MPN: EDC2086GDW

Not built to last, extended warranty a must

Worked well when it actually worked. Luckily we had extended warranty though, you will definitely need this. Ours only lasted 4 years before it died completely and was replaced. Extended warranty saved us the cost of 2 service calls with repairs plus the complete replacement, we would have been out of pocket around $1,500 otherwise.
Electrolux after care service is terrible as well. This brand and model is not recommended at all

Dear Leroy, Zaida from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Zaida. Ticket Number 1079811. Thank you.

Rubbish walk away

I brought this dryer as the sales person recommended it for the size and the fact I wouldn’t have damp walls or floors. It’s pretty good on power because frankly my clothes, towels, linens aren’t dry! I mean 1 hour 59 minutes for a small load in extra dry cotton, the longest and hottest setting apart from a duvet setting, is crazy that nothing is dry. Now how do
You make it dry! You can’t just reset the timer, because the sensors say it’s dry. I know dogs are saying it feels damp and take it out, wait a bit and it’s definitely dry. I can guarantee you that those towels are wet still. Spoke to Electrolux and they chatted me trough the CO_ setting for adjustment mode, tick done, is it better nope. So what NOW. How do I turn on a machine that keeps turning off saying the clothes are dry when they’re clearly not. Nov happy with this machine, lots of fancy settings but none dry totally. Only ever use extra dry, may as well just have extra dry and pay for a basic Machine because other than collecting condensed water that’s it’s best asset. Rubbish. Stay clear!!!

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Noise Level
Hi Toni Denise from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your dryer. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with dryer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Denise Ticket 1074117 Thanks DeniseI have called 4 times and have not received one reply from electrolux/denise. You really don't wish to talk to customers and fix the issue.

Not the greatest Dryer but a lot more energy efficient than our old conventional dryer

Was sold a dryer that could solve all of the worlds problems and dry my clothes better than the old element dryer we used to have.
Fail!!!

I should have known better. What every one needs to know is a condenser dryer will dry your clothes to about 98% and use next to nothing in energy consumption. as apposed to the old element dryers that were a fire risk and cooked the clothes.

Slight learning curve but now i like the machine.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

Great

This clothes dryer is great i have had no problems with mine at all i use it every day amd it dryes my clothing great and removes all the fluff

Purchased in September 2018 for $600.00.

Faulty rubbish

This machine has never worked properly can take up to 4 hours to dry 2 towels queen sheet set always bundles up and now it turns off after 5 minutes of running

Purchased in June 2017 for $769.00.

Noise Level

You’ve got to be joking!

I should have read all the reviews before I purchased. I wouldn’t have gone near this machine if I had. What an absolute joke. I first tested it out on a small load, about a 1/4 load and after an hour and a half it was still wet, so then put it in extra dry for another two hours and finally dry but not 100%. So tried my cotton bed sheets today, again, not a full load, and after 3 hours they are still not dry but the machine says they are dry so won’t continue to dry. So I wonder how long would it take to actually take to dry a full load, 6 hours I’m guessing. I bought the 8kg because I needed that size load for our family thinking, brand new machine, Electrolux has been around a long time, I should be right. And from the reviews it’s not just me and it’s not a faulty machine, it’s clearly a design fault. When we called the store, the guy said ‘oh no they won’t be dry, they’ll be dry enough to hang up and finish drying’ ..... I’m what the??!?!?! I bought a dryer to dry clothes not to create more work for me and create massive power bills. If I’m using the hottest setting too, what on earth are the other 13 useless settings for?
So it looks like I’ll be taking my washing to the laundromat to dry as it only takes 40 mins there.
Electrolux should be embarrassed and admit the machine is a big design fail and take it off the market.

Purchased in May 2019.

Ok value

Broke down in the forst12 monthsjust out of warranty... the company actually fixed it free and hasn't missed a beat since then... the dryer stops when the clothes are dry...

Purchased in June 2017 at Betta electrical for $600.00.

Like it, don’t love it.

So, this is a dryer you need to get used to if you have moved from a standard front venting dryer. We had a Hoover for 16 years, never took longer than 90 mins to dry an entire load, never had to think about sorting loads etc. However, with this dryer you do need to sort, not just into cottons or synthetics or wool, but also size and weight. You cannot put anymore than 3.5kg of synthetics in, or 8kg of cottons. I have found the sensors for me, are too sensitive. If I dry a load of towels, I expect to be able to put in the towels, bath mats and hand towels and for them all to come out dry at the end. To get them dry they have to be done on cotton extra dry, the hottest setting, which takes 1hr50 mins. (Old dryer, 90mins). However I find that sometimes the smaller item will be dry, and the largest not quite dry, which im not thrilled about.

I’ve also found that when you take stuff out, they often feel damp, but if you shake them and separate everything out, a few minutes later they will often be dry. I assume there’s is a lot of humidity inside the dryer, since that is how it works, to pull the water out of the clothes.

I have adjusted the settings CO_1 for the driest setting, but I’m still not happy. I have called Eectrolux who told me to do smaller loads of similar size items, and two two loads. So instead of a 90min dry on my old machine, it will take over 4 hours on this one. Not so good for energy consumption. The reason we bought this dryer and not the $200 cheaper front venting Electrolux was because this one was bigger, so we wrongly assumed we could dry a larger load. The only thing I do like is the air that comes out is dry not humid, so no wet laundry floor and walls.

One thing we’ve been unable to work out is how to finish drying a load that’s been hung outside and isn’t dry. We’ve tried putting half dry loads in the machine, on extra dry cotton, and it turns itself off after 5 mins. We’ve tried putting the same load on 30 mins time dry, 3 times in a row and it’s still not dry. So I’m not sure what else to do. I want to like this dryer, I really do. But if it continues to not dry clothes, I’m going to insist Harvey Norman take it back and give me a part refund and provide me with the front vent dryer. Another thing, don’t bother with the product extra care form Harvey Norman, there’s a considerably cheaper warranty extension available from Electrolux in the booklet that comes with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Cruiser, Tania from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Electrolux condenser dryer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, TaniaWill do

Day old, barely works

Taken 8 hours to leave a single blanket damp and moist.
It spins, it heats up, but its sensor stops early every time before things are actually dry

Todays day 2, and it hasn't behaved any better at all. I'm returning it tomorrow for a full refund and wish i'd found the reviews here before purchasing.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Nothing dry, definitely wouldn't recommend :(

We bought this dryer early July, was not working right from day one. I thought I'd set up the sensitivity for the condenser incorrectly (you have to set the water hardness for your area) but when I contacted Electrolux the woman went through it with me and confirmed it was correct. They sent out a technician the following week who tested the machine and found the main control board wasn't sending power to the elements so the dryer wasn't heating correctly. As the machine was so new Electrolux agreed to exchange it, instead of repairing. I received the replacement a few days later and all seemed good the first two times I used it. The next time I needed it was about a week later, I tried to dry a set of sheets but found they just wrapped themselves up in a tight ball, I had to open the dryer several times to untangle them, then at the end of the cycle found they were still damp and I had to hang them up to finish drying. I tried a couple more loads of clothing but to no avail, everything came out damp no matter what setting/cycle I used. I contacted Electrolux again, to be told by the woman on the phone that if I wanted my clothing dry I was supposed to use the extra dry cycle followed by the 30 minute time dry cycle. When I told her I thought that was a little unreasonable she agreed to send the same technician back. The technician tested the second dryer and it proved to have exactly the same fault as the first, he again recommended a change over of the product. We went back to the store where we had made the initial purchase, spoke to the sales manager and decided to change to a different brand. We have only had our new machine for a couple of days, but so far I'm thrilled with it, it does everything as advertised and my sheets don't tangle! There's no way we'd go back to another Electrolux, sadly I wouldn't recommend them at all.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

The worst!

This dryer is so bad, it's been taking hours to dry a double duvet OUTER and 2 pillow cases it's an absolute joke! Been switching settings and it keeps stopping and beeping and it doesn't dry anything! Will be taking it back tomorrow it is a piece of crap. Thought we would be safe with Electrolux but no.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Water leaking & heat now compromised

After looking on the web for answers, I now find myself so frustrated. Emailed Electrolux over a week ago and no reply. Water leaking on the floor everywhere. I have bought an Electrolux dual door fridge only to find the handle on the freezer draw constantly comes off in your hand. Have a front loading Electrolux washing machine that has recently had a faulty part and it was quicker to pay for a repairer to come out rather than wait an eternity for Electrolux to call. Called and left 2 messages, no reply. Common theme here. OFT, here I come and Im not happy!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana with Ticket number 479542. Thanks RumanaAnd still no response after reaching out to customercare@electrolux.com.au Shame on you Electrolux....

Ripped offff!!!!

This machine is a tin box , with a drum fitted inside that goes round and round.
That's all it does .Not Happy Jan .....
Reading all the reviews you would think
The company would recall all machines
Because it seem like one out of 100
Might actually perform and do the job it was designed to do .

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Kharma, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Electrolux EDC2086GDW. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie. Thanks, Leslie

Recall All Dryer Models Asap! Design Fault!

I just want to confirm all the bad reviews. They are true! Bought this dryer 2 days ago from Harvey Norman. Have attempted 5 loads (from towels to clothes). Once you press start on any cycle (38min - 120min) the dryer only operates for about 5-10 minutes, then the auto sensor switches the cycle off as it detects that the load is dry. But guess what? The clothes are still 50% wet!!! The auto sensor core design is faulty. This is a design fault. They should RECALL every last ELECTROLUX DRYER. Im getting a refund today. Do not buy this.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi varsityrecords1 Marina from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the regarding your Electrolux dryer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina. Thanks, Marina

Does its job efficiently

I use this dryer regularly and have zero complaints. It has different drying times for silk/cotton/delicates and so on. The built-in condenser ensures that I do not have to open the doors and windows when using this dryer, unlike conventional dryers. It can accommodate upto 8kgs of clothes and is quite reasonably priced.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Absolute Crap

This dryer is rubbish. I have just tried to dry 2 x single bed sheet sets and it has taken over 2.5hrs. What a joke. Washing continually comes out ramp and I've had this machine less than 2 months. After it's 1st use it still hasn't improved. Just like everyone else it seems I'm having the same problem. Should of keep my dryer that was 8 years old. At least it did the job of drying items. Will be contacting store and Electrolux.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Beth, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Electrolux EDC2086GDW. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie. Thanks, Leslie

Clothes are drying !!

I have had my dryer over 12months this is the condenser model ( not heat pump) and is edc2086. I nearly didn’t purchase based on reviews at the time but after reading reviews the key outtake on was to ensure the water conductivity setting is set to the correct setting to ensure the sensor does not cut off to early. The dryer was set to a default setting and this was not the optimum setting for soft water supplies that Sydney has. The instructions mention this so it’s important that you change the setting otherwise the sensor will cut the dryer off early. I genuinely have had zero issues with getting a great dry result and within good timing. I love the large capacity and the easy controls. The fact that it doesn’t through moisture into the room is the main purchase reason and it is great . I had had a traditional vented dryer before this. I normally use the most loads. For those having a problem with the clothes being to damp ..check page 12 of the instruction book..point 8.3 “ Adjustment of the remaining laundrymoisture degree “ it details how to change the setting to maximum dry laundry rather than standard . Give that a go.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Clothes not drying

I purchased this product from Harvey Norman approx 15 days ago. I am having the same problem as everyone else, the issue is that the clothes in my dryer is absolutely damp and can't dry them no matter what setting you put them on. It can take a whole day for the clothes to dry. I will be calling Harvery Norman after seeing everyone elses reviews & they can come and get their over priced machine. This is not a dryer its a joke. Should be recalled, esp at the ridiculous price we paid for it. I thought it would save us time not create another nightmare. Don't purchase

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Deb, Linda from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your dryer If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda Thanks,

What a time waster!

We have only had this dryer for 5 days and already it is a nightmare. We are having to put loads of sheets and towels on for two cycles on the highest setting to get them dried. We empty all the little draws and fluff collectors after every cycle. I used to be able to wash, dry and iron two sets of queen size bed sheets in one day, it now has to be spread over two days! I just don't have the time to keep monitoring the dryer. We used to just pop the load in our old dryer and hey presto it was dry when in started to sing its little finished song! This stupid one has to be constantly paid attention. Harvey Norman is next on my list of people to call, I will be asking for it to be returned and replaced with a different brand. What a shocker and absolute time waster. I have only given it one star as you cannot leave the stars blank!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Sarah, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Electrolux EDC2086GDW. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie. Thanks, Leslie

Terrible clothes are not drying

I am having the same problem as everyone else, the issue is that the clothes in my dryer is absolutely damp and can't dry them no matter what setting you put them on. I had just purchased this product as I have the washing machine as well. I brought this product from Harvey Norman and now have to wait for a service person to come out, to fix this problem. Should be recalled.

Recieved refund. Service person said needed new mother board.

Date PurchasedSep 2017