Drive My Car

The Idea is nice, i am using it. Good for Short term as well Long term. Less Hassel then concentional rental companies

Their customer service is excellent. called before charging me the rental amount. Bond was deposited back within a week, Information was always relayed via email and calls. I have done three bookings already and can't speak highly of them, good idea and product for use to get car.

Great car rental

A pleasure to deal with staff at DMC - very courteous and professional with everything explained clearly. The car owner was also friendly and easy with clear communication at all times. We needed a car urgently when our vehicle needed repairs and Drive My Car was a great answer for us

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Caddy
Received Booked Vehicle Yes
Thank you for the positive feedback. I am glad we could help out.

Quick, efficient and pleasant

Been with them 2 and a half years and always been pleasant, helpful and very efficient. I trust them whole heartedly. Every car I have had has been brilliant and just what I've needed

Vehicle TypeKia Cerato
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Drive my car friendly staff

The customer service fantastic, very friend , profesional and quick. The vehicle I receive was the car have booked. The vehicle I have got it meets my need, because I used for work.

Vehicle TypeSubaru XV
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Very trustworthy company! Excellent Service!

I've been renting a car in Melbourne for a few months now after my car broke down and it has been a great experience. I highly recommend Stephen and his team if you need to rent a car for a few days or a few months. Thank you!

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Use them on every trip to Australia

I have used Drive my car for the last 3 years on my annual trip to Australia to see family and friends. I usually rent from between 5 and 8 weeks. Pick up and drop off at Sydney Airport has been flawless, and each car has been an accurate reflection of what was advertised. About half the cost of normal rental companies.

Worst service

I booked a car but they didn’t delivered as it was not available.. but the same thing repeated for 3 times .. not a reliable service. Honestly I ask if you are not sure about the delivery of the vehicle then why do you advertise it saying it as available.?

Vehicle TypeHyundai Tucson
Hi Nik, I'm sorry that the owners of these cars declined your booking requests. This can happen if the owner is using their car. Our team will always continue to work with you to get you into another car.

LOVE Drive My Car!

I have being using Drive My Car for a few years now and it never fails to disappoint! We always have exceptional customer service (thanks Stephen) and no request is ever too small! The cars are always great and clean and the actual process for booking a car is super easy and hassle free.

If my first preference vehicle happens to be booked the team are always happy to provide advice on other vehicles that will meet my needs when travelling.

Bond is always in the account on time or prior to the date provided so I never have to chase this up.

From a cost perspective I have been really happy with the price for hiring and extra km’s compared to other companies I have looked into in the past.

I love Drive My Car and will continue to use this company.

2 weeks and 2 weeks ...almost 2 months

I had with drivemycar almost 2 months. everything is simple process, all staffs are friendly assisted and with professional service. Car was pick up as the picture shown , all car documents supported for me so I can do delivery business to earn extra money and overall was excellent.

Vehicle TypeSubaru Forester

Subaru

Very happy with the whole process it was simple and informative. from web check and booking all the way through Stephen was very helpfull and was able to answer any questions I had.

Vehicle TypeSubaru XV

Unable to Deliver

Business model looks promising but fails to deliver. Tried multiple cars supposedly available on their website but none were available. One car owner hike his price after my offer to book, then his car became unavailable because he will be on holiday.

5 day confirmation period

From a cost perspective the platform looks very interesting, but the platform on how they confirm the booking is ridiculous. I tried booking a car which showed 'available' on the web site for the dates chosen only to be rejected by the owner 3 days later..... I then booked another car immediately and only after I called them was in informed it was also not available. Given it takes 48hrs to confirm I had to go to Avis.... disaster.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Accent

Great. Professional. Service. And. Awsome. Car

100 per. Cent. Recommend. Drive. My. Car. Great. Service. And. Awsome. Car. To. Use. On. Uber. Thanks. Gareth’s. Help. And. Professionalism. DefinAtly. Recommend. Anyone. Renting. A. Car. Here. For. Private. Use. And. Uber

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry

A good way to rent an Uber car.

DMC was always helpful and patient and more than willing to provide all the help needed, at any time.
The financial side of the deal was handled in a very professional and transparent manner, which is very reassuring. The vehicle was in excellent condition and exceeded my expectation for the price.
A good vehicle for an Uber driver.

Vehicle TypeHolden Astra

Brilliant!

I come to Australia every year for 2 -3 months over Christmas. For the past 4/5 years I have used Drive My Car to rent a car for the whole period I am in Sydney. I cannot speak more highly of this service. Stephen Healy is my contact and the service he provides is just brilliant. The cars are always exactly as shown on the web site, the collection and return is easy and speedy and the whole process is managed professionally and efficiently. If you need the use of a car for any reason - Drive My Car is the place to go!

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Fantastic experience, can not wait to have another renter

Excellent customer service, well supported throughout the process. Cannot recommend enough. Good choice of a renter, thoroughly checked. Drive my car paid me out as promised and the paperwork they provided made the experience seamless. The renter arrived back on time and the car was returned in the same condition as it was handed out.

Good customer service and vehicle

The vehicle which was I used was very good and I might be hire again in future if I need and customer service is also awesome. Thanks a lot to everyone.

Vehicle TypeMercedes-Benz A-Class A180

Some Work to do

Customer Service was nice enough but the process was a little too long. on drop off it was slightly quicker.
the car was very dirty and had to be washed immediately, so it was dropped off looking way better than when it was collected. the boot was also almost full of equipment so if it was more than just me travelling it would have been an issue.
I had a few meetings to attend to as well as some family catch up

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla ZRE172R

Disappointing car hire

Because drive my car is not the owner, your dealing with a 3 party and that's a problem. Poor communication on where pick up at airport. Inexperienced staff at pickup and drop off. Bogus damage claim day after drop off. Car was dirty inside from previous rental and many scratches and a dent on panels. Not what I was expecting.

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry ASV50R / AVV50R
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Good service!

Good service, reasonable prices.
Car was good. Team was fair and kind.
No hassles or issues.
The process was very informative and easy.
A bit far from the CBD though.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

How is the car rental demand in Melbourne??
Hi Mita, Melbourne demand is strong, it is however always dependant on your location. The more centrally located the better.

I've been on line trying to find a car - most of them say GOOD condition.... is that normal? Are good conditions cars ok. I'm wanting a car for several months? Thanks
Hi Dawn, Yes, all cars are in good condition, some cars are brand new models, no car is older than 10 years or has done more than 150,000 km. Call us on 1300 980 706 or email sales@drivemycar.com.au and we can discuss your requirements.

I will be away for 3 months from September 2017 to December 2017. I'm wondering if there is a chance my car could be rented out for that length of time? It's a 2010 BMW 118d hatchback
Hi Carfy, yes there is a good chance that you could rent you car out while you are away and there are a couple of different ways we can help you. Please call us on: 1300 980 706 or email fleetmanager@drivemycar.com.au and we will run through the best options for you. Thanks Brent