Koala Sofa

Koala Sofa

Looks great but 6 months in sags and uncomfortable

Delivery was fast, and assembly really easy as promised. The sofa looks great, though a few months in became quite uncomfortable and has since sagged significantly so much that I avoid sitting on it for long. Would recommend as a spare sofa but it is not durable enough to be used every day.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,000.00.

Hi James, I've sent you a message regarding your sofa issue. Thanks

Perfect for me - widowed and needing furniture.

Very comfy and love how it suits me with short legs - haven't had time yet to try a nap on it but suspect it will be very comfy. Would recommend it highly to anyone with apartments/units and only a few people living in such accommodation.

Purchased in May 2019 for $1,500.00.

Thanks, Jen :-)

1 year on it sags

The ordering & assembly process was excellent. Couch looks great however base could be thicker/firmer. Definite sag on the side frequented by my teenage son. The double sided tape holding back of sofa has lifted off and doesn’t stick properly. We also got a cat since purchasing, who destroyed the fabric with one scratch. Reason for buying was the washable fabric, but does not hold up to an occasional cat scratch, and is somewhat pilling where we sit. Love the company but think some elements of the sofa need to be better quality to withstand normal family use. I hope newer versions will improve.

Purchased in April 2018 at Koala for $1,000.00.

Hi there, Thank you for your review We would definitely like to look into all of these issues you mentioned. Could you please email me and attach some photos showing these problems? (the fabric pilling, tape, and sagging) Thank you very much Eve e.simmance@koala.com

Great Sofa!

We are very happy with our sofa. It got delivered very quickly. It was so easy to put together. We love the fact that every part of its coverings can be washed. The price was very reasonable. Love the one seat cushion, it is very comfortable. Also love the fact that endangered species are being supported with the purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at Koala for $1,550.00.

Thanks, Peter!

Great looking and comfy couch

We love our Koala sofa. It came very promptly after ordering and it was delivered to our door. It was easy to assemble too. It is stylish and very comfy. The covers can come off so its practical and easy to clean.

Purchased in April 2019.

Thanks for the honest review Kate, we really appreciate it!

Excellent product for a lean lifestyle!

Excellent sofa, no-frills comfortable, good value for money, if you want a lean home. I shopped around to buy a sofa in Hobart. A comparable sofa price was higher and required at least 3 weeks to deliver. Koala's sofa was cheaper and delivery was just four days from the mainland.

Purchased in March 2019.

Best sofa!

Such a great sofa, easy assembly, and fast delivery. The sofa is so comfortable and I love that the seat cushion is all one cushion. I couldn’t be more happy with my purchase..

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,450.00.

Thanks for your review, Joe!

Nice couch, but would not purchase again.

I purchased the couch because it looked amazing online and I had read lots of great reviews. The transaction and delivery process were second to none. I couldn't believe how easy it was. When I got the sofa, I found it easy to assemble by myself. It took longer because I was doing it solo. It is very comfortable when you sit on either side, but I can feel the metal bar when sitting in the middle. After having it for about 8 months, though, I am looking at buying a different couch to replace it. The fabric is prone to pulls and fabric balls and is definitely not suitable for pets. The loose weave of the fabric makes it very difficult to vacuum pet hair. The other day, I spent 2 hours cleaning it, trying to get the hair out with a vac and using a fabric shaver to get rid of all the fabric balls. When I have spoken to Koala about ways to battle this, they suggested I cover the entire couch with blankets or sheets. I do this normally, but it takes away from the look of the couch. I think the Koala couch would be best used as an occasional couch, not one in a frequently used living area.

Purchased in July 2018 for $1,000.00.

Hi Laura, I'm sorry you're not happy with the fabric. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your review.

They said it was the most nappable sofa. They weren’t lying.

The Koala Sofa is the most comfortable couch I’ve ever owned, sitting on it is a joy and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

I live in a regional area so although Koala’s 4 hour delivery window didn’t apply to me, it was still delivered within a few days of ordering, which is incredible compared to the 6-8 weeks one would usually wait for furniture delivery.

Assembly is easy, it took about 10 minutes for me and my housemate to assemble. You’re provided with a large, easy-to-follow diagram. They even threw in a little plushie turtle who now sits on the corner of the sofa to remind us about the great work they do to preserve natural habitats of wild animals. We’ve named him Herman.

Purchased in February 2019.

Herman is a great name! Thanks for your review, Andrew. So glad you're finding it comfy :)

Loving the new sofa

Koala has definitely got the right idea with their sofa and ottoman - one of the most appealing things to me was that it was modular and could easily be transported up stairs if required. We don't have stairs yet, but are looking at moving and not sure what we'll be moving into, and anything that makes furniture moving easier is a win in my mind.

Second great thing about the couch was comfort - it is really comfortable, save for occasionally near the middle of the sofa you can feel the metal frame, but that's really a result of the fact that the base of the sofa splits in two, so understandable. I'm around 6 foot and can lie (very) comfortably on it, which compares well to a lot of other sofas that seem to be just a little too short. Loving the flexibility of the ottoman too.

Third, it looks like something nearly twice the price. Very nice finish, very stylish. Ordering and delivery were fine, no issues although delivery out of Sydney metro was a little slower than I hoped. No 4-hour delivery.

Some minor gripes:
- the ottoman doesn't seem to be made of the same super-comfy foam that the main cushion is made of, it's a lot firmer. Makes for a better seat, but it's not as comfortable when lying with head/shoulders on the sofa and hips/legs on the ottoman or vice-versa. Fine for resting legs while sitting though.
- The fabric threads aren't tightly woven and catch on things and pull out far too easily - our 2-year old son was innocently driving his toy motorbike around the sofa for a few minutes before I realised he'd pulled about a dozen threads out into little loops, just a couple of days after we put it together. While it's sort-of fixed for the time being, I've just noticed another thread pulled out already and I'm scared it's going to happen again next time my keyring or watch strap or glasses or.... you get the point. This is probably the biggest problem with it and my biggest annoyance.

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,317.00.

Hi Paul, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We really appreciate your feedback and will be passing on the points you made about the fabric and ottoman to our product design team.

I’ve tried every couch in Melbourne

Have literally fallen asleep on this couch twice! I love that the cushions and covers are removable. So much more supportive for my back and comfy at the same time than all the other sofas I’ve tried and some for triple the price. The ottoman makes the whole configuration so flexible.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,500.00.

It's all about marketing, quality is average

It's ok but you will get better ones for the money. I guess you pay for the customer support and the hassle free delivery. The sofa itself is OK, have seen worth but it's really not that good.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,100.00.

Hi Ken, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling unimpressed with the Sofa. Thanks for your feedback. All our products come with the 120-night trial, so please feel free to reach out if you are wanting to return it.

Great design. Too easy.

Thanks for getting tooless design right it’s 10 times more rewarding than IKEA that’s for sure and it will last 10 times longer too. The pillows are pricey but at least I got one free last time.

Purchased in March 2019.

Thanks, Tim! We appreciate your feedback.

Bloody awesome

Comfortable, great size, easy to assemble. The sofa was delivered on time, customer service kept me up to date on my order and it all arrived as per the product description.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,499.00.

Thank you!

Comfy stylish Sofa

I'm really happy with the sofa and ottoman I bought from Koala. Very comfy to sit on and have fallen asleep a few times on it. Delivered quickly and easy to put together. Highly recommend the company and their products.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,450.00.

Thanks for leaving a review, Zoe!

Great product. Great service. Just great!

Our Koala lounge and chase looks good and is very comfortable. Doubles as an extra single bed. Delivery was prompt. It was easy to put together - just watched the YouTube video and copied. While there were a few pulled threads, Koala have rectified this by supplying another set of covers! Very happy.
Our Koala queen mattress has also been a good purchase. We purchased after a recommendation from family who were also very happy.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,150.00.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Sandy!

Amazing!

We're really happy with our new bed and mattress! We loved how simple they were to put together, the quality of materials and the good causes Koala supports! We highly recommend Koala!

Thank you, Will!

Four minutes? PFFFFFT - Otherwise a great sofa

Is it a great, comfy sofa? Yes! Was the customer service and delivery good? Yes! Did it take 4 minutes to assemble? Not on your life.

A couple small gripes...
#1 - When you order you're not informed that free delivery means that they will carry it up a maximum of three flights of stairs and are not permitted to enter your apartment / house. For HSE and insurance reasons apparently. This wasn't a huge issue for me but Koala have a duty of care to make customers aware of this more clearly.
#2 - Saying that it takes a single person to assemble the sofa in 4 minutes is the biggest lie told since the Clinton/Lewinsky affair. Especially when one of the arms has a bracket misaligned and takes four minutes to get onto the frame to begin with.

Overall I am happy - will see how well it ages but it was a good purchase.

Purchased in February 2018 for $1,500.00.

Hi Kara, Thanks for your feedback. We do have the 3 flights of stairs rule stated in the FAQ page. Sorry to hear you had trouble with one of the parts. Great to hear you are happy overall.Hi Koala, I did find it on your FAQ page but its very hard to find (multiple clicks to get there) and not ideal from a UX/CX perspective. I think it would be valuable to make this more obvious to customers. Just a suggestion.... use it / don't use it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Great! Convenient, comfortable, and easy to put together. Also amazing after-sale support!

After doing some research, the convenience of easy assembly and disassembly, given I still rent/move around, made this one of my top choices for a Sofa. I did end up ordering this earlier than I expected as my existing cheapo Ikea couch bit the bullet and Ikea refused a warranty despite being less than 2 years old and their 10 year guarantee but that's a review for another day... But suffice to say, apart from unavailability in the first instance (no stock for a week), the sofa arrived in the time stipulated, and was easy enough for me to put together by myself in around ~15 minutes. (Would've been 10, but I didn't check instructions and had the bases facing the wrong way initially :P). Less mobile people may definitely require 2 people.

The pillows/base seat are comfortable and soft, and we were worried about the centre join being an issue, but we essentially cannot feel it, and if you do it's not enough to annoy or bother us at all. Long enough for me (at 6') to lie down comfortably and nap stretched out. The metal frame feels solid and durable. Their long warranty (10 year frame, 5 year otherwise) is great peace of mind as well.

Ours did unfortunately come with a small hole in the mesh of one of the bases, however this is being dealt with currently and we're expecting the replacement/pickup of old parts this evening. I'm pre-writing this review however as after sales support has been great, responsive, understanding and willing to help. I even received a small 'surprise' care package as it were, which I had no idea what it was, until I picked it up this morning, and was pleasantly surprised to find a lovely handwritten note with an apology for the issue along with a wish for me to rest well on the Sofa after an upcoming surgery I mentioned in passing (and some other lovely goodies!) How nice! I'd like to give a shout out to the person who took their time to send this out, and make it personalised. I picked it up this morning from the drop-off point so definitely made my day.

I have no regrets with this purchase, and even with a minor issue, after-sales support has been amazing and I cannot fault the process. I've purchased before from Koala (King Single Mattress) which was great, though I did personally find that too soft to sleep on for me personally and had to swap it eventually later (and upgrade to a Queen anyway), but again in terms of the process, support and service, I thus far cannot fault them. The courier on initial delivery was polite and helpful (brought to my door, though did not enter the premises as stipulated, ensure you have an able-bodied person for the last-leg of moving the boxes), so I guess I've been lucky on the support/courier side overall!

Thanks again to Koala and to the person who made the extra effort to bring a smile to my face.

Purchased in February 2019.

Just to add, delivery of the new parts arrived last night, and a pickup for the old parts occurred a while after this. So all good now warranty wise! If I had one piece of feedback for this particular process, it would be to provide a tracking code for the pickup driver too, as I had no idea when he was coming or where he was, or even if it was occurring apart from the initial email from Koala directly. Made it hard to plan out dinner! Luckily worked out in this instance :).

Comfy af

Very comfy, easy to put together. We have found that watching TV at night has become an issue because we keep falling asleep on the couch. Ottoman is great too.

Thanks Martin!

I live in Canberra and therefore can't return this if I buy it and don't like it - a huge risk if it's no good, or there's something wrong. If I get this and there's something wrong (like the reviews with misdelivered components) do I have to pay to return the wrong bits? Or is it like the comfort return, if you're not in Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne it's purchase at your own risk?
Hi there! If you end up returning because the item doesn't suit, you are absolutely able to return it for a full refund within the 120 nights. However, due to your location, you would need to either drop it off to our Sydney warehouse or arrange for a courier to deliver it at your own expense. If we made a mistake and sent you the wrong part or if anything was wrong with the order we would absolutely rectify this right away and you wouldn't be charged anything in terms of return postage or delivery fees etc. I hope this helps!Thanks, that's the main thing that's putting me off buying it - it would cost $400 or so to return it by courier if we don't like it, so the no questions asked return policy isn't as much of a selling point for us a few hours down the highwayHi Chloe, I’m in the same boat, living in Canberra and unable to test it out at a store, risk buying it and then realising it’s not comfy. Did you end up buying another brand? I’m in the market for a 3-seater.

I am interested in buying a Sofa and Ottoman but just a bit hesitant with the fabric. (Polyester) I am in Far North Queensland and a bit worried it could be too hot to sit on. Also, is the seating bit very soft? It looks like in the photos? It would be great if somebody could give me some feedback on those aspects. Thank you
I haven't found the cloth too hot so far, but NQ summers are extreme, so I'm not sure how it would fair. In SE Qld it's fine. The mattress is firmer than it looks and softens over time. The only downside is that when it softens in one area, you can't just flip or swivel the mattress/seat pad due to where the zip is. You have to also take it out of its cover and flip it around. Mine has a firm spot in the centre over the bar as no one sits there which means there will be uneven wear over time.thank you Anna

Similar listings