Bravecto for Cats Medium Cats

See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

DO NOT USE!!!!

Please everyone do not use Bravecto or Bravecto Plus. My poor kitty has been scratching nonstop since application and has scratched the entire application site raw. Very scary product. She is suffering.

Pet Type Cat

Not enough space to tell you how bad this poison is. It nearly killed our cat, had to go on a drip but getting better!

Photo of her laid on my hand was a week before having the flea treatment and other 3 are afterwards looking sad and trying to get her to eat a treat stick.

Purchased in October 2021 for $30.00.

Becky
Becky

Do not buy this ever!! my cat has died from it

48 hours post a get giving my girl this treatment my cat got serious blood poisoning. I happened to be working from home that day, had I not she would have died before I made it home. A few months later she had blood cancer which in the end caused her death. Please do not buy this stuff - I’m devastated. Vets get a commission to sell you this stuff snd say it is safe - there’s so many horrific stories out there. I’m still figuring the fight to get it banned.

Side Effects Death
bat
batGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One of our two cats has serious side effects after applying (as per VET recommendation)

Purchased in May 2021 at Balwyn Veterinary Surgery. 185 Whitehorse Rd Deepdene. Vic 3103 for $88.05.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bravecto for Cats Medium Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Wish I researched first. I never would have purchased.

Purchased in April 2021.

Will he die?

Purchased in April 2021 for $52.74.

Bravecto Plus caused hair loss in 1 cat, wobbliness in 2nd cat, third cat no problem

Bravecto Plus applied 5 days ago. Cat 1 (10 yr old) hair is coming off in big clumps and there’s redness and a scab forming in an area she can’t scratch and she vomited fresh food twice, cat 2 (6 yr old) was foaming a bit, paranoid and wobbly. Cat 3 (5 yr old) has had no adverse reactions which is odd as she’s usually the sensitive one and is on special food.

Will never buy this again. If it had this effect on just a few children it would be taken off the shelves. Sickening they let our fur babies suffer.

Update: used a wet facewasher with Malaseb to wipe off the oily residue and both cats returned to normal behaviour almost immediately. Fur is not coming off in clumps anymore a few days later.

Purchased in February 2021 at Petbarn Online store.

Side Effects Short-term illness

Nearly killed my cat

My vet gave this treatment to my cat saying it was the best thing. A few hours later she was drooling, twitching all over, panting, retching, lost control of her bowels and floppy. I washed the residue off her in the hope that would help. Today she is so floppy and still retching. I emailed my vet but got no response. I will NEVER use that vet again. My poor cat. I wouldgive this product no stars if i could.

Purchased in February 2020 for $70.00.

Wendy
WendyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I won't use this again

My 10 year old boy was given Brave to Plus 2 days ago. He's lethargic & has hair loss on his neck. I feel so bad for him. I'll be reporting it to the vet when they reopen tomorrow. Never again!! It's poison.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Do Not Use This Product !!!

Accurate facts : this medication should not be sold ! The side effects are horrible ! Lethargy, shallow breathing , our 6 year old cat was spaced out completely. What the hell is in this stuff , and why is it aloud to still be sold ! I have only found all this info about how terrible this product is after giving my cat . I hope people get to see this and all the other reviews and AVOID !!!

Purchased in December 2020.

This stuff is horrible, do not purchase.

This stuff is horrible, do not purchase. Made my cat itch and now she has a bald spot on application site. Am worried for her health now. Do not purchase.

Rosey
RoseySydney Surrounds, NSW

Never again

My cat has developed red itchy patches over her eyes. Seems to be an allergic response. Product was very sticky on the back of her neck and stayed sticky for a week.

Purchased in November 2020 for $60.00.

Ali
AliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works, but somethings wrong

We used the spot on. The product definitely protects and eliminates againsts fleas ticks and worms, however it comes at risk. Our kitty changes after he receives this. Goes weird and his personality changes. Runs around like crazy, Pupils change and he pants then sleeps. The next time we used it, it was even worse. He had a small seizure. I didn’t know really what was happening. We decided to wash it off and not to apply it again. We are now on the lookout for something new and not so harsh. Surely companies can come up with something gentler on our fur babies.

Purchased at Vet Products Direct for $54.99.

Chrissie D.

Cat had an Allergic reaction !

My Cat had an allergic reaction to this stuff, she wouldn't stop scratching and licking still 8hrs later !! Bathed her to get it off. She did not have bad fleas.

Side Effects Short-term illness

Do not let vet give to your cat!

I hesitated 2x after my vet wanted to apply this to my cat. Last time I agreed and my cat now has a bald spot where this was applied. This cannot be good for my cat!!! He just got over a 6 week bout with anal Gland surgery and now this??? I hope this stuff does not hurt him further or this company will have problems with me!!! I also want my $50 Back for the added stress and to keep my cat from itching! Poison!

Purchased in September 2020 for $51.00.

Patricia
Patriciaasked
Bravecto for Cats Medium Cats

Is this supposed to work for worms in cats? I applied it a week ago and cat still has worms.

Mark and Velma
Mark and Velmaasked
Bravecto for Cats Medium Cats

How long does Bravetco spot-on stay in the cat's body? Our 14 year old boy had a bad reaction to it after application on 26th June. Apparently itched like hell, so much so he licked the hair of 50mm dia circle. Now he is lethargic, has diaharrea, fussywith food, not playing with his 9mth old adopted sister.

Tess
Tess

Hi the treatment is supposed to work I understand for 12 weeks but my cat had reactions neurologically within a few hours. The vet shaved and thoroughly washed the area and she was put on a drip to try and flush the toxins out of her body. My other two cats were treated at the same time and thankfully have had no reaction. Perhaps take your boy to the vets for blood work because apart from the diarrhoea my cat was left the same symptoms and something has attacked her red blood cells causing anaemia. Hope he comes right very soon.

Chrissie D.

Tess, thank you for posting that ! My cat had a reaction to this and for the next 8 hours she wouldn't stop scratching and licking poor thing, she has got lots of allergies. I read your post and quickly bathed her, washed it off the back of the neck, she's dried and seems much happier now and has stopped scratching too !!

Caroline R.
Caroline R.asked
Bravecto for Cats Medium Cats

I have applied Bravecto incorrectly. My cat has licked the site of application. Will this harm my cat?

See all Bravecto for Cats Medium Cats questions