Fisher & Paykel 266L Vertical

Gail
    Gail
    Vic C.

Vic C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really good fridge! Very happy with it. Perfect for a 2nd fridge.

Date PurchasedAug 2011
    theonlyone

theonlyonePerth, WA

Excellent Second Fridge

This does not have a freezer compartment which is why we bought it. I needed a second fridge as our fridge in kitchen was becoming to small with a growing family and the allocated built in fridge space is too small for a larger upgrade. So we bought this for things like drinks and basically all food that would not fit in our regular fridge. The size is just right - bigger than a bar fridge but smaller than your average fridge.

Upright Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Fisher & Paykel 266L Vertical compares to other Upright Fridges / Refrigerators

Wayne

Wayne

Appears to be a good fridge - Early days yet

We purchased the F&P Fridge for our Mum from the Good Guys 26th of March 2015 for $769 This fridge seems to maintain the temperature inside very well and the compressor cycles on and off quietly . The only minor issue is the fridge door sometimes does not shut on it's own. It needs a push. F&P customer support have been notified and they advised us to adjust the level of the fridge.
    This adjustment did not correct the door.

ted12

ted12brisbane

Good second fridge

Got it as part of a pigeon pair from Harvey Normans. They were floor stock and the fridge arrived with a massive dint and scratch that had been hidden by the sale sticker in store. Store replaced door which was last problem we had.

Not really big enough to be our main fridge, but a nice second fridge. Only real drawback is the shelves aren't very deep so it is hard to store larger items unless you remove the door shelves.

Poor quality exterior on a reasonable cooling system

The door dropped and the bottom door tray rubbed on the lining. The seal never seated properly from new - should have been repaired. Appears the door has a twist and no matter what I tried with adjustments to the feel the seal would not seat along about 30cm of the long side.
    when the door is held closed with an occy strap around the fridge it seems to sork efficiently
    The exterior problems seem to reflect poor quality control

last forever

I have had mine for almost 20 years and replaced the seal once - this fridge is worth buying . only thing i have replaced on more than two occasions is the light bulb. Plus moving house 3 times has made this unit irreplaceable as it is almost bullet proof. the plastics are starting to look old and tried but any electrical appliance that last 20 years would also . F&P keep up the great work.
    long lasting without breakdowns
    light bulbs not lasting long

Lorp05

Lorp05North Western Region, NSW

Don't waste your $$$$

The door drops. The bottom hinge setup is inferior therefor causes the door to drop, thus stopping the door from sealing properly. Plastic breaks as a result of the door dropping and becomes irreparable. This is a known fault and F&P have done nothing to rectify this. I researched after I bought it.Silly me!!!
    The size suited my space.
    The refrigerator door dropping and not sealing as it should.

biddyb

biddybMelbourne

I will never buy fisher & paykel products again!

Upright Fridges / Refrigerators

angry39BRISBANE

Nothing but trouble

Flooded within first 2 days. States suitable for Tropics it is not true. Damaging tiles, attracting cockroaches, slipped twice on water flowing into kitchen. After huge battle we exchanged a lousy Hisense for an F&P.........same problem. Waiting for response from Customer Care after weeks of lengthy e mail exchanges. Not happy. Told tech would visit between noon and 5pm. could not give definite time?? Tech( good enough to remove boots) baffled, they say not humidity related. Excess sweating inside fridge? Expert to check. More waiting in, 5 hours?
    Its size
    The flooding

Terrible

I purchased this fridge (also a matching freezer and no complaints) because of size. It was the only pigeon pair that would fit where my previous ones were.
    Style of fridge
    Door has dropped and rubs on bottom of fridge when opened. Food tends to freeze at rear of fridge. Vegetable bin TOO small.
    Compressor little bit noisy, but not a worry.

housemaid

housemaidSouthwest, VIC

Bad

Fridge is now 14 years old. It started freezing within 2 years. Technical staff were very supportive. I followed their instructions and managed to pull fridge apart and unblock drain. I did this annually when I cleaned the fridge thoroughly. After 10 years it would build up ice after 3 months. Since most appliances are built to last only 10 years, I suppose I should replace it.
    easy to clean. Good size for family. Supportive technical staff.
    Within 2 years fridge starting freezing.

Excellent. Compressor only clicks on during the day when I'm usually at work so the noise doesn't really bother me. Conscious of not putting too much in the door which has prevented the door dropping at all. Would buy another one if I could.
    Great sized fridge, perfect for the space we needed to fit it in with its paired freezer.
    Unfortunately after 7 years the thermostat blew and I had a few problems getting it repaired... biggest problem for me is that I can't buy another one due to the age!

Lee

Leeasked

266L Vertical C270LW (White, Left Door)

What year was it manufactured?

Janette

Janetteasked

266L Vertical

I have just purchased a f&p C270 fridge & freezer. On the bottom of the door hinge is a grey plastic cover that appears to prevent the door from closing unless you push firmly. Should this be removed? It appears to fit into a moulding on the door.

angry39

Hi Janette, sorry unable to help. Don't remember that feature. We were given a refund after endless arguments and tech visits. Will not buy F&P again.

Patrick67
    Patrick67

Janette,
    The bottom door tray on our fridge used to catch and I had to chock it up with some cardboard. My main issue was with the quality of the door seal - it was deformed from the start and would not seal. I had to purchase a replacement which has worked perfectly. The original was rubbish and the fridge should never have left the factory in less than properly working seal.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 5 Fisher & Paykel 266L Vertical
    CategoryUpright Fridges / RefrigeratorsUpright Fridges / RefrigeratorsUpright Fridges / RefrigeratorsUpright Fridges / Refrigerators
    Capacity266L266L266L266L
    Energy Rating1Stars1Stars1Stars1Stars
    Width525mm525mm525mm525mm
    Height1595mm1595mm1595mm1595mm
    Depth570mm570mm570mm570mm
    Price (RRP) $1249
    Door OpeningRightLeftRight
    Replaced byFisher & Paykel 266L Vertical C270LWW (White, Left Door)Fisher & Paykel 266L Vertical C270RSX (Stainless Steel, Right Door)
    Compare all 5 Fisher & Paykel 266L Vertical