Electrolux EDC2086GDW

Electrolux EDC2086GDW

MPN: EDC2086GDW

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

When you've just done the laundry, a warm sunny day is perfect. But what if it's raining for days? Your lovely clean clothes might stay wet for just as long. A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you're interested in a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or maybe no dryer at all, this guide has all the handy dryer tips and info.

Read now

1.7

BrianVee

BrianVeeSydney, NSW

Not fit for purpose

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for A$744.00.

abc123xyz

abc123xyz

Avoid Electrolux

Purchased dryer 2.5 years ago. Stopped working. Called Electolux for service. Hopeless. Technician didn't have required part ($30 drive belt). Said we would have to wait a week to get it from Adelaide. Then longer to install. Yep, just do without your relatively new dryer for 7-10 days while we get our act together. It isn't the first time we have had problems with Electrolux service. Wont give them another chance.

Purchased in December 2017 at Appliances Online for A$699.00.

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

It’s good

Surprised by all these bad reviews! We’ve had ours for 3+ years and never had an issue. Dries clothes and removes lint. I am wondering if others are taking their cloths out before the dryer is completely finished. It does beep as if it’s finished toward the end of the cycle, then intermittently cycle cool air to remove condensation build up from the hot cycle.

Purchased in December 2016 at Harvey Norman.

Robert R.

Robert R.Hunter Region, NSW

White box that spins clothes

As a dryer, it does one thing well.
Spins clothes.
As for drying, well it forgets that part.
Had for 26 months maybe had a couple of surprise dry loads that's it.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$679.00.

scp

scpSouth West, WA

Frustrating

I purchased this dryer as it matched my washing machine. If only I had read reviews beforehand. No matter what setting I put it on my clothes do not come out completely dry!
And when you put your own time setting on the sensors still override it that they are dry when clearly they are not. Do not buy this dryer. What comeback do we have Electrolux as it’s an expensive dryer that does not do its job

The most frustrating drying machine ever

Having cleaned the filters and condensers many times following the instructions your clothes come out wet or damp. This machine with all its fancy buttons and gadgets requires to operate under one simple command HOT. If anybody knows how to find the combination that allows this happen I'd be very grateful

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$686.00.

Paul

PaulGippsland, VIC

if it does not dry it's not a dryer

I have had the dryer for aprox two months. The first load I put thru came out damp so read the manual changed settings for the sensor, still did not dry. Separated cloths into similiar materials still damp. It just does not dry, so how can it be called a dryer. How did this get thru product development. When winter comes I will have to buy another dryer. not happy Jan.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$600.00.

Deanna

DeannaPerth, WA

Useless - would never buy another one

Have tried dryer with all different types of clothes and towels on all different cycles. Clothes always come out damp, even when you redo again and again. If you leave clothes in dryer you come home from work with clothes smelling mouldy and needing to be rewarded. Only had dryer for just over 2 years. Waste of time and money. One star is generous!

ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux

Not built to last, extended warranty a must

Worked well when it actually worked. Luckily we had extended warranty though, you will definitely need this. Ours only lasted 4 years before it died completely and was replaced. Extended warranty saved us the cost of 2 service calls with repairs plus the complete replacement, we would have been out of pocket around $1,500 otherwise.
Electrolux after care service is terrible as well. This brand and model is not recommended at all

Toni100Shark Bay

Rubbish walk away

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Toni100

I have called 4 times and have not received one reply from electrolux/denise. You really don't wish to talk to customers and fix the issue.

Mark

MarkNortheast, VIC

Not the greatest Dryer but a lot more energy efficient than our old conventional dryer

Was sold a dryer that could solve all of the worlds problems and dry my clothes better than the old element dryer we used to have.
Fail!!!

I should have known better. What every one needs to know is a condenser dryer will dry your clothes to about 98% and use next to nothing in energy consumption. as apposed to the old element dryers that were a fire risk and cooked the clothes.

Slight learning curve but now i like the machine.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

Jamie F.

Jamie F.Perth, WA

Great

This clothes dryer is great i have had no problems with mine at all i use it every day amd it dryes my clothing great and removes all the fluff

Purchased in September 2018 for A$600.00.

Mandy L

Mandy LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Faulty rubbish

This machine has never worked properly can take up to 4 hours to dry 2 towels queen sheet set always bundles up and now it turns off after 5 minutes of running

Purchased in June 2017 for A$769.00.

Noise Level

You’ve got to be joking!

Purchased in May 2019.

NadiaF

NadiaFMurray Region, NSW

Ok value

Broke down in the forst12 monthsjust out of warranty... the company actually fixed it free and hasn't missed a beat since then... the dryer stops when the clothes are dry...

Purchased in June 2017 at Betta electrical for A$600.00.

CruiserSydney

Like it, don’t love it.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Will do

Mussels

MusselsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Day old, barely works

Taken 8 hours to leave a single blanket damp and moist.
It spins, it heats up, but its sensor stops early every time before things are actually dry

Todays day 2, and it hasn't behaved any better at all. I'm returning it tomorrow for a full refund and wish i'd found the reviews here before purchasing.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Wendy J

Wendy JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nothing dry, definitely wouldn't recommend :(

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Keight

KeightWhangarei

The worst!

This dryer is so bad, it's been taking hours to dry a double duvet OUTER and 2 pillow cases it's an absolute joke! Been switching settings and it keeps stopping and beeping and it doesn't dry anything! Will be taking it back tomorrow it is a piece of crap. Thought we would be safe with Electrolux but no.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Jen

Water leaking & heat now compromised

After looking on the web for answers, I now find myself so frustrated. Emailed Electrolux over a week ago and no reply. Water leaking on the floor everywhere. I have bought an Electrolux dual door fridge only to find the handle on the freezer draw constantly comes off in your hand. Have a front loading Electrolux washing machine that has recently had a faulty part and it was quicker to pay for a repairer to come out rather than wait an eternity for Electrolux to call. Called and left 2 messages, no reply. Common theme here. OFT, here I come and Im not happy!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Jen

And still no response after reaching out to customercare@electrolux.com.au

Shame on you Electrolux....

Khadijah Abdullah R.

Khadijah Abdullah R.asked

Where can I purchase the belting?

R.M.

R.M.asked

We unplugged the Dryer to paint our laundry. A week later we plugged it back in and it came up with and error code: EH0. This means interrupted power supply so we tried a different power point. Still got the same error code. Can someone tell me whether we should order a new part? It is just out of it's 2 year warranty - bought in July 2016 :(

Eddy

Eddyasked

We have a EDC2086GDW dryer that was a warranty replacement when our previous model faulted when in extended warranty, now this unit has faulted with EH0 we have tried several times powering the unit down but to no avail.I am affraid my confidence in electrolux products has sunk to a very low level.It took nearly four months for the original replacement to arrive, now another failure. Any help?

Leroy
Leroy

Unfortunately the EHO error spelled the end for our machine. Luckily, replaced under extended warranty, upgraded to a Bosch this time as Electrolux only seem to make products that barely last beyond manufacturers warranty

Get an answer from our members and Electrolux representatives