Breville The Quick Cook LIC400BLK

2.5

Emma Gyuris

Emma GyurisTownsville

Avoid!

The preprogrammed functions are joke. Breville thinks the user is unable to decide what power level to use, so breville does it for you with disastrous results. Burned food results EVERY time after trying fir 3 weeks I returned my unit to the good guys. I have used induction before ant it worked great! However if this was your introduction to induction I guess you would never contemplate it as your primary cooking mode!

Purchased in October 2020 for A$107.00.

Thomas

ThomasSydney, NSW

DO NOT buy this product

I bought this cooker on 18/6/19 from The Good Guys and it worked well until 28/6/20. The Error Code showed E3 and didn't work again. It was 10 days after the 12 months Replacement Guarantee. I think the Breville has done a very good work to make it not working just AFTER the guarantee period

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for A$79.00.

Mrs Shelley W

Mrs Shelley WAU

Works well... but the modes

This cooker should just have low to high settings, instead it has differ modes, for example I want to keep rice that I have boiled just slightly warm for 15 minutes before I switch it off it is almost impossible to work out how to leave it set to just cook for 15 minutes on a low temperature. The timer says it has ranges of settings but so far it seems to go up to number four and then stop I have no idea why ....

Purchased in May 2020 at Adelaide Appliance Gallery for A$100.00.

Portable Cooktops

Find out how Breville The Quick Cook LIC400BLK compares to other Portable Cooktops

magicrobot

magicrobot

This product is crazy

Well made, has plenty of power, etc, etc - all good
However - it only operates in pre-set modes (simmer, slow cook, etc). These pre-sets only allow power levels in various ranges, they turn off after a while (purposely) and the power goes up and down. Had a chicken dish simmering on level 600, looking good - left it for 5 minutes. While I was away it turned itself up to 1200 and was burning the chicken!
There is no option but to use these insane pre-sets. Stay away - buy a cheaper normal induction cooktop that allows you to choose the power

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for A$100.00.

Roxanne Betts

Roxanne BettsCentral West, NSW

Good value for money

I purchased the cook top to be able to cook pickles and chutney's etc. Because I have an older boiler it is not compatible with the cook top and an error is displayed. Bit disappointed given that was the reason i purchased it so I am now up for a new pot.... Great with all compatible pots and pans though and the heating up and and cooling down of the pans is excellent. Very easy to clean and store away when not using.

Purchased in February 2020 at Betta Home Living for A$99.00.

Jason t

Jason tGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brilliant. Does what you would expect well

I was a bit concerned wether one of these hotplates would work as well as gas. I actually find it easier to use than gas and equally good results. My only teeny thing i though would be helpful is if the medium setting could be on the default left. Only as its my most used setting. Cooks rice and pasta well and easily. Power controls are controllable from 200w to 21000w.

Goodbye overly expensive gas connection.
If you need something like this this breville is perfect for the job

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for A$120.00.

Renee

Reneeasked

My Breville induction quick cook keeps moving between the menu when I am cooking. If I see the sear it moves through all of the modes until it gets to milk then turns off. This is the case for any menu I select, it automatically moves through all of the lower settings then turns off. Making it difficult to get a constant temperature to cook. What am I doing wrong?

tamehana t.

tamehana t.asked

My cooker hums when I plug in power cord and before hitting on button. What van this be. Is it normal

Susan P.

Susan P.asked

What size pot us optimum to use on it? My cooker is arriving on Thursday and I'll need a new induction-friendly pot.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryPortable Cooktops