Sunbeam Food Lab DT6000

Sunbeam Food Lab DT6000

MPNs: 461, DT6000 and SNB-DT6000
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

Healthy & tasty snacks with my Sunbeam dehydrator

I love my new Sunbeam dehydrator. This batch: pineapple, navel orange, mango and Royal Gala apples. Healthy and tasty snacks with no added chemicals. Yum! Lots of fun experimenting as well.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $159.

Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.

This is perfect for jerky or zucchini chips

Have been using this to make keto snacks at home, saving myself a fortune on packaged snacks. Very easy to use and to clean, I prefer the design compared to the traditional circular dehydrators

Purchased in for $189.

Peta
Peta

Awesome for my need

I bought this to make Jerky and am positively wrapped with this purchase. Tried fruit but l wasn't interested, not dehydrators fault. I used to buy cheap stuff to see if l wanted more, YES, l did.

Purchased in .

Kitty
KittyDarling Downs, QLD

Awesome for Cake Decorators

I have owned this dehydrator for 6 months and as a a hobby cake decorator, I don't know how I have lived without it in my life. Sugar flowers used to take days to make & now I'm making full blooms in hours.
Only thing, not a fan of the slide up & out door to access inside.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $199.

Kylie m
Kylie mPeregian Beach

Great item to have!

We’ve had this product for well over a year and made multiple amounts of jerky, that have turned out great. I’ve also made crackers and fruit which has come out good too. Only issue is with the racks, hard to clean and are not dishwasher safe. Apart from that, definitely worthy of a spot in the kitchen!

Purchased at Myer Online Store.

Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message

Great to hear, thanks Kylie m!

Not a good experience

I bought two of these units and the weak plastic trays keep snapping in half. If your doing fruits or jerky you'll be fine but no soft offal or dog bones. The round dehydrators are more solid with stronger plastic making them more durable. I've had to source two stainless steel things to form a tray because 6 are damaged. I did talk to sunbeam about a replacement for one cracked/broken tray but I was treated like an idiot. You are treated like you're being an inconvenience to them.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $180.

min40fcPerth, WA

Better design than others

Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message

Hi min40fc, thanks for the great review. Very informative for potential users.

min40fc

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Tony
TonyPicton

Only used 3 times and now it won't heat

Got this from Harvey Norman in New Zealand. First couple of times was fine although I still noticed periods where it was cold. Now the heater refuses to work altogether. Have wasted my time trying to dry fruit a few times now. This must be a faulty unit. Am returning to Harvey Norman.

Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message

Hi Tony, this one definitely must have slipped through the cracks. Yes please return to store for a replacement and you will be able to dry your fruit successfully...

Boyd W.
Boyd W.Perth, WA

Exactly what I wanted/expeted

Well priced and does beef jerky a treat. I do not bother to rotate shelves just set and forget, come back 10 hours later and have great jerky. Just put in first batch of fish Jerky and that has come up great. Only thing that would make it superb would be dish washable shelves.

Pam39
Pam39Perth

Good value

Had done a brief research before buying this product. It's around $60 cheaper than other famous brands while on sale. I like the fact that it has 6 racks so I can as much as I can for each time. Had made dried fruits mainly and the noise is not bad at all. Will recommend this product to friends.

DuckPerth, WA

Very Happy

I researched dehydration machines in detail and was impressed with the Sunbeam due to its size and abilities.
My main use is for Beef Jerky which after a couple of trials with diferent meats and flavourings I have mastered the art and the kids are more than happy.
Do yourself a favour and buy one you would think be disappointed.
GARY DYE
Perth Western Australia

Duck

Last line of wording should read "You wont be disappointed"

They almost got it right

the User Guide says Maximum Time Setting is 19.5 Hours
It won't actually allow more than 10 Hours. Annoying to have to cool it down for 2 Hours, then start again. I bought his particular Model on the basis of the advertised settings. Is there a hardware/firmware fix for this, or do I just have a faulty Unit?
Disappointing.

Toastwithjam
ToastwithjamLaunceston, Tasmania

LOVE

Purchased from Harvey Norman who were kind enough to price Myer for me and have had mine for about a week now. So far I've made crunchy chickpeas, banana chips, kale chips and dried apples. I really love the ease of use, it's pretty quiet and fairly easy to clean. Just set the timer and temperature and go! A great way to make tasty and healthy snacks and preserve food.

Brendan K.SunbeamSend a private message