4Colgate Plax

3.5

64%18%18%

Joseph P.
Joseph P.4 posts

It’s a good product, used my whole life

Love it actually. Used it since I was a kid. Show details ·  2
Cindy S.
Cindy S.3 posts

Expiration date left unknown

There are no dates on the bottle only a batch code on the bottom. NOWHERE on the internet can you check the code for experation info. Show details
Colgate   DM

Hi Cindy, thanks for reaching out to us. That's correct, Plax does not have an expiry. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 802 307.

EmpireAU37 posts

Nice taste , no substance

Does not have the sustaining cleaning power of Listerne. Froths up too much so you cannot gargle the solution as per instructions.Even though Plax won't burn your mouth, it can irritate the inside oral tissue quite easily. Buy Listerene instead

Lorraine
LorraineNSW52 posts

Effective mouthwash

I've found Colgate Plax to be a decent mouthwash. I usually rinse in the evenings before bed and I've found that my mouth feels much fresher in the mornings. When I rinse in the mornings, my mouth feels noticeably fresher for longer. Would recommend.

TAP
TAPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

A healthier future

I am fairly happy with Colgate plax and like that it comes alcohol free. I would love it even more if it would come with less colours. Why do we need it to be coloured - especially colours that use blue which as far as i am aware is a possible carcinogen?

brian
brian3,656 posts

about average

I sometimes buy the Colgate mouthwash from Woolworths supermarket in fairy meadow and found them to work quite well though not as good as the older Colgate mouthwash though that doesn't bother me as it smells alright doesn't leave any bad aftertaste / I totally recommend the Colgate plax mouthwash range to anyone who likes to keep their mouths clean and free on any nasties

Steve Lee
Steve LeeSydney3 posts

MotherMoon
MotherMoonWA, 6210455 posts

This is one product that I really like, unlike Listerine it wont blast your mouth out or bring tears to your eyes but it is more gentle in the way that you can use it properly meaning that you can gargle for several minutes and your mouth feels lovely clean and fresh. What I liked about the Colgate Plax was the taste and that you had a variety to choose from. I would certainly recommend this to my family and friends. The price is good also.
I have to say I really like this product it leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean fo a good time.
NinaJay
NinaJaySouth East Queensland, QLD108 posts

Terrible

Not a great review for this product I am afraid. I steer clear of alcohol based products now as a rule but out of all of them, this one seems to pack the least amount of punch. Not a great taste.
I'm not really a fan so I can't give you any pros I am afraid.
I don't like the flavour. I like my mouthwashes to say 'I'm here and I'm killing all those bugs for you' but this one feels so weak, almost like a weak cordial. I don't like the flavour of any of them
heytherek
heytherek369 posts

Good

This is a mild tasting easy to use mouthwash that has a nice gentle taste to it. I believe it does help to reach those places that normal brushing can't. It is really good if you have sensitive teeth and want something nice and mild. Is easy to find at the supermarket and does not cost a lot.
It has a nice fresh taste and leaves your mouth feeling nice and cleaned. There is no strong taste with this mouthwash compared with some others that leave a very strong taste in your mouth. Relatively inexpensive and easy to find.
There are none.
janeyj
janeyjSouth East Queensland, QLD33 posts

Been using for over 6 yrs as works and is cost effective. I found Listerine too stinging so I was glad to find Plax doesn't burn at all and tastes nice and minty. The pink one for sensitive gums is also OK in flavour. I notice when I have used it overnight I don't get a film in my mouth next morning.
Mild taste. Effective at keeping plaque at bay.
rewarding_07
rewarding_07South East Queensland, QLD129 posts

Good

I have found Colgate Plax to be a reliable product and it makes me feel like I'm doing a more thorough job of keeping my teeth and mouth clean. It is a mouthwash that contains alcohol and although there are no proven direct links as yet, it has been suggested there could be a link between alcohol based mouthwashes and oral cancer.
Makes you feel like you're doing more to look after your teeth. Dazzlingly refreshing and not recommended for kids (it says 6 years and up can use it) because it is so strong.
Quite expensive but worth it if it stops dental treatment being needed.
shellfreak
shellfreak168 posts

Good

This has a nice taste to it and is not as overpowering or as strong tasting as some of the other mouth wash products available. It comes in several different flavours as well and does leave your teeth and mouth feeling a lot cleaner. I think it does do a good job in keep plague under control and I only really need to use it once a day before going to bed. It is not as expensive as some other mouth washes available.
Nice to use, is not as strong as some other mouth wash products and inexpensive.
There are none.
triciamonaro
triciamonaroQueensland, 460555 posts

Good

I use Colgate Plax on a daily basis I mix and match the flavors from time to time. Using Colate Plax leaves your mouth feeling clean and fresh and I also love that this also acts as a long lasting breat freshener. Colgate is a well loved brand and also the fact that it is specfically designed by top dentists. I recommend this for any one who likes a nice fresh mouth feeling.
Fights plaque for 12 hours, tastes good leaves mouth and teeth feeling fresh and clean.
Nothing I can think of except price, but seems to align in price with most mouth washes.
neodymium
neodymiumAU226 posts

Good

I used the alcohol free formula Plax and found it to be a very pleasant mouth wash. It left my mouth feeling fresh and clean without any painful burning or stinging sensation afterwards. It is very effective at protecting your gums, cleaning the hard to reach places between your teeth as well as preventing mouth sores from forming. Compared to some other popular mouth washes such as Listerine, Plax cleans just as effectively and is much more pleasant to use. I would happily recommend Plax for anyone looking for a gentle but effective mouth wash.
Fresh, minty taste. Gently cleans and freshens your mouth without any burning or stinging sensation.
Nothing of note

Weedi

Hi I have swallowed a mouthful of Plax tea fresh. Should I do anything or be worried?

Colgate   DM

Hi Weedi, if you’ve swallowed more than is used for gargling, consult a poison control centre or your healthcare provider.

Thank you. No harm done.

BRIAN
BRIAN

Does colgate plax contain chlorhexidine

Colgate   DM

Thanks for your question. Colgate Plax mouthwash does not contain chlorhexidine.

No I.
No I.

I gargled a bit of colgate plax only to eventually realise I swallowed some, it was about halfway up to the line, will I be okay? Should I be concerned?

Empire

No issues to concern yourself with. It's non toxic.

Available range

The Colgate Plax range of mouthwashes includes a number of different flavours and purposes, including: Spearmint, Peppermint, Freshmint, Gentle Care, Ice Fusion Cold Mint, Ice Fusion Wintermint, Fresh Tea and Bamboo Charcoal-Mint.

The differences between these are not always clear on Colgate’s website, and may simply have variations in flavour based on the rinser’s personal preference.

Here's what reviewers thought:

Reviews for Colgate Plax are mixed, with some reviewers stating that the mild flavour makes the mouthwash taste like ‘weak cordial’ that didn’t leave their mouth feeling clean.

This rings true with the definition of a cosmetic mouthwash, as these don’t have many health benefits besides a temporary freshening of breath.

There are a few comparisons to Listerine’s mouthwash, which these reviewers often preferred for its strength and effectiveness.

However, other reviewers preferred the gentler flavour, compared to stronger brands of mouthwash. They also appreciated that no alcohol is added to Colgate Plax products.

CategoryMouthwashes