Sedona SD-P9000

Sedona SD-P9000

See the Best Food Dehydrators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Sedona SD-P9000? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Even and effective drying

• Dual fan functionality

• Dedicated raw food setting

Cons

• A little pricey at $795

Great capacity and efficiency

This dehydrator has tons of room, so you can dehydrate a lot of produce all at once. We've used it for our excess orange and grapefruit crop, plus apples-all dried evenly and tasted great! Its worth spending the money to buy a top quality product. Can't wait for summer and our crops of plums and prunes to dry!

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Just amazing and reliable!

This is impressive equipment. I run a Cooking School in Sydney and we had the chance to use Sedona dehydrators. I use it for certain raw classes but also as a way to reduce our food wastes.
    The machine works very well, the result is even (which is not always the case with other dehydrators I used in the past). I recommend this equipment for those who want something that is simple to use and that is reliable.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

I love Sedona :)

Very good quality equipment.
    I would not use a different brand. It´is not just only to dehydrate food, there is an incredible broad range of things you can make with it.
    It's very silent, which is a very good thing!
    It´s easy to function.

Find out how Sedona SD-P9000 compares to other Food Dehydrators

Jesse
    JesseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sedona CAN buy happiness

It's awesome, if you're into dehydrating due to the raw food movement or whatever other reason. Just get this, don't get something cheap. Why...
    It looks nice, it's economical/environmental , it works extremely well.
    So, you can adjust heat and timing. Also it has 2 fans upper and lower, you can adjust that as well if you only want to use half the machine (economical/environmental ).
    You can also adjust day and night setting (how loud the fans go)
    This is new to me, had it for 3-4 days and have used those 3-4 days and will continue to for prepping raw meals etc.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Part of a conscious way of life

Easy to use, effective and reliable, the Sedona is a wonderful kitchen appliance.

We use it weekly and find joy in sharing the marvellous, non-industrial produce that we create with our friends, family and clients.

Everyone loves the taste, freshness and quality of all of the many diverse items that we make. We're always being asked 'What are you going to make next?', and we enjoy surprising people with the diversity of seasonal items that we're able to prepare in a relatively short period of time.

The Raw feature is absolutely amazing and helps to maintain the freshness of the food, which is an essential aspect of on going, conscious nutrition.

Well worth the investment and an assuredly welcome addition to our cooking regime.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
    the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
    best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
    Avleen M.23 July 2021
    Jen
    JenGold Coast

Very happy wtih my Sedona dehydrator

I love my Sedona. It's quieter than my other dehydrator, and I love the ability to use just half of the space if that's all I need, saving on power. It's glass door means I can see with ease what stage my food is at and the controls are at the front so I can have it in the microwave alcove and adjust time and temperature settings easily. Yes it costs more than the others but is worth it in my opinion.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Raw foodie heaven!!!

I purchased my Sedona a few years back and have been grateful of my choice ever since. After trying countless other cheaper dehydrators (all of which failed or didn't produce the results I wanted) the Sedona came out on top. Although not to everybody's price point, it was well worth it. Temperature control and a decent amount of trays (plus the size of each tray is perfect with smaller hole tray inserts to avoid your food sagging through the larger ones). Being a raw foodie I'm now able to make dried fruit Wraps, vegan sandwich Wraps and various other goodies. Thumbs up on this baby! Definitely my most used kitchen appliance. No regrets here!

Date PurchasedJan 2015
    Frankyloves
    Frankyloves

The Rolls Royce of Dehydrators

I absolutely love my Sedona Dehydrator. I'm a raw foodie and have used several dehydrators previously to this and Sedona is by far the highest quality with the most user friendly features. I love the opening glass door and digital control panel along with its whisper quiet operation. Other dehydrators I have used have control panels at the back and have annoying doors which need to be lifted off and placed on the bench. Another feature I love is the dual fans which is great for saving energy when making smaller batches. I highly recommend Sedona!

Alison
    Alisonasked

what are the shelves made from ?

Features

• The spacious Sedona food dehydrator is equipped with 9 BPA-free plastic trays, 9 plastic mesh sheets and 1 plastic solid tray.
    • The included solid tray, when placed inside the dehydrator, creates two separate drying compartments. When you have plenty of food for drying, you can activate both compartments. However, if you’re looking to dry some snacks or smaller, more delicate food like herbs, you can turn on one compartment to save energy.
    • Adjustable temperature settings from 30 - 68 degrees Celcius allow you to control the level of heat, customising it for the foods being dried.
    • Comes with a night-mode setting, which programs the dehydrator to reduce the fan speeds, for an ultra-quiet setting while you’re sleeping.
    • Designed with an impressive in-built 99-hour timer with a digital display.
    • A tempered-glass hinged door lets you keep an eye on your food as it dries.

Here’s what reviewers thought:

So far, reviewers thought that the Sedona food dehydrator produced great results when it came to dehydrating foods.

• The Sedona SD-P9000 applies heat evenly to effectively dehydrate foods.
    • The large capacity of the appliance is also appreciated, as food can be dehydrated in bulk.
    • This dehydrator is a fan favourite among raw foods in particular, who attest to the effectiveness of the ‘Raw food’ function on the dehydrator, engineered to prevent food from overheating.
    CategoryFood Dehydrators