See the Best Upright Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Poor quality

I bought one of these fridges 3 years ago, in that time had a total use of approximately 9 months. Went to use it for a weekend, fridge started but would not cool down. Had it checked out the report was internal gas leak faulty controller and compressor. Buyer beware poor quality components.

Purchased for $1,600.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)
Evakool I.EvaKool

Hi Leon, As I advised in my email to you, I am happy to have the unit assessed by my technicians. If you would like to proceed, please email me back. Kind regards,
Tracey- EvaKool Warranty Manager

Cu2

Cu2Southwest, VIC

Almost good.

It runs like a charm. But I have a major banging noise like the motor is banging. That happens when it’s a hot day. Power supply? Rang service and they had no idea. Must see it and test it. Yer right and then they don’t find the problem. No thanks. It’s still running and still banging loud with the heat, even one year later.
I’ve blown a fuse a couple of times but to reset is a simple press of a button from the back of fridge.
Have had it for 2 years now. Am wondering if it’s anything like my other fridges which only last 2/3 years before they brake down completely.

Evakool I.EvaKool

Good morning, it is best to have the unit assessed. Please contact us at EvaKool to find your local service agent. Kind regards, Tracey- EvaKool Warranty and After Sales Manager.

Rob MacSouthwest, VIC

Be Aware They Have Changed This Fridge

We have owned 2 Evakool DC210's and the first in 2015 was EXCELLENT... The latest unit is disappointing because they have changed the control system and it is totally erratic with temperature variation that is unacceptable...I have contacted Evakool and they say this is normal... rubbish.
The fridge is quite capable but the fridge will run at 3 degrees then stick on 7 to 8 degrees then back to zero?!?!
We have lost food, particularly veggies, from freezing to to hot. It also ice's up too much where we Have to defrost far more often than the previous versions...
Good fridge but beware...

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hydo

HydoGoulburn Valley, VIC

Best fridge I have owned.

This is my third fridge in my caravan and beats the other two hands down ( Original Elecrtolux 3 way and the rubbish Waeco 135 litre) uses heaps less power and has thick insulation to stop it running non stop. Although only 12v I have also wired up the 240v/12v inverter so that I can hook it up to the 240v power at caravan parks. I am so happy with it I got rid of my waeco car fridge and also bought the dual zone 75 litre car fridge.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

oz4me

oz4meBundaberg

Frdge excells at what it is suppose to do

Date PurchasedDec 2015

JimTIllawarra, NSW

EvaKool Platinum 12 Volt Compressor Upright Fridge Freezer

Have now been travelling for three months with our brand new EvaKool Platinum 12 Volt Compressor Upright Fridge Freezer and it is performing well. The unit that was shipped to us we found we had trouble adjusting the temperature as it kept freezing the vegetables. We visited the EvaKool office in Caloundra Qld & was given the option to remove it & leave it with them to test & adjust (did not suit as we were living in the van) So instead they sent us away for three days while they pulled a new unit out of stock & conducted the complete tests on it (up ambient 47C!). Called us back, from camping on the Showground at Caboolture, to swap our unit for the new one & no charge! Very satisfied with the after sales service.

JimT

October 2015 & the EvaKool Platinum is still performing well & our solar system is coping very easily with its operation.
Jim T

David and Deidre

David and Deidreasked

We are having problems with our 210L purchased 4 months ago, has been working well up until a week ago, was running the thermostat control between 4 and 5, any higher and the fridge compartment would get to zero. However now the fridge runs between 6 and 10 degrees with the control flat out, the ice in the freezer was melting, no fault lights are showing as per owners manual. The unit is now with the local service agent authorised by Evakool and they are telling me they have had a logger on it and all is ok, our unit also gurgles constantly, but has done right from the first, according to the owners manual this is normal. Wondering if any one has had similar problems?

Rob Mac

Call Evakool on the numbers they included in their reply to your question... they are now helpful

Evakool I.EvaKool

Hi David and Deidre, Please can you contact us directly at EvaKool so we can talk you through the questions you have with your unit. Our office number is 07 5492 7777. Kind regards, Tracey- Warranty and After Sales Manager

Evakool I.EvaKool

Hi Rob, Thank you for the kind words. Always happy to help. Kind regards, Tracey- Warranty and After Sales Manager

David and Deidre

David and Deidreasked

Rob Mac

Our unit did a similar thing and we found the temperature thermistor in the fridge was faulty...it is easy to diagnose with a multimeter.
It was replaced with an air thermistor and all good.
The repair agent said Evakool had issues with the existing thermistors and were changing all new units to air thermistors.

Evakool I.EvaKool

Hi David and Deidre, please can you contact us at EvaKool so that we an assist you further. Kind regards, Tracey- EvaKool Warranty and After Sales Manager 07 5492 7777 or warranty@evakool.com

Michele

Micheleasked

Why does my fridge require a Thermostat Upgrade? I only bought it in January this year, assumed it was the newest model. Has not run properly since installed, drawing up to 5.8amps, temperature very iratic, freezer continually icing up.
How long will this upgrade take a qualified technician to complete?

Evakool I.EvaKool

Good morning Michele. Thank you for your message. Please can you email me at warranty@evakool.com so that I can assist you further. Kind regards,
Tracey- EvaKool Warrnaty and After Sales Manager

Get an answer from our members and EvaKool representatives