MPNs: DT6000 and SNB-DT6000

Great item to have!

We’ve had this product for well over a year and made multiple amounts of jerky, that have turned out great. I’ve also made crackers and fruit which has come out good too. Only issue is with the racks, hard to clean and are not dishwasher safe. Apart from that, definitely worthy of a spot in the kitchen!

Purchased at Myer Online Store.

Noise Level
Used for: Meat and Soft Fruit
Great to hear, thanks Kylie m!

Not a good experience

I bought two of these units and the weak plastic trays keep snapping in half. If your doing fruits or jerky you'll be fine but no soft offal or dog bones. The round dehydrators are more solid with stronger plastic making them more durable. I've had to source two stainless steel things to form a tray because 6 are damaged. I did talk to sunbeam about a replacement for one cracked/broken tray but I was treated like an idiot. You are treated like you're being an inconvenience to them.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $180.00.

Noise Level
Used for: Meat
Hi J C, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and sorry to hear you have not had a good experience with our service. This has been passed on to our Customer Service Manager. The DT6000 is not designed to dry heavy bones or offal type foods. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Better design than others

Dehydrators?? A good idea if you know how to use them. Unfortunately many are round and plastic with more of a focus on vegetables , herbs , fruit or flowers but really tacky to use for meat products.

I only found this design by chance and I grabbed it, My aim is to make beef jerky or Biltong . Normally you would be using a system of screened racks and mesh for meat but this one has plastic shelves which in my opinion is its only drawback. I would rather metal shelves. It does come with mesh screens for finer items though

Still, a fan forced low wattage cooking dehydrator is what is needed and this works well enough. More practical for loading over the pancake cylindrical designs and more functional with control. You wont be eating much power over time with a 500 watt element. The unit though is not compact and would eat up some cupboard real estate in your house for storage.

Seems many electrical retail outlets dont know about them as I found this one at Myer and no where else.(WA)
Good guys and Harveys were selling the other types which are not practical designs in my opinion This design is far better.

A tiered racking system and more open area is the better version such as this one.
It does what I expected , results are as expected. and yes Im only using it for one purpose.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi min40fc, thanks for the great review. Very informative for potential users..Here is a beef jerky recipe for the newbys 1/2 kilo (500 grams) of good quality topside beef 8 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce 8 tablespoons of light soy sauce 2 tablespoons of dried ginger 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika 1 tablespoon of moroccan spice 1 tablespoon of dried chilli flakes 2 tablespoons of hot chilli sauce 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg 1 teaspoon of ground cloves 3 tablespoons of honey 2 tablespoons of brown sugar Cut topside beef into 5mm thick 10-15mm wide strips Mix all ingredients together and marinate for 12 hrs in refrigerator It will take about 2 to 3 shelf racks but make sure you flatten and spread out meat onto trays with plenty of airspace. Use the lowest rack with the solid plastic tray on it, then put baking paper on the tray to keep it clean. This will catch the drips during cooking (not much) Set dehydrator to 70.c and set time for 5hrs 30 minutes (5:30) Rotate all shelf racks at 2:45 minutes (1/2 time into cooking cycle) If your not a spicy person remove the chilli components and perhaps the cayenne pepper from this recipe list. Go find beef jerky in the shops, divide the package sale weight into 500 grams and then multiply by the price per package by the result. Take it away from your net ingredient price (beter if your cupboard has some of these ingredients already as you dont use that much) Thats how much you saved doing it yourself and it will be considerable and well worth this investment Now I realise the machine will reduce water weight from the original and play with the figures but you are still very far in front

Only used 3 times and now it won't heat

Got this from Harvey Norman in New Zealand. First couple of times was fine although I still noticed periods where it was cold. Now the heater refuses to work altogether. Have wasted my time trying to dry fruit a few times now. This must be a faulty unit. Am returning to Harvey Norman.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Tony, this one definitely must have slipped through the cracks. Yes please return to store for a replacement and you will be able to dry your fruit successfully...

Exactly what I wanted/expeted

Well priced and does beef jerky a treat. I do not bother to rotate shelves just set and forget, come back 10 hours later and have great jerky. Just put in first batch of fish Jerky and that has come up great. Only thing that would make it superb would be dish washable shelves.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Good value

Had done a brief research before buying this product. It's around $60 cheaper than other famous brands while on sale. I like the fact that it has 6 racks so I can as much as I can for each time. Had made dried fruits mainly and the noise is not bad at all. Will recommend this product to friends.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Very Happy

I researched dehydration machines in detail and was impressed with the Sunbeam due to its size and abilities.
My main use is for Beef Jerky which after a couple of trials with diferent meats and flavourings I have mastered the art and the kids are more than happy.
Do yourself a favour and buy one you would think be disappointed.
GARY DYE
Perth Western Australia

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Last line of wording should read "You wont be disappointed"

They almost got it right

the User Guide says Maximum Time Setting is 19.5 Hours
It won't actually allow more than 10 Hours. Annoying to have to cool it down for 2 Hours, then start again. I bought his particular Model on the basis of the advertised settings. Is there a hardware/firmware fix for this, or do I just have a faulty Unit?
Disappointing.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

LOVE

Purchased from Harvey Norman who were kind enough to price Myer for me and have had mine for about a week now. So far I've made crunchy chickpeas, banana chips, kale chips and dried apples. I really love the ease of use, it's pretty quiet and fairly easy to clean. Just set the timer and temperature and go! A great way to make tasty and healthy snacks and preserve food.

Hi Toastwithjam, Thank you for your great feedback on the Sunbeam LC9000! If you require any further advise or information on the unit, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kind Regards Sunbeam

We bought a dehydrator from Harvey Norman last weekend. Have tried using it at different temperatures but the fan doesn’t seem to come on. It is very hot to touch at the back of the unit and cool at the front. We think it may be faulty?
Just send it back. They're awful.the fan should always be onHi Lee-Ann, Thank you for your question. The fan should operate when the unit is heating. Please return your DT6000 to Harvey Norman for a replacement.

I've used the dehydrator a few times, but today it simply won't turn on. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas how I can fix it? Thanks guys, appreciate any help.

Just bought a DT6000. Seems fine but I cannot work out how to run fan only with no heater. Is this possible as that is the final stage of making biltong?
You cant... You can only set the lowest temp and timeHi Phil, the best setting for you would be the lowest temp and time as it is not designed to just use the fan on it's own sorry.

CategoryFood Dehydrators