Colgate Savacol

Colgate Savacol

See the Best Mouthwashes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Diddles62

Diddles62NSW, 2148

Terrible

Dentist suggested curasept which my local chemist didnt have so was recommended this product to help with an infected throbbing gum. Used this product yesterday twice, it litterally burnt the roof of my mouth and tongue. I now have a very sore roof of my mouth from this product. I don't recommend this product whatsoever its now down the sink.

Tried another chemist who stocked the curasept, great stuff & no burning whatsoever.

Purchased in November 2019 for $12.95.

pdm17

pdm17AU

Ok if you can open it

This is the last time I buy this product it is so hard to remove the lid, I said to myself last time never again, I had to use a drill to put a hole in it and transfer to another bottle. I have been using a different product since wasn't thinking today and bought it again my husband tried but unable to open it ...Grrrrrrr

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

MyYou T.

MyYou T.Central Queensland, QLD

Amazing product! Treated my gum abscess!

I don't understand my people slams this product when they didn't read the cautionary instructions and warnings that this might stain their teeth and lose their taste buds temporarily!

I've been having issues with my gum abscess due to failed implant and I've been taking listerine every night for a week with little improvement until I have tried this, and it worked and now my gum abscess has stopped and no longer swollen! I would prefer a stained teeth if ever, over a gum abscess any time!

Purchased in September 2019 for $9.00.

nothappyjan

nothappyjanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only Just Started Using This

I have 2 VERY VERY painful mouth ulcers pretty close to each other & its been almost a week with them, the pain leaves me in tears, i cant eat or drink & it kills me to even talk, the first time burned like hell but then i guess it numbed it a bit, i just had some more before bed & now my tongue feels burnt??? weird sensation & i did notice some staining in between my front teeth so hopefully the ulcers go away so i can stop using this stuff, has some relief but the side effects are a bit too much, definitely dilute it with water!!!!

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths.

Terrible product! Makes teeth brown.

Dentist told me to start using this, 3 weeks later my teeth are turning brown. Caused me serious worry and concern. He better fix this for free. DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT.

Purchased in February 2019.

Stihl man

Stihl manQueensland

Burning mouth. Avoid

It's now 6 1/2 hours after I used this crap for the first time as per the instructions. My mouth is still burning mainly on the tongue. If I had to use this on a twice daily basis as per instructions it would reduce the quality of my life to the point that I would rather have tooth loss. To my mind using this product with it's irritating effects can't be good at all.

Purchased in February 2019 for $10.00.

the WORST

I used this product for the first time when my impacted wisdom teeth got infected and it covered my teeth in brown stains which I had to get sanded off at the dentist. It also gave me a constant god awful taste in my mouth. After my wisdom teeth were removed I was advised to use it again, and I did so very reluctantly. This time it gave me a stinging tongue as well as a bad taste. My tongue is now turning yellow and I blame the Savacol. Also I never shut the bottle again after opening it the first time cause it was such an ordeal. This is the absolute worst product I've ever encountered, I don't know why it is allowed to be sold.

Melted its own container.

The product melted the base of its plastic bottle. Product then seeped into the edge of my vanity shelf and now the shelf is warped. Vanity 18 months old. One unhappy customer here. Photos available on my Facebook page.

Pen

PenPerth Western Australia

Terrible design. Not suitable for people with dexterity issues.

I can't really rate the taste as I have been unable to open the bottle. You have to press in the sides and twist simultaneously yet the lid is too tall/large to fit my hand and apply sufficient strength to comply. The plastic bottle does give however so you get splashed by the mouthwash while the lid remains fully locked. I have taken to it with scissors but to no avail. If you have small hands or suffer from rheumatism, arthritis or any other dexterity issues, do not buy this.

Absolutely fantastic

I would recomend Savacol 100%. I have a badly inflamed tooth that will (should my dental hygiene lapse) cause excruciating pain. It has left me in tears, i used clove oil and normal mouthwash and nothing worked. Within 1 day of using it heavily and focusing on the tooth the pain goes away and it is back to normal. For my situation this product is a miracle in a bottle. Cannot recommend enough.

D.J.

D.J.Tamworth

This product actually cures my mouth ulcers

Whenever mouth ulcers appear I go straight to the king of all kings SAVACOL. With only two rinses this magic potion cures my ulcers. It’s a must buy for anyone looking to relieve & completely clear up mouth ulcers.

Kat

KatBrisbane

Perfect for ulcers

Used for ulcers on my tongue. Numbed the pain immediately and lasted for a few hours. Was told by my dentist to only use for a couple of days as it stains the teeth. Good product!

John Sue

John SueMelbourne

Black stains

First bottle (clear bottle green liquid) was great after tooth extraction. Second bottle (white) alcohol free(?) has after one week created black stains at teeth base. Just had teeth cleaned - can Colgate suggest a way to remove stains your product has caused? John.

Metallic Taste

I have a metallic taste that last days after using Savacol. The advice of 'temporary alteration to taste' is ridiculously insufficient and vague. It has resulted in me going to the doctor, (who prescribed reflux meds), referring me to a gastroenterologist, having an endoscopy (with all the expense involved, let alone loss of work and the worry and risks)... All easily avoided if the bottle was correctly labelled and all dentists educated to give adequate advice upon dispensing the product.
This is not news to Savcol, it is a known and studied side effect.

I'm appalled.

barbara596

barbara596Mentone

Bottle impossible to open

I lost 30% of the bottle contents because I had to use scissors to smash an opening in it.
It should not be this difficult. other products with this tamper proof cap have been accessible. Not this bottle. I would not buy again.

Nathan O

Nathan OVictoria

Beware serve reaction is possible

This product is evil, I have at least a dozen or more ulcers on my tongue alone, I can barely eat or drink except through prescription pain killers, even then I still feel pain.
It has been like this for a few days after using the product.

ANGIE C

ANGIE CQueensland, 4124

Mint Flavour

Leanne

LeannePerth, WA

Good product if used well

SP. b

SP. bGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works as promised

Yes, if you use this product for a while, it will leave brown stains in between teeth that will require a professional clean. However, this product is extremely good at healing infected/ bleeding gums!! It is us, the people who were lax in our dental care, that must suffer the fairly benign side effects of stains and numb tongues, because neither of those are as bad as losing our dang teeth or worse!

I recommend this product with the caveat that you must accept the fact you'll have to see a dental hygienist after treatment for stain removal. That's what I did and I left the dentist with a clean bill of dental health, the stains fully removed.

No regrets, and if I ever have an issue in the future, I won't hesitate to grab the savacol.

Ruins your teeth

I used Savacol after my dentist told me to for a gin infection. It was helpful in clearing that up, mind you, it came back. I have brown teeth and it won't go away, it is terribly embarrassing and I hate smiling now. The bottle doesn't say that it will take the enamel off your teeth and that it is irreversible! Very dissapointed and I also have a sore, burnt feeling tounge!!

Pam

Pamasked

My husband has sjorgans disease and swirls savacol in his mouth for 30 min twice a day for the last 12 months. I have advised him only 1 minute. What will the effects be.

Janet

Janetasked

I've used Savocol mouth wash and I can't taste my food for 5 days. Will my taste buds return? I'm very upset, worried, as I'm loosing weight due to not eating, because with no taste just a metallic taste it makes me nauseous. I'm so worried,it's upsetting..I'm praying my taste returns. There should be a big warning on the bottle. Can anybody help..? Thanks..Janet Young..

Janet

Janetasked

I've used Savocol mouth wash and I can't taste my food for 5 days. Will my taste buds return? I'm very upset, worried, as I'm looking wright due to not eating, because with no taste just a metallic taste it makes me nauseous. I'm so worried,it's upsetting..I'm praying my taste returns. There should be a big warning on the bottle. Can anybody help..? Thanks..Janet Young..

Get an answer from our members and Colgate representatives