Prashant

PrashantSydney, NSW

Biggest fraud

Carhood still owes me my earnings and no reply from emails, chat and even customer care. I think this is the fraud company, do not even rent or share a car with them.

MMB

MMBSydney, NSW

Good value service

Arrived at Melbourne and called for the bus. The car was fine - only didn't have some wiper fluid in it - but drove fine with no issues. Had a nice trip and had no concerns - really a great concept and great value for the renter.

The return was painless.

Kathy

KathyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely disgusting

Car hood swiftly took 4K out of my bank for scratches on rim and tyre of one wheel and returned nothing. No reply to emails or calls since and this was over a year ago. 1300 number is disconnected. I want my money back

Mudassar R.

Mudassar R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its a Scam and defaulter company

Its a big scam and they use your car to earn money and will not give you any promised money. They owe me 250$ as they rented out my car for 11 days. But when it comes to pay out my money they stated that they are not in position to pay any money to any of its client. So don't give them your car at all.

No payment for over 1 year

No payment for over 1 year, if i can give 0 star i will do it, i have been call 10+ and email 10+ no one care,
can someone advice me what can i do?

Cheap and easy

Everything went well with our rental. The car was exactly what we needed and we had no problems with it. Carhood we’re great with confirming the drop off and making sure we knew how to carry out a late drop off.

Budget car rental

The staff are very friendly and accommodating and easy to deal with. The car was ok however needed a good detail internally. the business is quite a distance from the airport and the opening times a free return to the airport are different so this is misleading. the return to the airport of 4pm for the last shuttle bus is too early.

Cori

CoriSydney, NSW

Hidden Costs and Slow Service

I rented a car and had an accident which wasn't my fault (was hit in the rear by another car). They took a year to resolve the issue and then hit me with hidden costs! Not only did I have to follow them up several times but then they tell me about a fee hidden in the fine print that they didn't tell me about until the last second and I had to chase them up about it!

Do not rent from these people

Find out how Carhood compares to other Car Rental Services

Would come straight to you should we have known.

Not a big name but simple, hassle-free, user-friendly, and straightforward service. Car in a reasonably good condition. We went as far as the 12 Apostles on the Great Ocean Road. A refund wa made immediately to the credit card once we returned the car.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for that kind feedback! We do aim to give the best service possible. Looking forward to your next visit in Melbourne!

Doda

DodaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No payment for over 6 months

David A.

David A.South East Queensland, QLD

ok experience

Customer service was good.
Pickup at the airport was way too long because the garage you go to is MILES away from the MLB airport.
I ordered the car thinking it was a standard rental car, not someones personal car a-la AirBnB style. The car was fine, though. I also received an email alert a few days out that I may not be able to get a car, then I got a confirmation not long after, thankfully. It doesn't really instill me with much confidence. I'll probably avoid next time as pricing is comparable to standard rentals.

Crazy

CrazySouth East Queensland, QLD

Rental experience

Customer service was prompt and friendly
The bond was dealt with professionally
the vehicle was exactly as ordered which was clean, tidy and mechanically sound
We did about 450k for business without and problems

Dear Ma'am/Sir,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We do aim to give the best service possible. Hope to see you again!

Beware its a scam now

Hi Steven

Till date, I haven't received my payout or the reimbursement of the tolls used by other drivers.
Can you please look into it on urgent basis.

The worst car that gime me in a Rent a Car

They gave me the hired brand and model, Mazda 3 but it has been the worst car that I have been given in all my experience in Rent a Cars, very old, with 160,000km, full of scratches. The employees were very friendly, the service was fast and easy but the car was a shame.

Erin B

Erin BSydney, NSW

THEIVES WHO DAMAGE PROPERTY

- Owe me thousands of dollars and I'm yet to see any of the money legally owed to me
- Damaged my car and failed to repair it properly
- Returned my car in horrible condition and unsafe to drive
- Staff DO NOT CARE about you or your car
- CARHOOD are professional thieves, liars and scammers!

Davide

DavideSydney, NSW

money owing

Hi Carhood,

We still waiting to get paid for our 2 listing from last year. How do I get those money?

We been waiting enough i think. How can i find someone to speak to?

Never again

Never again, old car, hidden charges, unclear business model (presented as traditional car rental agency on a car rental aggregator website), and now they hold AUD4,000 charge on my credit card without doing a joint inspection of the vehicle when I returned it. Horrendous.

Vicki C.

Vicki C.Perth, WA

Easy pick up and return, cheap, clean easy to drive car

Quick trip, perfect and reasonably priced. Professional staff, clean car, simple paperwork. Deposit refunded immediately. Staff advise on refuelling and location of servo much appreciated.Help with luggage and advise on best route was great

Dear Vicki,

Thank you for that wonderful feedback! We do aim to please :) Hoping to see you again on your next trip!

Best option on a budget

I was not sure about using this service as it was unknown to me but will definitely use again due to there great service and rates. The car was what I ordered and the bond was returned within a couple of days.

Hi Mate,

Thank you for your feedback! We definitely aim to give the best service. Looking forward to your next trip with us!

yawang m.asked

Carhood

Why this Carhood.com.au can not be log in, its this company broken?

Dear Yawang,

We had some technical difficulties the past days which is why our site was down. It is already available now.

Herbie
Herbie

i notice you can answer questions ... answer positive feedback but when people ask about where our money is there are no longer answers ... yet you continue to takepeoples cars rent them out and receivfe money for them. WHERE ARE OUR PAYMENTS

yawang m.

how Long dose those carhood people own u peyment.

Tim

Timasked

Carhood

How can I access the so called "web chat" which doesn't seem to be on the home page? (whether i am logged in or not - tried IE/FF/Chrome during 9-5) I have issues with the payments, fees and damage claim...
Emails are not getting answered, and calling them just get hung up and pointed to a "web chat" which i can't find.

John
John

you have to fill in your details when you see like a message box appear in tge bottom right of the screen . Good luck

Leone E.

Leone E.asked

Carhood

Just wondering has anyone who rented their car to Carhood being paid?

Nalvith
Nalvith

I doubt any one got paid from carhood. Do not leave your car there at all. They just make money out of the car. Never pay you.

Russell
Russell

I have left my car there 3 times now and it hasn't been rented out so i cannot speak personally about not getting paid for rent however I have read a number of other reviews that claim they haven't been paid or had to wait a long time.

Vikki
Vikki

My car was rented out for 3 weeks in August 2018, so 1 year ago and still no payment! I would strongly discourage anyone from using this service to rent their car out.

Get an answer from our members and Carhood representatives

Other Car Rental Services