Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series

Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series

2.9

Handyman

HandymanSE Melbourne

Great 2 in 1 when it worked!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Jenny4

Jenny4Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible Experience

I bought this same machine with 32gb HD, no-one said "beware" that I should install any programs on ext USB. The first time it updated windows it ran out of room and ever since May it has been telling me to free up space. I put it away for 5 months, now I have spent hours on the phone and the Dell Tech has removed all updates and anything he could find and now I have 720 mb of space! It will not even reformat itself so Dell can start again - because, you guessed it - I need to free up space. The Dell man has gone away to seek further help on what to do meanwhile he could not log my call as their system has a problem, Says it all really, fingers crossed for Friday when he is supposed to call me back!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Worst laptop and service from DELL

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Laptops

Find out how Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series compares to other Laptops

Worst

I was new here in Australia, I bought a new laptop for my assignments. In That period I borrowed a money from my friends. It hasn’t been long. But now my keypad is not working. I can’t throw it away coz it’s a new one. I don’t want to buy a new now.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
K.W.

K.W.Melbourne

Take it anywhere

I am loving the Inspiron 11 (3179), purchased to replace an older Dell laptop. It runs really smooth with Windows 10, has touch screen on it's 11.6 inch screen and battery lasts for hours (6+) on light use i.e. browsing the internet. This is a 2 in 1 laptop, and the built-in speaker is surprisingly loud and crisp. It takes a short while to get used to the smaller form factor, but certainly does not lack in performance generally.

Pros:
Fast power up
Build quality
Lightweight

Cons:
No back-lit keyboard
No CD/DVD ROM drive

Date PurchasedMar 2018
AI

AISydney, NSW

Terrible! Just a rubbish

I bought it $330. First 11 month, there was no problem. But after that, storage became full and I tried clean up which didn't help. Storage cannot reduce then I seek expand storage. Dell cannot activate expand function. 30GB is too small and unable to expand is not fair! When I tried to expand, I lost windows 10.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Marsanne10

Marsanne10Perth

Dell Inspiron 11

Bought the device August 2017. It functioned ok till November. I put it away until Jan when uni started. Started preparing for uni Jan 2018 and it overheated within minutes. It stopped working. Rang customer support bc they close at 8pm. Except they’re closed in my time zone. Dell continues to go downhill. if anyone can recommend a decent touchscreen 11-15 inch, I’d appreciate it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Jingster

JingsterCranbourne West

It must be upgrade

I bought it just this june with 4gb Ram + 128 SSD.. It must be upgraded since, bcos i find it runs windows 10 very smooth.. i also installed office 2016 on it. run perfectly. This small laptop ideally for mobile people to do some work on the run due to super light in weight. A bit shame about its HDD size, only 128gb. But only 329 I bought, definitely worth every penny.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
John Crew

John Crewharvey

wrong information

took my Dell laptop in for repair in March 2017, was told it needed a new hard drive and windows reinstalled, at a cost of nearly $4oo, I said no and picked it up with a$89 service charge, laptop not being a year old I was not happy so took it to another repair shop and was told nothing was wrong with the hard drive but windows needed to be reinstalled $123, so I said yes to this then went back to BTS asking why they had told me I needed the hard drive, I fought to get a refund but only got a small amount back, thinking they must have lied about checking the machine when they could not get the computer to loud up I think they assumed what was wrong,

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Laptops

Find out how Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series compares to other Laptops

megs34

megs34SYDNEY

OK product, poor service support

Foon C

Foon CSydney, NSW

Very poor build quality and reliability

TWC

TWCMelbourne

Not Bad For the Price, but really can't handle Windows 8

Date PurchasedApr 2015
J60913

J60913South East Queensland, QLD

Excellant machine!

I have had this laptop for a few months now and absolutely love it! Its like an ipad, love the touch screen, keypad folds back so you can use it as an ipad, all for a bit over $500, bought it to travel Oz next year, small, compact yet has the same processor as my last Dell, only negative is that some might find the processor to be a wee bit slow, but perfect for me, cant fault it!

oz_reviewer