Bravecto for Cats Large Cats

See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.4

Made my cat seriously ill - awful product

My cat would run while having this put on. A few days later I noticed severe diarrhoea in his litter tray and for about 3-4 weeks he would look really ill. I used this product 3 times on him. First time didn’t realise it was the product, second time I started my suspicions. Third time I was convinced it is the product and not just coincidence. I’ve never used it again on my poor baby. Each 3 months he would look very ill and severe diarrhoea for several days. That’s not coincidence.

Purchased in October 2020.

Nic J
Nic JCentral West, NSW

My healthy 5 yr old cat had it on Sunday and today (Thursday) I fear that he won’t make it.

Loss of appetite, lethargic, very sick. Doesn’t want to be touched at all. Not himself. I will never use this again. Vets go this so wrong. Don’t use it please

Purchased in September 2021 for $60.00.

toby
tobyBrisbane

Avoid at all costs

0/10 would not recommend.
The first time I used Bravecto Plus both cats seemed fine, however after the second dose one was super lethargic, spaced out and confused with dilated pupils and unsteady on his feet. He's now got a large sore and hair loss where it was applied which is only getting worse by the day. The other cat freaked out when it was applied, trying his hardest to run away. He's never had this reaction to Advocate before. I reported these symptoms to the Bravecto call line and was told they're normal. Anything that causes cognitive issues, open sores and hair loss is not something that should be anywhere near an animal.

Side Effects Long-term illness

Caused Balding

My cat immediately started having hair loss the day after applying Bravecto. By day two he had two bald spots and his hair continues to fall out. I wish I had read the reviews prior to using it!

Purchased in May 2021 for $80.00.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bravecto for Cats Large Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Hopeful but a disappointment!

Sounded to good to be true, 12 weeks! No result in relief of fleas from my big 17lb cat. After three weeks of continuous itching I will seek other medications.

Purchased in April 2021 for $52.00.

My heart is broken. He's been gone for 9 months

I have talked to many. This bravecto is poison. I will not stop trying to let all of you who love your family. Do not use. look at the rating. Not even a 1 star. We got a powder which is natural and on all our 4 kittys all the ticks and fleas are gone. Its called vets best and they have sprays for lawns. Been using this sense my big boy kitty was killed with bravecto. SO BE AWARE. Braveto is made in China.

Purchased in August 2020.

Side Effects Death
Rae
RaeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never use again!

My 5yr old cat has sensitive skin and is allergic to flea bites so I use a flea treatment regularly. Used Bravecto for the first time supplied by her vet..never again! She panicked when it was first applied and seemed frightened and in pain for a day, I’ve spotted a burn mark on her neck and I now understand why. Will go back to using Advantage, never been an issue in the past

Purchased in April 2021 for $80.00.

C. McHenry
C. McHenryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cats are supposed to have healthy coats

Purchased at Several.

Shannon
Shannon

It was so sticky & horrible a nightmare to wash off the hands too

It was so sticky and horrible
Been a week and still on the back of my cats nexts all yucky and horrible
A nightmare to wash off the hands too

Zahra
ZahraSydney, NSW

Horrible, doesn’t work, upsets the cat

My cat has to stay indoors now because she come back with ticks every-time, she hates when we put the stuff on and when we do it doesn’t even work

Purchased in September 2020 for $40.00.

Leyla
LeylaSydney Surrounds, NSW

My cat was very ill with worms, this stuff made him better

My big 6 y/o boy was vomiting and lethargic and I treated him with bravecto plus to worm him and within 24 hrs his appetite returned, the vomiting has stopped, he is happy and playful again with his adopted brother, his coat is healthy again though he did experience some discomfort(itching) at the back of his neck and some minor hair loss
But, I am grateful to say he is now a very happy boy
I’m so sorry to hear other people’s sad stories
I was shocked when I read these reviews so I had to do my own

Purchased in July 2020 at Petbarn for $28.00.

I beg you - do not use this!

Purchased in June 2020.

Side Effects Death

tanya
tanyaSydney, NSW

Buyer beware it may kill your cat

Bravecto Plus was used on my cat. 24 hours later she was vomitting, lathargic, high temp, and had severe toxicity poisoning, which has resulted in a urinary tract infection. Braveto dont care as she is 1 out of 10,000 cases, and it is stated as a known cause. Disgusting

Purchased in June 2020 at PetStock Physical store.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Pet Type Cat

My fur baby left with huge red bald patch

Within a day of treatment my poor cat started scratching the area and it ended up red and the bald the area about the size of a golf ball. I had to give him an antihistamine to stop scratching. I was instructed to have an injection type of medication next time and he’s reacted to that as well.

Purchased at Veterinary surgery .

Do Not Use

Applied as directed. Kitty slept for 2 days woke and went to stripping fur. Had bad life threatening seizure. Then did study and found that this was poison. How can trained professional sell this. Save a loved ones life don't purchase.

Purchased in April 2020 at Vet for $54.00.

lynda m.
lynda m.asked
Bravecto for Cats Large Cats

Is bravecto safe on 5 year old cats?What are the side affects.Which is the best one to buy.

Crissy grenier
Crissy grenierasked
Bravecto for Cats Large Cats

Have know is safe on cats?

LDMR66asked
Bravecto for Cats Large Cats

I’m pretty fuming my cat clearly has a skin allergy extremely sensitive no fleas or ticks yet they administered this. He left the vets wet his box was drooling panting and ever since hasn’t stopped biting licking and scratching which he was doing before hand and I feel they couldn’t be bothered to go into the real reason. He’s got possible renal failure and I’ve spent a fortune on prescription food supplements and frustrated that this awful chemical was suggested. My homes clean he doesn’t go out and I feel he’s reacting to this more so than the First itching. It’s not helped. Do I report this to the Pdsa who gave this. I’m absolutely fuming. Tried to wash the remaining greasy petrol like oil on his back and dried it. but it means further visits which stress him out.

Tintin
Tintin

Hi,
This sounds exactly like my situation! I would report this. My vets bill to get her back to life could have been avoided. I lost a cat a week previous (not due to this) so I was more concerned about getting her better than the money but im still paying it off still! They didn't even tell me about any side effects to this, just said it was the best stuff and placed it on her.
Your cat getting better or worse? My cat was awful, lifeless, heartbeat slowing down and I thought it was going to kill her as she's old.

Julie
Julie

My 15 year old cat has hyperesthesia which is a neurological condition and she also had fleas. The product says let your vet know if your cat has any neurological problems, and I did, but they still prescribed it. She was lethargic for 2-3 weeks before she got better. She seems ok now. I just waited it out to see If she got better and she did. I will not put it on her again.

Thank
You. I won’t have any topical solutions again. I got told the best stuff also. Horrified. But I’m going to put colloidal silver in his water as it’s ingested and not harmful. He’s still biting and licking and scratching. I feel so bad for him. The new diets stressful for renal problems and he’s so miserable.

Compare all 3 Bravecto for Cats