Breville the Soft Top Dual BKE425

Breville the Soft Top Dual BKE425

MPN: BKE425BSS

Terrible

It Looks good but that's about it ! It's very heavy even when empty. It's also ackward to pick up and hurts even a slight arthritic hand and the slow opening lid is a pain when trying to fill it up

Dmatic

Dmatic

Everything you need from a kettle

I bought this to replace my Sunbeam that had an element in it. I love that this Breville doesn't! Not only is it an attractive kettle for your kitchen, it is easy to keep clean (stainless steel). The pop up lid is convenient to allow the top to open to avoid getting burnt (as I did on my previous one)

Date PurchasedApr 2018
    Steve

SteveNSW, 2019

Good Sturdy kettle

Date PurchasedJan 2018
    Electric Kettles

Find out how Breville the Soft Top Dual BKE425 compares to other Electric Kettles

H2me

H2meMELBOURNE

Bad kettle

Kettle lasted 2 years and has since died. Don't waste your money on expensive kettles like this one!! Have since bought a cheap one from K Mart which boils the water just as efficiently. Will never buy another expensive kettle to simply boil water, better off saving my money on something else.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
    Atom Ant

Atom AntWellington

Good but noisy

This is a good kettle but very noisy as it heats up and boils. We have a plastic version of the brand at work and it seems to be quieter perhaps because it is plastic rather than steel? We've noticed it seems to boil for a long time before switching off as well. However, it is well made, looks good and is easy to use and clean. It is cordless and the water gauge on the side lets you know how much is in the jug without having to open the lid.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
    Jess

JessSydney

Good Kettle

I mean, how much can you say about a kettle? It boils quick, it's relatively quiet, i like silver appliances haha

I got it for $48 which I guess is reasonable price. It's kinda crazy how such a basic appliance can be so expensive.

I was looking for a basic model that would boil water, and last a long time. I don't need something that can boil to 92.6 degrees exactly. I was debating between a reputable brand and "quality" kettle at the $50 range, or just getting a basic kmart/target one for $20. Since I went for the $50, i'm hoping it lasts > 5 years. So far so good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    TBunny

TBunnyMelbourne

i like it

i decided to go with this kettle when getting a new kettle and i like it. i like how the top opens up slowly and quietly instead of fast and loud like some other kettles. it also heats up boiling water quite quickly. is also affordable and easy to clean.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
    Lauren

Lauren

BKE430 soft touch kettle

This kettle has been such a disappointment. We try to buy to minimise waste, aiming for long use of our things.
    Purchased a little over 3 years ago. First the lid stopped opening, we could deal with that, by filling through the spout. The light stopped working, OK, unnecessary function. Would sometimes over boil and not switch off. So we kept an eye on it. Then this became more frequent culminating in on/off lever not working at all. Not repairable. And not expected from a not-cheap, name-brand appliance. More land-fill despite being less than 4 years old and used intermittently.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
    RobynF

RobynFSA, 5213

Great kettle

Kettle pours well, with no drips. Light to handle. Measurement window is easy to read. Boils quickly. Brushed metal finish is easy to clean. It is reasonably loud if you're standing right next to it, but to be honest I don't really notice it. Liked it so much that I bought another one for my elderly mother who needed one which was light and didn't drip when pouring.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
    Electric Kettles

Good2know

Good2knowPerth

Malfunctioned

Regrettably like many of the folks here, this kettle malfunctioned on us too not too long after purchase. It didn’t shut off when it boiled. Luckily we are around to notice it and manually shut it off before it potentially damages our circuit board. We will be considering other brands for reliability in the future.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Broken/Faults before even used 1st time !

Breville
    BrevilleBreville

Hi Diana - your comments will be forwarded to customer service and the design team. Thanks, the Breville team

Kat

Katasked

I bought the model BKE425 2.5 years ago and recently noticed a small amount of water was under the kettle if I filled it above 1.5 litres. I also noticed what appeared to be calcification around the plastic measurement panel on one side. I went to wipe it off (gently) and the plastic gave way and there is now a hole in the panel (the panel on the other side of the kettle is in perfect condition). I'm taking it back under warranty tomorrow, but wondered if anyone else has reported this fault?

JayJay
    JayJay

I brought a Breville Esy Pour kettle LKE280 2.2years ago there is always water under the kettle which I wipe away after filling I'm not sure which measurement but I usually fill it to maximum level perhaps it happens too at 1.5 . There has been no calcification or cracking on the panels but i find the measurements extremely difficult to read they are not very clear at all and I have to take the kettle into bright light to fill it though the filter in the spout. It is also quite noisy I think I reported it as quiet when first brought so it was and is compared with my previous horrendously noisy metal kettle.Would I recommend this kettle now? hmmm I don't think so , Otherwise it heats water quickly and does the job and has lasted longer then all other kettles Ive had. My warranty was only a year.

Annie G

Annie Gasked

The front of the lid has a black cover part KE7270-10-05 which has snapped off probably due to the vibration when the water boils. It now appears that the tips of 2 electrodes which were under the cover have been exposed but the kettle continues to operate normally and I cannot find any reference on the Breville website to know whether this is a safety issue or not. Any help?

2017april
    2017april

Yes, the Dual BKE425. That's the cheap one (under $60) with the plastic handle, isn't it? Definitely a safety issue but if it's still under warranty get Breville to replace it. Mine is the top-of-the-range Luxe BKE735 and it's made out of much better quality materials. The Luxe BKE735 is definitely worth the extra money.

ullas

ullasasked

After a month of use, power switch trips on turning on my Breville Kettle? I've been keeping it dry at the bottom & maintaining the water level above the minimum marker. What can be the issue?

Richard
    Richard

I have none of these issues. If it keeps tripping the fuse and it is the only appliance that does this in this plug then I would suggest you try it in another outlet and if it does it there then I would return it as it must be faulty.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives