Dux Prodigy 5

Dux Prodigy 5

135DB5N, 135DB5P, 170DB5N, 170DB5P, 135D5L and 5 more

Terrible and poor quality product! Stay away!

Terrible hot water unit. Poor Quality!

Had this system installed since mid 2015 and have always had an issue with the pilot light going off all the time. Always thought that it is normal and have been relighting as usual until yesterday the pilot light does not work anymore. Plumber have advise there is many problems with Dux as a whole. The polystyrene in the unit has also burnt off.

Purchased in May 2015.

Heating Speed
Hi Dan, We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we would like to resolve this issue as soon as we can. So we can locate your details easier, can you email through your name, phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au and we will call you. Regards, The Dux Team

Good product so far

Gas Hot Water Heater is holding up well since installation in January 2018 with no major issues so far. Having said this, I wouldn't expect issues to arise after one year but so far it's doing well.

Purchased in January 2018.

Heating Speed
Hi Van, Thank you so much for your great review. We are incredibly grateful that you took time out to leave the review!! Our team is always here for you anytime. Regards, The Dux Team

Terrible hot water system

Wish there was -1 to rate this useless product. Had so many issues with this hot water system. With a toddler in the house, this is the worst nightmare in winter days. Spent multiple repair costs on parts and almost looking like the issues never go away. Dux service has been next to nothing.

It can’t provide basic demand. Forget extended usage
Th pilot light goes off all the time. Every plumber who walked in to repair said how bad the system is as a whole.

Purchased in May 2015.

Household Size 2 person(s)
Hi Msairajesh, We are genuinely sorry this happened and look forward to resolving with you. So we can locate your details easier, can you email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can sort this out for you. Best Regards, The Dux TeamSent you all the details you need. FYI, I had to call in a plumber again to get it working. Another hole in the pocket.

Excellent hot water

Cannot fault the installation,supply and performance of my unit.Only had it installed March 2019.No problems whatsoever as you would expect,being so new.I would expect 10 years minimum just like my previous gas hot water unit.Dux have a good reputation so any problems would be dealt with promptly I would imagine.I purchased through Bunnings and had no problems,they were very good to deal with.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,747.00.

Heating Speed
Hi Lochie, Thank you for taking time to leave an excellent review. We do appreciate your business. Could you email through your phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can arrange a special thank you? Cheers, The Dux Team

Enjoying excellent hot showers

Cannot fault the installation, supply and performance of my new hot water system. Only had it installed early March 2019, early days yet and would not expect any problems now or in the future. I look forward to many years of good reliable hot water as I’ve had in the past 10 years with my previous unit. Had a positive experience dealing with Bunnings.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,747.00.

Heating Speed
Hi Lochie, Reading your review made our day! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are incredibly grateful that you took time out to leave the review!! All the best, The Dux Team

Very hot water and quick and efficent

It copes well. No temperature fluctuation. Much better than my old system. No more waiting. I can have water for my bath and hot water for washing dishes and clothes at the same time.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Heating Speed
Hi Yew Har, Thank you so much for your great review. We totally value you being our loyal customer and helping to share the word about us. All the best, The Dux Team

Good product, previous unit was installed in 2008/ New one installed 2/5/18 how good is that for long term service

Only 2 people in the house and the unit copes well , when the family 2 off come to stay do not have to wait for the unit to heat up it supplies adequate water and at the right temperature for 4 if required.

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Heating Speed
Hi Trevor, We're so happy to hear that from you. Thank you so much for taking time to share your positive feedback. Regards, The Dux Team

Keeping it hot

Overall I have been happy with the system. We purchased the system through the Bunnings service and overall the process was very simple. We had some issues with gas (haha) but Dux and the installers have been excellent in following up an issues.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,899.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
Smells of GasYes
Heating Speed
Hi Paul, You're the best! Thank you again for sharing such a positive experience. It means a lot to us. Best regards, The Dux Team

Happiness is hot water

Cannot fault the supply, installation and performance of our new hot water system. We are retirees, so only 2 of us, but recently had the family home to stay, lots of extra showers and no problems with the extra demand. Hot water always. Very happy!

Purchased in June 2018.

Hi Jenny, Reading your review made our day! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an excellent review. We are incredibly grateful that you took time out to leave the review!! Could you email through your phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can arrange a special thank you? Cheers, The Dux Team

Good product, been working ok after installed

Good product, been working ok after installed.
Came back from holiday, turned off itself a few times but stable use after.
Love how quickly the turnaround time to arrange someone to connect the hot water system and the follow up

Purchased in May 2018.

Heating Speed
Hi Minh, Thank you so much for your great review. Our team is always here for you anytime. Please email us at help@dux.com.au if we can help for you in the future. Cheers, The Dux Team

We have DUX gas water since 1999

We are a family of 4 and the unit served us really well. I loved my Dux.
Bough them from bunnings including installations for less than $1500.00
They deliver and install the unit in 2 working days.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,435.00.

Household Size 4 person(s)
Heating Speed
Hi Cecille, You're the best! Thank you again for sharing such a positive experience. It means a lot to us. All the best, The Dux Team

Dux Prodigy 5 135 litre

The previous system was also Dux and lasted for 20+ years.

Pros:
-The installation was easy and flexible as there is one water inlet on either side.
-It is well capable and can warm up the water to a much higher degree than I normally like to use.

Cons:
-The pilot flame has gone out twice during particularly strong storms (Heavy wind and rain). Relighting it under same said conditions is never a pleasure. This is the main reason for giving three stars.
-The relighting procedure printed on the tank is slightly misleading as the selector knob does not need to be depressed all the way into the control housing as the drawing will have you believe.

The heating speed is not great, but have in mind that it is a five star energy rated system. The energy efficiency comes at a cost.

I am a little concerned after reading the other reviews and will keep an eye out for leaks and burned insulation.

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,200.00.

Heating Speed
Hi KosPilot, We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our team would like to resolve this for you. If you can email through your name, phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au we would greatly appreciate it. Best Regards, The Dux TeamHi KosPilot, Thanks for sending through your details and the feedback. Please let us know if you have ongoing issues via email to help@dux.com.au, we'd be happy to help. Regards, The Dux Team

Glad to have stayed with Dux. I made the right decision.

The unit was installed quickly and easily, it is of durable solid build, there is no maintenance required, it reheats fast, there are no water pressure issues. Dux has been my choice for decades.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)
Heating Speed
Hi Franc, Thank you for taking time to leave an excellent review. We do appreciate your business. Could you email through your phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can arrange a special thank you? Regards, The Dux Team

Replaced Rheem Stellar to Dux Prodigy 5

Was installed very fast, following day actually,
Unit is operating perfectly for our family of 4, Our independant installer recommend Dux , Australia's largest hot water manafacturer,
Where very happy so far and look forward to many years of trouble free service

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,616.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Heating Speed
Hi Tony, You're the best! Thank you again for sharing such a positive experience. It means a lot to us. Regards, The Dux Team

This unit has been wonderful.

I have had no issue with this unit. Water temp and flow have been very good. I previously had a dux gas 3 and that unit lasted 16 years odd.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Sunbury.

Heating Speed
Hi Cheryl, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an excellent review. Could you email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can arrange a special thank you? Best regards, The Dux TeamCheryl Innes 88 Sorbonne Drive, Sunbury Vic 3429 0409258025 The unit is installed where original one was. Side of house. S/N 19011545005H

Leaking and only 7 months out of warranty

Luckily we have a plumber in our family who purchased us this hot water heater in a hurry at mates rates back in the middle of winter in August 2011. Has worked perfectly until recently where a small leak of water running onto the ground below the unit has become larger and larger. The tank is leaking. It is also condensing inside the unit. (luckily it's gas not electric). The unit still produces hot water for the time being but could fail at any time. Tank has a 7 year warranty, and just a few months out of warranty it fails... This is poor form. Will not be buying a Dux replacement. Instead we will buy a quality product. I would expect a capital item like this to last at least 10 years. The hot water service in place prior to this one was 40 years old.

Purchased in August 2011.

Heating Speed
Hi Brenda, We understand your disappointment and agree that this is not acceptable. So we can locate your details easier can you email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au? Regards, The Dux TeamHi Brenda, Sorry we weren't able to help you as you have already replaced the unit. Regards, The Dux TeamThanks for offering to help. It would have been nice but things like this that are getting worse over time need dealing with ASAP.

Poor quality product and service.

My three year old Dux Prodigy 5 star hot water tank pilot light keeps going out. Also the foam around the lower part of tank has been burnt.

I called Dux and was told not to worry about it as it's still safe' snd just restart the pilot light. I had trouble getting it restarted so called a plumber. The plumber said there had been a fire and the foam around the tank has been burnt. He was able to eventually restart it. He mentioned that a valve can malfunction which can cause this issue.

I called Dux again and no real assistance.
I advised them the pilot light keeps going out. Sometimes I can relight it some time I can't. I was just brushed off. So I had to ring another plumber to come out after hours as I could smell something burning from with hot water system. Plumber came out could see damage advised me to contact Dux.

I have also sent an email and phoned Dux again. This time I was given a number to a plumber who is familiar with their units. The plumber advised that there will be a $130 call out fee plus labour time. I have already spent over $330.00 on this unit.

Dux provides extremely poor quality service and product.

Update: I received a call from Dux and they have arranged for a replacement free of charge, including labour costs. Fingers crossed this unit doesn't have any issues in three years time.

Purchased in June 2015 for $1,442.10.

Terrible false warranty

I brought two 1 for my rental property broke after 3 years of service. I previously had a Rheem which lasted me 10 years. It only broke because of a tank issue so I expected the DUX to last me until the tank warranty.
The gas keeps cutting off
I called the plumber wanted to charge more than a new one.. thermostat and the lighting plot . Really Disappointed with Bunnings and will avoid them when I can
I will never buy another Duxs product again
Warranty on the box is a joke

Purchased in August 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,495.00.

Heating Speed
Duxs send out a plumber this morning after writing this review fix it within minutes all they did was Adjust a valve It wasn't a part problem it was adjusting of a valve .

Replacement hot water system

I bought this boiler as it was a direct replacement to my old system the old system lasted 17 years with no maintenance or issues the new unit seems as good at the moment

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,500.00.

Heating Speed
Hi Richard, Thank you so much for your great review. We totally value you being our loyal customer and helping to share the word about us. Our team is always here for you anytime. Should you have any concerns, just email us at help@dux.com.au. Cheers, The Dux Team

Pilot light

Doesn’t do water hot enoughWhat a joke I had to relight pilot 200 time in last 2 days now I have no idea that should I spand money to repair as I read comments and reviews on site

Purchased in April 2015.

Heating Speed
Hi Jeet, We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our team would like to resolve this for you. If you can email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au we would greatly appreciate it. Regards, The Dux TeamJeet Nehra 0404488179 jnehra21@gmail.comHi Jeet, Not sure if you got the message but we've tried to contact you with an offer to fix the issue. Can you let us know if there is still an issue and if there is an ideal time of day to speak with you? Regards, The Dux Team P.S Just for privacy, I suggest you delete your phone number and email address from the productreview comment above.

Reading all the reviews I think there must be something wrong with this product. Ours (170D5N) was installed Jan 2016 and about 3 weeks ago the fire was out and we could not start it up again, the pilot light kept going out when we released the button. Called Dux service and full warranty only last for 1 year, so we called our own plumber and changed the thermal couple so it can be started but the problem is not solved. At least once a week the heater is out since then. As the 10 year warranty only covers the tank and I am not sure the fire goes out because of a leakage in the tank as I don’t see any water at the bottom. I hesitate to get Dux to send their plumber to check because we will have to pay if it is not the tank, and even if is the the tank, Dux will give a new unit but we still have to pay for installation. The heater is only 3 years old and already got problem? And so many similar cases in this review site alone, don’t you think there is something wrong with the product? Very disappointed and really think we should have bought our previous brand instead as it lasted for 14 years...
Wai C I wrote an email to Dux explaining my issues, foam beinhg burnt twice and pilot light continuously going out and explained how much it had cost me. Dux contacted me and decided they will replace the unit free of charge. I also contacted my house insurance. I feel there is something wrong with the models which are aroind the three to four year age. It is the responsibility of Dux to do a recall. But by the looks of it they will not. My brother's Dux unit's pilot light kept going out too. He had to arrange another unit purchase. It wasn't a Dux. I be honest I feel nervous about having my unit replaced with another Dux. I am hoping there isn't going to be any issues with the new replacement.Hi Wai, We are sorry to hear about your experience and we would like to resolve this issue for you. So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, phone number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and resolve it for you? Regards, The Dux TeamHi Wai, Thanks for sending through your details. We've tried calling you and left a message but haven't been able to reach you. Can you let us know if there is still an issue and if there is an ideal time of day to speak with you? Regards, The Dux Team

Hi, My pilot light goes out continually. I've discovered that the flu damper might not be opening due to the orange low powered flame. Can the damper be jammed open and for how long. The damper is loose and appears not to be connected to the side mechanism. Can this be fixed? Cheers Clive
Hi Clive.....Been away for a few days. Dux were not interested at all !!! I got a plumber today...he opened the top and showed me a flap that barely opened. He removed the flap and all seems to be working ok. he said the 5 star rated heaters have this flap....the 4 star rated dont have them....so now my heater works at 4 star level. I will have to take his word for it. Cost me $126. Cheers JackI have not had any issue at all with my new Dux. It was only installed in December 2018. If I did, I would contact Dux and insist on them fixing the problem. If your unit is out of warranty, I don't know if they have any obligation to rectify the problem. A plumber is probably the only option. Les DHi Clive, Sorry for any delays, we are back on deck after the Holiday break and will get back to you asap. Best Regards, The Dux Team

Bought my Dux prodigy 5 135 liter hot water system in May 2015. Now I find there is steam coming out from the top. Called a service technician, he changed the anode, and hot and cold water pressure taps. There was also water dripping from inside the unit. The dripping stopped for a while and there was no more steam until 24 hrs later I hear dripping and the pilot light keeps going out. Well the problem is the flue damper is stuffed and does not open. the flame for heating was as flat as a pancake, when I manually opened the flue the flame rounded the way it is supposed to be, the dripping was moisture build up because the flue would not open when the heater was heating. I am not happy for 3 years and its proving to be a problem. what make this worse is i lost my job in dec 2017 and I'm still unemployed and i wont be able to buy another heater. Dux water heater. How do i get rid of the steam?

Similar listings