Dometic Vacuum Sealer

1.9

Bob

BobPerth, WA

Do not Buy!

Bought this at 3:50pm one afternoon, returned it to the store at 8:05 am the next day.
Tried vacuum sealer about 4 or 5 times. Read the instructions about a dozen times - very poor performance. From the first time I heard the vacuum pump start, it did not sound powerful enough, and this proved true.
On returning it to the store, the manager vacuum sealed a small packet of mints in a tin, worked well. But anything with food and any moisture it would not pull a vacuum at all.
Thanks to BCF for refunding straight away - would highly recommend them.

Just Me

Just MeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good product but no Australian Warranty presence anymore

This product is supplied by Dometic as a rebadged Freshield device (they sell with the same specs), any warranty claim is refered to Freshield. Unfortunately Freshield no longer have an Australian presence so you are out of luck getting it repaired.

C W.

C W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do NOT buy Dometic Vacumn Sealer

Bad Build and cheap Quality - Zero Warranty - We purchased this unit for $180, thought we would spend good money to get a good machine, boy, were we wrong. Sealed about 30 blocks of cheese and then the Vacumn would not work. Contacted Dometic warranty, which was a total waste of time, they have one guy servicing the whole of Australia and did not give a damn. Ended up buying a Kmart $40 Vacumn Sealer and it has been faultless.
The foam they use to provide the seal for the vacumn is poor quality to say the least and will fail in no time. Badly designed compared to others.
Very disappointing and will never buy anything Dometic Brand ever again.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$180.00.

Food Sealers

Find out how Dometic Vacuum Sealer compares to other Food Sealers

Craig S.

Craig S.Perth, WA

Great product being both 12v/240v

I have had this for around 18 months now and it has not missed a beat, seals perfectly running on 12v or 240v and has been sitting in the back of my 4x4 draws most of the 18 months I have owned it over thousands of km's of rough corrugated roads. I have sealed all sorts of food from meat and fish, cold meat, soft cheeses, sliced fruits and veggies as well as plenty of pre cooked curries. Never had a seal leak in the fridge. As long as you don't slop liquid/food all over the top 1/4 it seals perfectly every time.

Purchased in January 2019 at Snowys Outdoors Online store for A$182.00.

Em-dawg

Em-dawgGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You’ll be disappointed

Purchased mine from Anaconda 6mths ago. Have been using weekly ever since, and it’s a nightmare every time. Doesn’t seal properly, it sucks all the air out, and then let’s the air back in before sealing. More than half the time, the seal doesn’t work and I have to do it over and over again on top of a partial seal which makes it more difficult. Sometimes I have to rebag and start from scratch.

I’ve given up and I’m going out to buy a sunbeam food saver, wish I’d done this in the first place. $230 down the drain!!!! Major disappointment from what I thought was a good brand. Tried to return it to Anaconda and they didn’t want to know, referred me to the manufacturer...I didn’t bother! I’ll never buy anything from this brand again.

Purchased in June 2018 at Anaconda Physical store for A$230.00.

Do not waste your money.

Used it 3 times. Lost vacuum and would not work. Turns out the seals are rubbish and do not form an air tight seal. Had to use an alternate home made seal to make it work. Pretty average for the price you pay. Could have claimed warranty. Couldn't be bothered dealing with a company that can't make a decent product in the first place. Do not buy this!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

BFCPerth, WA

Reasonable machine for the price.

Purchased our machine in 2014 for sealing fish, chocken and meat. Have been using it ever since with no issues.
You do need to ensure what you are sealing is free of excess liquid as the plastic bags will not seal correctly if wet. I would assume this applies to which ever brand of vacuum sealer you buy.
I am somewhat surprised to read the other reviews that this vacuum sealer is not by Dometic. I would think that this would be false and deceptive conduct in using that name to sell a product like this. I will check with the Dometic Company to find out if this is true.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
BFC

I have now checked and the machine is in fact serviced by Outdoor Freshfield, NOT DOMETIC so beware if you are relying on the Dometic name

Absolutely terrible

Machine failed it would not heat up and seal only used a hand full of times and the customer service was a disgrace do not buy one of these items. It was not covered by any warranty because the said it was my fault which is total rubbish. Do not purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2016