Electrolux EVEP626

• Safety
  • Preheating Speed

bracken
bracken

Terrible. Bottom oven burnt the bottom of all my baking.

Top oven worked fine. Slight unevenness of browning but it was ok.
Bottom oven burnt everything . Top of cakes would bee light golden brown the bottom charcoal. I swapped the baking tins for lighter ones as recommended ; which you don’t find out until, after you purchase the oven.
It made no difference whatsoever .
If I put a batch of cookies in they were all burnt differently on the same tray depending if they were on on the outside if the tray or inside.
What made it worse is Electrolux customer service ; truly shocking . It is disappointing and unfortunate to have a faulty product but the customer service was inexcusable.
Have just replaced it with a neff double oven which is cooking beautifully .

Purchased in June 2018 for $3,000.00.

Disappointed

I bought this oven believing it would be better than my old Westinghouse that I have had for about 20 years.
Unfortunately I am finding that making in particular biscuits that they don’t bake very even at all. Have to constantly be watching them and turning them and changing the shelves while baking. I am very disappointed as I waited a long time to get a new oven and now I sometimes wish I had the old one back.
Cooking roasts and vegetables is good but not baking biscuits in particular.
Also the vent is at the front of the oven so blows hot air into the kitchen.
Probably would try a different brand if I ever have the opportunity of buying a new one again.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Other Wall Ovens

Very disappointing paid top price for Pyrolic ofen

It does not cook food evenly I am satisfied with the design but. Performance wise I find it not as good as my previous oven.
The lower oven burns when you grill.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys Kitchens for $3,400.00.

Icy_Opinion
Icy_OpinionMELBOURNE

Pyrolytic by name and pyrolytic by function

Really disappointed with the lower oven which acts like a furnace with pastry - runs way too hot (especially from the base) and torches pastry (on the base) in three quarters of the required cooking time. I have used other wall ovens and not had an issue but in my opinion, the Electrolux EVEP626SD is best used for cooking vegetables or for melting lead or other metals (... is that what it was originally intended for?). The base of this strawberry galette was completely burnt, at the recommended temperature (200 degrees) in 3/4 of its suggested cooking time. This is not the first torched bake and I would not recommend this oven to anyone.

Purchased in October 2019 at e&s for $2,899.00.

Gold Coast GarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

So disappointing

Bought the oven paying well over other brands to get the exciting facilities! However, straight off, how on earth do you use the grill? The instruction book is adamant that you must grill with the door closed but if you do, then the thermostat cuts off the grill when its reaches temperature so that you cannot grill anymore. If you attempt to leave the door open, the grill stays on as it should but the heat coming out the front if the door opening trips the temperature safety with and the whole oven unit switches off until it has cooled. In effect, this product is not fit for purpose and hopeless if you intend to do any grilling.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Electrolux
ELECTROLUX ..Electrolux
Gold Coast Garry

After a contact from Linda and a promise of an engineer to call out, to date, nothing has materialised and we are still unable to use the grill!!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Reviewer
ReviewerAdelaide

Excellent! Love this oven!

Went in store and was up sold this oven and so glad we were. It has all the settings we would need, very user friendly, and has great safety functions such as cooling down mode and not hot to touch from the outside when on. Best oven we’ve had in terms of double oven where you really can cook two totally seperate meals perfectly.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $2,396.00.

CLF
CLFQueensland

Great Oven

After putting up with our very old gas oven for many years, this oven is a delight. The functions are clear (no interpreting symbols) and easy to use. Everything I have cooked in it so far has turned out beautifully, and I'm thrilled to be able to bake cakes again that aren't burned on the edges and undercooked in the middle. I like the telescopic runners (however, I would prefer them installed on different rack levels, but haven't found an easy way of removing them) so that I don't have to lean in to the oven. The smaller double oven is great and more efficient for just the two of us. I couldn't be happier with the oven.

Purchased in October 2018.

Ams
Ams

Awesome oven.

Purchased this oven after looking at many models. Chose this one for easy slide roast/grill trays to avoid difficult rack pull out to check on food status. Perfect for cooking roast and adding veg etc. Stylish look and great cooking features. For middle of range price, this is a great oven And is very easy to clean. Very happy with purchase.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

T1NT1N
T1NT1NAuckland, NZ

Had probe recall - love turned to disappointment and dislike of brand

Purchased in September 2017 for $3,580.00.

Coco
Coco

excellent

It's pyrolytic, tells you when you need to put it on a pyrolytic clean. It comes with telescopic runners which enable the shelves to slide out smoothly on runners.
It has many functions for baking. Fast heat up and it's a double oven.
I am not sure whether any oven I have had browns evenly to perfection, I just switch my tray around.
The display is bright and clear.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Browning the top

The oven is great but biscuits never brown on the top no matter where I position the slide in the oven. The double oven is 5he best idea since sliced bread. With 2 I constantly use the lower oven. Easy controls and no thee problems in the 8 years we have had the oven.

Date PurchasedFeb 2010
mgirving
mgirvingPalm Beach

Buzzer volume on EVE models too quiet - would not recommend

We were so excited to finally make the investment in an Electrolux oven and it has many great features (heats quickly, grills golden and cleans) but unfortunately the deal breaker is the buzzer volume, as others have also commented. Although under Settings the volume can be adjusted up to Volume 10, even that volume is impossible to hear outside of the kitchen. Effectively, it makes it useless for doing any timed baking (which is most things). Other reviewers have pointed out this problem as well and Electrolux haven't offered any solution to fixing the inaudibility problem. So unfortunately despite some great features, do not buy any of these models if you rely on an oven timer.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Langers
LangersRowville, Melbourne VIC

Double the baked goods

We really love the double oven.
We've used both ovens plenty of times simultaneously and separately to justify the inclusion into our new kitchen.
Being able to cook two things at different temperatures has been great, especially when having friends and family come over for dinner. E.g. Mains in the big oven and Dessert in lower oven.
If we are only cooking something small we'll just use the smaller lower oven.
The self-cleaning pyrolytic function is great, although the first time we used that feature it was quite smokey and set off the smoke alarms in the house... nothing a bit more regular cleaning wouldn't fix though ;-)

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Anna
AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Graet helper at kitchen

This oven is very spacious has lot of racks . With pyrotic cleaning function very easy to clean afterwards. I had a little issue with the light. I had to replace it two times. Except it is excellent. Has pre programs to assist with cooking too .excellent product . It heats up very fast

Date PurchasedMay 2010

colin
colingeelong

great oven

this is a great oven with a easy to use display.heats quickly and fan is super quiet. The soft close doors are good and we use the cook from frozen feature a lot. So far all the food we have decided to cook has come out great and we are happy with the oven.

Date PurchasedJune 2017