Koala Sofa

Koala Sofa

2018 - 2019, 2020

Jenny B

Jenny BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love this sofa. The only problem is the difficulty I have getting off it!

I ordered the sofa at 8.30 in the morning and it was delivered before lunch. The video on their website helped in putting it together and it was relatively easy, although 2 people make it a lot easier.
Really comfy, very stylish.

Purchased in January 2020.

GenKS

GenKSCanberra

Amazing customer service, super comfy couch!

I have bought both a couch and ottoman from Koala and have been blown away by their customer service. Their products are super comfy, make you feel right at home and have a super premium feel to them, but they also come from a company that feels really Australian and really local. Even though i initially had a small issue with my ottoman, I still cannot recommend them enough because the customer support team was amazing in resolving my problem; they emailed promptly and spoke to me one on one like real people, no standardised messages etc, you can tell they are proud of their company and it's made me a life long customer. And ill repeat it because its import- Super comfy couch!!!!

Purchased in December 2019.

Emma M.

Emma M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exceeded expectation! Love them

I had read lots of reviews and had thought they sounded like what I was after. Admittedly the instructional videos could have been a little more detailed and I didn’t find written instructions until after I finished the three seater. Customer service were great on the text chat to answer my questions whilst assembling. Had them for 8 weeks now, I have 9 year old twins, a dog and cat (that rule the house) and they are still perfect. Haven’t washed covers as yet but pet hair barely shows and grubby marks wipe clean with water and a cloth. Super comfortable, the 6’4 husband can easily lie out and fall asleep. Good clearance underneath for vacuuming.
Everyone comments on how comfortable they are when they visit.

Purchased in December 2019.

KAC

KACSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality, stylish, wonderful company

Purchased in May 2019 for $1,400.00.

Amy

AmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It was ok for the first 2 weeks

The sofa came in the allocated time slot.
( side note - Driver was very unhelpful and would not assist with moving the boxes into my elevator. He said his job is to deliver it and not assist)
The sofa came in a few boxes - it was easy to put together - would of been easier for two people though.
I struggled a little.
The couch itself after two weeks use started pilling and sagging
Koala offered to pick up and replace that part of the sofa. This was a good experience.
However the pilling started again on the sofa so I guess that wasn’t a fix.
And it is a poor quality product. Is sagging again and pilling. Very unfortunate.

Purchased in August 2019 for $950.00.

Koala S.Koala

That's not good to hear at all Amy. If you would like to, you are more than welcome to get in touch with us at support@koala.com, we might be able to sort out some other sort of arrangement for you :)

Sarah E Moore

Sarah E MooreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good couch!

I really enjoy the koala couch. Very comfortable to nap on and sit.
Not good if you have pets, my dogs nails gets caught on the fabric and causes little loops to form :)

Purchased in September 2019.

Koala S.Koala

Hey Sarah, we are glad you like your sofa! If you want to get in touch with us at support@koala.com, there might be something we can do to help with your fabric issues.

Sheridan Brady

Sheridan BradySydney, NSW

Still waiting

Called months ago for a replacement back pillow cover. The zip broke in the washing machine. Several calls later.... still no cover. I gave up and took it to be repaired at the cost of $65 for a new zipper. It has now pulled out of the fabric. So my lounge looks crap!

Purchased in May 2019.

Koala S.Koala

Hey Sheridan! Really sorry to hear, I can't see a record for a warranty claim under "Sheridan Brady" - If you email support@koala.com our After Care team can sort it out asap for you.

Not recommended

I purchased this couch due to Koala claiming it was easy to take the cover off to clean. Unfortunately this is not the case, under the care instructions it states ‘Do not remove cushion covers for separate cleaning or washing even though they may have zippers‘ which completely contradicts the Q&A section that states they can be removed. Very disappointed in the pilling as well. I’ve had the couch less than a year & it has not worn well in that time.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,200.00.

BillyPerth, WA

2 seater sofa became sagging & fabric started pilling after one month of purchase.

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,100.00.

Deborah56Perth, WA

Perfect

Easy to order. Delivery next day. Put together in minutes. So comfortable and looks great. All cushion covers zip off and can be washed. No need to get them cleaned which saves money and time.

Purchased in November 2019 at Koala Living Online Store.

Melanie P.Perth, WA

Love the look, hate the fabric

I absolutely love the look and how comfortable my Koala sofa is. What I cant stand is the pilling. I have to de-pill at least once a month and it looks great for about a week.

Purchased in October 2018 at Koala Living Online Store for $1,000.00.

Koala S.Koala

Good morning Melanie, we are so sorry to hear and we can assist you if you reach out to us at support@koala.com :-)

I have a sent an email

Perfect! Thank you Melanie! We will be with you shortly

Comfortable, affordable and totally meets the apartment brief.

We have purchased two sofas - a 3 and 2 seater, as well as an ottoman. For all, delivery was prompt, we easily got them in the lift, assembled and sat. Very happy with the quality, comfort and customer service.

Purchased in August 2019.

Koala S.Koala

Perfect Mel! Thank you for sharing this feedback with us :)

Jules

JulesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect design for city living

The design offered a way to get a good sized sofa into an apartment via a narrow entry - the 3 seater is extremely comfortable. The ottoman complemented the sofa perfectly.

Purchased in September 2019 at Koala Living for $1,500.00.

Koala S.Koala

Awesome, thank you Jules :-)

Dean

DeanGippsland, VIC

Comfortable but fabric not so great

The couch is really comfortable. My only issue is that after only 2 months the fabric is pilling which is frustrating would have been 5 stars if not for this.

Purchased in June 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $1,000.00.

Koala S.Koala

Hello Dean, thank you for sharing your feedback and we are so sorry to hear about the pilling of the fabric. Could you please send us a quick email at support@koala.com and our team will assist you :)

EmilyCanberra 2600, ACT

Significant problems with both the customer service and the sofa

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,250.00.

Koala S.Koala

Completely understand, apologies again! Accounts has processed your refund, but again, since we are refunding directly to your bank account, depending on what bank you have it can take up to 1-5 business days.

Stacey D.

Stacey D.Sydney, NSW

Great sofa but first product faulty

Very happy with the sofa but unfortunately the original product I was sent was faulty, it took hours of frustration to work out the issue. After contacting Koala a new piece was sent 2 days later, but this in itself was time consuming because one truck collected the faulty piece and a separate truck delivered the new piece many hours later in the afternoon. Very happy with the sofa but I ordered for the convenience of four hour delivery and it did not end up convenient at all.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you so much for your feedback Stacey and we are so sorry about your experience again. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@koala.com should you need further assistance or if you have questions.

Aloke B.

Aloke B.Sydney, NSW

Awesome experience from purchase to delivery at the door

I was really impressed with the whole purchase experience to the delivery been well informed and would recommend it. I have had trouble assembling it but other than that I was happy with the product and its really comfortable.

Purchased in October 2019 at au.koala.com for $1,250.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the review! :)

Comfy couch, very pleased with it.

Easy to put together with two people,
Comfy to sit on & sleep on. Quick delivery & not waiting for a couch was a highlight. I recommend this couch to anyone that needs a comfy couch without waiting or an expensive price tag. Very happy with it.

Purchased in October 2019.

So happy to hear! :)

Nick K.

Nick K.Sydney, NSW

LOVE IT!

Purchased in June 2018 at Koala Living for $1,000.00.

Koala S.Koala

Hey Nick! Could you reach out to support@koala.com? The metal bar shouldn't be noticeable when seated.

Exactly what I was after!

Exactly what I was after and love that the material can be unzipped for easy cleaning! The ONLY thing that could be a problem is I find wood splinters and small shavings can find their way into the fabric. But I guess that wont a problem once the house renovations are complete ;)

Purchased in October 2019.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the feedback Misty! Good luck with the reno's!

Maisie E.

Maisie E.asked

Have the issues with the pilling fabric now been rectified? I notice on your website that you say you've listened to the feedback and have changed the fabric. Can you confirm it won't pill? I must admit, I've never owned a sofa that pills so I find it a bit odd! The pics of some people's sofas look terrible!

Hi Maisie,
Since I got the sofa to the new one for a few weeks now, no pilling so far but it's getting sagging again :( I also bought sofa cover to prevent the potential pilling problem. I personally don't recommend to you. I certainly regret buying it. Koala mattress is good but the sofa needs alot of improvement. Hope that helps. :)

Hey Billy!
This doesn't sound right at all, we don't sell sofa covers? We do send them out if customers experience a pilling issue. You're also absolutely correct, we've recognised where the sofa can improve and sagging and piling is no longer an issue :)

Email support@koala.com and we can sort you out.

Hey Maisie,
The fabric has been changed so it is more durable but pilling can occur occasionally as a result of normal daily wear and should not be considered a fault.
Hope this helps!

Genevieve M.

Genevieve M.asked

I’m wondering if the ottoman attaches to the lounge in anyway? Or does it slide away when you are laying in it?

Deborah56

The ottoman doesn’t attach to the lounge. I put felt pads on the bottom of the legs to stop it sliding on the wooden flooring.

Koala S.Koala

Hey Genevieve! exactly what Deborah said, the ottoman does not attach to the lounge.

Chloeasked

I live in Canberra and therefore can't return this if I buy it and don't like it - a huge risk if it's no good, or there's something wrong. If I get this and there's something wrong (like the reviews with misdelivered components) do I have to pay to return the wrong bits? Or is it like the comfort return, if you're not in Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne it's purchase at your own risk?

Hi there!
If you end up returning because the item doesn't suit, you are absolutely able to return it for a full refund within the 120 nights.

However, due to your location, you would need to either drop it off to our Sydney warehouse or arrange for a courier to deliver it at your own expense.

If we made a mistake and sent you the wrong part or if anything was wrong with the order we would absolutely rectify this right away and you wouldn't be charged anything in terms of return postage or delivery fees etc.
I hope this helps!

Chloe

Thanks, that's the main thing that's putting me off buying it - it would cost $400 or so to return it by courier if we don't like it, so the no questions asked return policy isn't as much of a selling point for us a few hours down the highway

Hasan
Hasan

Hi Chloe, I’m in the same boat, living in Canberra and unable to test it out at a store, risk buying it and then realising it’s not comfy.
Did you end up buying another brand? I’m in the market for a 3-seater.

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives