Epson Expression Home XP-420

Epson Expression Home XP-420 Questions & Answers

MPNs:C11CD86501 and XP-420
Brand Manager for Epson? Claim your listing.
Gary2608
Gary2608

Is it possible to scan on the Epson XP-420

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Check your manual for basics

Phillip C.
Phillip C.

my printer wont accept 6x4 photo paper it will feed if it is backwards but not with glossy side forward. has anyone else had similar issues and can it be resolved?

Uriel
Uriel

I want to only print text doceumnts I don’t need colour but the printer won’t allow me to print in greyscale with out replacing the other cartridges.
I just want to print in black and white please help me

shane
shane

does the Epson XP 420 print double sided ?

Brian G
Brian G

Why does the background print black when I print from computer but when I print a email sent to me it remains white

simbahan
simbahan

why is my Epson XP-420 only printing in black and not colour as all 4 cartridges were replaced at the same time?

OWEN

Can epson xp 420 print A4 photo paper ??

sjdds
sjdds

Yes... but I have found colours very feint/light. Bought mine purely for paper printing and it's great for that. You would be much better paying a little extra for the XP 640 which is a designated photo printer and is excellent. Ask for a demo in the store to make sure you're happy. Good luck.

OWEN

Thanks for your answer. My Epson XP420 has a problem when I try to print picture on a A4 photo paper. The print always mentions"paper jam". But I only feed one piece of photo paper and the paper can not be rolled in printer. I am sure there is no paper or something inside the printer.

By the way, I don't know where I can find "keep the picture size (retain??)" option. I don't want to make the picture bigger or smaller.

ozzi
ozzi

How to photocopy without scanning first? Does it work as a standard photocopier?

Kerry Goldsworthy

Yes it works as a normal photocopier - both black and white or colour.

sydneymidge

Hi. Can anyone tell me how to make the cartridges come out of their hiding place? As I am down to printing in black only I'm not being asked to 'replace ink'. Searching the net only tells me to go to 'setup' on the printer but I can't seem to have that option on the screen. Perhaps there is a simple button to press, but that's probably too much to ask.

Thanks.

Kerry Goldsworthy

The buttons on the little control panel are not very intuitive I find, however their instructions are really accurate. Use the arrow pointing right next to the OK button to navigate through the options after pressing the Home button.

The printer's process for replacing the cartridges starts when you select Home > Setup > Ink Levels > Cartdidge Replacement. The cartridges will automatically slide out so you can reach them to replace the required colour. Also I find that you can still print at least another 20 pages when you get the message about a colour running out.

Dymo75
Dymo75

Hi - have a look at page 70 onwards in the manual here: http://download2.ebz.epson.net/sec_pubs/xp-420_series/useg/en/manual.pdf?LGW=&CNW=&OSV=&EXE=SetupNavi&VER=

sydneymidge

I have now managed to get the cartridges to pop out. I replaced one cartridge but need to get a couple more.

Many thanks to both of you for your advice. One more thing. Do you know if it is necessary to buy genuine ink, to maintain the warranty? I bought the printer in May this year.

sydneymidge

Update. I bought Cartridge World brand at a good price in Chatswood. By buying 4 I got a discount of $2 on each one, and a pack of photo paper thrown in. Instructions simple and clear on the cartridges, so I'm really pleased. Works like a dream too. Oh and the chap serving me was very helpful and pleasant.

Thanks again Kerry and Dymo75.

sydneymidge

Hi. Is the printer noisy? I have just got rid of an HP 8630 which failed after 1 year. It was big, slow and noisy. II had a cheap Brother before which lasted 5 years and was much better. Thank you for your review.

RB
RB

Hi sydneymidge

I have found the EPSON inkjet printer no more noisy than my previous ink jet (canon 6150).

1 plus is the long life inks

1 downside is that it does not like HP photo printer paper, the photo prints look really weird.

Canon photo paper = good

Epson photo paper = very good

sydneymidge

Thank you so much. I appreciate your input. Regards. Sydneymidge.

Kerry Goldsworthy

Not noisy. Very easy to set up. Cheap ink cartridges compared to previous Samsung.

Prints quickly - even from my iPhone 6plus.

sydneymidge

Thank you for your advice Kerry. Can you also tell me how many cartridges it takes? I saw one in JB Hi-Fi today and it has one black and one colour. Maybe this is an older model. On Epson's website it says it has individual cartridges for each colour.

Regards. Sydneymidge

sydneymidge

Hi. This is not an answer but another question as I couldn't find the right field.

Can anyone tell me if this printer is compatible with windows 10?. Thank you. sydneymidge

karisma
karisma

Sydneymidge, it takes 4 separate cartridges, black, cyan, yellow and magenta

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Epson? Claim your listing.
Brother INKvestment MFC-J4440DW