Cuisinart ICE-30

See the Best Ice Cream Makers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Disappointed

My children bought me this last Christmas, I used it once and 9 months later have got it out to use again and it doesn’t work at all. Very disappointing

Purchased in December 2018.

AnnieVictoria

Awesome ice cream maker

Super easy to make delicious ice creams and sorbets! Recipe book has delicious recipes in it. Homemade ice cream is well worth making, it's cheaper, tastier and you know what ingredients are in it. Easy to make a vanilla ice cream and add any number of different flavourings to suit different desserts. Easy to clean, wash, use.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Timothy P.

Timothy P.South East Queensland, QLD

Not as good as I was hoping!

There's a definite gap between the plastic blade/churner & the side of the bowl, big enough for your initial ingredients to snap freeze pretty much to the side & create a hard edge around the whole inside bowl.

The plastic blade just isn't close enough to the side, or even bottom of the bowl the scrape away at the mixture as it builds up. You are left with close to half your mixture frozen solid to the bowl.

The only way to fix this is to manually stand there with a hard plastic spatula & help scrap away at the build up. Even then you can't keep up with it all & still have quite a bit frozen solid to the bowl by the end. : (

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Laurie

LaurieMelbourne

Terrible, waste of kitchen space

I don't know what I am doing wrong but my ice cream just sticks to the side despite following the instructions precisely, I have tried many times but it just sticks to the side and I can't get it off, I have to scrape it off the side or just forget about half of the batch and let it melt away in the sink, I make better ice cream using my Vitamix!

Marzy

MarzyAU

Does the job but so do all the others

Got this machine mainly because it holds 2L, freezer bowl is nice and sturdy and freezes well. The let downs are the flimsy plastic mixing paddle and the noise of the machine. It is so loud when spinning and this is due to the bowl spinning around rather than the paddle. I think for the price it is a big let down, any cheap machine will do the job just as well don't waste your money.

nothappynile

nothappynileAU

PERFECT LITTLE MACHINE

I purchased my ice cream maker from Kitchenware Direct about 18 months ago and I love it. It's quick (about 30 minutes) and dead simple to use. Although a little noisy, it's no worse than a blender (except it needs to run longer.... dah)
For anyone out there who likes minimum effort and small cost with great results combine: 2 cups store bought custard + 1 cup cream + 1 cup condensed milk. Churn for about 30 minutes.
This is a great base for you to add anything you like at the end..... my fave is 1/4 cup coffee granules a few minutes before the end.

Laura

LauraBallarat

Very Cool!

I love my lime green icecream maker.
It is great for summer and perfect for my family as we are all lactose intolerant.
This little machine allows us still to have a summer delight by using coconut milk instead of regular milk. Even my 7 month old loves his caramel ice cream.
The only down fall with this machine is the noise!!! It isn't quite and we have taken to hiding it in the laundry so we can still have a conversation in the kitchen :S

Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worth it

I've been thinking about buying a ice cream /gelati maker for some time and did quite a bit of research between this model and those double the price that didn't require freezing the canister overnight. Very happy with my purchase freezing the canister has not been a problem at all.

fefe

fefe

Love my homemade icecream

Christine F

Christine FGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love the convenience!!

Love my Cuisinart ice cream maker - within half an hour we have delicious ice cream of whatever flavour we desire. Knowing exactly what goes in it is a huge plus for me. Frozen yogurt and gelato are just as simple and easy to make - my grandchildren love it. Reviews said it was noisy but I pop it in the laundry shut the door and it's not a problem. When it's done I pop it in the freezer for 15 minutes and using a hard plastic scraper find it easy to scrape out and enjoy!!

Cindy Timms

Cindy Timms

Ready for summer!

If you have kids or if you are just loving Icecream then this machine is for you!!!!
Money saver, cost effective and you are in control of what the ingredients are. So simple so easy to make Icecream, sorbet and gelato!!!!!!!!!Imagine adding fresh Summer fruits to the Icecream maker, gourmet and you are the chef!!!! Bon Appetite!!!!

Sian M.

Sian M.Perth, Western Australia

Not as noisy as everyone claims!

Taylor

TaylorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Machine, worth every decibel!

I was lucky to get the Ice-30 on sale for $129. I went with it over the Ice-21 because the only complaints for the Ice-30 were noise while some reviewers on the Ice-21 page said the motor can be weak. The way I see it I'd rather a tough, albeit slightly louder machine, over a weak motor that will break down sooner. Not to mention there is 500mls more in the 30!

If you're thinking of buying it because you want to go healthy but don't want to miss out on ice cream there is an amazing recipe for a coconut ice cream base with a blueberry jam mix-in in Pete Evan's Family Food cookbook. It was the first thing I made and it turned out amazing!

Cheryl M

Cheryl M

makes creamy delicious ice-cream !

This machine works much better than anticipated - although a "tad" noisy , the ice-cream it produces is worth it ! Also great for making slushies ! Easy to assemble & operate - very little clean up !

phoenixd

phoenixdMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great ice cream is worth the noise

Noise

Noisiest machine ever. Cuisinart should supply a set of ear muffs with every machine. Noisiest appliance that I have ever owned. Louder than most outdoor garden appliances. Louder than your average car, louder than a motor bike. Thought the machine was faulty due to the noise, but Cusinart and David Jones assure me the machine is normal. The ice cream and sorbet is ok - but you seriously wouldn't bother.

Noise, noise, noise!!!

Nickforty

NickfortySydney

Extremely Noisy Machine

Makes great ice cream but the noise is unbelievable! I downloaded a decibel meter app - 125 decibels at 1 m. distance. I rang cuisinart to check if the noise was normal- ran the machine so the operator could hear the racket- assured machine noise was normal. A Harley Davison idling in your kitchen would be quieter. Seriously the noise is totally unbearable, it is without doubt the noisiest machine we own- noisier than the car, noisier than the lawn mower, noisier than garden blower.
Makes good ice cream
Noise noise noise- loudest appliance ever

Viv
Viv

deb

debBrisbane

Very, very noisy

Whilst this machine does produce a quality product, the 30 minutes it takes requires that, unless you buy some industrial strength ear-plugs, the machine be in a totally different part of the house (and we had to move ours 2 rooms away to carry on a conversation) . I "traded up" from an ancient Phillips machine made 30 years ago, and that was silent in comparison. Surely, in this day and age Cuisinart could have done much, much better on the silencing aspect.
Quality outcome.
NOISE

Works a treat - just be patient and follow the instructions

A new purchase for our household this summer. Very keen to getting it going once it arrived, but should have followed the instructions closer. 12 hours in the freezer is not the same as the 24 it recommends. To date we've had 2 batches of ice cream and both have been fantastic. It's not a money saver by any means (ingredients cost well more to make ice cream than to buy a punnet), but good to know what's going in. Looking forward to making the next batch now!!
Easy to set up & clean
It's quite noisy

Jopinion
Jopinion

entered

enteredAU

mmmmmm

Good machine, sometimes when using thicker recipes the ice cream will stick to the bowl and will be chucky when u take it off which also can be difficult, but in all myself and the family love coming up with all different types of ice-creams, would recommend to anyone over the cheaper brands
easy to use, nice looking
The bowl takes up a alot of space in the frezzer and a bit noisey