MPN: BKE840CLR4JAN1

Works if it does not leak

I bought it two weeks ago and I did not notice its leakage until I could not boil water anymore. I was happy with the design and the functions, but another issue is that it already started having rusk-like stain at the bottom for only two weeks usage.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store.

Noise Level

Too much trouble of cleaning the base of the kettle ...just too obvious and it does leak

I bought this kettle back in May 2019 at David Jones for $159 while it is on special. I always thought a glass kettle is good, however, as soon as I used this the very first time by boiling it with filtered water, the base already show the limescale in the kettle and I need to keep on removing them with fresh lemon and white vinegar every second day! The good thing is at least we see it and can clean it easily but do I really want to see it though ....

I actually don’t think I need a variation of temperature for a kettle as I always end up use it 100 degree boiling water anyway.

However, I did realise from my solar app that this new kettle doesn’t use as much as electricity as my old Sunbeam variation temperature kettle (bought it from a sunbeam Warehouse for $69 back in 2015). The old broken Sunbeam one (after four years of service!) used to show that during boiling, it jumped upto 3.3kw to boil a 1.7ltr of room temperature water to 100 degree. This Breville only jumped upto 2.5kw so overall you need to be careful the electricity that may consume you by different brands and models of kettle. Not just for our pockets but for the environment as well.

Meanwhile, I also found this kettle has been leaking during boiling ... not even with a full kettle. Same experience like another user’s review.

Leaks water

I purchased this glass kettle and it leaked after 3 days. Received a replacement and now this is leaking after only 1 month. It’s a poor design. Now on my 3rd.

The glass top is joined to the metal bass that houses the heating element via a rubber grommet. It’s not fully encapsulated in glass. That’s why it leaks. It needs to be re-designed to have a fully enclosed glass bowl. Glass has come a long way. Surely this can be done

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Noise Level
Update on my above review. The 3rd Breville BKE840 glass Kettle is now leaking also after only a few days. I can’t believe with our modem world and advances in technology that Breville cant make a Kettle that doesn’t LEAK!! What an absolute piece of rubbish