OB90S9MEPX3 (Pyrolytic), OB90S9MEPX2 (Pyrolytic), OB90S9MEX3, OB90S9MEX1
See the Best Wall Ovens in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

2.5
  • Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Anita cleaver
Anita cleaverSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Don’t use the clean function!

I love how this oven cooks and operates. It is however fraught with problems:

1. My first oven came without a circuit board panel that F&P sent the part to the repair man who installed it. Obviously an assembly line issue. I couldn’t make the timer work. I thought ok these things happen.
2. I used the pyroletic cleaning function and 20 mins after the door cracked. I insisted on a new oven and F&P replaced it for me with a new one.
3. After nearly 12 months later I decided after Xmas turkey that I should clean the oven. Tried, with trepidation, the cleaning function again. The glass door cracked again. Am currently waiting for the repairman again.

I’m buying Meile next time!

Purchased in February 2019 for $3,599.00.

FJa
FJaPerth, WA

Same issue as others, fault after fault

Had 4 years and as others report, have had multiple problems. Oven locking on clean cycle and unable to open after cycle finished, this repaired twice. In Oct /Nov last year A3 error which which has meant three visits thus far. Last being yesterday. The anticipated fix again didn't work. As the other recent review commented notes been offered a new one at half price but that there is no stock. We have now been without an oven almost 10 weeks. So very unhappy with Fisher and Paykel. Should be offering free replacement with extended warranty.
The only positive I have is that the service guy that has come out recently had been really good.

Purchased in September 2016 at The Good Guys for $3,500.00.

Jerzgrl now Aussie
Jerzgrl now AussieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Total Lemon! Beware of Faulty Mother Boards!

Since May, we have had 3 F&P ovens blow their mother boards within the first week of installation. Stay away from it. There are problems. Swapped out for another brand.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $3,989.00.

Please DONT buy this oven or anything Fisher and Paykel

Purchased in April 2015 for $4,000.00.

Wall Ovens

Find out how Fisher & Paykel 90cm 9 Function Built-In - 100L compares to other Wall Ovens

Bob
Bob

Borderline dangerous.

I've looked at many 900w ovens and eventually settled on the F an P oven. Very well designed exterior and easy to use controls. BUT before you buy look very carefully inside. The racks are downright dangerous. There is little to stop the racking being pulled 1cm to far and then it just drops. The telescopic arms are OK but not ideal. The rack and the arm just dont fit together well. I think this has the potential to be a fantastic oven, but lets itself down with such a poorly designed shelving system and for the price you would expect better. The 700 w version has got the shelving right. Be warned and be aware.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman for $4,199.00.

SpyMasterSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Poor Design and Expensive Pyrolytic First Use

Purchased in April 2018 for $3,200.00.

Faultless

Great oven,just love it.Tested the temperature and it is correct.So easy to read,no silly little signs to follow,lights up,easy to use and even clean!
Recommended it to sister and she bought the 7 option model and she is not so enthralled with that

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
J G.South East Queensland, QLD

PCD Board fried at 21/5 years old

Fourth Pyrolytic clean and blacked the house out. It blew the fuse out on the street and had to call Energex to restore power.
Suncorp will not insure as it is a computer failure not motor fusion.
I was on hold to F&P for 45 mins waiting for customer support only to be told they can send out a technician out at a cost of $210.
Bad product over priced and poor build. Will go for European model with a better warranty.

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $3,500.00.

vanilla
vanillaCity

Oven is ok but manufacturer service is atrocious

Advertised as a 900 wide oven but because the control panel is on the side it's narrow for a "900 wide" oven so some of the oven dishes that we used in our old oven don't fit.
Build quality is cheap and the metal rack bent which had to be replaced. getting F & P on the phone takes a long time and then they send out technicians without parts so they always have to come back. Their service sucks so I won't buy again.

Purchased in March 2018.

Ice to Eskimo
Ice to EskimoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Garbage. Do not buy

Was sold a 900mm oven after the sales rep told me it has the Bluetooth probe functionality. Wasn't until after it was installed ($1250 for heavy duty cabling & new fuse) that we discover that only the 600mm oven has this feature.
2yrs on and we finally use the Pyrolytic function for the first time. Door gets stuck closed and costs 190 for a callout.
Callout fixes stuck door by disconnecting so this feature no longer works.
Now oven does not heat up at all.
Can't cook anything with temperatures below 30 deg. YouTube of this is available at https://youtu.be/3sjVE-gz5io

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for $4,000.00.

jenny
jennySouth East Queensland, QLD

worst oven I have ever had

This oven is without a doubt the worst oven I have ever had. It is 18 months old and we have had it replaced once already , the replacement oven is no better. The oven not only drops in temp it will not roast anything , instead the oven fills with steam and stews everything . we have not been able to roast anything since buying this oven . This oven makes me not even want to cook anymore, its so bad.

Purchased in October 2018.

Other Wall Ovens

Enamel of internal bottom all cracked

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Lis
LisWestmead

I will never touch Fisher & Paykel products again

I bought a top of the range oven in 2014 and we were renovating the kitchen. I couldn't install a kitchen till 10 months later and just recently in the past a couple of months the product has failed and have a major failure. The oven is no turning on at all, I called Fisher and Paykel and explained to them the item shouldn't stop completely after 3 years especially when you pay top dollars for this item, the after sales service is extremely unhelpful and not willing to help at all.

Date PurchasedJune 2014
Jon V
Jon V

I cant believe an expensive oven has a major component failure

Date PurchasedNov 2011
Jack
JackBelconnen 2617, ACT

Love it, so simple to use

Although once the oven was installed I was a bit angry that the manual told you so little about how to cook with it, once I had a go at using it and trying the different settings, it really is so easy to use that you dont need a manual.
I've read other review that complain about the time to preheat, I think it is really quick. I've cooked a variety of food from usesing the rotisserie to cooking cakes and pavlova and everything has worked out beautiful. So happy I bought the 90cm version, great for grills for a few more than 2 people and great for cooking roask veg and meet side by side

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Joasked
9 Function Built-In OB90S9MEX3

Hi
I’ve always love my Fisher and Paykel oven and am looking at getting the 900mm for our new build. My only concern is that with the control dials on the side do you lose a lot of cooking space compared to the other brands?
It’s a 25l less in cooking capacity to some, but that make no sense to me. I just want to know if I could get two trays side by side when cooking for a large family.
Thanks Heaps

SpyMaster

Hi Jo, can’t really answer the ovens cooking ability because mine overheated & stopped working about 3 months ago. I’ve been waiting for F&P to supply a new control panel board. We are told that the part will arrive in mid October. Fingers crossed. Would probably go for a Bosh.

Jo

Thanks for your input. Is yours the pyrolytic one though? I haven’t heard great reviews about that one, with blowing the circuits and cracking glass, but the standard oven seems to get rave reviews.
Just really wanted to know the internal capacity and whether it fits two baking trays on one shelf. Unfortunately I can’t go in store, due to living regionally so I’m trying to do all my research via internet.

Sharon Z.
Sharon Z.asked
90cm 9 Function Built-In - 100L

My 90cm oven just made a huge cracking sound during self clean (sounded like glass cracking however could not see anything), five minutes later it has completely shut down and door stuck in lock mode. Checked ciruit breaker, curcuit breaker is fine. How am I going to cook my chicken dinner now?

Ripped Offasked
9 Function Built-In OB90S9MEPX3 (Pyrolytic)

Won’t turn on, all lights off !!

J G.

Ours died pcm board. Just went dead during pyrolitic clean.
2 1/2 years old F&P no help.
Bought Bosch no issues.

Ripped Off

Thanks, that’s my fear too as I’ve just discussed the issue with the electrician & it’s not the fuse board as it’s all 3 phase in this new house.

Russell C.
Russell C.

Had the same thing happen both times I tried the pyrolitic clean they have a thermal limiter 140C sensor in the outer back of the oven which I had to replace to get the oven open and powered up ... I guess I don't have enough ventilation behind the oven. will look at fitting a small fan to help .

See all Fisher & Paykel 90cm 9 Function Built-In - 100L questions

Oven FuelElectricityElectricityElectricityElectricity
Type ConvectionConvectionConvectionConvection
SizeSingleSingleSingleSingle
Capacity100L100L100L100L
FeaturesChild Safety Lock, Cooling Fan and Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)Cooling FanCooling Fan and Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)Cooling Fan
Dimensions 478 x 895 x 564 mm478 x 895 x 564 mm478 x 895 x 564 mm478 x 895 x 564 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel