Electrolux EDC2086GDW

Electrolux EDC2086GDW

MPN: EDC2086GDW

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1.7

Roger
Rogerperth

Do not get in that trap !!Dryer that does not dry

Condenser /Dryer not actually drying clothes . Very disappointed and disgusted dealing with Goodguys and Electrolux . I would not recommend at all .Worst thing I have ever bought in my life , it is a rip off and now we wonder why the salesman from Goodguys changed our mind and sold us that one . learnt my lesson .

What a lot of non sense , even the technician attending was like mate not these ones , the are not good at all . A product that should be removed from the market completed . And Stupid process call them 5 times for the same thing , they have to send a technician for assessment .. same issue is assessed I am not sure how many times ........ Absolute joke !!

Please do not buy this you will regret it I would not wish it upon anyone

Purchased in October 2019 at Goodguys for $795.00.

Sarah Pratt
Sarah Pratt

This is the worst dryer I have ever had

This dryer is impossible. Not only can I never set it to maximum heat for some unknown reason. Everything comes out slightly damp and can smell. You then have to dry the clothes twice clearly wasting energy. I have had the dryer 2 months and I would like a full refund and the item collected. Worthy of the tip in all honesty

Purchased in January 2021 at Mitre 10.

Dave B
Dave BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not buy this. It is NOT a dryer.

What an absolute joke. 2 years now with this overpriced heap of rubbish and my clothes still NEVER come out dry after the max 2 1/2hrs (even though this is what Electrolux have said - it will be slightly damp but you shake the clothes and let the air dry for the last 10 or so minutes for full effect...like, what’s the point?!).
I’ve listened, researched and changed settings and still - worst machine I’ve ever bought. Do not buy this. I’ve given up and am looking for a cheap power-chewing, don’t-spare-the-horses DRYER.

Purchased in January 2018 for $800.00.

BrianVee
BrianVeeSydney, NSW

Not fit for purpose

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $744.00.

abc123xyz
abc123xyz

Avoid Electrolux

Purchased dryer 2.5 years ago. Stopped working. Called Electolux for service. Hopeless. Technician didn't have required part ($30 drive belt). Said we would have to wait a week to get it from Adelaide. Then longer to install. Yep, just do without your relatively new dryer for 7-10 days while we get our act together. It isn't the first time we have had problems with Electrolux service. Wont give them another chance.

Purchased in December 2017 at Appliances Online for $699.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Ben
BenSydney, NSW

It’s good

Surprised by all these bad reviews! We’ve had ours for 3+ years and never had an issue. Dries clothes and removes lint. I am wondering if others are taking their cloths out before the dryer is completely finished. It does beep as if it’s finished toward the end of the cycle, then intermittently cycle cool air to remove condensation build up from the hot cycle.

Purchased in December 2016 at Harvey Norman.

Robert R.
Robert R.Hunter Region, NSW

White box that spins clothes

As a dryer, it does one thing well.
Spins clothes.
As for drying, well it forgets that part.
Had for 26 months maybe had a couple of surprise dry loads that's it.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $679.00.

scp
scpSouth West, WA

Frustrating

I purchased this dryer as it matched my washing machine. If only I had read reviews beforehand. No matter what setting I put it on my clothes do not come out completely dry!
And when you put your own time setting on the sensors still override it that they are dry when clearly they are not. Do not buy this dryer. What comeback do we have Electrolux as it’s an expensive dryer that does not do its job

The most frustrating drying machine ever

Having cleaned the filters and condensers many times following the instructions your clothes come out wet or damp. This machine with all its fancy buttons and gadgets requires to operate under one simple command HOT. If anybody knows how to find the combination that allows this happen I'd be very grateful

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $686.00.

Paul
PaulGippsland, VIC

if it does not dry it's not a dryer

I have had the dryer for aprox two months. The first load I put thru came out damp so read the manual changed settings for the sensor, still did not dry. Separated cloths into similiar materials still damp. It just does not dry, so how can it be called a dryer. How did this get thru product development. When winter comes I will have to buy another dryer. not happy Jan.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Deanna
DeannaPerth, WA

Useless - would never buy another one

Have tried dryer with all different types of clothes and towels on all different cycles. Clothes always come out damp, even when you redo again and again. If you leave clothes in dryer you come home from work with clothes smelling mouldy and needing to be rewarded. Only had dryer for just over 2 years. Waste of time and money. One star is generous!

ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux

Not built to last, extended warranty a must

Worked well when it actually worked. Luckily we had extended warranty though, you will definitely need this. Ours only lasted 4 years before it died completely and was replaced. Extended warranty saved us the cost of 2 service calls with repairs plus the complete replacement, we would have been out of pocket around $1,500 otherwise.
Electrolux after care service is terrible as well. This brand and model is not recommended at all

Toni100Shark Bay

Rubbish walk away

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Toni100

I have called 4 times and have not received one reply from electrolux/denise. You really don't wish to talk to customers and fix the issue.

Mark
MarkNortheast, VIC

Not the greatest Dryer but a lot more energy efficient than our old conventional dryer

Was sold a dryer that could solve all of the worlds problems and dry my clothes better than the old element dryer we used to have.
Fail!!!

I should have known better. What every one needs to know is a condenser dryer will dry your clothes to about 98% and use next to nothing in energy consumption. as apposed to the old element dryers that were a fire risk and cooked the clothes.

Slight learning curve but now i like the machine.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

Jamie F.
Jamie F.Perth, WA

Great

This clothes dryer is great i have had no problems with mine at all i use it every day amd it dryes my clothing great and removes all the fluff

Purchased in September 2018 for $600.00.

Khadijah Abdullah R.
Khadijah Abdullah R.asked

Where can I purchase the belting?

R.M.
R.M.asked

We unplugged the Dryer to paint our laundry. A week later we plugged it back in and it came up with and error code: EH0. This means interrupted power supply so we tried a different power point. Still got the same error code. Can someone tell me whether we should order a new part? It is just out of it's 2 year warranty - bought in July 2016 :(

Eddy
Eddyasked

We have a EDC2086GDW dryer that was a warranty replacement when our previous model faulted when in extended warranty, now this unit has faulted with EH0 we have tried several times powering the unit down but to no avail.I am affraid my confidence in electrolux products has sunk to a very low level.It took nearly four months for the original replacement to arrive, now another failure. Any help?

Leroy
Leroy

Unfortunately the EHO error spelled the end for our machine. Luckily, replaced under extended warranty, upgraded to a Bosch this time as Electrolux only seem to make products that barely last beyond manufacturers warranty

See all Electrolux EDC2086GDW questions

Get an answer from our members and Electrolux representatives

CategoryCondenser Clothes Dryers