D-Link DIR-412

D-Link DIR-412

See the Best Mobile Wifi in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Never worked well and has finally died!

Bought it from DS online 2 years ago. Worked OK when it worked but it would lock up periodically and had to be reset by turning the power on and off. This happened at least once a week and sometimes a few times a day.
Finally died yesterday, The lights are on but there's nobody home. Off to buy another brand.
Low cost, simple to use and worked OK when it worked.
Locked up regularly right from the beginning.

Hopeless product!

Bought for my Dad, but endless trouble. Got going for a while, but wireless signal terribly weak unless you're right on top of it.... but then what's the point? Tried reconfiguring in all sorts of ways, but still no luck. Then reset again, and problems persist. Free router or anyone?
Cheap
Weak Wireless

Endless issues, terrible customer service

Worked for 6 months, then the wireless capability would continually drop out, then eventually not work at all. technical support was woeful in their ability to solve the issues in a timely manner, and poor documentation meant every time I called back, I needed to repeat the entire history several times. Never would buy this brand again. Rather than keep dealing with them, have brought another brand.
Small.
Once something goes wrong, this company's customer service is not worth encountering. Never buy one.

Excellent product... better than I thought it would be!!!

Hi, I bought this 3G wireless router because I wanted to share my Three wireless dongle with two laptops, a netbook and Playstation 3. All I can say is that it performs flawlessly.

It was easy to setup with the ethernet cable it came with, so all I had to do was connect it to the laptop's ethernet port and then set it up with the web browser.

Once all the security settings and wireless settings were in place, I search for the wifi access point, which all devices found and then using WPA2 encryption and entering the password, all devices connected successfully 1st go.

A little hiccup happened when selecting the dongle type in the DIR-412 3G Internet setup menu... The first time, it didn't show any options ( I needed Three as my provider )... then I went out of the menu and came back in, then all the provider options were available. After this was done, it connects perfectly!!! I have the old Huawei E220 3G dongle.

I have set the DIR-412 to connect on demand, so after about 10 mins of no internet use, it automatically disconnects the dongle. It will reconnect if any of the devices want access to the internet... very cool feature!!!

The device has not crash on me and and I have been using it for the last 4 days. Wireless reception is good with the worst being 179 @ 15 meters away with two internal walls in the way.

Would recommend if you want a simple device to share your 3G dongle... works well for me.

Brian
Simple to use and works.... has quite extensive firewall and security options for such an innocent looking thing.
A quirk in the 3G internet settings menu, but it was okay after going out and back into the menu.

Sounds like you know how to set up password protection... I thought I knew what I was doing, but obviously didn't, gave up, pulled the dongle out, unplugged the power to the D-link and thought that was that... It seems since then, everyone in the whole apartment block has been using my internet (i'm thinking maybe one of our computers is acting like a router) as I got a huge internet bill. Not happy... more clear instructions should come with D-Link. Not all of us are computer language savvy!!!