Brother MFC-9330CDW

MPNs: 35905224, BRO-MFC-9330CDW and LED-PRB-MFC-9330CDW

7 questions from our users

Rick Frayne

Rick Frayneasked

I am not getting the Double Sided Scan Option from Control Centre 2. Any help?

Ralph G.
Ralph G.

I couldn't find it either. I was guessing maybe you had to upgrade to Control Center 4, but I don't see a way of doing that either

Kat K

Kat Kasked

cant scan to email..
when i try to scan to email, the unit tells me to check connection.. everything is set up as per instructions provided.
where is the problem..??

Bren
Bren

I'd like an answer to this also as I can't find any additional setup options.

Diana

Dianaasked

I have just changed the Cyan toner in my MFC and there is an error message that the Cyan toner needs changing. Could it be a dud toner? Also, could I have got the toner cartridge containers mixed up with another colour (I also changed the Magenta cartridge as well).

Biggus Dickus

You can reset the unrecognized toner through the user panel. Press the fax symbol to light up the dial pad.which is otherwise blacked out. Locate the asterix (*) symbol mark it with a bit of liquid paper.(you are doing this because you need to push the asterix button with it turned off). Press the the red x to take the menu back to the main screen. Open the top cover as if you are going to change the toner. Confirm the screen says (cover open) if not press the red x. The screen must say (cover open) you may have to open and close the cover several times to get it to say this. Hold your finger on the asterix button (it is blacked out and you cant see it this is why we marked it) for 5 seconds. The screen will change and say reset toner. scroll up and down to C (cyan) and press reset... Close the cover and use your fooled printer as normal.

gazoola
gazoola

I had to change one of the rear fuser follers in our printer at around 4000 page count.
If others had similar issues, what page count were you at?

Colonial Squareasked

I have changed the drum in the past month. After that it a black vertical line appeared. I slid the wire cleaner back and forth a couple of times and that did the trick. Now I have 3 black vertical lines and it did not help to use the cleaner. What is going on?

Biggus Dickus

does the line appear when you do a print or only when you copy or scan? does the line have embossing bumps in the paper?

Joe B
Joe B

I'm pretty sure you used another brand of ink. ALL other brands of ink have different sized cartridges and they leak ink. OEM is the only brand that will work, but if you are like me, I'll be damned if I pay $160 for replacement ink for a $150 printer. It's disposable, throw it away and buy a HP or another brand.

Colonial Square

It happens when I copy something. No bumps.

chris luc55

chris luc55asked

HI there , have any one tried to print black/white with duplex on this machine, i am considering buy this , Dick smith selling MFC 9140, with $20 cheaper but there is feedback that it has to either select mono or duplex and not both ?! I assume it is referred to printing black/white can only be one side /page ?

Libbadog

I had no difficulty printing a colour document as monochrome duplex using native drivers on Mac OS-X although I noticed that MS Word 2011 for Mac does not appear to have a setting for duplex but does have mono. Hope this helps.

lecs.turner

lecs.turnerasked

I have an issue, were after successful installation to Brother MFC – 9330CDW Printer it goes Offline, hence print queue reveals the printer does not awake from sleep mode.
It was all good for a fortnight ago, but now I have to shut down the computer to enable print list.
I have windows 7, any recommendation to what to do?
Charlie

Charlie,
I run the MFC-9339CDW on a Wi-Fi network where it is used by a Win-7 and a Win-8 laptop, iPhones, iPad, Macbook Pro and iMac all of which work perfectly with this printer. I have installed the most recent updates for Firmware and the Control Centre for the printer although previous versions gave no trouble.

Assuming you are using a Wi-Fi connection to the printer, what might affect you is the IP Address allocated to the printer. In the past I have had similar issues to yours caused by a using a Dynamic IP address which seems to be forgotten when some devices go to sleep. Now I always set printers to Fixed IP and have no problems. This requires a setting in your Wi-Fi router where you reserve an IP address for the printer.

I hope this helps as I find this the easiest to use, multi function device I have used.

Regards, Brian

brigit.heller

brigit.hellerasked

Does Brother MFC 9330CDW work with a Mac?

metragnome
metragnome

It sure does. We set ours up to work with both PC and Mac and was quite easy to do.

Libbadog

It works with our iMac, iPhone and iPad.

Get an answer from our members and Brother representatives