Koala Sofa

Koala Sofa

The worst

I don't know where all these shinning 5 star reviews are coming from, this sofa is literally the worst I've ever sat on in my entire life. The fabric piles really really badly. Can feel the metal frame every time I sit down. It's so upsetting knowing how much I paid for this, I wish I had just ordered a leather couch instead, the most regretful purchase of my life so far. I hope I save someone some money with this review. Don't waste it on this sofa, trust me.

Purchased in October 2018 for $15,550.00.

Hi Courtney, I am really sorry to hear this, it sounds like a warranty issue and something that we would love to resolve. If you could please send an email to support@koala.com along with your order number and we can get the warranty process underway. Sweet Dreams

Don't believe the youtube clip about ease of assembly

It took two of us multiple hours over two days to finally be able to put this thing together. You really have to squeeze the side panels inwards to be able to get the back to fit into the brackets.
It's less than a month old and the fabric on the cushions is starting to "ripple" and it's never looked great from behind - you have to velcro the fabric to the base so getting it taught, flat and smooth is near impossible. Should have saved our money and gone to Freedom.

Purchased in August 2019 at Koala Living Online Store.

last minute purchase but it was worth it

Had to move out due to a housemate moving overseas for work. I needed a couch and rather than wait weeks and weeks for a couch I tried out a koala which only took a few days after I ordered. It's comfy as.

Purchased in August 2019.

Amazing product, not so amazing delivery

Easy online ordering, good quality product.

But when the delivery arrived, they refused to move it up to my unit even with elevators so I had to move whole queen size mattress, bed frame, 3-seater sofa and ottoman boxes from loading bay to my home. ( I ordered sofa with bed frame & mattress)

I'd never expect some appliances or furnitures only to deliver to loading bay.

Also there was small gaps between backseat and arm rest but simply pushing hard worked.

Dissappointed with the 4 step build

The sofa is just fine, however what i actually hated was the instruction. The video in youtube shows how easy to build the sofa, but they did not specify that the sofa does lean a bit when you try to assemble it, it took me and my wife an hour to figure out its not like attaching legos together like what the video shows.

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,600.00.

Thanks for your review! It can be a bit tricky at times, I can pass on your feedback to the team so we can work out what to do better :)

Mixed Feelings

Love how the sofa looks and the length is perfect for lying down. I did expect it to be more comfortable but it is comparable with other sofas that are much cheaper. I would also have preferred it to be wider to sit on comfortably. It really is not as easy to assemble as described in the video. It depends on the manufactured parts, which from my experience is inconsistent. Two people for assembling would be ideal. Customer service is excellent though. That, I could not fault. Not a sofa I would highly recommend but will keep mine because it is too much trouble to return.

Purchased in August 2019.

Thanks for the honest feedback Wong, we really do appreciate it. If you would like some follow-up support to return your Sofa we are here to help. Just send an email to support@koala.com along with your order number and we can help you out.

Amzing product, service, delivery time

Easy online ordering experience, fast delivery , great quality product . Super easy to build. I would highly recommend this product. I ordered 3 seater with ottoman and will be ordering another 2 seater and 2 ottoman shorrtly for other rooms in the house

Amazing customer services

We ordered a two seater, three seater and ottomon. The service and delivery were wonderful. The couch however did not end up suiting our needs so we returned it within the 120 night trial period. This is where Koala excelled and exceeded my expectations. This process was seamlessly easy. The couches were picked up and my money refunded in a matter of days. What an outstanding company! Are you able to teach your customer service to all other companies? They have a lot to learn from you!

Purchased in June 2019 for $2,700.00.

Comfy

The sofa is so comfy that since having moved and gotten the new Koala sofa, my partner has slept on the sofa more times than he has slept in bed at our new house. That's how you know the Koala sofa is awesome.

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,600.00.

great product and service.

We ordered the mattress and it was delivered within 3 hours as claimed.The mattress is very comfortable.
We also ordered a sofa which was easy to assemble and also very comfortable.Great job Koala.

Purchased in August 2019.

Thanks, Gray! Anything we can improve on?

This is perfect & so comfy

If only I have purchased this sofa a year ago! I am extremely happy with it, the colour is wonderful, stylish and goes with everything, it is comfy for watching TV, napping, reading and working from home on my laptop! I have added 2 large IKEA cushions for the end to slouch on. If my apartment had space, I would probably purchase the 2 seater. Thanks Koala for the easy shopping experience, it definitely trumped driving through traffic on the weekends to go sofa searching!

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,600.00.

So comfy i can't get off it

This couch was so easy to put together. I have the bed too. Great quality and so comfy. Every day I have to decide, do I stay on the couch or do I get up and go to bed. Very stylish. I'm so happy I decided to get one.

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,600.00.

Hehe! Thanks for your review, Chris!

Koala Sofa Material isn't as hard wearing as I expected

I bought two couches and they were delivered promptly, easy to put together and very comfortable.
However the cushions have started to pill on both couches and they aren't even 6 months old. I would've given a higher review if the material was a bit more durable.

Purchased in February 2019.

Hey Snooks, sorry to hear that you are finding the covers not very hard-wearing. Are you able to send an email to support@koala.com, we would love to take a closer look and see if you are experiencing a manufacturing fault. Please don't forget to include your order number. Sweet Dreams

A very nice couch and spare bed

We all like this couch and regularly fall asleep watching late-night shows. It certainly does the job for us. The light grey color and fabric is good, soft enough and looks durable.

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,600.00.

Thanks for your review, Mark

Fantastic service

I am delighted with my new sofas. They have exceeded my expectations in both comfort and appearance. The sofa was easy to assemble and was delivered in regional Australia in less than 48 hours.

Purchased in July 2019.

The most comfortable couch I have ever had!

This is the best couch that I have ever had. It is incredibly comfortable and the three seater fits myself and my two children with room to spare, I can pull the back cushions off and use it as a guest bed (and a single fitted sheet fits over the seat cushion perfectly). The only reason I give it four starts and not five is because, for me, it was rather difficult to put together on my own and took far longer than the four minutes it said it would take in in the instruction video, however, well worth the sweat and swearing once it is together :)

Purchased in July 2019 at Koala for $1,700.00.

Thanks for your review, Lizz

Don’t do it!!

i bought this sofa based on reviews!
I took the covers off to wash, while the seat cushion was airing, my bulldog ripped it into a million pieces. I called koala to order a piece of replacement foam- they don’t do parts. I ordered extra foam from local rubber co. I then went to put my covers back on. 2 zips broken. The covers did not survive the gentle wash cycle. Koala don’t offer parts
Purchased 5 months ago. Now going to landfill.

Purchased in March 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $1,500.00.

Hey Sheridan, It is a shame your puppy tore up your koala Sofa - however if your zips broke only after going through the wash we could happily send out some replacement covers for you! Just send us an email with your order number: support@koala.com

The koala sofa is almost perfect

The koala sofa is almost perfect. The issue I have with the koala sofa is the lack of padding on the arm rests, if you rest your arm squarely along the centre of the arm rest then you won't be disappointed but by shifting your arm to the left or right of the arm rest then you'll unfortunately meet a sharp corner of wood or metal.

Purchased in July 2019 at Koala.

Thanks for that honest feedback Nathan, I'm going to pass this along to our production design team.

comfort and size is amazing!

The sofa is deeper than an average sofa which makes it much more comfortable and great for snuggling in this winter weather. The colour is perfect and I love the idea that I can wash the covers.

Purchased in June 2019 at online for $1,199.00.

So comfortable!

The lounge is wonderfully comfortable, best lounge we have owned! We also love the hard-wearing fabric - fantastic with young kids. The customer service was spot on - exactly as advertised. Thanks Koala!

Purchased in June 2019.

Thanks Catherine!

I live in Canberra and therefore can't return this if I buy it and don't like it - a huge risk if it's no good, or there's something wrong. If I get this and there's something wrong (like the reviews with misdelivered components) do I have to pay to return the wrong bits? Or is it like the comfort return, if you're not in Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne it's purchase at your own risk?
Hi there! If you end up returning because the item doesn't suit, you are absolutely able to return it for a full refund within the 120 nights. However, due to your location, you would need to either drop it off to our Sydney warehouse or arrange for a courier to deliver it at your own expense. If we made a mistake and sent you the wrong part or if anything was wrong with the order we would absolutely rectify this right away and you wouldn't be charged anything in terms of return postage or delivery fees etc. I hope this helps!Thanks, that's the main thing that's putting me off buying it - it would cost $400 or so to return it by courier if we don't like it, so the no questions asked return policy isn't as much of a selling point for us a few hours down the highwayHi Chloe, I’m in the same boat, living in Canberra and unable to test it out at a store, risk buying it and then realising it’s not comfy. Did you end up buying another brand? I’m in the market for a 3-seater.

I am interested in buying a Sofa and Ottoman but just a bit hesitant with the fabric. (Polyester) I am in Far North Queensland and a bit worried it could be too hot to sit on. Also, is the seating bit very soft? It looks like in the photos? It would be great if somebody could give me some feedback on those aspects. Thank you
I haven't found the cloth too hot so far, but NQ summers are extreme, so I'm not sure how it would fair. In SE Qld it's fine. The mattress is firmer than it looks and softens over time. The only downside is that when it softens in one area, you can't just flip or swivel the mattress/seat pad due to where the zip is. You have to also take it out of its cover and flip it around. Mine has a firm spot in the centre over the bar as no one sits there which means there will be uneven wear over time.thank you Anna