Coles Rapid 5 Razor

Coles Rapid 5 Razor

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (3)
UnHappy Buyer from Aldi
UnHappy Buyer from AldiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good but gone!

I do not have heavy dark facial growth and found these superb. Trust Coles to ditch. So much for good vale as I have to now consider another brand which I hope stays around. (no doubt Woolworths beahve the same way). Possibly pressure from the proprietary suppliers like Gillette and Schick!

Purchased in March 2018 at Coles for $6.00.

A Very Decent Shaving Razor

I bought these blades after the previous Coles in-house 5 blade razor and the Woolworths Select brand stop becoming available. I must say that after using it for 3 weeks, I am totally satisfied with this razor. The handle is very solid and comfortable and the shave is very decent. Still shaves well after 3 weeks.

What I also like is that the Enhanced Lubricating strip on the top does not show sign of usage unlike the other 2 previous brands I was using. Some reviews talk of being cut or having abrasion but this has not been my experience. For the price one pays, I must say it was totally worth it and will continue to buy it.

Purchased in December 2020.

Bleeding from 2nd shave

This razor looks and feels quality, but the blades are terrible. It seemed somewhat ok on the first shave, but from the second shave onward, it almost felt like tiny shards of sharp glass scraping my skin. Nasty shaving rash and bleeding from that point on no matter how carefully I tried to shave. This is going straight into the bin and I recommend it to no one. Save yourself the pain and wasted money.

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles for $7.00.

Causes IrritationYes

jputting
jputtingMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Decent Quality Razor

Purchased in January 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $6.00.

Bear
BearSydney

Pleasantly Suprised

I bought the shave handle which came with two blade cartridges and then for another $6,bought a set of four blade cartridges. Shaved this morning and the result was great. For 25% of the cost of my regular blades which I've been using for many years, this is a welcomed saving. I also hope this product is here to stay.

Bloody Great

I get three weeks shaving (every day). Bloody brilliant product. Much, much cheaper than the brand name products. I just hope this is not a fly by night Coles brand product. Thank you Coles.

Dangerous

Exactly the same experience as the guy who said "I knew I was in trouble". On the first stroke it got caught and sliced my skin off on my head.
Finished shaving with the somewhat dull blade of my Aldi Prince Calibre 6. I was trying to replace that system with one more readily available. I learned the hard way not all cheap razors are the same. Stayaway from the coles razor.

Annie Bug
Annie BugWhitsundays

PERFECT ON 5 MTH LEG HAIR GROWTH

This product is amazing!!! I have now switched from Gillette after my experiance. I had not shaved my legs in 5 mths (horrid I know.lol) and i only needed to go over each part of my legs once!!! Not to mention not 1 nik, which never happens for me. Closest shave EVER.

Time saver, money saver!!!

Jean
JeanMelbourne

Dangerous!!!

This shaver has sliced me open
Take it off the market!!! Not a good shaver at all. I rather pay top dollar than have my skin torn off
Coles should of done more research before selling this

Boz
BozScone

Economical smooth shave

For the price these five blade razors work fine. Handle is good to grip they give a good quite close smooth shave I will definitely buy more at that price.

Joe
JoeMelbourne

OK for one shave - rubbish afterwards

1st shave was ok (not as good as a Gillette), but 2nd shave was like using a 2 month old Gillette. Don't waste your money on these. They're not worth even a quarter of the price of a Gillette.

brant
brantHelensvale

Might be OK if you shave everyday

BK1
BK1Sydney

This product is absolute rubbish Do Not Purchase

I purchased this because it was clearly a powerful saving over other brands on display - the range of choice was quite small - and I normally find Coles products good value and effective. However....

This razor felt like it was dragging furrows across my face. The end results suggested that it is harsh and cutting indeed upon skin but struggles to inconvenience even mild hair growth.

Coles: I advise you get this sub-standard junk off your shelves and re-stock Gillette Mach 3 immediately.

Another great Coles product

Its a good product and good price. It was great to shave with and had no issues with it. It goes to show you that Coles products are as good as the top branded shavers.

Aaron
AaronSydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible!!! Dangerous and should be avoided.

1. Bought as an economical option compared tonother two brands. From outset they look solid, well constructed and of simillar design.
2. As soon as I began the first stroke I knew I was in trouble. I though the razor was clogged until I realised it was the skin the razor had cut away from my head leaving a wound profusely bleeding. Already shaving and late for work- I had no option but to continue causing two more cuts to my face.
3. Cheap materials and blades out of alignment- mean this razor is absolutely dangerous. Suffice to say the money I saved by buying this razor was spent on antiseptic creams and bandaids over the coming days.