Sunbeam FoodSaver VS4500

Sunbeam FoodSaver VS4500

MPNs: VS0300VS4500 and VS4500

does not seal the bags, utter junk!

the sealer does not actually seal the bags, it vacuums fine, but doesn't not seal the bag, rendering it useless. Sunbeam have clearly done ZERO testing on this product before they launched it.

Purchased in December 2020 at Kmart for A$120.00.

Matt
Matt

This is a rediculous comment, all you have done is told me what the instructions already say, but that doesn’t change the fact the it doesn’t work!

Brett

BrettWestern Australia

Doesn’t vacuum the air out

From brand new it won’t vacuum the air out of the bag properly then it tries to seal it an doesn’t seal it
Waste of money won’t be buying another one

Purchased in October 2020 at RetraVision for A$118.00.

colfiske1

colfiske1Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An excellent machine

This works far better than my earlier more expensive machine - good vacuum, good seal, quick and easy to operate as long as one follows the instructions that are common to all such machines.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$115.00.

Kane C.

Kane C.South East Queensland, QLD

Would never buy this brand again

Doesn't suck all the air out and the sealing is terrible.
I purchased expensive bags and still had trouble with the vacuuming and sealing.
Only good thing I can say is that it was easy to store because it was small and compact. 1 out of 10 rating

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$120.00.

jaques

jaquesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Sunbeam item ever is Foodsaver VS4500

Used my new Foodsaver VS4500 for the first time today so disappointed as it does not work at all ! The tips that the Sunbeam rep has provided should not be necessary ! Not their fault at all. This is not good for Sunbeams reputation as we have been a customer for years! Does not vacuum would be better off with ziplock bags. In some instances the shoddy device does not even seal. Last time this sucker will be purchasing a sunbeam product. Very disappointed. 0 out of 10

Purchased in February 2020 at Amazon for A$115.00.

No power. Tried other sockets. No go.

I bought it in February and did not need to use until now. Put roll in, plugged it in and no power. Not happy with this unit. Am sure to return to seller.

Purchased in February 2020 at Jarden Consumer Solutions for A$111.99.

RhiannonSYD

RhiannonSYDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Broken just after 1 year warranty period

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for A$130.00.

Hello RhiannonSYD,
Sorry to hear about your experience with this unit, please reply to my private message. I'm sure we can get you back to using your favorite FoodSaver soon.

Power not working, new unit

How does it power on, I just bought this and there’s no power light.... did I get a faulty one? Any help here would be great as I’d love to test it out

Purchased in March 2020 at Amazon for A$119.00.

Hello Nik K,
Could I ask for an update please, have you gotten the unit to power up?

Poor vaccum, illustrations and demo video.

In following instructions and demo, we have found that though putting the opening on the bag into the channel, the vaccume isn't strong enough or work at all. Having only purchased it yesterday and using it for the first time this evening, it will be returned to BIG W with hope of refund. It's clear from other internet product reviews this is a very common problem.

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for A$120.00.

Maddi

MaddiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Utter Rubbish

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$110.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Motor burnt out on first use!

Used it today to seal a few kilos of chopped vegetables. Worked on 4 small bags and on the 5th bag motor blew up, let out a puff of smoke and now stuck with a pile of vegetables l can't seal and freeze. Not impressed.

Purchased in February 2020 at Goodguys.

Hello Hayden m.
So sorry to hear about your experience with this faulty unit.
Please do return it to your retailer for a replacement.

Kookaburra

KookaburraWaitui

I love it!

Bought this Foodsaver from Bing Lee about 4 weeks ago, to pack half a cow's worth of meat. Once you work out how it works best for you, it quickly becomes indispensable, it has earned a permanent spot on my benchtop. Apart from meat, I have packed green beans, garlic, limes, dried fruit, etc
To make it easier to keep the top edges of the bag aligned properly, I use a rectangular shallow 900ml Decor plastic container in front of the machine to support the bag. If you just have it resting on your benchtop, the weight of the contents tend to drag the whole thing down and you may not get a proper seal.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bing Lee for A$249.00.

Hi Kookaburra
Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear you're loving your FoodSaver.

Doesn’t vacuum or seal properly

Purchased in February 2020 at Goodguys for A$110.00.

James R.

James R.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great machine !

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W Retail Stores.

Hello James R.
Thank you for giving yourself the time to test out the machine and I'm happy to hear that you're loving it now!
Thank you for your feedback regarding the manual.

Treena DVSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed!

Purchased the Sunbeam VS4500 with Flybys points and really wished I hadn't. I've been trying to vacuum seal food all weekend for our Xmas camping holiday and the vacuum/seal just wont hold. Thought it was me but after reading reviews I guess it might not be. So disappointed!

Purchased in September 2019 at Flybys.

Treena DV

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly and yes the instructions for the VS6100 are much clearer. I will give it a try tonight and let you know.
I really do appreciate your prompt reply and great customer service.

Isaac S.

Isaac S.Perth, WA

Weak vacuuming!!

I bought this vs4500 on ebay. The vacuuming is too weak. It doesn't vacuum at all. Plenty of air still in vacuum bag. I'm so disappointed with Sunbeam vs4500 Foodsaver.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$100.00.

Hi Isaac S.
So sorry to hear of this. Please call us on 1300 881 861 and we can assist you further.
Kind regards, Sunbeam

Sacha

SachaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

VAC780 food saver

I purchased the VAC780 food saver some years back now, don’t know exactly when, maybe 2013. It was so bad, that I gave up after many tries and put it in a cupboard. I recently got it out, bought new bags, thought I’d try again, but still insufficient vacuum to remove air and shoddy sealing. Are there better models these days or should I be looking at other brands? I always avoid sunbeam brand products because of my experience with this machine. But if they’ve improved, maybe I’ll reconsider.

Purchased in January 2013 at Harvey Norman.

Brian LarkmanCentral Queensland, QLD

a piece of junk

I purchased this appliance at Myers boxing day sale I had, from the onset, problems to get it to operate sucessfully and took it back, where Myers promptly replaced it, but alas the replacement was no different, and does not work efficiently, I discovered that if you apply finger pressure to the lid that it will work well, but not all the time, it really is a matter of finding the right spot to apply finger pressure to, I bought a Sunbeam because of the brand reputation, but this quite frankly, is a piece of frustrating junk If you are in the market for a food saver stay clear of the Sunbeam VS4500 and save yourself disappointment

Purchased in January 2019 for A$120.00.

Hi Brian ,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. The VS4500 should not need extra pressure applied to it to operate. Please call us on 1300 881 861 and we can sort this out for you.
Kind Regards,

Brian Larkman

thank you for taking the time to contact me ,I have tried several times to ring1300881861 but am continually asked to call back later you can if you wish contact me on 0408877303 regards Brian L

maria

mariaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing Food Saver

The Sunbeam Food Saver is exactly that. A food saver!. Very easy to use and sits nicely on my kitchen bench. Can prepare food in advance and then vacuum seal. Have used for home made pastas, salami, vegetables, fresh lettuce, vegetables. The list goes on. I also use it for storing things when we go camping. Affordable and excellent quality!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Betta Home Living for A$110.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi maria, thank you for the great review, happy to hear you are enjoying using the product!

Simon C

Simon C

Absolute rubbish. After loosing two hundreds of food it's back for a refund

It vacuums . It deals. But then if you store it in the cupboard that bag will let air in slowly over a day or so and you will loose seal

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for A$119.00.

Hi Simon C,
Thank you for you feedback. If you have not already returned this to the store please call us on 1300 881 861 for us to trouble shoot with you.