Noisy and lasted less then 2 years
I found this kettle to be extremely noisy ,the loudest kettle Ive ever had. I bought it in 20 April 2017 and it stopped working today 24 February 2019 past the guarantee period . Not happy.I wouldl expect an expensive kettle to continue working for a reasonable period not less then two years.
Purchased in April 2017.
Seems great! I've only one thing I dislike about it so far.
Seems like a great little kettle, I purchased it from Bing Lee recently from the first time I tried it ive been quite happy with my purchase.
- Water does actually taste a lot nicer compared to what my old kettle gave.
- Very easy to view the amount of water in the kettle with the twin water level windows, thankfully they aren't sealed either, so I don't need to worry about anything that might get into the kettle getting stuck in there.
- Pouring spout is adequately large enough to fill straight from a standard faucet. (I know the kettle is designed for top filling, but it's convenient.)
- Heats water nice and quickly and also has handy safeguards for auto shutoff and boil-dry protection.
- Concealed element means nothing can get stuck under or around it, making the kettle a lot easier to clean.
- Nice loud bell to let me know when my water is heated.
- Metal sides of the kettle do become quite hot during operation and remain hot as long as there is hot water in the kettle. - The only areas that are ok to touch are the handle and the on/off switch.
I do hope this kettle lasts a decent amount of time.
worked great, but shut-off has quit
This has been a great kettle for our family. We have used it once or twice daily for about two years, so we have gotten good use out of it. But the auto shut-off has stopped working which is a real safety hazard. In the little research I've done it appears this cannot be fixed. A real bummer for an expensive item. We try to buy high quality items so they last.
Impossible to live with its so loud
Purchased this 4 weeks ago after (stupidly) believing the Breville website description "The ritual of enjoying a cup of tea or coffee is one of life's more tranquil moments. So why shouldn't making a cuppa be part of the tranquility?"
There is no tranquillity in our house when its on . Forget listening to the radio or making a phone call, as it roars. You can actually hear this kettle three rooms away from the kitchen.
Clear top cracks
We have just replaced this kettle under warranty. It was nine months old. The trouble? The clear plastic in the lid developed an alarming series of cracks. The same thing has happened to my daughter's kettle and to her mother-in-law's kettle. Also, a large, dark brown stain on the inside base of the kettle has appeared. This is our second Breville kettle and there was no trouble with the first kettle lid. Is a different type of plastic being used? We'll see with our replacement kettle.
Loud and auto shut off sometimes fails
I have owned this kettle for 11 months. For the first few months it was ok. Much quieter than my previous kettle. Gradually it started to get louder. Cracks have mysteriously appeared in the lid. I can live with both these things, but now, on occasion, it just keeps boiling and is dangerous. I plan to take it back before the warranty expires.
Excellent reliable kettle
A real workhorse. This is the second one of these, purchased the first one around 4 and a half years ago and it was punished. The electrics still work fine but the plastic holder for the filter etc crumbled away and the lid didn't seal 100% in the end. The new one is very quiet and efficient. Would recommend it for the money.
Great Basic Kettle
I bought this kettle a few weeks back and have been very impressed so far. Much research was done on this site as i wanted to stay with Breville after a healthy 8-10 years with my last one. After many reviews i decided to stay away from anything that had too much in the way of the electronic temperature adjustments as they seem t be the failing link in many reviews and I've gone back to the basic Boiler. I like the light indicator which tells me when it is on and the clear indication of the water level. It is quiet and it makes a little "ting" sound when the water is ready.
Questions & Answers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.