Electrolux EVEP626

Wall Ovens Buying Guide

For many Australians, a wall oven is essential for home cooking. Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. Whether you’re choosing an oven for a new home, renovating your kitchen, or simply upgrading, this buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now

3.8

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Disappointed

I bought this oven believing it would be better than my old Westinghouse that I have had for about 20 years.
Unfortunately I am finding that making in particular biscuits that they don’t bake very even at all. Have to constantly be watching them and turning them and changing the shelves while baking. I am very disappointed as I waited a long time to get a new oven and now I sometimes wish I had the old one back.
Cooking roasts and vegetables is good but not baking biscuits in particular.
Also the vent is at the front of the oven so blows hot air into the kitchen.
Probably would try a different brand if I ever have the opportunity of buying a new one again.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Product is used Several times a week

Very disappointing paid top price for Pyrolic ofen

It does not cook food evenly I am satisfied with the design but. Performance wise I find it not as good as my previous oven.
The lower oven burns when you grill.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys Kitchens for A$3,400.00.

Icy_Opinion

Icy_OpinionMELBOURNE

Pyrolytic by name and pyrolytic by function

Really disappointed with the lower oven which acts like a furnace with pastry - runs way too hot (especially from the base) and torches pastry (on the base) in three quarters of the required cooking time. I have used other wall ovens and not had an issue but in my opinion, the Electrolux EVEP626SD is best used for cooking vegetables or for melting lead or other metals (... is that what it was originally intended for?). The base of this strawberry galette was completely burnt, at the recommended temperature (200 degrees) in 3/4 of its suggested cooking time. This is not the first torched bake and I would not recommend this oven to anyone.

Purchased in October 2019 at e&s for A$2,899.00.

Gold Coast Garry

Gold Coast GarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

So disappointing

Bought the oven paying well over other brands to get the exciting facilities! However, straight off, how on earth do you use the grill? The instruction book is adamant that you must grill with the door closed but if you do, then the thermostat cuts off the grill when its reaches temperature so that you cannot grill anymore. If you attempt to leave the door open, the grill stays on as it should but the heat coming out the front if the door opening trips the temperature safety with and the whole oven unit switches off until it has cooled. In effect, this product is not fit for purpose and hopeless if you intend to do any grilling.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Product is used Daily
Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
Reviewer

ReviewerAdelaide

Excellent! Love this oven!

Went in store and was up sold this oven and so glad we were. It has all the settings we would need, very user friendly, and has great safety functions such as cooling down mode and not hot to touch from the outside when on. Best oven we’ve had in terms of double oven where you really can cook two totally seperate meals perfectly.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for A$2,396.00.

CLF

CLFQueensland

Great Oven

After putting up with our very old gas oven for many years, this oven is a delight. The functions are clear (no interpreting symbols) and easy to use. Everything I have cooked in it so far has turned out beautifully, and I'm thrilled to be able to bake cakes again that aren't burned on the edges and undercooked in the middle. I like the telescopic runners (however, I would prefer them installed on different rack levels, but haven't found an easy way of removing them) so that I don't have to lean in to the oven. The smaller double oven is great and more efficient for just the two of us. I couldn't be happier with the oven.

Purchased in October 2018.

Product is used Daily
Ams

Ams

Awesome oven.

Purchased this oven after looking at many models. Chose this one for easy slide roast/grill trays to avoid difficult rack pull out to check on food status. Perfect for cooking roast and adding veg etc. Stylish look and great cooking features. For middle of range price, this is a great oven And is very easy to clean. Very happy with purchase.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
T1NT1N

T1NT1NAuckland, NZ

Perfect - incredibly easy to use - even has temp probe for roasts

Love it - has so many preset cook settings (Roast/Casserole/Pizza/Pie - Fan bake - Fan Grill and more)....easy to adjust temp - two individual ovens that can be used at the same time. Top features more functions but bottom certainly offers what you need as a second. Racks pull out on extended struts so very stable. Baking dishes/ roast trays/ grill trays/ temerature probe just wonderful....these are not extras but included with the oven. Temp probe even better as it is electronic and switches oven off when internal temperature reached....so easy to use. Recommended - even tells you when a clean is due and that is beyond easy too.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Coco

Coco

excellent

It's pyrolytic, tells you when you need to put it on a pyrolytic clean. It comes with telescopic runners which enable the shelves to slide out smoothly on runners.
It has many functions for baking. Fast heat up and it's a double oven.
I am not sure whether any oven I have had browns evenly to perfection, I just switch my tray around.
The display is bright and clear.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Browning the top

The oven is great but biscuits never brown on the top no matter where I position the slide in the oven. The double oven is 5he best idea since sliced bread. With 2 I constantly use the lower oven. Easy controls and no thee problems in the 8 years we have had the oven.

Date PurchasedFeb 2010
mgirving

mgirvingPalm Beach

Buzzer volume on EVE models too quiet - would not recommend

We were so excited to finally make the investment in an Electrolux oven and it has many great features (heats quickly, grills golden and cleans) but unfortunately the deal breaker is the buzzer volume, as others have also commented. Although under Settings the volume can be adjusted up to Volume 10, even that volume is impossible to hear outside of the kitchen. Effectively, it makes it useless for doing any timed baking (which is most things). Other reviewers have pointed out this problem as well and Electrolux haven't offered any solution to fixing the inaudibility problem. So unfortunately despite some great features, do not buy any of these models if you rely on an oven timer.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Langers

LangersRowville, Melbourne VIC

Double the baked goods

We really love the double oven.
We've used both ovens plenty of times simultaneously and separately to justify the inclusion into our new kitchen.
Being able to cook two things at different temperatures has been great, especially when having friends and family come over for dinner. E.g. Mains in the big oven and Dessert in lower oven.
If we are only cooking something small we'll just use the smaller lower oven.
The self-cleaning pyrolytic function is great, although the first time we used that feature it was quite smokey and set off the smoke alarms in the house... nothing a bit more regular cleaning wouldn't fix though ;-)

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Graet helper at kitchen

This oven is very spacious has lot of racks . With pyrotic cleaning function very easy to clean afterwards. I had a little issue with the light. I had to replace it two times. Except it is excellent. Has pre programs to assist with cooking too .excellent product . It heats up very fast

Date PurchasedMay 2010
colin

colingeelong

great oven

this is a great oven with a easy to use display.heats quickly and fan is super quiet. The soft close doors are good and we use the cook from frozen feature a lot. So far all the food we have decided to cook has come out great and we are happy with the oven.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Wish we hadn't bought it!

Not happy can't cook in the bottom oven, as everything burns, even though I have reduced the temperature by 20deg, and shifted the cooking shelf to the top position, I had to turn the scones over to get any colour on the top.
We have had the oven over 3 months and it still hasn't been sorted.
Not impressed

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux

Peck

PeckBurnie

Amazing, didn't know what we did before it!!

This oven is the best one we have owned by far.
Cooks perfectly every time with no hot spots.
The half oven is extremely handy for putting on a tray of biscuits or cooking desert whilst the roast is on in the main.
Pyrolytic function works a treat and brings it up spot on every time.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Good Double Oven

Both ovens are multi function and both have an auto reminder when time to clean your oven. Simply remiove the shelves and shelf supports - select the clean oven function..... then wait until the cycle is completed and wipe out the soot. Pretty good!
I find both ovens to be fairly accurate with temperatures and more than happy with the cooking results.
I love the telescopic shelves - saves me stretching in.... no more burnt wrists!

Jimmymac

Jimmymac

Feature packed oven, great results

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Pkoo

PkooAdelaide

Great oven, modern brush steel finish.

This oven is quite well built and is modern in design. This oven was bought brand-new and has been used quite regularly. The great feature about this oven is that the set temperature is reached quite rapidly and maintains that temperature easily. There are many features of this oven, but my favourite is the start and stop time.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Looking for perfection

Looking for perfectionSydney, NSW

Perfect cooking oven. Looks great and many wonderful functions

Perfect cooking oven. Looks great and many wonderful functions. Double oven is a great feature. The customer service has been exceptional and I bought the extended warranty from Electrolux as I would be dealing with them direct and not a store or third party. They even open on Saturday's. Australian made and came from the factory in Adelaide.

Date PurchasedMar 2016