Fantastic Furniture Tribeca Chaise

Fantastic Furniture Tribeca Chaise

Peeling chaise after 1 year

I too am experiencing the same issue with the peeling chaise. I was told that it was real leather and this is definitely not true. There is no reason why leather would peel after 12 months of use. Really upset. I bought this in January 2015, I know if I go there they wouldn't help as it has expired. But yeah if you buy this expect this only to last no longer than 12 months. If they could provide another chaise at a reasonable price I'd certainly consider it because it is comfortable but it makes my place look extremely cheap. I will go back and see what they say.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Hi Craig! Thanks for getting in touch. We're terribly sorry to hear what's happened with your sofa and would like to investigate this for you. Can you please pass email us your best contact details and your order number, as well as any pictures of the sofa to reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au and we will look into this for you. Kind Regards, Jivani and the Fantastic Team.

Fake leather peel all through the house

Never shopping at Fantastic for furniture ever again.

Purchased in late 2013 for $1699 and this year it went from a small bubble near the neck area, to peeling off a good portion of the couch and fake leather spreading into every nook and cranny. Daily vacuuming got so frustrating that we now have two bedsheets covering the couch. I would avoid this product.

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Hi Jules, we're really sorry to hear you're having issues with your Tribeca Chaise. We'd really like to look into this further for you to see how we can assist. Would you be able to send through your order and contact details so we can get in touch? Our email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic teamUnsurprisingly despite Fantastic Furniture appearing helpful in this comment, the response from the store after getting in touch was the expected, "I do regret to inform you that as this was purchased in 2013 it is no longer covered under warranty. If you are wanting to look into purchasing a new sofa we will be more than happy to help you pick out a sofa that best suits you." Thanks, but no thanks - i don't want to donate just shy of $2000 to Fantastic for a a piece of furniture that lasts less time than a $20 toaster from Kmart.Hi Jules, I am very sorry that we were unable to assist with your sofa due to it being out of the warranty period. Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Awesome lounge and then it started to peel...

Bought in 2012, absolutely loved by me and anyone who sat in it.
About 18 months ago it started to bubble in one spot, thought nothing of it and then all of a sudden half the lounge has peeled off and a trail of fake leather follows me wherever I go.
Had hoped to get a fair bit more for my $1800...

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Hi Peta86, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Tribeca Chaise. We would like the opportunity to be able to look into this for you and assist in any way we can. Would it be possible to send through your contact and order details? Our email is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

So far so good

I would have had to use a single bed as a lounge suit

Now I have my chaise lounge I can now relax on a real lounge suite thanks to Fantastic furniture

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Brubear, thanks so much for choosing to shop with us! That's great to hear! We hope to see you again in store in the future. Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Disappointing peeling lounge (but great service)

Like others the lounge' unbonded leather bubbled and peeled, from bad to worse, within a month after only 2 years of ownership despite care. Spoke to Fantastic Furniture customer service and, as it was within warranty, we actually have a new lounge of our choice. Very professional but of course would have preferred to avoid it all in the first place.

Hi Busyb, I am very sorry to hear about the bubbling and peeling, but am glad we were able to assist and my apologies for the inconvenience the issues have caused, thanks for sharing your feedback. Regards Brendan and the Fantastic Team

Terrible product, significant peeling after less than 3 years.

Purchased this couch less than three years ago, the couch is now experiencing significant peeling and bubbling of the surface, to the point where it is now badly torn, with only very mild amounts of use. Extremely disappointed that a couch nearly $2000 in value has deteriorated so badly in under three years.

Given this I will never purchase any further items from Fantastic Furniture again.

Hi Steve, I am very sorry to hear about your sofa. Would it be possible to email me your details so that we can get in contact with you asap and help? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Brendan and the Fantastic team.

Yet another peeling of the 'leather'

I purchased this lounge in 2010. Very comfortable and still retains its shape on the cushions several years later however it has experienced the same leather bubble and then peel the same as being reported by other users. Currently discussing the return and refund with Fantastic.

Hi Glen, I am very sorry to hear about your Tribeca, if you need me to also contact the store please let me know and I can assist. My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Brendan and the Fantastic team

Dont buy it, contact surface is delaminating...

I purchased a Tribeca Chaise for $1800 back in 2009, great looking & very comfortable.
I was told buy the salesmen that the contact surface was real Italian leather (NOT BONDED) & the non-contact areas were other. Had I been told the truth I would not have bought it..!
Just before the warranty expired it started to delaminate, at first I thought I may have done the damage with a zip somehow so I ignored it, however it continued to deteriorate and 1-2 months post warranty its totally stuffed...
The use during ownership has been respectful and limited to 2-3 days per weeks by 2 adults only, no kids or pets.
I have since contacted the store manager from Fantastic Furniture (Dandenong) who has said he does not have any authority to help, and the manufacturer wont help as it was out of warranty by 2 months when it completely fell apart. VCAT here we come..!

Hi Jon, I'm sorry to hear about that, would it be possible to email me your contact details so that we can get in contact? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Brendan and the Fantastic TeamSoon after preparing and submitting the required documents to for a VCAT hearing, negotiations began. Just prior the VCAT hearing date, I was offered a financial settlement that I accepted.

Peeling Lounge, Fram still good and comfort still good

The thin black colour/leather/paint- however it is has peeled off in multiple places after just over 2 years. The peeling started around 12 months ago but thought we only had a 12 month warrenty. It was only having a discussion with a friend that he said he took his back and received a replacement no questions asked. He spoke to the store manager. I had no such luck, although the store manager was away but I was assured our warranty was a couple months out of date and nothing could be done. My gripe is not only the lounge and it condition. From the purchase date I paid for it, delivery took another 2 months to get delivered when it was delivered the modular would not line up with the 2nd piece so I had to get that replaced and the we I finally got receipt of another lounge that was damaged and sent that back was 6 weeks later we finally got our current lounge . So even though that was my purchase date I have already experienced many months of inconveniences and would of fallen in the warranty time frame. My other mate claims down south she jumped up and down till something was done although this is not my style. Please buy with caution cause the material will give away before the structure of the lounge and yes it was comfy too.

Hi Ron, would it be possible to email me your details including dates etc so that we can investigate fully and then assist? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Brendan and the Fantastic team

Rubbish

The thin black colour/leather/paint- whatever it is has peeled off in multiple places after 2 years without much use, quality is terrible, I'll never buy anything from them again, they only sell cheap rubbish, I paid $2000 for this lounge, a few hundred more and I could have got a real leather lounge from a reputable seller.
style
Quality and Quality

Hi Gavin, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Would it be possible to email me at reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au with your details so that we can investigate the issue? Regards Brendan and the Fantastic Team.Yes it is rubbish. I purchased the 3 seater, 2 seater and the chaise and it's happening to mine as well. I purchased these about 3 years ago and now have to find replacements or have them re upholstered. I agree with Gavin, I could have spent a little bit more and got the real deal. NinaG.Hi Nina, would you be able to email me at reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au so we can investigate? Regards Brendan and the Fantastic Team