Chasseur Domus

Chasseur Domus

2.5

Hendo

HendoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not as good as it looks.

This kettle has French inspired looks but that's where the quality stops. It's made in China and it shows. The lid is really hard to get on properly being a very tight fit.
    It takes a long time for the water to boil water and it does not pour well out if the short stubby spout into your cup often leaving hot water on the bench after pouring.
    Also after two months the opening mechanism on the handle started to play up not always opening as it should. It has now become awkward to use and we will probably go back to using our old kettle which works so much better, but doesn't have the look we wanted.
    A waste of hard earned money!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
    Jude

JudeMelbourne

Found a replacement at last

I love the look of this kettle. Couldn't find it again in the shopping centre I bought the first one. Kitchenware super store on line..excellent! They didn't have it in stock, but emailed me when they had one. Bought online. They tracked the delivery for me daily. Arrived today at my door. Very happy thanks.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
    davidbishop

davidbishopdaveb104@gmail.com

A lot of Chasseur products appear to be made in China and not in France

You may be interested to know that not all Chasseur products are made in France, despite their website displaying very large "Made in France" and "from France with Love" statements. I recently bought a Chasseur Domus enamelled whistling kettle 2'5L on ebay after seeing it and all their other products listed on their website under the heading "Made in France". To my horror, when I received the kettle, the box stated "Inspired in France" and the kettle was made in China. And to top it off, the kettle was broken on arrival- a large chunk of the plastic handle had chipped off.
    So if you're thinking you're buying quality French made products, you may be sadly mistaken- it may only be Chinese rubbish!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
    Electric Kettles

Find out how Chasseur Domus compares to other Electric Kettles

davidbishop

davidbishopdaveb104@gmail.com

A lot of Chasseur products appear to be made in China and not in France

You may be interested to know that not all Chasseur products are made in France, despite their website displaying very large "Made in France" and "from France with Love" statements. I recently bought a Chasseur Domus enamelled whistling kettle 2.5L on ebay after seeing it and all their other products listed on their website under the heading "Made in France". To my horror, when I received the kettle, the box stated "Inspired in France" and the kettle was made in China. And to top it off, the kettle was broken on arrival- a large chunk of the plastic handle had chipped off.