• Internal Layout

Great Fridges!

Great off grid fridge, works well and makes staying on our block possible for extended periods. 45 kg lpg bottle lasts for ages! Great product! I would recommend Bushman fridges to anyone!

Purchased in March 2020.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

Off grid home use

Stylish. Keeps the cold in very well. Crisper drawer bit of an effort to open and close. Freezer space great. Haven’t used long enough to estimate cost of running. Very happy with the product.

Great fridge but

I have used lpg fridges for last forty years. I bought my first Bushman six years ago and it worked wonderfully all the time. Then the thermocouple went which is not unusual but it is difficult to replace. An irksome design fault which meant I just bought another one. Could be a better fridge.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

robyn.marshall.1428

robyn.marshall.1428Queensland, Australia

Off the grid fridge

Temperature holds very well and easy to start, only issue if anything the bottom draw is not easy to slide in and out.Does everything we wanted it to do. Smart looking design.

Gas fridge

I am happy with the performance of this fridge/freezer. It works great on the lowest setting and uses less fuel than I anticipated. Good service - delivered on time complete with hose.

Libbie N.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

It is working very well and we love it

It fills in a spot where we can keep the food cool now that summer is on its way. What more can I say . It is a replacement for a bushman fridge which worked well for years and we are looking forward to this doing so.

Bill Tiganis

Bill TiganisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent XCD 280 frdige freezer!

Great fridge /freezer. One 9kg bottle lasts 17 days... thats $22 on refill (dont go to BP!) Super cold fridge and freezer. No noise at all. Best suited in outdoor undercover area. Excellent appliance and excellent service from Bushman team. Thankyou guys.

Purchased in February 2020 at Research.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Helen

HelenVictoria

Cool and silent

Very pleased with the fridge.
No noise at all.
Much easier to set up than we thought.
Delivery details were followed exactly and fridge arrived when and where expected.
Looks great.
In colder climates/seasons start on warmest setting and adjust as necessary. Our first try we froze some items in the fridge compartment as it cooled so much quicker and better than we expected.
We accidentally snapped off the lugs for the control panel cover at the bottom of the fridge. Bushmans quickly arranged replacements to be sent out to us.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bushman Fridges.

Dave W

Dave WNorth Western Region, NSW

Great fridge

Fridge is turned down to lowest setting and is working perfectly. Had a problem with one of the hinges when swapping the doors over but Bushman had a new part to me in a couple days. Works perfectly, quiet, exactly what we needed.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$2,295.00.

Paul mason

Paul masonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very happy with my choice

I am living off the grid so needed a small fridge for myself. I have used 240v whilst on generator and battery at night. As stated in the documentation it was quite heavy on battery power. Gas is great.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bushman Fridges. for A$1,200.00.

Greg Willcocks

Greg WillcocksMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Works perfect in our off grid house even at 36.c inside on 2/4 setting

Very good operations and design - much better than the 40 year Electrolux model that I am selling off as surplus to our needs. Would recommend bushman fridges to anyone needing an off grid unit.

Purchased in October 2019 at Green Energy Queensland Pty Ltd for A$2,300.00.

Christopher Brown

Christopher BrownMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cold as ice

The best fridge ever. Keeps food cold, even on the most humid days. Very economical on LPG. Great to know we are supporting an Australian business. Would recommend to anyone.

Jonathan Manche

Jonathan MancheSydney, NSW

Great Fridge

Bushman XCD100 gas fridge works great - can get very cold if you want it to. Easy to light. No matches required. Big enough for a small family. No a huge consumer of gas.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bushman Fridges for A$1,295.00.

Keith

KeithHunter Region, NSW

Best thing ever for our bush camp .

Great !!! No more worry with solar and batteries struggling to run a fridge all night. Uses very little gas. Running for 2 weeks on a 9kg bottle an still plenty of gas left. I run the thermostat on 1.5 out of a possible 4 and keeps everything crisp and makes ice easily. Having a light is a bonus but a switch on the front would be better than having to reach around the back to remove batteries,although you still have to do that when leaving the fridge off for an extended time.Overall an excellent fridge and would recommend them very highly. Cheers Keith Redden.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bushman .Research VIC 3095 for A$1,813.00.

Suse

SuseGippsland, VIC

Exactly what I was looking for

Happy all around with this fridge. Only a small niggle is the vegetable tray sticks when sliding in and out.
Great size freezer, really worth getting the bigger size.
What an excellent company to deal with too. Love that they are Australian family business.
Would highly recommend. 5 stars from me!

Purchased in July 2019.

Internal Layout
Household Size 1 person(s)
Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Suse, thanks for the review.
To help with the 'sticking' vegetable crisper, if you pull it completely out you will see two small cream plastic tabs on each side. Remove these and it should fix the problem.

280 XCD

This fridge is beyond my expectations. Client service and backup is excellent.
Gas usage is better than expected.
Overall the fridge is well packaged and very easy to setup and maintain.
The instruction manual is easy to follow and very well written.
Highly recommended

Purchased in July 2019 for A$1,280.00.

Graeme Lamont

Graeme LamontMid North Coast, NSW

Very Happy

I am very happy with my new Bushman's fridge. It is very quick to cool down and works well throughout. Nicely finished and having a light is an added feature you would not know it is a gas fridge.

Purchased in May 2019.

Peter K

Peter KSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

A giant leap from our previous fridges.

We live in the bush and have been off-grid since 1981. In this time we have had two previous gas fridges , both of a well known international brand. I must say they served us well for a very long time but this new Bushman is in another league. It is super efficient on gas usage , very quiet , so much so I keep putting my hand on the back to make sure I can feel heat to make sure it's working.
We also were very happy with the speed of delivery from time of order as it was transported interstate from Victoria to NSW. The communications between myself and the Bushman staff was prompt and helpful.
I really cant endorse this particular product highly enough.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$1,995.00.

Cliff watson

Cliff watsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

A huge improvement on the Old Consul (about 30 years old) and works excellently!

Cold? Will freeze in the food compartment, works so well! Once you adjust it right, Perfect! The S/Steel surface needs to be cleaned regularly, doors fine, we haven't had any problems other than finding a fitting for the gas inlet when we first got it.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bushman Fridges for A$2,500.00.

Review collected in partnership with Bushman Fridges

we couldnt live without it

easy to operate we go from electric to gas daily and have no problems .We have two one for food and one for beer and I better have a beer now .We enjoy an ice cold beer straight out of the fridge winter or summer ,Up here in the NQ,

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Margaret M.

Margaret M.asked

Bushman XCD Series

Hi, we are thinking of buying 100l gas frig, but as we are off grid in a small cabin, do you need to put cement sheet on the wall behind the frig.... also can the gas cylinder be placed outside... M

I think this is a question for the manufacturer. They should be able to give you the right advice.

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Margaret, you can download the owners manual from our website product page under Downloads. The manual is quite lengthy as the Australian gas standards stipulate what it includes. There is a diagram in there for you too. And yes almost all of our customers keep their gas bottles outside.

Libbie N.

We are off the grid. We have had one for the last 6 years and are very happy with it, We only have the small size - bar fridge size and it does us well as we are not here all the time and have at time used the cord to plug into the electricity with no problems.

Andrew M.

Andrew M.asked

Bushman XCD Series

Can I get an opinion on the black fridge? Is the outside easy to clean?

Steve

Totally. Just the same as a normal fridge.

Robert C.asked

XCD185-W (185L, White)

How do you stop the vegetable drawer from sticking?

Steve

Sorry can’t help you. Ours sticks a little as well.

Hi Robert,
Look underneath the glass shelf which sits above the crisper, there are two small plastic tab guides in the channel on each side that the crisper slides between. Occasionally they can cause the crisper draw to jam when sliding. If the plastic tabs are not in the channel, they will be on the crisper itself. There is no need for these tabs, so you can just remove them then it should slide more easily.

Thank you.