Breville Smart Fryer BDF500

MPNs: 2009 and BDF500BSS

Susan W

Susan WAU

Appalling customer service...revised!

Recently purchased and used twice. First time on pre set option, great. When to custom setting for fried chicken as instructed 175c and 12-15mins. Oil did not reach temperature neede to cook, barely warm. Emailed for response, and told to take back to retailer! Amazon purchase so how I do that I am not sure, what I am sure of is this is not good customer care in practice.

Having contacted the head office, a lovely lady name of Margaret has risen to the challenge. After being so disappointed with the response initially, I would have to say that they have outdone themselves by way of apology, contact and resolution.

Purchased in September 2020 at Amazon.

Mason W.

Mason W.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Really wanted to like this

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for $130.00.

vyonne57PERTH

It’s a bit complicated

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones for $143.00.

Deep Fryers

Find out how Breville Smart Fryer BDF500 compares to other Deep Fryers

SamCanberra

Excellent works perfectly

Had this deep fryer for about 12 months now, have used it about 20 times. It will do about 20 buffalo wings at a time or about 4 good sized pieces of flathead. Is reasonably quick to heat up from cold and cooks very well. The customisable settings are handy as well. The only downside is the plastic parts and the screen are very hard to get grease off.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Elizabeth

ElizabethMelbourne

Perfect results every time. Very scientific design. Easy to use & clean.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
snapback

snapback

What a great fryer!

I bought this 3 weeks ago (so I can't comment on its reliability) to replace my 10 year old Kambrook which had a malfunctioning thermostat. The whole digital setting and timer is great, and gives amazing flexibility and control-ability. The capacity is excellent and it cooks perfectly. I'm not too sure about the exposed heating elements, but most manufacturers are doing that these days, so it must be ok. It's great how easily it comes completely apart and is really easy to clean. Most of it goes in the dishwasher (elements and controller excepted). As long as it remains reliable, I recommend this deep fryer.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Very disappointed

I was given one as a gift which was sent from interstate to where I live. I don't have the receipt and I cant get in touch with the person who bought it for me. I have used it no more than 6 times, never even got to do chips in it. There is no signs of it even being used. Turned it on and it completely short fused the whole house when it went up with a huge bang. Of course they don't want to know you. They offered me to buy one at a special price which was the same price as the shops. Just a joke. Will never buy any of there products out of principle.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

chris luc55Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

bought 1-2 months ago ,worked 2 times ,today not working any more

i wish the customer service soon read and response to my review ,else i have to look for way to get it repair or refund !
i bought it via Westpac attitude credit point on line ,so not knowing how to proceed for repair or refund !
i used this two times , now plug in to power, LED has no display , AC definitely available , press reset bottom from behind gave no response !

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hi Chris Luc55. Please contact customer service for advice - 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

Jim

Jim

Easy to Manage, Easy to Clean, Great Results.

Cooks fish, fries and other foods to our tastes with ease. Metal construction with no hard to access spots makes the handling of oil - and clean up - simple and quick. Thoughtful design, large capacity, properly-sized heating element able to maintain ideal cooking temperatures and digital control resulted in superior hot straight-to-plate dinners at an unbeatable price.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Find out how Breville Smart Fryer BDF500 compares to other Deep Fryers

Hel-Mel

Hel-Mel

So far, so good!

I just purchased this deep fryer, and am very impressed so far. I like the easy to use readout, the multiple preset functions, and the way it beeps when up to temperature, or time is up. I also really appreciate the custom cook function, for my favourite recipe: just the way I like it. Another Breville success!

Daniel

DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looks good, has fantastic functions and the LCD screen is a treat!

Purchased this product late last year to compliment the rest of the Breville "Smart" range. What a mistake. Never in my life have i used an appliance that smokes my house out so badly. I had a $20 deep fryer before using this one, and i never had as many problems or nearly as much smoke. It seems i have to change the oil far more frequently with this product then i have had to with any other of my previous deep fryers. Store refuses to swap appliance over because they don't believe there is no fault. Again, Breville is useless - What a surprise. You'd expect better from a $150 deep fryer Last Product that i will ever purchase from these right royal rip off merchants.

mrsscollinsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect !

This is the First deep fryer we have Ever owned ! And we love it !!
Makes frying easy with all the cooking selection choices, and auto temp set , we dont need to muck about figuring out, looking up temps and times , fool proof , a great price and design !

SueF

SueFMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect for deep frying

Susan W

Susan Wasked

249-3646044-5536613, bought from amazon. Just attempted to send enquiry On breville site, but.....will not accept australia as country but to input USA....not a whole heap of good as I am not there! Why does custom 175c for 12 mins for chicken drumsticks not work! Oil not bubbled even slightly and display showed temp reached. Changed to nuggets preset and off it went. Unfortunately meat not cooked near bone. What’s the problem?

Jillian L.

Jillian L.asked

Hi I brought this today and have had no luck with it it just keeps coming up with a message error I've tried to reset it but that doesn't work I'm ready to take it back and get a refund

vyonne57

Oh no, sounds too smart! Yeah, take it back, it obviously has a problem, but it is worth getting another one, cause it really does do the best chips if that’s what you want.

Alison

Alisonasked

We bought the Smart Fryer BDF500 4/05/ 19 turned it on got "reset" message tried to reset got no result. Left if for 24hrs turned it on still got reset message. Ready to throw it out the door. Can anyone help?

Sam

Try taking it back to the shop you bought it from. Sounds faulty

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryDeep Fryers