MPN: H626T

Ok.....

When you pause it freezes so you lose the place you were up to. I’ve been trying to fix this with the tech support people for a year now and nothing works. Everything else is fine.

Purchased .

The box has limited APPs. .

Not many APP's are available like Kayo Sports & you can't record TV shows.
The box works fine.
I'm 75% happy with the purchase.
It's very easy to navigate once you get used to the controls.

Not Perfect!

I would say it is far better than the Telstra TV I was using before however it does have a couple of issues. The app for Netflix has a couple of bugs so much so I don't use it although this may be a setup issue by me (but I don't think so). The movie box is ok but dated. General interface is good, easy to navigate with clear menus, the added features are also a plus. All in all I reckon it's pretty good.

Software
Reliability

Waste of money!

It’s primitive with its technology. It’s going backwards with it’s design. Mini cannot record any shows and while we’re watching Netflix the mini fetch always hung and all movies we watch are always interrupted.
I should have gone with Foxtel for a little extra dollars. Any ways my plan will finish soon and will never sign up again!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

This product is perfect!

Got Fetch TV with Internode. A great alternative to Foxtel at an affordable price. My favourite channels are Nckelodeon, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Disney Channel, National Geographic and Universal. The box it self works fine. Have had no problems with the unit or remote control. Mobile app works. Very easy setup.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Fetch mini

Channel packages are $6 but they are horrible they had animal planet not anymore they keep cutting channels people like. Its got Netflix YouTube not much else it should have more apps like 10 all access its not worth $169 the remote is the worst its poorly designed. I wouldn't recommend fetch

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Another very cheap nasty product. Made in China

Low grade cheap quality very poor remote response, have to turn off this cheap junk and restart a lot to get it to work. Another very cheap nasty product. Made in China cheap crap sold to Australia just to watch fetch tv great programs that get repeated continuously over and over again week after week month after month and year after year.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Awesome product for its price but more room for improvement

Very easy to navigate the interface awesome for wifi Excellent and easy to use remote and awesome app included as part of subscription with all my Chanel's on the go excellent with free to air with my antenna live the product room for improvement the box gets hot at times I wish they had more Chanel's like Foxtel like movies or more docos but for the price awesome hopes gets more Chanel's soon live the catch up in one spot to thanks fetch

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Terrible Remote Control Reception

I reviewed the Fetch Mighty, and was very pleased with it except for its inability to display subtitles. Many more reviewers have said the same, but no changes in over 12 months. I decided to purchase the Fetch mini, which is much cheaper, but has all the features of the Mighty if you enable the Mighty sharing feature. Again, features are great with the exception of the subtitle problem - BUT - another major problem with the Mini is its absolutely TERRIBLE remote control reception. The remote need to be pointed directly at the Mini to work, any deviation and its 'why isnt this working!!' This is a really serious problem, especially when you have a number of other entertainment devices.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

No subtitles available on streamed content

Was happy but now relegated Fetch to a second bedroom - reason: won't play subtitles on Iview or SBS English language shows. No one tells you this in reviews or at the store, even had trouble getting salesperson to concede when I complained after weeks of trying to solve the problem myself. For many people sub titles are quite important - hearing disabilities, need to reduce noise levels, unfamiliar accents etc. My old Sony box has gone back in place as it does show these subtitles, proving it is s Fetch problem, not a channel or streaming problem.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Room for improvement

The fetch has been great for my kids as you can get many of the same kids channels on here as you do on foxtel. Also, having a movie box office makes organising movie night hassle free, all you need is the popcorn. Netflix, yotube and stan are all included making this unit very handy if you don't have a smart tv. However it does unfortunately have some down points that really need to be fixed. The first one is that it can be slow, constantly has to think and load when you press anything, this can be frustrating at times because when you start to think perhaps you didn't press the button on the remote hard enough so you press it again, it finally responds but exits on you. The most annoying problem it has of all though is that if you have a pin set up on your netflix to stop kids from watching M rated or higher movies, it requires this pin before you can even access netflix altogether. This completely beats the purpose netflix had originally had in place to stop kids watching adult movies only. We constantly had to put in the pin everytime they wanted to go to the kids netflix. Eventually we took the pin off, as it became a nuisance but would like to see this fixed in future. On our main smart tv in a separate room anyone can access netflix without a pin and only require a pin when trying to watch M or above. Which makes logical sense. Besides those main problems fetch has been worth the money spent.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Been using the Fetch Mini for few months and have no complaints. Setup was very easy and the menu is very easy to navigate. The device was getting a bit warm and had to be relocated for better ventilation, but other than that it works fine. The mini also come with Netflix and YouTube pore installed.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

So Good

This is my first wireless internet purchase and Optus offered this fetch as part of a bundle. It's affordable for us, nicely designed and easy to navigate around the main options. The box takes a couple of minutes to register when you first turn it on but otherwise the use of the remote to record shows, playback, flick between a reminder notification... It's just so easy!! The movie purchase also allows 2-3days to watch your movie which is great, no "return by 6pm" at the video store. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great

Fetch mini is Easy to use and navigate. Built in apps eg YouTube Netflix run much faster than built in apps on my TV with no menu lag.
Reminders dont change the channel only pop up in the corner so can be easy to miss if your not paying attention. Overall happy though.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Excellent Concept

My main reason for purchasing this was so that I could watch Netflix on this TV and record free to air programs on my fetch mighty and watch them in another room. Netflix is great but watching program recorded on the night is not always reliable (very laggy). I don’t understand why internet speed should affect this as i assume it’s all just through my WiFi connection from one box to the other. The remote control range is not great if you’re not directly in front of the box and more than 4 metres away.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Fetch mini H626T - a mighty warm unit even when turned off

I was looking for a PVR to replace my now defunct Telstra Tbox. I searched and found out about the Fetch Mighty and Fetch Mini. The Mighty has everything I need and want from a PVR with a lot of other Internet based tv applications out of the box included. Whilst researching I found that there was also a mini version of the mighty box with only 1 tuner that was purfect for a second PVR in a multi-room application.

On paper the Fetch mini is brilliant and has the ability for you to watch recorded shows via wifi originally recorded on the Fetch mighty. Setup was reasonably easy but after a day or so I inadvertantly touched the outside of the Fetch mini stb and it was quite warm/hot to touch. This seemed particularly strange considering the mini was in standby. So off I went to research if the box got hot but nothing about the mini.

I experimented by doing a hard reset of the box and seeing how hot it got under normal use. It was warm/hot on the outside. So I turned the unit off over night and checked it first thing in the morning. It was still warm/hot even though it was off. To me that is not normal.

So I contacted Fetch support and advised of the problem. Here is their first response.

"The Mini does run at a warm temperature this is expected and will not cause any harm the unit.
Placing the box in standby stops data from being downloaded through the connection, however does not have any power saving attached which is why you notice that there is no change in the temperature of the unit.
The boxes are rigorously tested at higher temperatures than normal operating temperatures before shipped out to market to ensure their safety. As long as the unit is placed in an area with sufficient ventilation you should not experience any problems.
If the core processor of the unit does begin running at higher than recommended levels messaging will be displayed on your TV and if this does not improve the unit will shut itself down.
Regards,
[name removed]"

Not happy with the response I asked if the mini turns off at all and how much power it consumes in standby. I got this second response.
"Hi Robert,
The power being used by the box in standby is the same as when it's in use. This is up to 20W.
Let us know if you have any further queries.
Regards,
[name removed]"

So in other words this box doesn't turn off at all and is consuming 20 watts of power (more than a light bulb) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and it gets hot to touch on the outside. In my opinion if the unit is constantly running 24 hours a day I would presume a very short lifespan of the product so I decided to return it for a refund.

A pity and a big disappointment really because it is potentially a great product except for that.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great for catch up TV and youtube

Excellent picture quality for both free to air and streaming services..
We only use it for Catch up and youtube, not for any add-on channels, and it does the job very well. We only have ADSL broadband speed of about 6kbps and it works fine.
Frequent software updates are received and installed automatically. It's a bit buggy but getting better with every update.
Navigating is quite simple except for SBS On Demand which is all over the place.
The free to air tuner does not handle weak TV signals as well as the Samsung TV it is connected to.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Good product. Customer service isn't great

I purchased fetch mini instead of the alternatives based on the price and value. It is very easy to set up. Easy to use. The remote control is easy to use. The option of monthly additional channel packs is REALLY good value. Contacting customer service is limited and not an easy process. I don't have any speed issues. This is an overall good buy. The

Date PurchasedJun 2017