Coolaroo Umbrellas

Coolaroo Umbrellas

Rhonda

RhondaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Problems from the start....but still works well.

Purchased in December 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for $799.00.

qlder4good

qlder4goodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lovely Umbrella - but can only be used of completely no wind. Very disappointing

I wish I had read the below reviews first as I have to also agree - this umbrella is totally useless if there is any type of breeze. And that means ANY type of wind. So in a Qld summer this umbrella is a waste of money. I had to pay to get someone to deliver this to my property, but ended up selling it 6 months later for $150. I didn't pay a good amount of money for an item that is useless to use, and just there to look at.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings, Toowoomba for $699.00.

Pierre

Pierre

Does not like the slightest wind

I bought this 12 months ago from Bunnings for around $800. I have used it probably 3 times due to the fact that if there is the slightest wind it wants to blow around or over. And there is almost always a bit of wind in summer QLD. I'm thinking of trying to bolt it to the concrete floor for next summer.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $800.00.

Outdoor Furniture Products

Find out how Coolaroo Umbrellas compares to other Outdoor Furniture Products

JimNorth Western Region, NSW

Coolaroo Melaleuca - large, top of the range cantilever model - Bunnings in Dubbo, NSW.

We bought this just prior to last Christmas, paying around $800. It cannot be used in light winds/breezes, as it blows around and is most unstable and seemingly unsafe, so is useless most of the time. A strut has bent as a result. Very disappointing as we mostly can't use it in our very hot summer weather. In retrospect we should have bought a couple more smaller conventional umbrellas. Know better next time.

Purchased in November 2018 for $799.00.

Daniel S

Daniel SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor product. Failed after 12 months.

I will cut to the point, we purchased this umbrella a little over 12 months ago and it has simply fallen apart.
Credit to Bunnings, who we purchased the item off who attempted to assist with repairs. Coolaroo were not as helpful.
Do not waste your money as we did.

Purchased in January 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $700.00.

germ1

germ1

No Spare struts

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Mick b

Mick bsydney

Coolaroo banksia umbrella poor build quality

I purchased a 3.5 metre coolaroo banksia umbrella, after getting it home i had to return the base twice for not having the base plate threads threaded hence i couldn't fix the swivel plate to the base, also the weld at the bottom of the lower post with base plate has pin holes all in it and appears to have signs of corrosion.

portia

portiaSydney

Not worth the money

The first Coolaroo cantilever umbrella we bought broke at the top after 10 months. It was not subject to high winds and in fact we have a guy rope system to secure it. This was replaced under warranty. The second one developed green mould all over the underside (it was never put away wet). Then, at around the four year mark several holes appeared in the fabric and when lightly pressed it was obviously rotting. No chemicals were used on the material. The fabric is warrantied for five years 'against UV degradation'. However, upon viewing my photos of the damage, the manufacturers said it was not due to 'UV degradation' so they would not replace it. Quite what they thought it was due to I am not sure. I would not buy again.

sentinel88South East Queensland, QLD

Sturdy Acaia 3m Square umbrella - however, should be secured adequately at the base for safety

Outdoor Furniture Products

Find out how Coolaroo Umbrellas compares to other Outdoor Furniture Products

Snapped pulley rope

After 13 months the pulley rope broke and I was told by customer service that the one year warranty expired and 5 year warranty only for cover and they couldn't help me. Avoid purchasing these umbrellas.

Tonra1098

Tonra1098Jerrys Plains

Flimsy Rubbish

Coolaroo Market Umbrellas are NOT value for money - better products available in this price range.
Timber posts are of inadequate strength with serious movement of post at the centre joint/head mount due to screws that are grossly too small.
Centre post has already warped markedly after 2 months, most of which was spent stored in the garage because it is unsafe to use even in the slightest breeze.
Avoid this product and choose a product with a metal post and frame!

Graham Nightingale

Graham NightingaleSINGLETON

Be Careful

Take care when choosing an outdoor market type umbrella by Coolaroo. The designs featuring wooden ribs are very flimsy in any sort of breeze and are prone to turning inside out and breaking the wooden ribs I had one for less than 24 hours before it managed to destroy itself. Choose a brand with metal or graphite ribbing. For the price Coolaroo are asking there is much better quality available from other manufacturers at much cheaper prices..

Scott

Scottasked

Our Coolaroo Cantilever Banksia (3.5m) canopy has now deteriorated. Are there replacement options? I messaged Coolaroo 2 weeks ago but hear crickets chirping... Thanks!

F. Sadler

F. Sadlerasked

I have just purchased a Coolaroo Eucalypt umbrella plus Coolaroo water fill base. Does the item lock into place when up or rotate in any wind. Im surprised that there seems to be no locking, not happy if we cant use in our normal QLD weather.

Jim

If I understand your problem correctly yes it does lock into place. If there are wheels on the base it will rotate with the wind anyway. I did discover though that any wind above a breeze almost makes the umbrella useless as it blows around badly. Best to have the thing downwind. We have already bent a strut from this problem. Not good for such an expensive item.

jRW
jRW

This umbrella is not
Made for high winds, I agree the umbrella is not good in any wind and does
Want to tip forward, I use bungee leads and anchor it to the fence and ballestrade, this holds it in place and allows it to be up in winds of around 39km/hr, the cord has just snapped after two years use, now I will have to dismantle it and run a new cord, but overall not a great item, not overly safe, you have to put into place your own safety methods, good luck

Rosasked

Has anyone had any issues with the 3.5 Coolaroo Melaleuca Umbrella as I am thinking of purchasing one?
cheers Ros

sentinel88

No not the umbrella itself but the cover has deteriorated through sun damage prior to 12 months. Not a big issue as we won't leave the umbrella and cover out like we did before.

ok thanks. cheers Ros

Get an answer from our members and Coolaroo representatives