Cole and Bright Maxima Wall Security Light

• Motion Detection
  • Ease of Installation
  • Connectivity / Reliability

Lost_PeteSydney Surrounds, NSW

Too many false triggering leading to flat batteries.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

RuslanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cole and Bright 2000 Lumen Security Light bought from Bunnings

This is a great light super bright 2000 Lumens except for one fatal flaw in the design of the sensor. It cant handle the rain even the slightest bit sets the sensor off which causes the light to cycle on and off continuously until the light gets dim and the battery looses charge. This will eventually kill the battery cant beleive the manufacturer forgot to test it out in the rain. If its used under cover it will be fine the rain is what sets it off otherwise an excellent light. Im a Electronics technician so I had to modify it to suit my purpose.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Keysborough for $49.99.

Bandit

BanditWheatbelt, WA

Hard to decide on a rate to review

10/10 for brightness for a solar the best I’ve had. Sensor on the other hand is crap & length of time it stays on is the worst I’ve had fix those issues & it would probably be the best value solar bright light on the market. Can’t comment on how it preforms in bad weather as we are in need of rain conditions to see & something we are desperately needing to fill dams & tanks.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Home Security Products

Find out how Cole and Bright Maxima Wall Security Light compares to other Home Security Products

Snowman

SnowmanMid North Coast, NSW

The light is great, the sensor is crap !!

I purchased this light at Bunnings & after I installed it I was very satisfied, until I found the batteries were flat every morning for the first couple of days ! I couldn't work out why until my neighbour complained about the light cycling on & off every 10 minutes.... EVERY NIGHT !! Obviously a sensor fault. I will return the light to Bunnings tomorrow for a refund ! P.S. This is the second time I've had problems with solar powered security lights (different brand though) from Bunnings !!

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $40.00.

Cycling off and on

I should have read the reviews before purchasing - as others have noted, I bought two lights and they both cycle on and off indefinitely. Obviously Bunning's are aware of the issue so I'm annoyed they are still selling them. I will be returning them tomorrow for a refund.

Toni

ToniSouth East Queensland, QLD

good light but poor sensor

Ive had the same trouble with these otherwise great lights,cycling on/off till they go flat and useless,i took them back a few times till I got a good one,now one wont charge.

Disappointed at Faulty Operation and Lack of Adjustments

Waste of money.

Set this up today on my carport, once night fell it kept turning on and off every minute, very disappointed with this product.
I will be returning it for a refund.

graham.jackson.509

graham.jackson.509South East Queensland, QLD

The best solar light i"ve seen.

for 50 bucks i thought i would give it a go. Well I'ts the best and brightest solar light I've seen, and has a great range. I mean it's as bright as a 240 volt light after a few monts it's still going stron and as bright as (even on low setting) Still amazed at the quality for 50 bucks.

Home Security Products

Dave G

Dave GMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Sensor issues

Replaced it 3 times with same issue again. Light goes on and off without any movement. Returned and got refund. bunnings telling, im only 1 having issues. Bunch of liars

Fuddy

Fuddy

Faulty sensor

Like the other reviews here I consider this product has a faulty sensor and should be recalled by Bunnings. After charging, this light continually turns off and on despite there being no movement anywhere near it. Completely unfit for purpose and will be returned for refund.

Marco

MarcoTweed Heads

Sensors seem to be defective

Having read the other views I was relieved that others had the same problem,after two attempts with the seemingly brilliant solar run security 360 radar sensor light, both have a problem at dusk the light cycles through on and off every ten seconds, it's very annoying tonite it took 20 minutes to settle and everything in site is still nothing could possibly be setting it off. I can stand still and watch it cycle on and off, will give it another couple of nights to see, but I suspect there trying to dump faulty sensor lights that they know are defective, as I cannot find this light on any of there web pages, I probly will take it back for a refund.

Ben

BenMackay

Awesome lighting but poor sensor

The lighting output and price is awesome- 2000 lumens and only $50. Thought this would be the best solar light out there, although the sensor seems no good. Although it throws a great light, the sensor is no good. It supposedly has this you beaut sensor that picks up on electro magnetic frequencies or something and supposedly works 360 degrees? It has 2 settings- low/high & high. We mucked around with the light and the position of the light for 2 nights and it does not stop cycling on and off.... every 20 seconds or so... it drives you up the wall.... and the frustrating thing is you can’t set it to just stay on but you can turn it off.... we will be taking it back to Bunnings in the morning for a refund.

Dean64

Dean64Perth, WA

Cole and not-so-bright !!

Rachel D.asked

Purchased a security sensor light. Followed all instructions. Now in position as soon as we put lead into light & turned it won't work. As soon as lead is removed it works fine????

Lost_Pete

If the solar panel is in the sunlight it automatically turns the the light off. It was designed to only turn the light on after dark.

Rachel D.

Unfortunately it's crap & being returned. We tried it in the dark ect but as soon as you plug it in it turns off.

Bob B.asked

Is there a reason the light does not work during the day? I have it set up in a small dark shed and the solar panel is mounted on the roof outside.

Ruslan

The light may not have enough charge in the batteries is the solar panel connected properly? but I think that it may have a photo light sensor inside to stop it triggering in the day.

Bob B.

I only put it in today so it maybe the battery. It is working right now whilst it is dark outside when I open the door so I will see what happens in the daylight tomorrow.

Lost_Pete

The unit monitors the solar cell voltage and will disable the light if the solar cell is in sunlight. You can remove a resistor to disable this but it may not be able to fully charge the battery.

Ross B

Ross Basked

Why does my security light keep coming on when it rains 2000 lumen

Ruslan

It's the type of sensor they use on it mine does the same thing they should not use this type of sensor on any security light. It's just a waste of time n money as it runs down the battery fast. If only they bothered to test it in the rain it would be scraped for sure.

See all Cole and Bright Maxima Wall Security Light questions