VerifiedMPNs:420327 and BKE395

3.4
3.2
Ideal kettle size for 1-2 people
BPA-free
Easy to see the water level
Heats water very quickly
Requires maintenance to keep clean

Alex T.
Alex T.
  Top Review

Leaks

Got this as a wedding present a couple of years ago. We were happy with it, but condensation builds up around lid which leaks down the outside when your pour it, making a mess. This was ok when it was my wife and I, but now we have a small child and can’t risk hot water falling on her when she is around.
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
ram
ramSydney9 posts
  Top Review

A good kettle, but

Was looking for a good quality small (not > 1 litre) stainless kettle and there weren't too many in the market. Bought the BKLE395CLR in June 2018 based on feedback here as well as the consumer magazine Choice's review. The BKLE395CLR had figured in their recommended list (low down the order)

Have been using it to boil about two or three cups (max), twice or thrice in the last three weeks. While, I am happy with the kettle's compactness, overall performance and practical features (slow opening lid, transparent glass jar), the auto shut off after boiling takes an annoying ten odd seconds.

A small negative thing about the kettle is that the bottom (inside) has already developed light brown patches within just a few weeks and is visible through the glass. Initially, I was of the view that it was not due to limescale residue from the water but due to the quality (poor) metal used in the construction of the jar.

I was expecting a Breville customer representative to clarify the above problem. Since no one responded from Breville, I raised a separate support case on their website and got a prompt response. The customer representative provided the cleaning instructions (also available in the user instructions booklet which comes with the product) using white vinegar. Breville was right on the money. The cleaning has helped clear the brown batch.

Thanks, Breville. I certainly recommend this kettle for anyone looking for a good quality moderate volume kettle.

• Date Purchased:
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Jane
Jane

Pretty & quiet but a bit uncomfortable

I’ve had my Breville Compact kettle for a couple of weeks.

Positives are that it looks nice, & isn’t loud. Furthermore, the noise it makes is a lower pitch than a lot of kettles, so it’s easier to have a conversation while boiling compared to a lot of high pitched kettles.

On the down side, I find it he handle uncomfortable & too large. This is made worse by how heavy the kettle is, due to the glass I suppose.

I also find the short & wide shape makes it feel heavier somehow. I find taller slimmer shape easier to carry.

So, I forked out $100 for this, but I’m already missing my old $20 metal kettle from Kmart. Show details

Clementsons
ClementsonsPerth WA19 posts

Great kettle

Great small size which is easy to lift and fill. Love that it is glass with little contact of water to plastic. Highly recommend Show details
Melissa
MelissaCentral West, NSW325 posts

Used to be good years ago

Only bought this online about a week ago and I’m already disappointed in it. After water has boiled the lids start to lift and water gathers at the top under the lid so when you pour water out of the spout it also dribbles down from underneath the lid, not impressed as this was more than I would normally pay for a kettle at $99 my $15 Kmart kettle does a better job. Show details
jonathan e
jonathan eSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

It is genuinely a joy(well... a subtle joy) to use

It has simply been the best consistently performing constant in my world. Everything about it is just ... right!
I use it everyday, only needing to boil just one cup... it is happy to comply, lickety-split and shuts off pronto.
I have used this daily for over 5 years with absolutely NO problems... well... it would be good if it came with a magic little cleaning fairy, to clean it every time I fry a a steak or two. I have a small kitchen.

I actually bought another one this morning for my daughter. Show details

jmbau
jmbauMelbourne68 posts

Didn’t last

I loved it when I first bought it, but it hasn’t worn well. yes, it’s light and boils fast…but it simply hasn’t worn well. It got nasty brown yucky stuff on the inside quite quickly, which is ugly. (Apparently you are supposed to clean it with vinegar which I don’t recall in the instructions). But now it is slow leaking fron the bottom, and I’ve only had it about 2 years. I will have to replace it.
Will not buy same brand again.
Ms. Jones
Ms. JonesSydney, NSW2 posts

Simple yet effective kettle

I use it every morning for my coffee. Water boils very fast and could serve 2-3 servings which is a good amount for the number of people in the house. It's not lightweight but is overall effective. Show details
Zysygy
ZysygyDowner 2602, ACT

Probably the best kettle we've had

Boils very fast and it looks good. The clear design makes it easy to see the water level. 4 cups capacity is enough for our 4-person family (it boils so fast, we can fill a succession of hot-water bottles pretty quick) After a year the bottom has a little tarnishing along the inside edge, but it still works very well.  Show details
printgirl47South East Queensland, QLD14 posts

Stylish, but heavy

Perfect size for us two oldies. I wanted to get a smaller kettle to "save power" by continually boiling water we don't need. Very stylish appliance. Love the glass. I now understand the fascination with fish tanks, as I watch the water boil. Boiling up with vinegar once per month to keep it sparkly. But, heavier than I thought even at 2 cups full (I bought mine online so no road-test). My old 1.7L kettle is much lighter. So somewhat tough on arthritic joints. But I've achieved my environmental objective. Show details
Anna Laird
Anna LairdIllawarra, NSW2 posts

It does not last

All my jugs last for at least over five years.
The Breville lid broke off within three.
Bought it from David Jones very disappointed.
Phoned Breville they didn't want to know about it. Show details
Andy O.
Andy O.3 posts

Full of plastic elements

I bought this kettle because of its claim to be plastic free - which is a lie! The lid is full with plastic (boiling water will condense there). Glass Jug feels-and-sounds-plastic-too Show details
John S.
John S.30 posts

real buyer
real buyerSpencer Gulf30 posts

Ideal kettle for 1-2 people

I'm very satisfied with the taste of the water.
It's very easy to determine the kettle's water level because the kettle is clear (note, it's made of hard plastic not glass.)
The kettle heats water extremely fast. I timed it with a stop watch and it was 49 seconds for 1 cup!
The outside of the kettle does get dangerously hot during use. (The handle stays cool.)

There were a few reasons why I paid a premium for this kettle:
1. Made of Stainless Steel (the best material imo.)
2. Clear, so you can see the water level and to see the purity of the kettle water.
3. It was small, I only require a small kettle because I am one person. Show details

WING
WINGSydney38 posts

Best for small family

I used to have big hot water container to keep the water hot and now we don't need that anymore. Looking for the downsize kettle and this is perfect for us. Easy to see the water level, and quick heating.
However, the glass heat up after boiling, it may get burnt especially for the spout part. Show details

Brett
Brett

Has anyone else had problem with the spout leaking?

Nope. Sorry

Mel T

My Breville kettle is a few years old and I’ve always loved it but recently it’s leaking water at the base. Pooling on the element plate & overflowing to my bench top. Has this happened to others? Why? Is it dangerous and can it be fixed? I don’t want to buy another as it’s otherwise fine but getting very frustrated at the continual mess. Thanks

printgirl47

And yes it’s dangerous. Stop using it,

Mel T

At least 4 years but I’ll find my receipt. Thank you!!

Tomcat99
Tomcat99

I purchased this kettle a few months ago and have enjoyed using it, however the base plate has discoloured in a light brown horse-shoe shaped mark where the element is below the base plate.
I've tried boiling white vinegar 1:2 with water (and have also suffered a boil-over) and left it to stand over night before boiling it again with clean filtered water - unfortunately the stain mark is still there and makes the water appear murky at certain angles.
Is there anything else I can do to remove the mark in a safe and effective manner?

printgirl47

Can't help you there. Sorry. Maybe Breville has a solution.

Mel T

I put a cut lemon in pre boiled water and sit overnight and it’s clean in the morning. Give it a good rinse out

Features:

This glass Breville Compact Kettle can hold up to 1 litre of water, is BPA-free and is quick to heat. In addition, it has:

• Slow release lid which prevents splashing of boiling water and gently releases steam
  • Illuminated power button for visibility
  • Auto switch off which turns off the kettle once the water has boiled
  • Thermal resistant Schott glass for durability and sleek style
  • Easy to clean
  • Durable, stain-resistant glass & stainless steel
  • Cordless convenience

Reviewers thought:

People felt that this was a convenient size for 1-2 people and had a very stylish appearance. The water is interesting to watch boil and it is clear how much water is in the kettle. It heats quickly, is lightweight and perfect for a small kitchen or family.

It contains some plastic in the lid but this is also BPA-free.

CategoryElectric Kettles