MPN: H626T

See the Best Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Fantastic

Very easy to use and this product saved me buying a new TV. I turn the old TV into a Smart TV for the kids so they stay out of the main lounge and I can contain the mess

Purchased in August 2018.

So happy to have Fetch TV

This product has great features such as Netflix, Catch Up TV, Movie Box and Movies for hire. It performs well when applying different settings. It is usually reliable however at times it will stop a segment of a show/movie and play a few seconds of a part of the show/movie that was rewound, then start from where it stopped. It is not as easy to navigate as the Telstra TV box but it takes a bit to get used to the different ways to navigate.

Purchased in July 2019.

Its perfect in everyway

The idea of watching what i couldnt during the day is great, having connected to netflix also help the kids to watch thier favourite shows and cartoons.. very happy with that

Purchased in April 2017 at OPTUS for $100.00.

Excellent Entertainment

It is great to have fetch with high definition reception n quality recording facilities. All my favourite programmes can be watched at leisure. Everything and whatever I need to watch is available at flick of button

Purchased in March 2012.

Not worth it

I don't think I will continue with this most of the programs on TV aren't on catch up so if you don't watch them live you miss them. Very disappointing

Purchased in May 2017.

Cant go back to free to air television now

Fetch tv has truly changed my life there is now no way possible I could ever do without it or go back to free to air television after having had fetch tv for a little over 5 months it has changed my negative opinion of pay tv

Purchased in February 2019 at iprimus for $80.00.

Lack of content

Sleep mode is no good when you are watching something. No good movies unless you pay even then the choice is limited. Have to subscribe to chanel packs to see anything interesting. However national geographic and discovery chanel are so American and they play the same content like every four hours.

Purchased in June 2018 at Dodo for $199.00.

Disappointing

Got about 16 mths ago,for 12 months it was fine,then every now and again Fetch TV would freeze,just for a second or two,but it got worse and worse,over the last 4 months it has become unwatchable at times.The live tv freezes,maybe a few seconds,maybe minutes,then it will jump forward by minutes(to catch up to live I assume),especially noticeable if you saw the show before.All other services,Netflix,Stan,Iview,Youtube etc run perfectly fine without interruption,all other computer use fine.
I have called Internode about 10 times,and to be fair they have tried to help,to no avail.We did the speed tests,all ok.They have reset my bandwidth,we have soft reset and hard reset,even replaced the box and it continues.
It is annoying mainly because it sometimes works fine,you go a few hours without freezing and you think it's ok,then it starts and every 10 seconds it'll freeze(like it's buffering) then it'll be a minute and it'll be gone for ages until you change channels and come back and then in a 30 min show you only saw 5 min.Also forget about restarting a show,10 seconds of show,freeze for a minute,then jump forward.This seems to happen across all channels,some worse than others(the ones you actually watch)
I am continuing to use because all other apps have no problem,but if I knew it would be like this I would have looked elsewhere.
Would not recommend.

Purchased in March 2018.

Fetch Mini - My experience

Purchased the Fetch Mini, put it in a bedroom, and have been using it since October last year.

Important:-
Mini=Fetch Box with no hard disk. (Model H626T)
Mighty=Fetch Box with PVR. Includes hard disk to record. (Model M616T). Note that there is an older gen 2 model with different remote listed in this site.
You need to signup and receive a code via email to activate the Fetch service.

What I have learned about the Mini:-
1. Need a tv antenna connection to just watch normal FTA tv.
2. Need good internet for everything else (I use wired for the Mini). I had problems which eventually required me reconfiguring my home network.
3. Is not designed with hard drive so cannot store shows. If you also have the Fetch Mighty you can press record on the Mini and it will record on the Mighty and subsequently playback on the Mini (via wifi).
4. I pay $1 per month to watch 30 ‘Fetch selected’ movies (some are 10+ years old!)
5. I purchased outright so I can change ISP but my ISP will not assist me with Fetch issues.
6. If I purchased via my ISP it is then locked to that ISP. The ISP will help with Fetch issues.
7. Fetch does not have phone support or a store front. I have had to work, via emails, with Fetch to address issues.
8. I can subscribe and pay for various extra channels (or channel packs) similar to Foxtel (eg Nickelodeon, ESPN etc) but not yet tested.
9. I have successfully purchased, rented and watched various late release movies, similar to Foxtel.

Pluses:-
Replaces my PVR and has more features.
Replaces my Google Chromecast.
Easy remote.
I have successfully watched Catch-up tv, Netflix and Stan (via accounts) and YouTube.

Minuses:-
The Mini depends on good internet in my home. Poor signals mean problems.
Reliability concerns as I continue to need to restart the Mini and Mighty many times. Based on web searches this seem to be a known issue.

I also purchased the dearer Fetch Mighty which had the same features as the Mini plus a hard drive in a bigger box. It is in lounge room. I have successfully recorded and played back shows on the Mighty.
Having both means I can watch recorded shows, that have been recorded by the Mighty, on the Mini via my home internet.
Also, expect slow reaction times on the Mini when using fast forward/rewind for recordings from the Mighty.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bing Lee Physical store for $150.00.

Reliability

Good things come in small packages

Much better that the previous fetch boxes, now wireless which makes life that much easier. Live tv pause rewind, catch up tv, Netflix, free movies. No recording is only downside

Purchased in September 2017.

Simple and Easy To Use

I have the Fetch TV Mini for Optus Yes TV, mainly wathcing Optus Sport. Simple and easy to use, remote is not overly complicated with too many buttons, its internal WiFi connection is great too.

Purchased in June 2018.

Great! I own 2 Fetch Minis

I own 2; one in the living, one in the bedroom. It is very convenient especially when I would like to pause, record and rewind games. Sometime it does freeze, however that is the extent of my issue...

Purchased in July 2017.

Love it!

What's not to love? You can Pause, Record, and Rewind. So many functions that make my life a little more satisfying as a Sports fan. I can watch the NRL and record the AFL to watch later.

Purchased in January 2018.

Ok.....

When you pause it freezes so you lose the place you were up to. I’ve been trying to fix this with the tech support people for a year now and nothing works. Everything else is fine.

Purchased in March 2018.

The box has limited APPs. .

Not many APP's are available like Kayo Sports & you can't record TV shows.
The box works fine.
I'm 75% happy with the purchase.
It's very easy to navigate once you get used to the controls.

Purchased in January 2019.

Not Perfect!

I would say it is far better than the Telstra TV I was using before however it does have a couple of issues. The app for Netflix has a couple of bugs so much so I don't use it although this may be a setup issue by me (but I don't think so). The movie box is ok but dated. General interface is good, easy to navigate with clear menus, the added features are also a plus. All in all I reckon it's pretty good.

Purchased in June 2018.

Waste of money!

It’s primitive with its technology. It’s going backwards with it’s design. Mini cannot record any shows and while we’re watching Netflix the mini fetch always hung and all movies we watch are always interrupted.
I should have gone with Foxtel for a little extra dollars. Any ways my plan will finish soon and will never sign up again!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

This product is perfect!

Got Fetch TV with Internode. A great alternative to Foxtel at an affordable price. My favourite channels are Nckelodeon, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Disney Channel, National Geographic and Universal. The box it self works fine. Have had no problems with the unit or remote control. Mobile app works. Very easy setup.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Fetch mini

Channel packages are $6 but they are horrible they had animal planet not anymore they keep cutting channels people like. Its got Netflix YouTube not much else it should have more apps like 10 all access its not worth $169 the remote is the worst its poorly designed. I wouldn't recommend fetch

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Another very cheap nasty product. Made in China

Low grade cheap quality very poor remote response, have to turn off this cheap junk and restart a lot to get it to work. Another very cheap nasty product. Made in China cheap crap sold to Australia just to watch fetch tv great programs that get repeated continuously over and over again week after week month after month and year after year.

Date PurchasedAug 2016