Electrolux EVEP618DSD

Electrolux EVEP618DSD

MPN: EVEP618DSD

Wall Ovens Buying Guide

Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. This buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now

• Preheating Speed

Elissa
ElissaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Unacceptable After-Sales Service

Purchased in July 2020 at Winning Appliances.

AP47
AP47Tasmania

Brilliant oven, love the steam function

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Other Wall Ovens

AdrianBunbury

Absolutely brilliant so far

Purchased in January 2020 at Retravison for $1,650.00.

Wall Ovens

Find out how Electrolux EVEP618DSD compares to other Wall Ovens

Mech TechPerth, WA

Grill element burnt out 2 weeks old

I bought a new Electrolux EVEP618DSD oven and after two weeks the oven display recommended a light pyro clean. As the oven got half way through the cleaning cycle, the top grill heating element started to glow extremely bright in one small spot just before it burst into hot sparks and melted. See pictures.
Harvey Norman would not let me post this review on their website, how very dishonest.

I have since researched and found that other Electrolux oven models EVEP618 have burnt out worse. Stay away from this model of oven.

Purchased in December 2019 for $2,000.00.

GRILL ELEMENT MULTIFUNCTION.
See the video link of the grill elements sparking / melting the first time the pyro clean function was used.

Lynda W.
Lynda W.asked

I purchased the Electrolux EVEP618DSD oven.I have noticed that the last two times I have used the Roast function and set the temperature on 180degrees, it is fine until all of a sudden there is a couple of beeps and the temperature skyrockets to 250 degrees.This is the replacement oven we had installed after the first one arched like one of the other reviews.Really can't trust this oven, and wonder what steps to take next.

Mech Tech

I bought my oven from Harvey Norman. The fault occurred within the first couple of weeks. I complained to Harvey Norman and told them about the other reviews having the same problem. I demanded to get a bosch oven instead as the Electrolux EVEP618 Oven is NOT safe imo. They had no problems in exchanging the oven to bosch and paying the bill to get the ovens swapped around by the electrician. I didn't even have extra extended product warranty.
Harvey were great in that regards. I also filed a product safety defect form to the aus gov department.
I suggest you do the same. This oven has to many known issues and needs to be taken off the market and refunds giving.

Also note if there is a major product defect you are entitled to a refund under aus law. See link. I would demand a refund or different band oven. Tell them if they don't the ACCC will be in contact with them.

I love the bosch oven we got, it heats up to temp in less then 5min and most importantly is safe and reliable. Have used the pyro function on the bosch oven with no problems.

Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux

Hi Lynda,
Linda from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the oven.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda Ticket Number 1654717

Thanks,
Linda

Jo Basked

Hi, I absolutely love the EVEP618DSD. Love all the functions. My only concern is the drain pipe to drain the excess water used for the steam function. There is quite a bit of water that flows back to where the hinge is and down my oven cabinets. (About 1 - 2 tablespoons of water)
My concern is that my cabinets (pot drawers) under the oven is going to be damaged by this water.
Has anyone had this problem?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.
Joanna

Mech Tech

The drain was put in a stupid location, it is impossible to plug the hose into it without water spilling.

Adrian

Take the oven door off then put drain plug in, it's very easy to remove door , fold up retaining latches and slide off . I agree drain plug is in dumbest position ever

Jo B

oh I thought I was going crazy... I kept reading the reviews and nobody mentioned this problem. I bake bread and use steam for cooking meals almost daily... I wonder if I can empty the tank every other day... instead of every use... what do you think?

Rachel B.
Rachel B.asked

Hello,
I would be interested in what Electrolux has to say about this.

Mech Tech

Contacted Electrolux and told them about the failure and other reviews with the same failure. The lady was shocked and took my details and said someone will be in contact with me to further investigate....

A week later still nothing.
Harvey Norman have be good enough to let me swap it out with a bosch oven.

Honestly if Electrolux wasn't interested in seeing this video of the fault happening, then others can see it.

Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux

Hi Mech Tech
Linda from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda.
Thanks,

Get an answer from our members and Electrolux representatives

CategoryWall Ovens
Price (RRP) $1,997.00
Oven FuelElectricity
Type Combination
FeaturesChild Safety Lock and Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)
Dimensions 597 X 596 X 572 mm