Bushman XCD Series

Best thing ever for our bush camp .

Great !!! No more worry with solar and batteries struggling to run a fridge all night. Uses very little gas. Running for 2 weeks on a 9kg bottle an still plenty of gas left. I run the thermostat on 1.5 out of a possible 4 and keeps everything crisp and makes ice easily. Having a light is a bonus but a switch on the front would be better than having to reach around the back to remove batteries,although you still have to do that when leaving the fridge off for an extended time.Overall an excellent fridge and would recommend them very highly. Cheers Keith Redden.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bushman .Research VIC 3095 for $1,813.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

Exactly what I was looking for

Happy all around with this fridge. Only a small niggle is the vegetable tray sticks when sliding in and out.
Great size freezer, really worth getting the bigger size.
What an excellent company to deal with too. Love that they are Australian family business.
Would highly recommend. 5 stars from me!

Purchased in July 2019.

Internal Layout
Household Size 1 person(s)

280 XCD

This fridge is beyond my expectations. Client service and backup is excellent.
Gas usage is better than expected.
Overall the fridge is well packaged and very easy to setup and maintain.
The instruction manual is easy to follow and very well written.
Highly recommended

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,280.00.

Very Happy

I am very happy with my new Bushman's fridge. It is very quick to cool down and works well throughout. Nicely finished and having a light is an added feature you would not know it is a gas fridge.

Purchased in May 2019.

Household Size 2 person(s)

A giant leap from our previous fridges.

We live in the bush and have been off-grid since 1981. In this time we have had two previous gas fridges , both of a well known international brand. I must say they served us well for a very long time but this new Bushman is in another league. It is super efficient on gas usage , very quiet , so much so I keep putting my hand on the back to make sure I can feel heat to make sure it's working.
We also were very happy with the speed of delivery from time of order as it was transported interstate from Victoria to NSW. The communications between myself and the Bushman staff was prompt and helpful.
I really cant endorse this particular product highly enough.

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,995.00.

A huge improvement on the Old Consul (about 30 years old) and works excellently!

Cold? Will freeze in the food compartment, works so well! Once you adjust it right, Perfect! The S/Steel surface needs to be cleaned regularly, doors fine, we haven't had any problems other than finding a fitting for the gas inlet when we first got it.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bushman Fridges for $2,500.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

we couldnt live without it

easy to operate we go from electric to gas daily and have no problems .We have two one for food and one for beer and I better have a beer now .We enjoy an ice cold beer straight out of the fridge winter or summer ,Up here in the NQ,

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Perfect for off grid living. Economical running

Excellent cooling. To cold on full. Perfect at about one third.
Very quiet.
Easy to clean and the light inside is a bonus.
Freezer is a very good size and works wonderfully.
These Bushman fridges have no competition in the market. We have a domestic 3 way fridge freezer as well but it does not have half the storage space.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Best Gas Fridge

We live off grid and have had a few gas fridges over the years. The Bushman XCD185-W is quiet, maintains a good temperature in all areas, and is efficient with gas use. It is the right size for us (couple) and fine when we have a number of people staying with us with careful packing. We would definitely recommend it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Very good, seems to run a 9kg bottle for 20 days

Maintains temp , quiet as a mouse, cleans like any fridge. Easy to light. When leaving it , turning it off it is hard to turn the light off. It would be better if it was on the front control panel. I have changed the hinges to the other side, all good.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Can I get an opinion on the black fridge? Is the outside easy to clean?
Totally. Just the same as a normal fridge.

How do you stop the vegetable drawer from sticking?
Sorry can’t help you. Ours sticks a little as well. SteveHi Robert, Look underneath the glass shelf which sits above the crisper, there are two small plastic tab guides in the channel on each side that the crisper slides between. Occasionally they can cause the crisper draw to jam when sliding. If the plastic tabs are not in the channel, they will be on the crisper itself. There is no need for these tabs, so you can just remove them then it should slide more easily.Thank you.

Hi when having the fridge inside did you have to cover the back and put a vent going out the back of wall?
Hi Robin, To answer your question, I did not put a vent in the kitchen. There seems to be very little exhaust emissions from the flu but we do have a very big open kitchen and living area. I do make sure no one puts paper or bills etc on the top of the fridge just in case it went close to the flu exhaust. I definitely did not cover or enclose the back of the fridge so as to give it more ventilation. However on the open side of the kitchen I just put up a vertical board to hide the gap between the fridge and the wall. We only run our fridge on lpg and works great. One 9 kg bottle last a little over 3 weeks. Regards Steveour fridge is in an open shed we don't get any smell from it.

Bushman Fridges XCD100 (100L)Bushman Fridges XCD185-SS (185L, Stainless Steel)Bushman Fridges XCD185-W (185L, White)Bushman Fridges XCD280-SS (280L, Stainless Steel)Bushman Fridges XCD280-W (280L, White)
CategoryAppliances and Bar Fridges / RefrigeratorsAppliances and Top Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsAppliances and Top Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsAppliances and Top Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsAppliances and Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,075$1,995$2,375$2,295
Shelf MaterialMetalGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves33344
Door Hinge Reversible Door HingeReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door HingeReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and Right
Weight34.5 kg72 kg72 kg85 kg85 kg
Colour / Finish WhiteStainless SteelWhiteStainless SteelWhite
Dimensions 785 mm1460 x 600 x 640 mm1460 x 600 x 640 mm1630 x 600 x 730 mm1630 x 600 x 730 mm
Household Size 1-2 people1-2 people1-2 people1-2 people
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 1111
FeaturesAdjustable Shelf
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Capacity