Ford Falcon AU

Ford Falcon AU (1998-2002)

4.3

• Interior Design
  • Boot Size
  • Features
  • Comfort

Boiling and spitting water out

I have a Ford falcon au1 xr6 Ute. At times it seems to boil over. Temperature gauge is sitting at 1/4. The radiator and pipes are only 6 years old, I just put a new water pump in thinking that was the issue. It doesn't do it all the time but mainly when it's been driven for a couple hours straight I'm about due just to scrap it

Purchased in August 2010 for A$6,000.00.

Year2000
Features
Josh A.

Josh A.Central, SA

Unkillable

Got a spare $500 then you got an AU. She will never let you down. I have owned 4 in total. Had one that o converted to manual and it was the best car i have owned to date. Nicer to drive than a manual fgx xr6 and oh did I give it 4 years of hell, not that an au cares how bad you treat it.

Purchased in August 2011 for A$1,200.00.

TransmissionManual
Year2000
Features

cruise control

sI have a 2001 ford falcon forte au the cruise control doesn,t work I cant find the problem my self I have tried to find the relay switch on line and cant it keeps blowing fuses for some reason anyone know why

chris
chris

Anyone please

Neil

NeilNew South Wales

Reliable and economical

Have had two AU Falcon wagons. The First One dual fuel I put 500000km on clock until gas computer died. Very reliable cars with beautiful interior unlike the later Falcons which seem more plastic inside. So good that I purchased a second wagon a year ago which was well looked after by a pensioner. Very economic on petrol if driven light footed I constantly get 8.7 L/100 combined running. Extremely reliable and comfortable cars that are tremendous value for money.

Purchased in January 2018 for A$2,500.00.

Year2002
Bren

BrenGold coast

Car has no spark

Use car daily and for everything work sports going out long trips service car my self all I have had to do is change oil and brakes as I said it is a evert day user helps me a work too be cause it has a tow bar which is handy

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Skyla

SkylaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

AU XR6 Tickford Spec

Hand built Engine, made in Australia for Australian conditions. This car has done over 200,000 kms and still has around 300,000 more to go, its held up extremely well, and requires almost no maintenance, the electronics in the car still work great. Has the original dash and everything. The build quality on these model and year are fantastic, if you can find one thats in reasonably well kept condition even at higher KM's you should pick it up. The only thing people dont like about the series 1 AU is the bug eye lights, which personally I love.

BadgeXR6 Limited Edition

Date PurchasedJul 2002
Joe

JoeMelbourne

Perfection at it's finest

I love my car use it on daily and a track car, never missed a beat , strongest car I've owned )ticking strong at 600,00km, , (owned daweoos to porches) and so far this is the greatest machine , A true drivers car ,
Goods : strong
: Cheap
: Parts are free/cheap and everywhere
: Very fun to drive
: Safe car
: if dual fuel good on fuel cost
: Parts are compatible with other models
: Easy to fix
: Rarity of tickford models

BadgeXR6 VCT Sprint
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedDec 2002
Bee

BeeSYDNEY

i love my car!

Hi I am just wondering why my car horn is going off all the time for no reason, it went off today while I was driving and people thought I was honking at them!!! and im getting honked at and sworn at, its like you've just got your hand on the horn

BadgeClassic Futura
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Manni

ManniSt.Albans

Good reliable car

I use my for my family or my self everyday. And I done every time service on time some time bet late but it's good car relable. Mechanic never mentioned any big issue.but it's old car .that's way some time sadenley problem. May next one again I will buy ford car.

Engine Size5.4
Date PurchasedMar 2015

Best car i have ever owned..

My 1999 AU Fairmont is the best car i have ever owned.I have owned 27 cars in 19 years, various makes and models, but the most reliable, cheap maintenance cost, comfortable, smooth, car i will never sell is my Fairmont. It truly is an amazing car, and 100% reliable, with very minor mechanical issues, and in 10 years of ownership i consider it a honour to have such a amazing car, now 220,000 on the clock and i know it will last another 500,000 km.

Date PurchasedJun 1999

Won't start

Recently changed a brake line (has the 3 line set up From the booster) sat for about a week.
Chucked a battery in it, went to start it and nothing, first time turning the key to (starting position) comes up with a Code on dash that reads (base) then goes away once you turn key of to try again. Also when the key is in the firing position to start a brake symbol comes up.

Checked all relays, fuses ect ect
Battery is fully charged, I have disconnected the abs (was running fine after that)
Also used to be gas
Cheers guys

Badge(No Badge)
Date PurchasedMay 2015
Dogs are the best.

Dogs are the best.Sydney, NSW

The best Tickford enhanced XR8

I have always owned Ford's, mostly Falcons. The AUII XR8 sedan I currently drive is one of the sweetest cars I have owned. Iv'e always loved the design & the 220kw Windsor in the last series 2 & in all series 3. The steering & handling is excellent, many say better than B & F series Falcons. The brakes are adequate but for those wanting more, later model big brake packages bolt straight on. Whilst the adaptive shift auto does the job, purests will prefer the 5 speed manual which really gets the little Windsor singing nicely. I strongly suggest upgrading the exhaust system if the car your looking at has the original factory system. For those looking for something a bit special, check out the T series from the same era.

Date PurchasedOct 2001
CrazyCamper2000

CrazyCamper2000Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

automatic 1998 AU falcon low revs when in gear

when putting the car into drive or reverse the revs drop rapidly including when sometimes when stopping it also drops revs but it fine when driving at speed limits. i have checked the spark plugs and have changed the spark plug leads it still occurs, how would this be fixed and what causes it?

Badge(No Badge)
Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Matthew H

Matthew HSouth Australia, 5162

Great car. Here's how to get radio code for free and how to enter code.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Dave of WA

Dave of WAPerth

Good alrounder, Classy Fairmont, best bang for buck out there.

These are a very solid A to B vehicle. Plenty of power and surprisingly economical we have 2 for our 20, 22 yr olds who are at uni. They love them. We looked at smaller cars but $6k small car is a joke compared to a $2k AU Falcon
One of our cars is a Fairmont - wow- classy interior like like no other. The paint has peeled off on one of them but as these are about value for money, reliability and safety it matters not. Very easy to service. If you are looking for fundamental transport- get one of these.

BadgeFutura

Date PurchasedJul 2008

Pretty good

BadgeFairmont
Date PurchasedJun 2012

Excellent...after spending alot of money!

Got my AU series 3 in 2013 low ks 113,000. Was going great at first now I have put in new radiator, alternator, water pump, belt and pullies, new speedo cluster and coil pack. After all this breaking down within a span of 6 months car is going great again. Had a 97 EL before this loved that car but was at an age where everything was breaking. Thinking of updating to a 2007 Futura next.

Date PurchasedNov 2013