Koala Sofa

Koala Sofa

Comfortable, affordable and totally meets the apartment brief.

We have purchased two sofas - a 3 and 2 seater, as well as an ottoman. For all, delivery was prompt, we easily got them in the lift, assembled and sat. Very happy with the quality, comfort and customer service.

Koala S.Koala

Perfect Mel! Thank you for sharing this feedback with us :)

Jules

JulesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect design for city living

The design offered a way to get a good sized sofa into an apartment via a narrow entry - the 3 seater is extremely comfortable. The ottoman complemented the sofa perfectly.

Purchased in September 2019 at Koala Living for $1,500.00.

Koala S.Koala

Awesome, thank you Jules :-)

Dean

DeanGippsland, VIC

Comfortable but fabric not so great

The couch is really comfortable. My only issue is that after only 2 months the fabric is pilling which is frustrating would have been 5 stars if not for this.

Purchased in June 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $1,000.00.

Koala S.Koala

Hello Dean, thank you for sharing your feedback and we are so sorry to hear about the pilling of the fabric. Could you please send us a quick email at support@koala.com and our team will assist you :)

EmilyCanberra 2600, ACT

Significant problems with both the customer service and the sofa

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,250.00.

Koala S.Koala

Completely understand, apologies again! Accounts has processed your refund, but again, since we are refunding directly to your bank account, depending on what bank you have it can take up to 1-5 business days.

Stacey D.

Stacey D.Sydney, NSW

Great sofa but first product faulty

Very happy with the sofa but unfortunately the original product I was sent was faulty, it took hours of frustration to work out the issue. After contacting Koala a new piece was sent 2 days later, but this in itself was time consuming because one truck collected the faulty piece and a separate truck delivered the new piece many hours later in the afternoon. Very happy with the sofa but I ordered for the convenience of four hour delivery and it did not end up convenient at all.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you so much for your feedback Stacey and we are so sorry about your experience again. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@koala.com should you need further assistance or if you have questions.

Aloke B.

Aloke B.Sydney, NSW

Awesome experience from purchase to delivery at the door

I was really impressed with the whole purchase experience to the delivery been well informed and would recommend it. I have had trouble assembling it but other than that I was happy with the product and its really comfortable.

Purchased in October 2019 at au.koala.com for $1,250.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the review! :)

Comfy couch, very pleased with it.

Easy to put together with two people,
Comfy to sit on & sleep on. Quick delivery & not waiting for a couch was a highlight. I recommend this couch to anyone that needs a comfy couch without waiting or an expensive price tag. Very happy with it.

Purchased in October 2019.

So happy to hear! :)

Nick K.

Nick K.Sydney, NSW

LOVE IT!

Purchased in June 2018 at Koala Living for $1,000.00.

Koala S.Koala

Hey Nick! Could you reach out to support@koala.com? The metal bar shouldn't be noticeable when seated.

Exactly what I was after!

Exactly what I was after and love that the material can be unzipped for easy cleaning! The ONLY thing that could be a problem is I find wood splinters and small shavings can find their way into the fabric. But I guess that wont a problem once the house renovations are complete ;)

Purchased in October 2019.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the feedback Misty! Good luck with the reno's!

Benn

BennAlice Springs, NT

Looks good, terrible to sit in

Once assembled, half the seat base is made up of the backrest and firm cushions, leaving 450mm of firm seat to sit on. Super awkward and uncomfortable to sit in. Very dissapointed. Have taken to the Tip Shop and written off as a bad experience, (not viable to return from my location). Lesson learnt about buying from hype. On the positive side, It looks good, good service, quick delivery.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,350.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the Feedback Benn, sorry to hear the sofa wasn't for you.

If you have any queries or would like to discuss this further send an email through to support@koala.com

Marie

MarieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Impressed!

We were happy with the ordering and delivery process, and importantly the product itself. It was easy enough to put together, as long as you line up the frame, and the video was very useful. Both the sofa & ottoman look great, we chose grey, it's very comfy too. We are very happy so far with our purchase, thank you Koala!

WAHOOO! :)

Glenys

GlenysHunter Region, NSW

Very comfy couch

It looks stylish, love the navy colour. I am a little old lady and for me it was not as easy to put together as the video implies, but I managed the first few pieces and then asked friends for help with the back piece. No worries. Really happy with my purchase.

Purchased in September 2019.

Koala S.Koala

Happy to hear that you were able to get the sofa together! :)

Courtney

CourtneyAlbany, New Zealand

The worst

I don't know where all these shinning 5 star reviews are coming from, this sofa is literally the worst I've ever sat on in my entire life. The fabric piles really really badly. Can feel the metal frame every time I sit down. It's so upsetting knowing how much I paid for this, I wish I had just ordered a leather couch instead, the most regretful purchase of my life so far. I hope I save someone some money with this review. Don't waste it on this sofa, trust me.

Purchased in October 2018 for $15,550.00.

kirlam

kirlamSydney, NSW

Don't believe the youtube clip about ease of assembly

It took two of us multiple hours over two days to finally be able to put this thing together. You really have to squeeze the side panels inwards to be able to get the back to fit into the brackets.
It's less than a month old and the fabric on the cushions is starting to "ripple" and it's never looked great from behind - you have to velcro the fabric to the base so getting it taught, flat and smooth is near impossible. Should have saved our money and gone to Freedom.

Purchased in August 2019 at Koala Living Online Store.

kevin

kevinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

last minute purchase but it was worth it

Had to move out due to a housemate moving overseas for work. I needed a couch and rather than wait weeks and weeks for a couch I tried out a koala which only took a few days after I ordered. It's comfy as.

Purchased in August 2019.

Amazing product, not so amazing delivery

Easy online ordering, good quality product.

But when the delivery arrived, they refused to move it up to my unit even with elevators so I had to move whole queen size mattress, bed frame, 3-seater sofa and ottoman boxes from loading bay to my home. ( I ordered sofa with bed frame & mattress)

I'd never expect some appliances or furnitures only to deliver to loading bay.

Also there was small gaps between backseat and arm rest but simply pushing hard worked.

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dissappointed with the 4 step build

The sofa is just fine, however what i actually hated was the instruction. The video in youtube shows how easy to build the sofa, but they did not specify that the sofa does lean a bit when you try to assemble it, it took me and my wife an hour to figure out its not like attaching legos together like what the video shows.

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,600.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your review! It can be a bit tricky at times, I can pass on your feedback to the team so we can work out what to do better :)

Mixed Feelings

Love how the sofa looks and the length is perfect for lying down. I did expect it to be more comfortable but it is comparable with other sofas that are much cheaper. I would also have preferred it to be wider to sit on comfortably. It really is not as easy to assemble as described in the video. It depends on the manufactured parts, which from my experience is inconsistent. Two people for assembling would be ideal. Customer service is excellent though. That, I could not fault. Not a sofa I would highly recommend but will keep mine because it is too much trouble to return.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the honest feedback Wong, we really do appreciate it. If you would like some follow-up support to return your Sofa we are here to help. Just send an email to support@koala.com along with your order number and we can help you out.

Amzing product, service, delivery time

Easy online ordering experience, fast delivery , great quality product . Super easy to build. I would highly recommend this product. I ordered 3 seater with ottoman and will be ordering another 2 seater and 2 ottoman shorrtly for other rooms in the house

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,600.00.

Kirsty H.

Kirsty H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing customer services

We ordered a two seater, three seater and ottomon. The service and delivery were wonderful. The couch however did not end up suiting our needs so we returned it within the 120 night trial period. This is where Koala excelled and exceeded my expectations. This process was seamlessly easy. The couches were picked up and my money refunded in a matter of days. What an outstanding company! Are you able to teach your customer service to all other companies? They have a lot to learn from you!

Purchased in June 2019 for $2,700.00.

Chloeasked

I live in Canberra and therefore can't return this if I buy it and don't like it - a huge risk if it's no good, or there's something wrong. If I get this and there's something wrong (like the reviews with misdelivered components) do I have to pay to return the wrong bits? Or is it like the comfort return, if you're not in Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne it's purchase at your own risk?

Hi there!
If you end up returning because the item doesn't suit, you are absolutely able to return it for a full refund within the 120 nights.

However, due to your location, you would need to either drop it off to our Sydney warehouse or arrange for a courier to deliver it at your own expense.

If we made a mistake and sent you the wrong part or if anything was wrong with the order we would absolutely rectify this right away and you wouldn't be charged anything in terms of return postage or delivery fees etc.
I hope this helps!

Chloe

Thanks, that's the main thing that's putting me off buying it - it would cost $400 or so to return it by courier if we don't like it, so the no questions asked return policy isn't as much of a selling point for us a few hours down the highway

Hasan
Hasan

Hi Chloe, I’m in the same boat, living in Canberra and unable to test it out at a store, risk buying it and then realising it’s not comfy.
Did you end up buying another brand? I’m in the market for a 3-seater.

Franziska Basked

I am interested in buying a Sofa and Ottoman but just a bit hesitant with the fabric. (Polyester) I am in Far North Queensland and a bit worried it could be too hot to sit on. Also, is the seating bit very soft? It looks like in the photos? It would be great if somebody could give me some feedback on those aspects. Thank you

Anna
Anna

I haven't found the cloth too hot so far, but NQ summers are extreme, so I'm not sure how it would fair. In SE Qld it's fine.
The mattress is firmer than it looks and softens over time. The only downside is that when it softens in one area, you can't just flip or swivel the mattress/seat pad due to where the zip is. You have to also take it out of its cover and flip it around. Mine has a firm spot in the centre over the bar as no one sits there which means there will be uneven wear over time.

Franziska B

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives