Coles Landlord Insurance

Claim ApprovedYes

jez_32

jez_32Sydney, NSW

Worthless Insurance

Seriously disappointed with Coles. Their landlord product is worthless. I have a landlord policy with additional rent default. Tenant left property with damage and no payment for a month. I couldn't claim accidental damage by tenant because I hadn't added it onto policy however I assumed I could claim rent default which I did. Only to be told they would deduct bond which had already been consumed for fixes to damage made by the tenant. They told me the payout was nothing. Not sure what I was paying for but I will never deal with them again nor will I ever shop with Coles again because of this.

Claim ApprovedYes
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear this. To discuss this further, we'd recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they're best suited to assist.

DespinaSydney, NSW

Landlord insurance

One word to describe Coles insurance (unsatisfied) the truth anyone who has a home insurance beware what you are covered for. We took out building and contents insurance giving us a piece of mind knowing if there is a problem on our property we will be covered, was i wrong, tried twice to put a claim in and twice it got rejected because they said this insurance doesn’t cover you for this damage, what a load of rubbish, looking for a new insurer and making sure i will be covered for all.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Despina, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear this! To discuss this further, we'd recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they're best suited to assist.

Despina

And what outcome is going to come through calling your customer care team since my claims got rejected there’s no point

Great value Insurer

Coles Insurance offered me a really competitive premium rate that was better than the competitors. I received quotes both online and through the call centre and the quality of the call centre team was excellent. The digital portal was also very easy to use, and there are currently %off discounts running exclusivley to online quotes.

Claim MadeNo
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Timur, thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us. We're glad to hear of your positive experience with our service.

Review collected in partnership with Coles Insurance

Claye P

Claye PPerth, WA

Needs a ZERO star rating !!

They quoted me half of the other insurers, and now I see why.
They took forever to deal with a claim just to tell me it was declined (I don't have an issue with the decline as it wasn't covered by the policy, but to take 5 weeks to tell me is ridiculous)
I have since tried to cancel my policy and, despite escalating my complaints, have not received a reply and they continue to charge my card. I have had to refer to ACFA just to have my policy cancelled, and disputed the transactions on my card.

Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Ivan

IvanSydney

Premature Deduction towards Landlord Insurance Policy

Insurance claim madeNo

Cancellation fee

Really disappointed with Coles - it charges the customer a fee for cancelling a policy due to dissatisfaction. I've been told that I would not get a refund on my monthly in advance payment, since I have to pay a fee for cancelling with a BIG company.

Tried to get a quote

Quote wasn't possible through the webpage, nor their Filipino call centre which I was asked to call. Pretty disappointing and time consuming experience. If the postcode is unsupported, why not provide that information early on and save everyone's time?

Insurance claim madeNo

Nicole52

Nicole52Hobart, TAS

Paid for damage but wouldn't arrange fix

I had a water mark appear on my ceiling in my interstate rental. They arranged for an assessor to attend who quoted $1500 to repair but didn't want to do the work so they paid me out less my excess. I attended the property months later after my tenants vacated and found the problem was very minor (agent photo had been very zoomed in). Still a bit put out they wouldn't fix it, I lived interstate and had to arrange a special trip to fix which cost me considerably more, however I was able to attend a number of other issues at the same time which has certainly improved the property.

gymguy

gymguymelbourne

I claimed and successful!

Why Bother

6 Doors with a fist put through them, that's why we payed extra for damage done by tenants.
Coles insurance won't pay due to the tenants trying to fix the doors with putty before they moved out.
Why do we bother having insurance as we cannot claim for one thing due to damage done by tenants yet we chose an optional extra in our insurance!!!!