Breville the Smart Kettle Clear BKE840

Breville the Smart Kettle Clear BKE840

MPNs: BKE840CLR4JAN1 and BKE840CLR4JAN2

Breville BKE840CLR LEAKS

within 8 months have had to replace it twice due to leakage at the base of the handle. Rang Breville, was told they are not aware of this problem. I see many complaints online about leaks with this kettle - are we not letting Breville know about this issue? So that their engineering department can fix this problem!!

Purchased in May 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $149.00.

Happy I wasnt electrocuted by Rose 9th November 2019

son purchased kettle for my birthday on Oct 16th 2019 has stopped working 09th november 2019 leaking water and stopped boiling is basically a lemon I will be looking at getting a refund do not want a replacement as viewed other disgruntled customers obviously faulty product needs to go back to the workshop

Purchased in October 2019 for $169.15.

trev

trevMelbourne

Not worth all the bells and whistles.

The kettle has five temperature settings, a keep warm feature and a cancel button. The water level is easily seen. The spout however is rather wide making it difficult to pour with accuracy. The kettle failed within one week of purchase. It started to leak water rendering the electronics useless.

Purchased in September 2019.

aquamax

aquamax

Works if it does not leak

I bought it two weeks ago and I did not notice its leakage until I could not boil water anymore. I was happy with the design and the functions, but another issue is that it already started having rusk-like stain at the bottom for only two weeks usage.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store.

Winnie

WinnieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It leaks badly ...

Bas4Canberra 2600, ACT

Leaks water

I purchased this glass kettle and it leaked after 3 days. Received a replacement and now this is leaking after only 1 month. It’s a poor design. Now on my 3rd.

The glass top is joined to the metal bass that houses the heating element via a rubber grommet. It’s not fully encapsulated in glass. That’s why it leaks. It needs to be re-designed to have a fully enclosed glass bowl. Glass has come a long way. Surely this can be done

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $199.00.