Sunbeam Food Lab DT6000

MPNs: 461, DT6000 and SNB-DT6000

Kylie m

Kylie mPeregian Beach

Great item to have!

We’ve had this product for well over a year and made multiple amounts of jerky, that have turned out great. I’ve also made crackers and fruit which has come out good too. Only issue is with the racks, hard to clean and are not dishwasher safe. Apart from that, definitely worthy of a spot in the kitchen!

Purchased at Myer Online Store.

Noise Level
Used forMeat and Soft Fruit
Customer C.Sunbeam

Great to hear, thanks Kylie m!

Not a good experience

I bought two of these units and the weak plastic trays keep snapping in half. If your doing fruits or jerky you'll be fine but no soft offal or dog bones. The round dehydrators are more solid with stronger plastic making them more durable. I've had to source two stainless steel things to form a tray because 6 are damaged. I did talk to sunbeam about a replacement for one cracked/broken tray but I was treated like an idiot. You are treated like you're being an inconvenience to them.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$180.00.

Noise Level
Used forMeat

min40fcPerth, WA

Better design than others

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi min40fc, thanks for the great review. Very informative for potential users.

Food Dehydrators

Find out how Sunbeam Food Lab DT6000 compares to other Food Dehydrators

Tony

TonyPicton

Only used 3 times and now it won't heat

Got this from Harvey Norman in New Zealand. First couple of times was fine although I still noticed periods where it was cold. Now the heater refuses to work altogether. Have wasted my time trying to dry fruit a few times now. This must be a faulty unit. Am returning to Harvey Norman.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Tony, this one definitely must have slipped through the cracks. Yes please return to store for a replacement and you will be able to dry your fruit successfully...

Boyd W.

Boyd W.Perth, WA

Exactly what I wanted/expeted

Well priced and does beef jerky a treat. I do not bother to rotate shelves just set and forget, come back 10 hours later and have great jerky. Just put in first batch of fish Jerky and that has come up great. Only thing that would make it superb would be dish washable shelves.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Pam39

Pam39Perth

Good value

Had done a brief research before buying this product. It's around $60 cheaper than other famous brands while on sale. I like the fact that it has 6 racks so I can as much as I can for each time. Had made dried fruits mainly and the noise is not bad at all. Will recommend this product to friends.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

DuckPerth, WA

Very Happy

I researched dehydration machines in detail and was impressed with the Sunbeam due to its size and abilities.
My main use is for Beef Jerky which after a couple of trials with diferent meats and flavourings I have mastered the art and the kids are more than happy.
Do yourself a favour and buy one you would think be disappointed.
GARY DYE
Perth Western Australia

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Duck

Last line of wording should read "You wont be disappointed"

They almost got it right

the User Guide says Maximum Time Setting is 19.5 Hours
It won't actually allow more than 10 Hours. Annoying to have to cool it down for 2 Hours, then start again. I bought his particular Model on the basis of the advertised settings. Is there a hardware/firmware fix for this, or do I just have a faulty Unit?
Disappointing.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Toastwithjam

ToastwithjamLaunceston, Tasmania

LOVE

Purchased from Harvey Norman who were kind enough to price Myer for me and have had mine for about a week now. So far I've made crunchy chickpeas, banana chips, kale chips and dried apples. I really love the ease of use, it's pretty quiet and fairly easy to clean. Just set the timer and temperature and go! A great way to make tasty and healthy snacks and preserve food.

Brendan K.Sunbeam
Food Dehydrators

Find out how Sunbeam Food Lab DT6000 compares to other Food Dehydrators

Matthew S.

Matthew S.asked

Can any one tell me how many watts this unit uses?
I want to run it off grid and need to know if my little inverter can keep up with its power demands.

Rossi V.

Rossi V.asked

Love my Sunbeam dehydrator but it’s giving me trouble. Everything I’ve dried has taken around 3 times as long as the recipe suggests. When fruit roll ups took 24 hours to dry I got a thermometer with a probe and tested the internal temperature. 52 degrees, but I’d had it set at 70 for hours. Today I returned that unit and came home with a new one. I’ve turned it on (empty) set at 70 degrees, and put the thermometer probe in. After two hours running the internal temperature is only 57 degrees. Any suggestions re what’s going on?

Fiona C.

Fiona C.asked

I brought my DT6000 dehydrator 4 days ago at Harvey Norman, filled it with Jerky today it went for about 45 minutes then shut off and wont turn back on .

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryFood Dehydrators