Fetch TV Mini

• Software
  • Reliability
G.Y. Land

G.Y. LandGarran 2605, ACT

People never learn or follow instruction manuals. However, Totally Outdated Equipment.

Purchased in January 2021 at iiNET.

Karen

KarenNorth Queensland, QLD

It would be good if it worked properly

I originally wanted it for our 2nd tv so tried setting up with wifi, it would not set up, tried everything I could including factory rest. After reset done I could not even get the wifi option to open, just freezes up each time. Eventually had to swap the Telstra roku on the main tv as was only able to set it up wired. It’s very slow and not as user friendly as the roku.

Purchased in December 2020 for $135.00.

Software
Reliability

Bob L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Apparently works if you have really good reception.

Purchased in November 2020 at Iinet.

Robert Humphreys

Robert HumphreysMelbourne

Beware that the FTA TV tuner is not good.

Purchased in October 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $169.00.

Matt

MattPerth, WA

Fetch

There should be one channel package not 4 I am paying just to get 2 ESPN channels. Another channel I like I would have to pay for another channel package to get it no way. The channel selection they have is really bad. To get fetch in another room you have to pay $169 why cant I just use Chromecast like Foxtel Go. the remote is to big poorly made only positive is the price $6 for a channel package.

Purchased in September 2020 at The Good Guys.

Privacy Issues - not worth it.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi.

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does exactly what you expect it to do.

Purchased in June 2020 for $129.00.

Matt ESouth East Queensland, QLD

Budget Pay TV

Great service and great support However annoying when channel owners do deals overseas and change viewing options available in some channel packs and remove favorite channels from service. Since NBN with Fetch service has been ok but some lagging

Danger

DangerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap rubbish.

Its mildly functional, media hub is clunky and does not support subtitles. Streaming via wifi 40cm away from the wireless adapter is hit and miss. Get an Nvidia Shield instead.

Crystal

CrystalAU

Fetch box mini and IInet

Drew Kosh

Drew KoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great if its included from your ISP for free.

Finally received my second Fetch box. This one works. Easy to use. Easy to set up. Mini cant record and can only pause for 15 mins.

Great if its included from your ISP for free.

Original review:
On initial startup Fetch Mini worked great for 15 minutes. After turning it off it never worked again. As my ISP supplied it and now all of their call centres and Tech support have shut down due to COVID-19 I am paying for junk I cant do anything about.

DO NOT GET FETCH TV. There is NO TECH Support for it at all.

Worst product I have ever had the miss-pleasure of owning.

Purchased in March 2020 for $120.00.

William

WilliamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent service

My fetch TV remote, had become difficult to operate, in selecting channels. I called to see what assist could be given. The operate following my explanation, proceed without question to post a new replacement remote. This arrive in the time specified, and I found that my previous remote was fault. I am now again enjoying fetch TV uninterrupted, with thanks and appreciation

Mandy B.

Mandy B.

Best thing I ever did

I had no trouble setting this up. All the movie apps are accessible and I can stream anything I want from my phone to the Fetch box onto the TV.

Purchased in January 2020 at Dodo for $10.00.

PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No phone support

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $153.00.

huddy

huddyMelbourne

Handy connection for second television

Easy to use set top box which connects two televisions.It enables to get apps including netflix, stan, you tube catch up television and movie package but you need to pay and free to air channels. It works effectively but means you need two remotes which can be tricky if you are tecnophobic. You can't rewind what you have on to watch back, but can pause for fifteen minutes. Easily connects to fetch mighty and allows you to watch shows recorded on fetch mighty. We have had no trouble with transmission at all.

Purchased in November 2018.

Terry W.

Terry W.South East Queensland, QLD

The most crap top box you can ever get. Has a mind of its own and isn't worth the one star. So often it crap itself

Not reliable
Breakdowns
Unresponsive
Can only get channel nine
Remote is crap
Don't buy our you will regret it
Doesn't do what it's supposed to
Has mind if it's own
Long boot up time and just crap around Really

Purchased in January 2019 for $169.00.

sadmushroom

sadmushroomSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

It's good when it works (which is seldom)

I love Fetch mini BUT it spends most days not working. Every update stalls and stops running. Trying to reboot is useless. After 2 or 3 days it comes back on, all by itself. Lasts for about a week, then another update stalls and no Fetch for another 2 or 3 days.

Purchased in September 2019.

Diane

DianeHunter Region, NSW

Fetch Mini is Mighty!

Love this product as it really does work. Turned my old flat screen Sony Bravia TV into a Smart TV and can watch Catch Up, Netflix, Stan etc. As long as you have WiFi which I have unlimited data so I dont have to worry about how much I watch. The Fetch mini is small and unobtrusive but works, I believe, as well as the large Fetch box but its $100s of dollars cheaper. Highly recommend.

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $140.00.

Matt B

Matt BPerth, WA

fetch tv mini is poorly made

I can't use my computer at the same time as I am using fetch even over Ethernet u get a weak signal from the fetch device. I don't have that issue with Telstra tv WiFi or Ethernet. Its so expensive their proprietary hardware at $169 outright. If you want fetch tv mini in another room its $338 for the 2 of them outright. the apps section is awful YouTube Netflix Stan no WWE Network no Spotify no Amazon prime video the remote is so generic & its too big.

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Recording Quality
nembry

nembryPerth, WA

Limited Functionality

The fact you cannot add other streaming service apps eg Amazon Prime and Kayo makes this box worthless.
There are much better products out there that can do the job much better than this out-dated device. Do not waste your money.

Purchased in October 2019.

Bill

Billasked

Mini keeps switching off on start up or after start up by pressing any button on remote it will shut down I constantly have to restart the unit to get it to remain on.

Bob L.

I have the same issue, I have complained on the phone and they just send me another unit. I think it's a software issue, but they dont seem to have an address that you can ask technical support for help

pamela h.asked

Anyone know how to get out of an Iprimus internet service provider linked to Fetch mini when I am on Telstra?

Peter

Getting tricky now Pamela. If we assume the Fetch TV was originally supplied by iPrimus to the previous owner as part of a bundled internet service, they will be paying to lease the box as part of the service (just like Foxtel users are supplied a Foxtel box but only while they subscribe to the service). If the person bought it from terminate their broadband service, the original supplier (iPrimus) will request the box be returned or they pay a "non-return fee". Incidentally, even paying the fee (almost as much as purchasing outright from a retail store) still does not pass ownership to you.

iPrimus has a record of the MAC address and serial number of your unit and it is not working because the personal details you are supplying do not match those of the iPrimus subscriber they issued the unit to.

Hard to say without not knowing the details of the original contract but if returning it to the original owner is not an option, try contacting iPrimus and see if they can do something for you. I'm unaware of any "hacks" for you to do it yourself and depending on its "parentage", attempting to do so could be considered a criminal act. Good luck!

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

As above, iPrimus legally own the unit as part of a bundled contract with the previous lady. She is contractually obligated to return it, not sell it. It is coded to iPrimus (read the iPrimus website). The Fetch website lists the 6 ISPs that are approved to bundle, iPrimus is one but Telstra is not.

These units (both the Mighty and the Mini) can actually be purchased outright from retail outlets.

I strongly recommend you read the Fetch website and contact them to understand your best way forward.

pamela h.asked

I bought a Fetch mini from a lady who did not need it as had already had one then bought a smart tv. She had never opened the box; all was intact. I set it up through my wifi (Telstra) broadband. Also connected to Fetch site and paid the $1. They sent a code, entered it many times, message came up 'incorrect code'. Noticed on the left side of screen Iprimus though. What to do next??

Peter

There are two ways to get a Fetch TV. Buy it outright at a retail store (JB HiFi, Harvey Norman etc) or get it as part of a package with your Internet access from an ISP (Telstra, Optus etc). If it is supplied by the ISP, the box has been modified to only work with that ISP (it is supplied as part of a rental contract). Despite being brand new, it looks like yours is the latter and was supplied as part of the previous owners contract meaning it is locked to the IPrimus network. Sorry to say I believe your only chance is to return it to her for a refund?

Matt E

I agree with the above unless fetch can download retailer software you would need to find out I purchased mine with my internet service provider internode I find Foxtel products too overpriced

pamela h.

I had this Fetch box all connected to Wi Fi up to the point when I had to wait for a code to install it. In the corner of the screen it showed Iprimus. I spoke to the lady i bought it new from and she had contacted Iprimus who said it was not linked to them! I now plod on to talk to Telstra?

CategorySet Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs