CGU Landlord Insurance

CGU Landlord Insurance

See the Best Landlord Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by CGU

1.3
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (3)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (9)

It is the worst experience I could imagine, it is horrible service or actually no service at all.

I lodged a claim for almost 3 months and have sent tens of emails and tens telephone calls with out any luck. They will not respond to emails and when I phone them I always assured that they will review and often nothing happens.
I provided all what they requested to process my claim, but still not finalised even though two weeks ago they asked me to provide with my bank details which I did but I still waiting for my claim to be finalised.
Two days ago I called and I lodged a formal complaint but still no response.
I tried to phone call and after so long waiting on the phone it drops the call.

Teja
Teja

Rubbish, not worth the paper they send

They failed to follow up properly as they say they will. Terrible communication. Interprocess are broken.
Lodged a clim and took them over a few weeks to resolve after many follow ups.

Mary Ann C.
Mary Ann C.Sydney, NSW

Very unsatisfied client - wouldn't recommend CGU and will change my landlord insurance provider next year

My real estate agent & I got frustrated with the processing of my landlord insurance claim for 'loss of rent' as they take the term 'uninhabitable' to the extreme. Claim processing is taking so long and frustrating to have to talk to different claims officers in CGU, like you're in an unending loop. I wouldn't recommend CGU and will consider changing my landlord insurance provider next year.

• Claim Made Yes
Tan
Tan

Why bother with insurance

RachPerth, WA

Do not use this company for landlords insurance

Disgraceful that I have been paying landlords insurance premiums since 2008 make a claim and told its wear and tear what a joke! Is my property manager to inspect the shower grout at every inspection told that the cleaning product must have worn away the grout and they don't cover the resealing and re-grouting of the shower only the damaged caused by the leaking water. This is not stated anywhere in my policy and told that its a general exclusion applied to all CGU policies. I will be lodging a formal complaint and going elsewhere once I get my money back!!

Rach

I have sent a PM I will not provide personal information via Facebook messenger. I also want to know why my excess is $600

Hi Rachel, your PM via Facebook messenger has been received, thank you ~ Bob

Robin J.
Robin J.Woden 2606, ACT

Landlords beware. Do not insure with CGU!

David W.South Australia

Corrupt Guilty Underhanded

• Claim Made Yes

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

CGU's "Landlord Insurance" with Accidental Damage Cover doesn't cover accidental damage...

"Landlord Insurance" with Accidental Damage Cover (sold by the Bendigo Bank) is provided/underwritten by CGU, and doesn't cover accidental damage made by the Tenant or their guests, only malicious damage - and good luck proving intent.
P.S. The only accidental damage covered is by yourself as the landlord doing work on-site.

Care TeamCGUSend a private message

Hi Ty, thanks for providing your review. If you would like us to arrange someone to contact you and discuss your cover further please use this link http://bit.ly/2pbDydv to message us and let us know you are have come from Product Review. ~ Jono

JamesJoyce263South East Queensland, QLD

Poor coverage

Rang to make a claim. "Your policy does not cover loss of rent." ???! Ok, add that option. Fast forward two years later "does not cover that type of lost rent.

Sara

I still cannot believe it!!

Care TeamCGUSend a private message

Hi Sara, I am glad to hear you have been happy with the two claims experience. It can be very stressful at the best of time when tenants damage your property. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need further help. ~ Jono

Haz H.Perth, WA

Poor Customer Service and Scam of an insurance

Please do not use their Landlord insurance this is an absolute scam of insurance. I will be in contact with AFCA very soon. I couldnt believe i procure this from AON and i got advised i have a premium cover and when i claim for that insurance i have got 100s of loopholes showing up so they dont have to pay a cent of anything. I request you to stay away from their landlond insurance and its a scam and i didnt use any other services from this particular insurer and i will not touch any of their product in future.

Haz H.

I have sent the details in facebook.. I am really disappointed what sort of business practice you have. I was advised i have a Premium cover for landlond insurance. and here all when you are in trouble thats the time when we need help

Nikki
NikkiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

WORST LANDLORD INSURER

Worst landlord insurance! There answer for every intentional and obvious damage was TENANT NEGLECT AND CARELESSNESS- claim denied. Pay extra and go else where. Have moved all my rental properties over to another insurer.

Rejected landlord claim - stressful

Despite 52 photos showing every single room full of rubbish following an eviction - my claim has been rejected because it is an unmaintained property.

An unbelievable amount of stress at an already stressful time.

I have no choice but to pursue through to FOS.

• Insurance claim madeYes

Poor customer service and assistance

Significant damage to rental property on flooring and bathroom plus water damage. Did not cover any loss and were really difficult to deal with. Road block everywhere. Paid insurance for years and 1st claim made. Thousands of dollars out of pocket with no assistance plus additional stress. Will never go with CGU again

Landlords insurance

Carpet cigarette burns classed as carelessness, no leaking pipes but water damage again carelessness. That kind of damage is deliberate. So much not covered, not worth their insurance. Ombudsmen next.

Adam
Adamasked

I would like to go ahead with Landlord insuranc.

I have read the CGU product disclosure statement and would like to clarify the following:

1. I have an large room under the rented house which will be Locked with a secure padlock. The tenants will not have access to this room. The room contains two small leather couches, several pieces of furniture, corded and battery operated power tools (domestic use only), assorted lamp shades, pictures and wall hangings ect.
Will these things be covered for damage by fire, theft, damage by tenants or other any unknown people?

2. The rest of the house is rented as fully furnished.
Does Accidental Damage Cover accidental damage to furniture by the tenant?
We have a dining table that converts to a pool table. If the tenant damages this as a result of an accident and it is not deliberate or malicious will it be coved under this policy.

3. If a tenant accidentally puts a large hole in a plaster wall will the repair be covered under the policy?

4. If several things are damaged accidentally by the tenant, is a seperate excess payable for each claim or would only one excess be payable for multiple claims made at the same time.

I appreciate you help in this regard to these questions and am hoping to insure my assets with CGU
Regards
Ad

David W.

Don't consider CGU, or any broker that would willingly set you up for a fall with CGU or IAG they will find an excuse to deny your claim & you will find your not covered for anything!

Ms Anonymous
Ms Anonymousasked

Why does this site request your policy number when you make a review. Will that be revealed to the company. Where is the respect for peoples privacy!!

Georgia McCarthy
Georgia McCarthy
Velvet Glove
Velvet Glove

I no longer have insurance with CGU because of their deception. I'll have to search through archived documentation to get the policy number. Send me another email in about a week to give me time to find the policy document. Regards,

Get an answer from our members and CGU representatives