3.8

3.0

Patrina C.
Patrina C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Good and bad

Purchased this couple of weeks ago, some good and bad points.
Relatively quiet, easy to use and clean afterwards. But it leaves a reasonable layer of product all around the bowl that you can't scrap off because it's stuck to the frozen bowl so without scratching the crap out of it you end up wasting food really, not until the bowl has thawed that the product comes away, so that's a negative. I have tried many dairy free recipes variations but they come out icy in this machine so it's ok but definitely not a 5 star. Show details
JennyD27 posts
Grace M.
Grace M.South East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Simple design

This is a simple, good looking device. If you want to make ice-cream, frozen yoghurt or a frozen margarita, it's perfect. The recipe book (also available online) has great starter recipes. I've made ice cream cakes. I can't do without this ice cream maker. This item was a gift for Xmas so can't supply cost or where purchased. Show details
Silvija
SilvijaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts
  Fair Incentive ICE-30BCA

Yummy Ice cream

I bought this ice cream maker because I read the ingredients list on shop bought ice cream. I wanted to make a natural ice cream without any unnecessary chemicals. I wanted a compact and easy to use machine which this is. It came with a clear instruction book and my first batch was successful. It is quick and easy to use so I can make different flavours each week. I use only Australian ingredients and my family enjoys homemade fresh and healthy ice cream. I can also make yoghurt and sorbet so it isa very versatile machine. Show details
diamond l.
diamond l.

Noisy

I have to agree with Timothy P., Laurie, Mickt1 and the other reviewers who wrote about this unbelievably noisy machine that has a thick layer of iced product on sides and bottom of freezer canister. Sure it makes good ice-cream etc. but the grating, whining noise takes the fun out of waiting for the treat: IF you can scrape a third of it out of the canister. I can see this model getting discontinued in the not too distant future. Oh did I mention it makes decent ice-cream and stuff? Show details
Kathryn B.
Kathryn B.
  ICE-30

Disappointed

My children bought me this last Christmas, I used it once and 9 months later have got it out to use again and it doesn’t work at all. Very disappointing Show details
Annie
AnnieVictoria11 posts

Awesome ice cream maker

Super easy to make delicious ice creams and sorbets! Recipe book has delicious recipes in it. Homemade ice cream is well worth making, it's cheaper, tastier and you know what ingredients are in it. Easy to make a vanilla ice cream and add any number of different flavourings to suit different desserts. Easy to clean, wash, use.

Show details

Timothy P.
Timothy P.South East Queensland, QLD
  Verified ICE-30BCA

Not as good as I was hoping!

There's a definite gap between the plastic blade/churner & the side of the bowl, big enough for your initial ingredients to snap freeze pretty much to the side & create a hard edge around the whole inside bowl.

The plastic blade just isn't close enough to the side, or even bottom of the bowl the scrape away at the mixture as it builds up. You are left with close to half your mixture frozen solid to the bowl.

The only way to fix this is to manually stand there with a hard plastic spatula & help scrap away at the build up. Even then you can't keep up with it all & still have quite a bit frozen solid to the bowl by the end. : (

Show details

Zoe
ZoeMelbourne8 posts
  ICE-30BCA

Terrible, waste of kitchen space

I don't know what I am doing wrong but my ice cream just sticks to the side despite following the instructions precisely, I have tried many times but it just sticks to the side and I can't get it off, I have to scrape it off the side or just forget about half of the batch and let it melt away in the sink, I make better ice cream using my Vitamix!

Marzy
MarzyAU14 posts
  ICE-30BCA

Does the job but so do all the others

Got this machine mainly because it holds 2L, freezer bowl is nice and sturdy and freezes well. The let downs are the flimsy plastic mixing paddle and the noise of the machine. It is so loud when spinning and this is due to the bowl spinning around rather than the paddle. I think for the price it is a big let down, any cheap machine will do the job just as well don't waste your money.

nothappynile
nothappynileAU12 posts

PERFECT LITTLE MACHINE

I purchased my ice cream maker from Kitchenware Direct about 18 months ago and I love it. It's quick (about 30 minutes) and dead simple to use. Although a little noisy, it's no worse than a blender (except it needs to run longer.... dah)

For anyone out there who likes minimum effort and small cost with great results combine: 2 cups store bought custard + 1 cup cream + 1 cup condensed milk. Churn for about 30 minutes.

This is a great base for you to add anything you like at the end..... my fave is 1/4 cup coffee granules a few minutes before the end.

Laura
LauraCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC15 posts

Very Cool!

I love my lime green icecream maker.

It is great for summer and perfect for my family as we are all lactose intolerant.

This little machine allows us still to have a summer delight by using coconut milk instead of regular milk. Even my 7 month old loves his caramel ice cream.

The only down fall with this machine is the noise!!! It isn't quite and we have taken to hiding it in the laundry so we can still have a conversation in the kitchen :S

Sarah
SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
  ICE-30MRA

Worth it

I've been thinking about buying a ice cream /gelati maker for some time and did quite a bit of research between this model and those double the price that didn't require freezing the canister overnight. Very happy with my purchase freezing the canister has not been a problem at all.

fefe
fefe4 posts
Christine F
Christine FGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC13 posts

Love the convenience!!

Love my Cuisinart ice cream maker - within half an hour we have delicious ice cream of whatever flavour we desire. Knowing exactly what goes in it is a huge plus for me. Frozen yogurt and gelato are just as simple and easy to make - my grandchildren love it. Reviews said it was noisy but I pop it in the laundry shut the door and it's not a problem. When it's done I pop it in the freezer for 15 minutes and using a hard plastic scraper find it easy to scrape out and enjoy!!