DeLonghi Distinta Kettle

DeLonghi Distinta Kettle

Flair KBI2001, KBI 2001 and KBI2011

quality not good

Kettle water leaks out of the level window and colour is coming off. The silver strip around the lower level of kettle is peeling off. Not happy with this products and it is not cheap to buy definitely not happy with this products at all. I have bought cheaper products than this that have lasted longer and performed better that than this product

Purchased in April 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level

Looks good, but that's about it

I bought this purely because of the blue colour!!
The base is pretty light and feels like poor quality compared to my previous Sunbeam one.
It is really noisy and seems to take ages to boil - even when not full (1.7litre model).
Kind of expensive for a kettle at $130.
But hey - it looks pretty!!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great Upgrade

Purchased kettle as other stopped, very happy with the look and is very quick at heating up without making to much noise as it boils the water, holds 1.7 litres and so far no problems ,the old plastic kettle used to have an aftertaste but this one is fine so far, will no after further use of product.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Not happy

I bought the distinta copper kettle 18 months ago and now the finish is coming off the kettle and it looks horrible contacted delonghi and they say they won't do anything about it as the kettle still works. When you pay $128 for a kettle you expect it to last longer than 18 months. Harvey Norman said they will offer me a great price on another kettle,
But that's not going to be of help as I bought the toaster to match the kettle and can't afford to buy another kettle, guess I will not be buying their brand next time I get 1 and I will certainly talk my friends out of purchasing 1.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Great Kettle

From the first boil we liked this kettle there was no after taste and it has a nice feel in the hand when holding (well weighted) it is also nice and quiet whilst boiling. My mother and brother both have the same kettle which was a reason we purchased as they have had no problems and have owned it for some time.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Should be recalled

Owned for 2 and a bit months before it started boiling on its own and wouldn't turn off. Then stopped working altogether. It's been a massive hassle trying to deal with delonghi and get a repair, replacement or refund. Will never be buying delonghi again.
Lucky we were home to remove the kettle from the power point who knows why damage it could have caused.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Stylish kettle, good performance

I bought this kettle last week and so far am really pleased, we got in pure white and looks really nice with the matching toaster. It feels nice to hold, even when filled with max water. Ive had surgery on my wrist so had to be easy to lift and pour, which it definitely is. Only reason I havent given it 5 stars is because it could be a little faster to boil but other than that I love it

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Basic model is the best!

I bought a Delonghi Distinta kettle in copper which was the super-duper fancy model with the different temperature choices for different teas! An absolute piece of rubbish! If it was on 100c it just would not finish boiling; just kept going on & on & on until the kitchen was full of steam & the blinds dripped. I took it back & exchanged it for the simple, basic model (still Distinta & still copper) but just the one switch for boil & it is perfect! Works well- quiet, quick & looks great.

Terrible Don't buy

Nice looking kettle but it continues to boil and won't turn off. Took it back tried another with the same result. No good it needs to work properly it's dangerous should be recalled. Fix up the error and then delonghi should think about adding a digital temperature reader so you can see what temperature its up to as it boils.

Dont Buy It!

Listen, it look good.. but it has no functional use in the kitchen. Mine scratched at the slighted touch with anything else. Its a pretty coating, and nothing else.

I use my kettle, its not a show piece.... now it looks pretty and scratched.. wasn't worth the money. DONT BUY IT!

Recommend

After seeing so many kettles on the market and becoming confused I purchased this model.
I wanted a side handle so as not to burn oneself as pouring out the hot water. Can refill water through the nossel. It is very fast to boil. Easy to clean. So far it has been great and I can highly recommend it.

Never Again

Liked the look of this kettle and it matched my toaster, in the Bronze. But again DeLonghi have disappointed. The highest temperature won't turn off. This is the setting which boils the water but it just boils and boils. After having so much trouble with the 4-slice toaster I shall be boxing it up and returning it, as inconvenient as it is.
Hope this helps --- maybe I am just EXTREMELY unlucky with DeLonghi products.
Regards

Not the quietest

While the kettle is generally quite good to use, easy to fill without obstruction. The biggest problem, or at least it's only problem we have is its intrusion into our peaceful environment. Extremely noisy

We have found trying to read water levels on the gauge is difficult as it ridiculously placed behind the handle