FD500, D10, D09H

Pros

• Great for dried fruits and veg

• Can dry foods overnight

Amanda M.

Amanda M.Perth, WA

Love it. Easy to use

Have had the snackmaker for many years and still works well. I can leave running over night and it's nice and quiet. Simple to follow book with drying times and having 3 temps makes it simple. Love that you can buy extra trays but they are a bit pricey. Haven't tried meat yet but works well for fruit and veg. Dehydrates beautifully and within the times they state.

Don't buy one

Had Harvest Maid dryer 24 years until it finally died. EziDry (purchased 2 1/2 years ago) when it stopped heating. Repaired but not satisfactorily as it is noisy and rattles. NOT HAPPY. Have buckets of mangoes rotting because of this.

Purchased in December 2017 for $384.00.

Kathy29

Kathy29

FD1000 failure

Bought FD1000 and after 1 use the temp was stuck at 30 and the fan was operating non stop for 4 hours. We couldn't turn the unit off had to unplug from power source. I returned it for full refund but lost approximately 4 kilos of home grown grapes and 3 kilos of home grown figs as we prepared these as per the manual.

Purchased in February 2019 for $285.00.

janetau

janetauMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love This Dehydrator - More People Should Buy!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2008
James

JamesSydney

Great Product!

I have owned this dehydrator for several years now and it has done many days of non-stop work.
It is easy to use and has proven to be very reliable. It is also easy to clean.
I have used it to dry a number of different things, including tomatoes,onions, mushrooms, chillies and various herbs, which it did very well.
Mine came with five trays and has three heat settings.
It also came with a fine plastic mesh insert, a solid flexible plastic insert, neither of which I have actually needed to use.
The instructions include a decent drying guide and recipe book.
The only downside, is extra trays are quite expensive to purchase, if you want to expand it's drying capabilities.
This is a product I would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2012
Margaret

MargaretPottsville Beach

Replacement after 18 years of use.

I bought our first Ezi Drier in 2000. It “died” earlier this year and I had no hesitation in replacing it with a new Ezi Drier as I had such success with the first one. I always get a good result. I mainly dry fruit and some vegetables. Before we went around Australia in our caravan, I dried apples, bananas, pears, pineapple, mangoes, pawpaw, rockmelon. I cut them up into small pieces and added some nuts. We snacked on this mix while travelling. Very healthy and delicious.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
not happy jan

not happy janGippsland, VIC

very quiet and does what it claims

Very good , easy to use,very quiet and can be used inside but does make the house smell of whatever you are drying. Only improvement would be a fitted mesh cap to fit in the central venting hole to stop flies etc being attracted to the sweet fruit smell , we just put a small wire mesh food strainer upside down over the vent and it does the trick

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Rie

RieHobart, TAS

Great & easy to use.

I'm totally happy with my ezidry. I use it everyday in apricot & nectarine picking season. It is super quiet and I prep the trays & turn it on so it drys overnight - it is super quiet. I use it on my kitchen bench and have no problems with any thing.

excellent quality and great price!

I've been searching around for a while for a great value, good quality food dehydrator when I found one on Kogan.com

This is the first time I have purchased from Kogan and could not believet he quick shipping time and quality product that they delivere, not to mention the bargain price. I could not be happier with their service.

Definitely wouldr recommend them as the to-go-to place for a great deal.

beatlegirl

beatlegirl

One of my best purchases

This is an amazing tool for the home cook. Great for dehydrating anything. I make my own soy milk and almond milk and use the dehydrator to create almond meal (flour) and soy proten from the result. No waste. I dehydrate my tomatos, mushrooms, fruits, bread for bread crumbs. It is fantastic. Use in a ventilated room as it does give off a lot of heat.
No waste in the kitchen.
You do need a ventilated room

Damien

DamienMackay

It was good when it worked.

This is the first brand I have tried. We did semi dried tomatoes, jerky, bananas and parsley. Worked great for for the first half dozen runs. But then the heating wire breaks and it becomes useless. Called up the supplier, and was able to get a replacement heater unit at a cost. But cheaper than a whole unit. Replaced the heater and then it worked for about the same amount of time.
Stackable to 15 Trays
Heating element keeps blowing

Banjosmum

I use this machine every week for drying mostly fruits, I start it off on the lower speed and then increase it after about an hour. I have used the machine constantly since i got it in Feb 2013

Malegaru
Malegaru
Susan Lake
Susan Lake

I've had mine a couple of years and use weekly and sometimes daily and have had no problems. Did you use it in an unventilated space that caused it to overheat?

BanjosmumGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great for Business

I already had one dehydrator that was really noisy & with a broken lid things took longer to dry than I needed. I bought another from a company in NSW sorry cant remember the name will write it up when its found. I am a muesli maker and dehydrate seasonal fruit for my product, the choices of fruit are endless but do apples and pears throughout the year including oranges for those people that have a fructose problem. My cupboard is now chocker with fruit ready for the whole year
So quiet, can hardly hear it going grear bonus as I usually dehydrate at night.
nothing wrong with it but should have bought a larger size

Tom Riddle

Tom RiddleAU

One of the best purchases I've made in a while

I brought mine about 6 months ago and I use it to do a bulk dehydrating session about once a month. I have found it has saved me a lot of cash in terms of snack food and probably helped me loose a bit of weight too :). It is pretty big so you might want to make sure you have room for it.
Reliable, excellent customer service and support

joleen_adam

joleen_adamWA, 6225

Great product if you plan to use it

This is a great product but really think about if you are going to use it as much as you think. I bought mine under the intention of drying a lot of fruit but have used it maybe twice haha. It works great though but make sure you have a well ventilated place to put it as it lets off a lot of warmth and is a bit noisy, I leave mine in the laundry. Try to buy when from a stall when at a show or convention as they usually have show deals on the day and can save you some money.
Easy to use, Quality is great. Works the way it says.
A bit bulky so make sure you have space.

fooddehydrator

fooddehydratorAU

product OK service hopeless

leo44
leo44

now on 2nd machine after 1st had element problems(terminal).guess what? its done same thing!!!!!! words fail me.looking for different type of dryer now.

Doolan45

Doolan45Fingal Bay

Great dehydrator for the family

This is great..had a few disappointments at first but my fault, not he macine...wonderful beef jerky and fruit roll ups...you need to follow recipes pretty closely..the machine is light but well made. Comes with a very detailed recipe booklet. Wonderful aid in sticking to the raw diet...love it, will get more trays later.
No need to be too concerned with watching over the process..set and forget..inexpensive, reliable, did what it was designed to do...do not expect an industrial strength machine.
Quite noisy but have placed it in the laundry.

TheKnights

TheKnightsAU

3 stars because it does what it's supposed to do... but...

Danielle W.

Danielle W.asked

Snackmaker Drier

Hi my ezidri snack Maker will not change temperature it is on low dose anyone know why this might be I am in the NT is there a service agent hear thank you in advance

Steelbreeze
Steelbreeze

Mine does the same thing. Leave it on for 5 - 10 minutes on low, it will then let you change to medium or high.

mckgnao

mckgnaoasked

Snackmaker Drier

I bought this model years ago and it's been sitting unused for a long time, but I want to get into making tempeh and using this as an incubator. I've got my first batch going, and have just taken its temperature and found it's sitting at 38C after a few hours on the Low setting, which is 6–8 degrees too high and could kill the spores. Is it okay to leave the lid ajar or off to lessen the temperature? Or is there some other way? Put all the racks on and have the tempeh at the top?

Klara S.

Klara S.asked

Hello,
I have used my Ezidri FD500 for 8 years but the machine got very (!) hot and stopped working today. What could have gone wrong? Is there any way of fixing it?
Thanks.

Barbara

I'd suggest you contact Ezidry in Adelaide. They are a fantastic bunch to work with. My dehydrator played up and they were really good with the repairs.

See all Ezi Dri Snackmaker Drier questions

Features

• Designed with a 5-tray drying capacity (with the ability to add up to 15 trays). Food capacity depends on the type of food you’re drying - for example, you can dry up to 15 trays of produce, or 10 trays of pureed fruit.
  • The ability to program a drying time from 8-12 hours allows you to dehydrate foods overnight.
  • The adjustable temperature feature lets you choose between 3 variable heat settings.
  • The system of airflow used in the Ezi Dri Snackmaker means you don’t need to rotate the trays throughout the drying process. This saves time and also maintains the correct temperature inside the appliance, as you're not constantly taking the lid off.
  • The Ezi Dri food dehydrator is also available in a larger size. The Ultra FD1000 Digital model allows you to add up to 30 trays, for bulk drying.

Here’s what reviewers thought:

Reviewers generally thought that the Ezi Dri Snack Maker offered a handy addition to their kitchen.

They described it as easy to use, reliable and effective at drying foods - particularly fruits. The ability to dry foods overnight thanks to the timer function was also appreciated by happy home chefs.

Compare all 3 Ezi Dri Snackmaker Drier