ExpressVPN

ExpressVPN

2.3

LTN
LTNGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Buyer beware - turning off automatic cancellations needs multiple confirmations

Product: works less than half the time in China. May take forever to connect and then will randomly disconnect for no reason. Completely useless at times.
Service: when you click "cancel", it looks like confirmation was successful but you need to click twice. Borderline deceptive.
Bottom line: do not believe all those 4-5 star reviews they paid for to rank high on Google.

Globetrotting Steve
Globetrotting SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doesn't connect to servers 90% of the time

I have had this for a year - it worked at first. I live in Australia choose Melbourne as a smart selection and 2 Sydney hubs too - none of them ever connect automatically - locks me out won't stop, cannot quit - really overrated product. Can't wait for it to expire in September - pointless if the product does not do its primary job - ergo we are left exposed - US$99 so AU$130 is a high price for a poor product.

Unhappy
UnhappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Stole my money, then gave me no access to the VPN

Took my money quickly then proceeded to give me no access whatsoever. It keeps asking me to sign up despite the money having been paid already. How do I get a refund when in their eyes I’m bot even subscribed?

Jill M.
Jill M.

Was perfect until it started to get issue

Gympie
GympieSydney, NSW

Cannot reconnect and kills service when connection dropped

Tommy A.
Tommy A.Sydney, NSW

I can't access Netflix outside of Australia

The main reason I chose this is that they claim you can access Netflix and other streaming libraries from around the world. COMPLETELY FALSE. Their support team is only available via chat and there seems to be a bug as I keep getting errors...anyway it's a complete of waste of time. Also when I connect to other countries, my internet speed is slow. I've chatted with 4 different support members but none could help me so I ended up cancelling thank god it's within the 30-day trial period so I was able to get full refund.

Thomas matthews
Thomas matthewsSydney

Garbage

Constant dropouts 0 support and they don't care about customers. I been with them for years and they have never provided any sort of support. This is the worst VPN provider you'd be better off finding a better one.

Ali
AliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does Not Work for Netflix Australia

Dont waste your Money or Time says 30 day free trial then bills you with PayPal also does not work to view USA Netflix you can view the view log in set it to Los Angeles but the Movies time out then netfix says it has issues with you and Google keeps getting you to do those silly puzzles as it says unusual activity.

Ian Parr
Ian ParrSydney Surrounds, NSW

ExpressVPN Router should be a lot faster and a lot more stable and has gotten a LOT worse this year.

Iloveshopping
IloveshoppingAustralian Capital Territory

Big waste of time

The slowest VPN ever. I have watched paint dry faster. Tried to download the latest update in the hope that it would speed it up but it failed several times. There are much better other products out there that are actually functional. Dont waste your money on this one.

Glenn
GlennHobart, TAS

Useless if you want to access Foxtel

I tried to access Foxtel but wasn't able to from any of the Australian servers, spent quite a while online with tech support but they said that they exhausted all options and couldn't do anymore, so won't be using ExpressVPN anymore.

F Y.
F Y.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

was good for the first 2 weeks

Max L
Max LSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Product worth the price

I initially trialed this in Bali to watch Australia TV which allowed me todo so by fooling 9Now into thinking I was in Melbourne. Easy to set up, I have it on my Iphone, Ipads, Macs and also on my modem. You can always ask, why do you need a VPN, got something to hide? But I feel my privacy from the like of search engines and other prying web sites is better protected with Express VPN. Yes, expensive compared to other VPNs but the next best voted VPN, who claims to not keep records was raided by authorities and handed over records on all their customers. Surf feeling much safer with Express VPN. The only criticism, they only offer max 12 month plans, like to see longer.

ros
rosSydney, NSW

I have just joined ExpressVPN I doesnt allow me to use the interet at all

I have had a VPN for 3 yrs so i know how it works I joined Expressvpn as I wanted to watch some prime videos and they suggested I use this its useless i joined tonite, there is no one to talk to no chat nothing I have changed my password 3 times already and still cannot log in its useless dont do ti!
time waiting

Rick
RickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was Happy

Contacted Support and reply after seeing on my TV screen, "your using a proxy"
The reply, "Due to Netflix's aggressive blocking, we can't guarantee it would work all the time. It seems like our DNS is currently blocked right now which is why it is not working."
No other solution offered, No offset of Monthly fees, Engineers are working hard to solve problem,
No eta. Goodbye VPN. Unprofessional CS, Don't care.

MR W
MR Wasked

UAnyone in Australia been able to get BBC iplayer to work with Exprees VPN. Been on the chat line and they say their engineers are working on it. That was a month ago and still wont connect. Can get onto Channel 4 on demand and My5 in the UK but not BBC. It used to work with Nord but even that was eventually blocked by BBC.

Ade
Ade

I've had the same problem with iplayer, I keep getting the same copy and paste reply, there nowhere near to solving this problem as they were 6 months ago, they need to hold there hands up and say sorry we can't unblock this anymore, complete waste of money

ros
rosasked

has anyone found a VPN that actually works here in Australia with Prime video?

Janlen
Janlen

Prime fragmented at Christmas 2019 into Disney, HBO, etc etc, so most shows on the Prime platform are now not available, as they were for several years previously with VPN, The only streaming site I can now get is Netflix, the Prime catalogue is probably 85% not available for Australians on VPN, seems like 75% Indian movies (total rip off). Netflix works well, but VPN not now worth it, as the $AUD rate vs $USA makes it around $120.00 for a six month sign with Express VPN, definitely not worth it as Youtube, Google movies and Apple tv are now better value. Forget Express VPN they only show $USA amount on their site if you want to sign up, which is $59.99 for six months (US dollars so beware) and they couldnt care less you have to pay twice that amount for Australian access.