Electrolux EHI935BA

2.1

RonB22999

RonB22999South East Queensland, QLD

Glass

Would you wonder it will crack or break if a heavy object is dropped on it ? We have had two over 12 years,,,dropped a pot on one.claimed insurance no problem.........Dont throw rocks at your windows either . That is NOT even in the small print I guess Electrolux think that all their clientell have some knowledge of glass and rocks ?

Date PurchasedApr 2002
Sally

SallySydney

Disappointed with Electrolux cooktop - way too easy to crack

We bought a good quality top model EHI745BA over $2000 2 years ago. A drop of a sauce bottle on top has just now cracked the surface. We have been advised our additional 3 year warranty doesn't cover it. Sales rep advised that the small print says not to keep bottles near cooktop. This is like saying don't keep milk near the fridge. Very disappointed.

Cracked cooktop

Have had my cooktop for about 17 months and until now have been very happy with it. However, a bottle of oil was knocked over near the cooktop and cracked the corner of the glass breaking off a large slither and numerous other smaller pieces. I was devastated. Previously had a glass gas cooktop which lasted 27 years without any chips or damage. The glass on this cooktop is obviously substandard and too fragile. Would not recommend solely for this reason.

Induction Cooktops

Find out how Electrolux EHI935BA compares to other Induction Cooktops

Chloe

ChloeSydney

Completely disappointed

ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux

Control board replaced 4 times now...not working again!

Non stop issues with this model overheating - control board has been replace 4 times now (twice at our expensive, needing to wait up to 6 weeks for the part) and still consistently stops working (usually when it rains). Electrolux says it was installed incorrectly with no ventilation gap underneath so after it was repaired in April I removed the draw completely under the cook top (giving it huge amount of ventilation) and 5 months later it's stopped working again we (same E9 errors). Wish I could find another model to fit the cutout...at a lost as to what to do as we designed our kitchen around this cook top. When the model works it's great but this experience means I'll probably never buy an electrolux item again.

PaulSydney

First induction cooktop - my wife and I like it.

I did not see much review on this but we wanted to try an induction cooktop. Advantage of this is that the size fits well to replace another Chef 900mmx400mm ceramic cooktop without cutting the benchtop.

Good: fast to cook, easier to clean than the old ceramic cooktop, easy to control the power, fits our old cooktop size.

Bad: might crack the cooktop if hit by something hard - common weakness among these types of cooktops. Induction cooktops are more expensive.

Our ceramic cooktop had a non fatal crack because of dropping of a pan onto the edge. So be careful when using this ceramic glass types of cooktops. Overall it has been working without issues for more than 4 months.

Paul

Update - So far so good. It is now 20 months since installed in 2014.

Disappointed

This glass is very hard to clean, not just a matter of hot soapy water as told!!! The glass has no protective edge so when a plate was dropped from 3 inches above, this caused a crack to run across the cook top. This is not covered under warranty. Very fragile
looks nice
Way too fragile

Dave

Daveasked

Hi, the installation instructions say to have 5mm gap under front bench top or you can purchase a additional accessory protection box. What is the cost of this accessory and availability in Brisbane. The unit mounted on bench top, underneath there is clear space into 3 cupboards, do I require this accessory ?, If 3mm gap is only for vent elation, there is plenty of air in these 3 large cupboards, will that be satisfactory !. Thanks. David

Jen

Jenasked

Can’t start hotplate. Any help?

Kevin Smith

Kevin Smithasked

What is the current rating of this device? For example, what size cable will I need to run? 2.5 mm or 4mm twin and earth.

Hi Kevin Smith,
Nicole from Electrolux here.
Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Nicole.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Nicole
Electrolux Customer Care

Andy
Andy

@Electrolux, when people ask questions like this it would be useful if you could answer online, rather than just asking them to call you. Other consumers look at these pages to decide whether to buy the product, and answers to the questions asked can be useful.

Sergey
Sergey

Definately not 2.5mm.
Device is rated at 6.9kW (see official info on Electrolux website), it is equivalent to 29A.
Which means 4mm cable is required in ideal conditions. However the cable will be most likely installed in poorly ventilated spaces (e.g. wall), so its capacity should be downgraded. To be safe it is better to go with 6mm cable.

Get an answer from our members and Electrolux representatives