Colgate Plax

Colgate Plax

3.6

EmpireAU

Nice taste , no substance

Does not have the sustaining cleaning power of Listerne. Froths up too much so you cannot gargle the solution as per instructions.Even though Plax won't burn your mouth, it can irritate the inside oral tissue quite easily. Buy Listerene instead

Lorraine

LorraineNSW

Effective mouthwash.

I've found Colgate Plax to be a decent mouthwash. I usually rinse in the evenings before bed and I've found that my mouth feels much fresher in the mornings. When I rinse in the mornings, my mouth feels noticeably fresher for longer. Would recommend.

A healthier future

I am fairly happy with Colgate plax and like that it comes alcohol free. I would love it even more if it would come with less colours. Why do we need it to be coloured - especially colours that use blue which as far as i am aware is a possible carcinogen?

brian

brian

about average

I sometimes buy the Colgate mouthwash from Woolworths supermarket in fairy meadow and found them to work quite well though not as good as the older Colgate mouthwash though that doesn't bother me as it smells alright doesn't leave any bad aftertaste / I totally recommend the Colgate plax mouthwash range to anyone who likes to keep their mouths clean and free on any nasties

Steve Lee

Steve LeeSydney

WARNING: Plax contains Cetylpyridinium chloride which can stain teeth brown in some people!!!!

MotherMoon

MotherMoonWA, 6210

This is one product that I really like, unlike Listerine it wont blast your mouth out or bring tears to your eyes but it is more gentle in the way that you can use it properly meaning that you can gargle for several minutes and your mouth feels lovely clean and fresh. What I liked about the Colgate Plax was the taste and that you had a variety to choose from. I would certainly recommend this to my family and friends. The price is good also.
I have to say I really like this product it leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean fo a good time.

NinaJay

NinaJayQLD, 4556

Terrible

Not a great review for this product I am afraid. I steer clear of alcohol based products now as a rule but out of all of them, this one seems to pack the least amount of punch. Not a great taste.
I'm not really a fan so I can't give you any pros I am afraid.
I don't like the flavour. I like my mouthwashes to say 'I'm here and I'm killing all those bugs for you' but this one feels so weak, almost like a weak cordial. I don't like the flavour of any of them

heytherek

heytherek

Good

This is a mild tasting easy to use mouthwash that has a nice gentle taste to it. I believe it does help to reach those places that normal brushing can't. It is really good if you have sensitive teeth and want something nice and mild. Is easy to find at the supermarket and does not cost a lot.
It has a nice fresh taste and leaves your mouth feeling nice and cleaned. There is no strong taste with this mouthwash compared with some others that leave a very strong taste in your mouth. Relatively inexpensive and easy to find.
There are none.

janeyj

janeyjSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been using for over 6 yrs as works and is cost effective. I found Listerine too stinging so I was glad to find Plax doesn't burn at all and tastes nice and minty. The pink one for sensitive gums is also OK in flavour. I notice when I have used it overnight I don't get a film in my mouth next morning.
Mild taste. Effective at keeping plaque at bay.

rewarding_07

rewarding_07South East Queensland, QLD

Good

I have found Colgate Plax to be a reliable product and it makes me feel like I'm doing a more thorough job of keeping my teeth and mouth clean. It is a mouthwash that contains alcohol and although there are no proven direct links as yet, it has been suggested there could be a link between alcohol based mouthwashes and oral cancer.
Makes you feel like you're doing more to look after your teeth. Dazzlingly refreshing and not recommended for kids (it says 6 years and up can use it) because it is so strong.
Quite expensive but worth it if it stops dental treatment being needed.

shellfreak

shellfreak

Good

This has a nice taste to it and is not as overpowering or as strong tasting as some of the other mouth wash products available. It comes in several different flavours as well and does leave your teeth and mouth feeling a lot cleaner. I think it does do a good job in keep plague under control and I only really need to use it once a day before going to bed. It is not as expensive as some other mouth washes available.
Nice to use, is not as strong as some other mouth wash products and inexpensive.
There are none.

triciamonaro

triciamonaroQueensland, 4605

Good

I use Colgate Plax on a daily basis I mix and match the flavors from time to time. Using Colate Plax leaves your mouth feeling clean and fresh and I also love that this also acts as a long lasting breat freshener. Colgate is a well loved brand and also the fact that it is specfically designed by top dentists. I recommend this for any one who likes a nice fresh mouth feeling.
Fights plaque for 12 hours, tastes good leaves mouth and teeth feeling fresh and clean.
Nothing I can think of except price, but seems to align in price with most mouth washes.

neodymium

neodymiumAU

Good

I used the alcohol free formula Plax and found it to be a very pleasant mouth wash. It left my mouth feeling fresh and clean without any painful burning or stinging sensation afterwards. It is very effective at protecting your gums, cleaning the hard to reach places between your teeth as well as preventing mouth sores from forming. Compared to some other popular mouth washes such as Listerine, Plax cleans just as effectively and is much more pleasant to use. I would happily recommend Plax for anyone looking for a gentle but effective mouth wash.
Fresh, minty taste. Gently cleans and freshens your mouth without any burning or stinging sensation.
Nothing of note

lingaz

lingazPerth, WA

OK

Like other mouth washes, I tend to be cautious of the amount of colouring used in them. I find that this product and all other mouthwashed I've used could do without colouring! If you have a sensitive mouth, use this product, but if you need a bigger hit, use listerine!
Very minty flavour without the 'burning' sensation that you feel when you rinse your mouth out. This product feels a whole lot gentler in your mouth than other products like 'listerine'.
I find that this product can be a little too gentle and I sometimes wonder if it's just minty flavoured water! I find that this product also leaves a coloured film over your teeth and mouth after you've rinsed your mouth out with it.

Hutcher

Hutcher

fernyfluffles

fernyflufflesTas, 7320

I used to use listerine but found it very harsh on my mouth and had to dilute it. Since I bought the colgate Plax ( I use the nightime one) I have had no problems with my teeth, and it is amazing to see the plaque on your teeth just disappear. It is not very strong and bitter like listerine is, and has a lesser alcohol content so it is kinder to teeth and gums. It is cheaper than listerine which is great as well! I highly recommend this brand of mouthwash!
Tha taste and feeling of using it compared to listerine

Vespera

Vespera

Good

It could be quite a bit more effective, as I've been using this product for quite a while and I still don't see many effects of it. It's around the same category as Listerine, although it's not as obnoxiously strong, and not as obviously hard core dental mouthwash. Could be improved a bit, especially if they got a few nicer flavours, but not bad!
Quite effective, and it's cool to see the plaque being wiped off. Fresh feeling in mouth after use.
Not an extremely attractive smell and taste, Listerine tastes better. Which actually says a lot.

Terrible

I tried Plax because Listerine was a little too strong for me but soon found out that these products are not as good at removing plaque and whitening etc. Listerine Smooth mint and citrus are great if you don't want anything too strong.
The flavour is Ok.
I found out from my dentist that the Whitening Plax doesn't even whiten teeth! It only helps to maintain the colour. Only Listerine Whitening actually whitens teeth.

melwiz007

melwiz007South Australia

I have used this product heaps and i am happy that it actually feels like it is working to reduce the plaque on my teeth. Due to the chlorhexidine my dentist said this one is better for your teeth, but my dentist also had only colgate products on view, so are they bias against other mouth washes.
Great plaque remover, recommeneded by my dentist.
you may not like the flavour so you have to pick one which you think will have not too strong a taste, the kids think if they use this mouth rinse they do not have to brush as well.

west3030

west3030vic, 3030

Good

I like the taste it doesn't leave too much of an overpowering feeling after rinsing. Gives your mouth a fresh feeling. I know a lot of people skip out on the mouth wash stage of caring for their teeth but i think it is vital for the health of your teeth and gums.
I like how after you rinse out you can see the plaque come off. I especially like the orginal flavour.
it is difficult to find this product within stores, or it is stocked somwehere out of sight and i have to go looking for it. Which most of the time i can't be bothered doing.

No I.

No I.asked

I gargled a bit of colgate plax only to eventually realise I swallowed some, it was about halfway up to the line, will I be okay? Should I be concerned?

Empire

No issues to concern yourself with. It's non toxic.

Colgate
Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Thanks for your question. While Plax Mouthwash is not intended to be swallowed, accidentally ingesting a small amount, such as a mouthful of the mouthwash, should not be harmful. In the instance you experience any adverse symptoms or sensitivity, please contact a poisons information centre or your doctor.

Alfred O.

Alfred O.asked

Where can I find or check the expiry date on a Colgate Plax bottle ?

george k c

george k casked

is it necessary to dilute colgate plax with water before use

Empire

No. Don't dilute the product at all. Water will decrease the effectiveness.Also, unlike Listerine, Colgate Plax won't burn your mouth.

Tanjiro K.
Tanjiro K.

I just swallowed a bit while I washed my mouth it was Colgate plax white should I be concerned also ? The product is Mexican and the liquid is blue, I’m not sure what it says in the back

Get an answer from our members and Colgate representatives

Available range

The Colgate Plax range of mouthwashes includes a number of different flavours and purposes, including: Spearmint, Peppermint, Freshmint, Gentle Care, Ice Fusion Cold Mint, Ice Fusion Wintermint, Fresh Tea and Bamboo Charcoal-Mint.

The differences between these are not always clear on Colgate’s website, and may simply have variations in flavour based on the rinser’s personal preference.

Here's what reviewers thought:

Reviews for Colgate Plax are mixed, with some reviewers stating that the mild flavour makes the mouthwash taste like ‘weak cordial’ that didn’t leave their mouth feeling clean.

This rings true with the definition of a cosmetic mouthwash, as these don’t have many health benefits besides a temporary freshening of breath.

There are a few comparisons to Listerine’s mouthwash, which these reviewers often preferred for its strength and effectiveness.

However, other reviewers preferred the gentler flavour, compared to stronger brands of mouthwash. They also appreciated that no alcohol is added to Colgate Plax products.

CategoryMouthwashes