Breville the Soft Top Pure BKE700

Breville the Soft Top Pure BKE700

MPN: BKE700BSS

3.0

RajPerth, WA

Works well but i will have to throw it because the lid has disintegrated

The kettle works well but the plastic lid has disintegrated. Which means I have had to throw away a perfectly working kettle. This increases e- waste and damages our environment

Bruce

BruceQLD, 4051

This is good electric Kettle

I bought this Kettle to replace my old sunbeam kettle.
This is good electric kettle, boil really quick and very light weight and outside of this kettle is a bit warm and not dangerously hot at all.
I have been using it twice a day, to make hot coffee in the morning and afternoon.
The downside in this product is that it made mostly from plastic not stainless Steel.
Overall, This product is good but need improvement.
I would recommend to buy this product.

Purchased in January 2020 at Target Australia for A$50.00.

JayJay

JayJay

Noisy and lasted less then 2 years

I found this kettle to be extremely noisy ,the loudest kettle Ive ever had. I bought it in 20 April 2017 and it stopped working today 24 February 2019 past the guarantee period . Not happy.I wouldl expect an expensive kettle to continue working for a reasonable period not less then two years.

Purchased in April 2017.

Electric Kettles

Find out how Breville the Soft Top Pure BKE700 compares to other Electric Kettles

Peter M.

Peter M.

Seems great! I've only one thing I dislike about it so far.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

worked great, but shut-off has quit

This has been a great kettle for our family. We have used it once or twice daily for about two years, so we have gotten good use out of it. But the auto shut-off has stopped working which is a real safety hazard. In the little research I've done it appears this cannot be fixed. A real bummer for an expensive item. We try to buy high quality items so they last.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
keepsmiling

keepsmilingMelbourne

Impossible to live with its so loud

Purchased this 4 weeks ago after (stupidly) believing the Breville website description "The ritual of enjoying a cup of tea or coffee is one of life's more tranquil moments. So why shouldn't making a cuppa be part of the tranquility?"

There is no tranquillity in our house when its on . Forget listening to the radio or making a phone call, as it roars. You can actually hear this kettle three rooms away from the kitchen.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Rosie

RosieSydney

Clear top cracks

We have just replaced this kettle under warranty. It was nine months old. The trouble? The clear plastic in the lid developed an alarming series of cracks. The same thing has happened to my daughter's kettle and to her mother-in-law's kettle. Also, a large, dark brown stain on the inside base of the kettle has appeared. This is our second Breville kettle and there was no trouble with the first kettle lid. Is a different type of plastic being used? We'll see with our replacement kettle.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Loud and auto shut off sometimes fails

I have owned this kettle for 11 months. For the first few months it was ok. Much quieter than my previous kettle. Gradually it started to get louder. Cracks have mysteriously appeared in the lid. I can live with both these things, but now, on occasion, it just keeps boiling and is dangerous. I plan to take it back before the warranty expires.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
BrevilleBreville

Hi Nic P - please contact customer service for assistance - 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

Nic P
Nic P

Hi, I live in NZ.

Richard

RichardSydney, NSW

Excellent reliable kettle

A real workhorse. This is the second one of these, purchased the first one around 4 and a half years ago and it was punished. The electrics still work fine but the plastic holder for the filter etc crumbled away and the lid didn't seal 100% in the end. The new one is very quiet and efficient. Would recommend it for the money.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Hi Richard - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Electric Kettles

4harvesPerth, WA

Great Basic Kettle

I bought this kettle a few weeks back and have been very impressed so far. Much research was done on this site as i wanted to stay with Breville after a healthy 8-10 years with my last one. After many reviews i decided to stay away from anything that had too much in the way of the electronic temperature adjustments as they seem t be the failing link in many reviews and I've gone back to the basic Boiler. I like the light indicator which tells me when it is on and the clear indication of the water level. It is quiet and it makes a little "ting" sound when the water is ready.

4harves

So it's been a couple of months now with my Breville kettle getting constant use multiple times a day. I am still very happy with this kettle and happy to recommend this model to those currently researching their options.

Hi 4harves - thanks for your review. The Breville team

Bruce M.asked

On my new BKE 700 the instructions say a bell rings but I have not heard it yet?

Raj

I have never heard a bell in the last few years. Maybe this could be a modification

Dammit. I love bells...

Jeeves V.

Jeeves V.asked

Hi! I just bought a brand new BKE700. I've found that it does not let me boil water for a while after I've already used it... or let me reboil water thats been boiled recently (I like my tea super hot). Is this a feature? Maybe this kettle isn't for me :(

BrevilleBreville

Once the water has reached boiling temperature there is a delay before it will start again as a safety feature to prevent unintentional continued boiling.

Michael P.

Michael P.asked

What is the warranty period?

Ravin S.
Ravin S.

Small appliances usually come with a 1yr warranty. I've had this model for about 5 years without any problems until recently when it stopped heating before it boils. I bought a new thermostat unit from Aliexpress for $30 to fix it. This sort of failure will happen to any kettle over time though.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives