4Bushman Fridges DC85-X

98% · 1801 · 1%

Kathy M.
Kathy M.

Bushman's Fridge DC85-X

I bought this for my son's birthday, and he absolutely loves it. It fits perfectly on the back of his ute under the canopy. Show details ·  1
lacarser
lacarser
AB7248
AB7248Perth, WA5 posts

Great caravan fridge

Great little fridge, easy to install and set up. Keeps everything cold and low power consumption. Show details ·  1
Jeffrey Brown
Jeffrey Brown2 posts
  Fair Incentive DC85-X

bushman fridges 12volt

This is my second, Bushman 12-volt upright fridge. The First replaced the old 3 way in the caravan and it work great, so I was sold. Show details ·  1
Andrew
AndrewCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts
  DC85-X

Perfect solution for my canopy

Fantastic low powered fridge with heaps of room inside. Easy to fit and well protected with the enclosure purchased as well. Show details ·  1
Jessica Swinburne
Jessica Swinburne

Great fridge!

Power efficient, can fit so much in there and the upright fridge is so convenient! Would definitely recommend this product. Show details ·  1
Mark S.
Mark S.South East Queensland, QLD
  Verified DC85-X

Not long had it but am pretty happy with it so far

Perfect fit for my canopy , easy fitted , and easy on the power,.love it Show reply
header07
header07South East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Happy camper

Very happy with the addition into the back of my land cruiser. Roof solar and dcdc has kept ice creams in the freezer perfect. Show details ·  1
marc.adams
marc.adamsThe Mallee, VIC

Awesome

Measurements in the description were exact, which is what i needed.!!!! Show details ·  1
Mark smith
Mark smithWide Bay-Burnett, QLD3 posts

Great beer fridge

Have set the fridge on four, works very well at that temp. I have put a frame over the fridge which keeps out direct sunlight, works very well. It sits in the back of my bt50 and used as a beer fridge. Show details ·  1
Alec Farmer
Alec Farmer

Great bit of kit

Thought it would be way too big but for the 85l of fridge, it takes up as much as any other top opening fridge. Fits into the setup perfectly. Customer service is on point, always extremely fast and very happy to help! Will keep me coming back for all my future builds! Show details ·  1
John Robb
John Robb

Excellent fridge!

I bought this fridge for my VW Kombi camper. It arrived fast. All the details and instructions were correct. It was an easy installation. I had to swap the door hinge side over so I simply followed the instructions. It’s a very quiet fridge with great volume for its dimensions. I’m happy to have it in my camper and it’s been running really well on my back up battery using hardly any power, and keeping beers and food cold.
Recommended. Show details ·  1
Carlo
Carlo

Doesn't miss a beat

We have used the 85 for a trip to Darwin from Melbourne and it kept our food crisp and fresh along with our drinks cold. Handled all the off road corrugations just fine. We have the external cage which is great but needs sharp edges knocked off and locktight on the screws for off roading.
Overall its performing very well. Show details ·  1
Dahrin Wirtz
Dahrin Wirtz
  Verified DC85-X

One of the best upright fridges only

I started using Busman Fridges in my builds about 26 months ago and must admit that I am very happy with the product. The first build using the Bushman fridge is in a vehicle continuously travelling into remote Australia that has already clicked over 120,000 km with the fridge running continuously since installed without any issues.
The product is well designed and engineered and outshines many of it's competitors that I used over many years. Show details ·  1
Peter N.
Peter N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good fridge works well

Works well, I have taken up to Cape York and it handled the many corrugations, the only problem I faced was the door dropping slightly when closing. Show details ·  1

Sidcam · DC85-X

Hi. I am considering replacing a compressor fridge in my houseboat with a Bushman DC85X. I have a Victron solar setup. The current fridge only runs on 240 so the plug is for a 240 v power point. The Bushman comes with an Anderson Plug, how do I connect it to run on both 240 & solar please?

Douglas Brumpton
Douglas Brumpton

I think DC85x should be a good fridge. I have DC130X which struggles a bit with our hot climate, i think they run same compressor.

Sidcam

Thanks. I am just trying to work out how to actually plug it in ….. the connection on the fridge is an Anderson plug but the point on my Victron inverter is a 240 v point

danniskye
danniskye · DC85-X

G,day,
Wondering if a 20amp toggle/cut off switch is absolutely vital? Would a 15amp switch be sufficient? Also do I need a cut off switch if my fridge is wired through a fuse board. Could I simply remove the 15amp fuse as a way of isolating power from the fridge. Therefore Eliminating the need for a cut off switch?
Sorry if this has already been discussed.
Thanks in advance,
Burnsy

Dan
Dan · DC85-X

Hi. Is is safe to turn the fridge off when not in use or does it do damage turning it on and off all the time? Thanks.

Bushman Fridges   DM

Hi Dan, best thing to do is cut power to the fridge completely, dry the inside with a towel, then leave the door open so it does not get mouldy. It is fine to keep it off. Cheers, Tommy

See all Bushman Fridges DC85-X questions

Bushman Fridges DC50-X
Bushman Fridges DC50-X4.8
CategoryCaravan FridgesCaravan FridgesCaravan FridgesCaravan Fridges
Price (RRP) $1,399$1,549$1,199$1,149
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Awards 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2 more2020, 2021, 2022 and 2 more2020, 2021, 2022 and 2 more2020, 2021, 2022 and 2 more
  • GTIN12: 797776962518