Bundaberg Ginger Beer

3.6

Cheryl

CherylGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bundaberg ginger beer

Terrible taste just bought carton opened 3 tastes like vinegar wasted my money. Just read comments and saw I am not the only disappointed person

Purchased in June 2020 at Costco VIC, Docklands for A$13.00.

Greatly Horrible New Taste

I have loved Bundaberg Ginger Beer all my life and have sometimes paid huge amounts to find it all over the world as an Expat, but after buying 4 cases of Bundaberg’s ‘great new taste’ I am devastated. Whoever approved the new recipe has some serious questions to answer. Rotten taste with no respect for why people love (wait loved) it, the GINGER tang. Unless the old taste comes back, I will never buy another bottle again! (Reviewing from London, UK)

Purchased in June 2020 for A$18.00.

Kara.R

Kara.RPerth, WA

Shouldn’t have changed the recipe

The new recipe has removed the ginger tang that we have come to love. It now tastes cheap and not worth the extra cost, I won’t be buying this product again unless they change it back.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for A$6.00.

Awful cheap new taste

Have always loved this beer when hot and thirsty. Just grabbed one from the fridge, opened and glugged away and what is this??? It tastes cheap and awful! Vanilla...with ginger.. really? Bundaberg, what have you done? After years, I won't be buying this again.

Purchased in May 2020.

Disappointed in Bundaberg

Real shame about the "new taste" it was the sharp and spicy taste that the "old taste" great.....guess it must be a cost saving in production...unfortunately now it doesn't stand out from the rest

Purchased in May 2020.

John G.

John G.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

threw it in the bin.. horrible new flavour

New flavour is rubbish threw it in the bin.. don t try it

Purchased in May 2020 for A$3.50.

Great New Taste is a Big Miss

Previously a 30-year Bundberg customer. Just bought a new case of 24. Got home to "Great New Taste" . Sugar, sugar, sugar. No ginger, no spice. This is un-Australian, it tastes like Pepsi - what a shame that a great Aussie product is ruined! Did they ever read about the disaster that was New Coke?

Purchased in March 2020.

Delish!!

This is a 'gentler' ginger beer, it doesn't feel as sharp as others so that's my missing star. I quite like that full on whoosh to hit the spot.

It's enjoyable whether it's summer or winter, it's just an easy drink to have. People have commented on the high sugar content but I've compared it with two other brands I have and this one has the lowest. I didn't get an unpleasant after taste that some leave.

I would say this is my 3rd favourite ginger beer and having become quite the connoisseur on them, its third of a long list! I would definitely buy it again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Sainsburys .

Sky

SkySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Stuff

This ginger beer is very good. Non-alcoholic. Its always a hit.

Max cook

Max cookSouth Australia

I love it so much it's the best for when you are sick and great for birthday party's so I reckon this drink.

Great ginger beer and also great for a nice hot summer

Purchased in April 2014 at Woolworths for A$2.00.

Emma

Emma

The best!

Refreshing, great tasting and awesome bottle packaging. Drinks taste so much better in a glass bottle ! Is however quite sugary.

Mark T.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

probably the best Ginger Beer in the world

See the title, I have not found better yet, i used to seek it out in the UK when i lived there too, and it was way better than anything else.

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths for A$13.00.

Kylie

KylieHunter Region, NSW

Refreshing icy cold

Probably my favourite ginger beer. Refreshing served over ice especially in this dreadful heat. The perfect amount of ginger to not be overwhelming. The pull tab makes it harder to open, a lid would be better to keep from going flat.

Don

DonGold Coast

Don

Sometimes impossible to uncap bottle even using a lever. Carlton had same problem and changed back to screw top hence a full page ad in the
Courier Mail the other day. Love your product but hard to enjoy sometimes.

Rubbish

Rubbish product, wouldn't give it to my dog. 40grams of sugar which is enough to do some damage. Nothing more to say.

Lid

The amount of people I know who cut themselves or will the drink everywhere because of these horrible lids, a weak person would never get it off, drinks great, but not buying no more I'm over these lids

I thought I would try something new

I'm a big fan of the Jamaican Ginger beer and thought I would expand into other brands. Got to say, this is not high on the list. 1st., tons of sugar...40mg. and it still tastes bad. Leaves an unpleasant after taste.

Lisam

LisamMelbourne

Great on hot summer days, but the sugar level...OMG

a friend intro ducted my family to ginger beer. At first I thought it was ok, then I really got a taste for it...hocked! One day I was reading the nutritional label, and found it to contain 50% of the daily intake of sugar...couldn't believe it. So now I have alittle, as I can't afford the calories. Mixing it into mineral water is a great option.

Open Sesame!

I am concerned by the number of people who say they have changed brands or cut themselves due to the Bundaberg Ginger Beer lids. Pull the ring straight out first then lift to peel off lid. This should solve the opening issues. Oh! And invert the bottle before opening to redistribute the sediment. Hope this helps!

Sam

Sam

Yummo

My partner and i purchase the 750ml bottle screw cap bottles. They tend to past us longer and there's no need for the bottle opener. At $2.80 a bottle at woolworths its cheap for a mum like me im not going to say no and neither should you xx