1.7

2.9

DMS
DMS2 posts

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Disgraceful, incompetent, non functioning app (over 2 years), lazy and poor customer service. Get the picture? Show details
Richard L.
Richard L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Al Y
Al YSydney, NSW
Mathew M.
Mathew M.

Refund if deposit $200

Waiting on the deposit refund as it states 7to 21 days. It’s been a month and a half business days and have emailed requiring about the refund and no reply, even tried the contact number and no answer hmmmm how do I get this back?
brwood
brwood3 posts

Embarrassing app

I used to like flexicar but the new app is embarrassing! You need the app to lock and unlock the car...guess what....IT DONEST WORK?! I have to call the company everytime i need to lock or unlock the car. This is so embarrassing for the company. I didnt want to leave but i feel like i need to leave this company just because the app is so broken its unusable. When I call customer service they told me its a known issue...ummm why let me book a car when nothing works??? Show details
Pete c
Pete c

Don't use flexicar

Flexicar rentals , seem cheap but when I get a call why I did not pick up car, the dates where wrong of what I had booked. I'm sure not my fault. I called flexicar about the issue they didn't care and said rebook and no refund on deposit. What a bunch of.....
EZU car rentals where awesome and said mistakes happen and they sort if flexicar did not help.
Xiao
Xiao
JayDan
JayDanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A positive story

I read many of the comments here and can confirm I was also impacted by the App problems that plagued the company early in 2023 however I persevered and I have found Flexicar are genuinely attempting to make a mends. Whenever I have called their customer service line, I have gotten through very quickly and I have been able get the issue resolved. In one instance I accidently set the booking time at am and not pm and was subsequently charged the daily rate. I explained my fault (which did line up with my active hire time) and was refunded the difference. Show details
AndrewN
AndrewN

My first hire was perfect

I have been with goget since the beginning, but thought I would try Flexicar and have been pleasantly surprised. The app was easy to use, the car was clean and new, everything worked and even got a reminder to say someone else had booked the car after me so return on time. Can't fault my experience so surprised by all the negative reviews..... Show details
Darren
DarrenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Choose Wisely
Choose WiselyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

New App and booking system is garbage

I'm a Flexicar customer of 7 years standing.
The new App is completely NOT
user friendly. It does not have the functionality, ease of use or speed of the browser based system it replaced. It's very difficult to find cars that are available in your area and to find a time slot when a car is available. Calling an operator is no good as you need to know the name of the car you want to book beforehand, or so the operator told me.

BTW I'm part of an App development team developing Banking software for customer use.

I'm off to the opposition, GoGet, after 7 years with Fkexicar. Show details

Jennifer C.3 posts

Worst car hire company

On booking a car in MELBOURNE for 8.30am pick-up to attend a wedding 2 hours away. No car was in sight, I spend 30 mins looking for the car. Called multiple times and finally Flexicar gave us a vehicle that was parked a block away in place of the other one. We took this car albeit missing the first part of my daughters ceremony. I was livid. I have called and emailed Flexicar at least 8 times 6 emails with no response other than we look into it , that was in September . Two months later not only have I not heard from Flexicar , they charged my credit card for the upgraded car that we didnt ask for .....NOT IMPRESSED STILL WAITNG :( Show details

Correction, It was August 2023 , 3 months ago and still nothing :(

RonC
RonCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't trust this share car!

I have a business account with Flexicar and always book a car for business meetings. I was so frustrated when I cant find the share car at the dedicated space as directed by their apps. Tried to call the office for help, but waited for ages and no one to answer the phone. I was like helpless and hopeless for this share car service. It wasn't the first or third time's but happened constantly when you are the rush to attend the meetings. Overall, this car is not reliable and be prepared for a plan B.
Paul H.
Paul H.

Worst APP and service ever!!!

Disappointing service and flawed app. Horrible product and booking process.
Michael
MichaelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Very poor mobile app

The mobile app is very hard to navigate, and very clunky to book cars.
Hard to update profile information within the app, and had to subsequently call customer service.

Ahmad
Ahmad

well, comments and reviews were scary and shocking, I was thinking to join Flexicar, but I just change my mind I don't wanna be a victim like these poor members, if you don't look after your clients , don't listen to them and help you don't them to solve their problem that means you are looking for quick money in your pocket.

Kostas T.

There is now one in st Kilda

Terri Saxon
Terri Saxon

Do not use carflexi.. impossible to find anyone who cares to talk to if things go wrong

Kostas T.

For me the service has been great I have had issues with vehicles and they are helpful

Mark
Mark

The website mentions pets are prohibited unless it is in a pet friendly car. Are you able to point out which locations have pet friendly cars in Melbourne?

Check out the locations on there website I know of one in St Kilda

CategoryCar Share Services
Service TypeDirect Car Hire
Hire Vehicle typeCars
Hires To International Licences, P1 Licences (Red Plates), P2 Licences (Green Plates), People aged 18 - 21 yrs and People aged 21 - 24 yrs
Locations ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC and WA