Clairol Nice 'n Easy
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Clairol? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Tam
TamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not sure if product had gone off!!

Brought no 8 from a well known Australian wide chemist, but has not coloured very well can hardly notice and the conditioner in blue bottle had turned black- not going to buy the brand again

Purchased in April 2022 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $6.99.

Very disappointed

Have been using this regularly for years dyed my hair today and I looks as if has taken all the colour out my hair is now silver grey. Checked the box as I thought I had bought the wrong colour but no it is the same as I used previously. Won't be using it again will have to by another make to get back to my blonde colour

Purchased in April 2022 for $5.

Ease of Application

Does not cover grey hair.

Absolute waste of money does not even cover the Greys like it says it would and now my hair looks uneven in colour not happy with this product at all.

Purchased at Coles.

Excellent!

I have been using this product for many years on my regrowth & it is fantastic. I like the way it is not a "block" colour & your hair still has different shades which makes it look natural. I use the medium to light Ash Blonde & sometimes I mix the two in a jug & pour back into the containers (not the developer container with the nozzle). It covers grey permanently & I would suggest people using it for the first time not to go with too dark a colour.

Purchased at Various.

Emma
Emma

Leave for longer and it's amazing

I've been using this for a few years now. I have perfectly blonde hair and often get asked where I get it done. My hair is healthy and the colour is always on point. I leave it on for 50mins

Purchased in March 2022 at Priceline for $16.

starkitty99
starkitty99

If only I could buy some...

I've used it for years.
I did get a weird batch when they changed. But since then it's been OK.
It lasts well .. doesn't leave my scalp red and looks pretty natural.
But I always buy it from Woolworths and have not been able to get any for months from them.
Started to worry so searched online and found a couple.
I still can't order from Woolworths. Even though Clairol tell me I can. My local Woolworths stopped stocking the colour. I'm worried it will be discontinued. Can't get the one that's advertised on tv by Stacey Dooley either.

Purchased in December 2021 at Priceline for $11.99.

gypsey
gypsey

Doesn’t cover greys

I tried this brand and disappointed to say did not cover my greys at all. I am quite proficient at doing my own hair so know what I’m doing and the only thing good I can say about it is the conditioner was good, however I purchased it for the colour,

Purchased in February 2022 for $9.

Ease of Application

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

Clara V.
Clara V.13 Dec 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
L.T.C
L.T.CSydney

Loved the old formula hate this new one

I have used Nice n Easy med ash blond on roots for 15 years and loved it. Faded to a lovely natural looking blonde with no yellow tinge. But this new formula 8a is awful. Hair feels dry and throws brassy yellow lights within one week of application. I’m so disappointed, why did Clairol mess with a popular formula ?

Purchased in December 2021.

Worst Hair Color

Worst color since changed from liquid to cream in a tube and my hair is thinning or falling out. I hope it will grow back. I have been using this product for year, I will never use it again, Also itching after use.

Gaby
GabyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I’m furious!

I have always used this product and the same colour for years. It always worked perfectly. This time it came out dark brown not blonde. I will never buy this product ever again! I can’t stand it and will have to redo it tomorrow. Buyer beware.

Purchased in June 2021 at Coles Supermarkets for $12.

Prior Hair Colour Grey
Dyed Hair Colour Completely different colour
Carol
CarolGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hair falling out and burnt scalp

Since they changed the formula, it burns my scalp and leaves it itchy and the skin around my gaur line red. My hair has started falling out and breaking. Pls try another brand as this one is terrible and no good for your hair.

Julie Hendra
Julie HendraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Clairol nice n easy 9.5A

For 15 + years Ive used 98 or 100.
The new equivalents do not produce the same beautiful natural colours.
They are shocking. Eg 9.5A Turns the hair a green greyish colour. Rang Clairol and took their advice. Their newly labelled colours and numbers have no bearing on what the result is. Shame on you Clairol. Very disappointing.

Purchased in January 2021.

I got burnt!

Really disappointed with product. Have used before and therefore did not feel need for allergy test. Used to enjoy product but this time left scalp burnt and extremely itchy. Nape also burnt and behind my ears and on ears badly burnt and still weeping. I actually got sick and am healing now. NOT IMPRESSED CLAIROL! Apparently though black hair dye has ingredients in it that lean towards this type of reaction. Perhaps a review of your ingredients is needed.

Purchased in July 2021 for $17.99.

Vivianne
VivianneSydney, NSW

Not good as it used to be

Used to be my go-to colour, but since the formula changed it dyes unevenly.On previously treated hair-same colour.On roots-just auburn shine.It does leave hair healthy and undamaged. Residue is easy to wipe off.

Purchased in June 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $15.

Ease of Application

Absolutely love this colour!

Through Covid 19 this was a lifesaver. No longer need to go to a hairdresser for great results. My hair tends to go brassy in the summer sunshine so this cool blonde really tones it down. Perfect colour for me. My concern is I can't seem to find this colour in my local Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart or Pharmasave. I might have to go online and order a couple of backup boxes.

Purchased in June 2021 at PharmaSave for $9.