Great Ute and better than expected

Never had a dual cab always had 4x4 wagon , but since driving the Ranger i am converted , goes really well , tows our 2.7 ton van really well and gives great fuel economy

Purchased in June 2018 for $38,996.00.

BoughtUsed
Comfort

FORD PX RANGER R.I.P. @ 74,511klms.

My Ford Capped Price Servicing Ford PX Ranger was bought new, to be my forever luxury vehicle, but, at a 39,600klm under warranty service at a Townsville Ford Dealership, it had issues with the manual clutch, that were ignored. Since early 2018 my Ford PX Ranger and many calls, emails to Ford Australia, has been at a standstill and undrivable at only 74,511klms on the clock. The Owners Manual 228page booklet supplied on purchase of a new Ford, has nothing but print and illustrations of the electronic plastic gadgets in the truck. There is not 'ONE' (1) page illustrating the motor or how to fix it. Not one! There isn't even any mechanical plan to show how to get to the mechanical parts within the motor for repair. Not one page helps the Truck owner to do a home repair to save money. Ford's Logo is "Ford goes further". I think this Ford automobile company needs a 'reality check.'

Purchased in August 2012.

BoughtNew
Comfort

It’s not a raptor it’s Trex

Wildtrack with raptor engine and gear box is the way to go
Very comfortable and quiet driving, with great fuel efficiency, very fine finish, clear and nice display, and great safety features, the self park it’s a nice bonus

Purchased in February 2019.

BoughtNew

Best care ever!!!

Awesome work and towing ute with heaps of space for the family, luggage/tools. Traveled with 5 adults for a 700k round-trip with no complaints.

Recently towed a 2.2 tonne caravan from Canberra to the Gold Coast (return) and average 15l/100k. Typically averages 10l/100k for city and highway driving combined.

Have had no concerns electrically or mechanically. Never misses a beat.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

2017 Automatic gearbox problems

2017 XLS auto, 25k. Auto is sloppy... ok n bitumen, but on dirt tends to drop into a lower gear, or the torque converter slips markedly when you hit a bump. Consequently it's constantly changing and revving unnecessarily under light load over bumpy roads. Apparently it's within specs, (Ford allow 1000 rpm as within specs!) but seriously crap design.

BadgeXLS
Date PurchasedSep 2017

Should have bought a Toyota

Same thump from gearbox on takeoff, listen to a usb one time and the next the radio comes on. Seems i have an issue from the steering column. Doesn't load all my phone contacts from an huawei phone. Maybe i need an i phone for this car. Car brakes come on at 150 mts of car turning. Maybe it should drive itself. Hate it. Too much body roll even when loaded. Told it needs Weight. Don't listen to salesmen. Now smart charging is tuned back on when software is updated. Idles terribly and am told to keep bringing the vehicle back. Like i don't need it to work.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Excellent vehicle both as daily driver & tow vehicle.

Our Ranger is primarily a daily driver to and from work. Mine is an XLT High-Country - special one-off...very nice vehicle. I was in the car & transport industry for around 25 years and I've owned 35 vehicles to date. I'm happy to advise the Ranger is by far the best I've owned. We also have a 3 tonne caravan which we've towed as far up as Port Douglas and we average 2 to 3 trips a year. The Ranger has performed beautifully on every trip regardless of the roads or conditions. I highly recommend the PX2 Ranger as a daily driver & tow vehicle.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

I wanted a ranger brought it.

I flew to Sydney to look at this car loved the way it looked and drove so I bought it. Drove it back to Melbourne no drama. I did not know it has a cooler on the EGR water flow through the exhaust stopped using it and now it's brilliant. No drama.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Great car and only gets let down alot by the Dunlop Grandtrek AT22 tyres.

I was given this car as a company car and I love it, the first time I drove it in the wet it was frightening! Tyres are horrendous in the wet and are useless offroad. I have had 2 flats in 2 years and I have only had 2 previous flats in 24 previous years of driving. Ford and Mazda know these tyres are not acceptable to most owners and still haven't done anything about it. These Grandtrek AT22 tyres are made in Thailand and that is the problem, the Japanese made tyres are fine.
Onto the positives: brilliant Apple Carplay and infotainment system. Very good active safety systems that always work. Very quiet and comfortable. Well built and finished, paint seems to be thin as it chips alot.
Apart from the worst tyres I have ever had on a car, I love my XLT Ranger.
40,000Kms travelled and I am still happy with it and am very impressed with how new it still feels.
No problems at all and uses 10l/100KMS, mainly city driving.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

DISASTER DISASTER DISASTER

Engine and turbo blew while driving on major highway - car had 50,000 km and under 2 years old - had it towed to Goulburn Ford who are clearly not interested in any level of customer service - don't return calls or emails and are happy to sell their soul for their mother company. Ford deny warranty and at our own cost we have had engine rebuilt to diagnose root cause of engine failure - faulty fuel injector. This car held so many dreams for us and it has turned into a nightmare that has set us back tens of thousands of dollars and virtually crippled us financially. NEVER EVER BUY A FORD!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Have 2 Navara’s brought 2015 new. Chassis cracked due to pore welding. 55% undercut and a crater. Ha

Over 120km every day sometimes 300.
Used as mobile welding truck in forestry and around town
Every 10,000km recommended is 15,000 but I carry big loads
I have only done 8,000km
Nissan diff shat it’s self at 80,000km
It has only done its pre delivery inspection and I did not have any defaults

CabSuper
Date PurchasedAug 2018

First and last ford I will ever buy

Just reach 2 years owning my wildtrack, have had the same list of issues and continue to get the same excuses from ford. Issues include thump from gearbox on take off, navigation system fault, erratic parking sensors, door misalignment, entertainment system rebooting while driving, poor radio reception and many more minor faults. I've been told many excuses from that just how they all are for the gearbox but we have reported to ford as there is no solution at this time. For all entertainment system issues all I get is we have reset the system and hope for the best, but always expect the worst. As I keep telling the dealer, I wish I bought a Toyota.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

FORD RANGER XLT 2012 MODEL LOSES POWER WHEN TOWING

Has anybody had a problem where their Ranger loses power and goes into Limp Mode whilst towing, especially if the outside temperature is high. Mine is doing this now and I am on "An around Australia" loop up at Karratha. I have had it to Ford at Karratha; no fault codes come up, nor do any dash lights show up when it goes into Limp Mode

Date PurchasedSep 2012

my ranger wont start, am using quick start, and its definitely over-fueling, black smoke on accelera

Family transport, used daily, serviced 6 monthly. When it didn't want to start i used quick start. However, the black smoke had started before that. Diagnostics in Kokstad said it was injectors but I'm failing to understand why it wont start without quick start?
About a year ago i had the problem of it not starting and the problem was related to the key remote but there was no black smoke. The rough idling or miss only comes in between 1800 - 2000 rpm then it goes away, still has power!

CabSuper
DriveRWD
Engine Size0
Date PurchasedMar 2010

Best vehicle I've owned by far. This 2018 Wildtrak Ranger is my 4th and by far the better.

I replaced my 2016 wildtrak for the 2018 wildtrak. I drive my vehicles long distances often for family and pleasure reasons and I find them very economical and comfortable. I totally reccomend you try one you won't want anything else. These vehicles have so much power and torque they surpass the competition in my opinion

A great all round ute

Bought my XLS from a mate. (Sold due to his failing health)Tricked up beautifully, this XLS in my opinion is as good or better than a Wildtrak. I recommend upgrading suspension and adding iDrive. It has a lot of accessories added by Opposite Lock prior to Rego. A great tray system and auxiliary diesel and water tanks in the tray and much more!

BadgeXLS
Date PurchasedJul 2018

Very happy with the car

I usually use my car to drive between my family and work. I always use the car for about two hours each day, every day of the week. I get my car serviced once or twice a year. my mechanic has not mentioned any issues with the car and also the fuel lasts very well

Engine Size2.2L
Date PurchasedMay 2016

COG light

Daily commute as well as tow vehicle during holidays. During towing the amber COG light on dash came on on several occasions. Car is serviced regularly. (anywhere between 10k and 15k).
After taking car to several mechanics someone suggested I run another lead from the negative terminal to the engine block. Hey presto COG light no longer comes on. Has 105,000 klms on the clock.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Ford Ranger XLT 2017

Purchased last years runout in May this year. XLT brand new, paid $10,000 less than the going rate because we sniffed around dealers. Our local dealer couldn’t beat the Melbourne dealers price, so my review of the ranger definitely includes my advice to COMPARE dealers! The vehicle itself isn’t as nice inside as the Nissan Navara we tested but you can’t compete with how powerful and elevated the ranger is. It’s strong, and fierce and hasn’t missed a beat. Takes a bit of diesel but not out of the ordinary for a Ute of its power.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

very happy with this vehicle

for everything, social and work. the car is driven every day, and always serviced on time if not a bit earlier. WE had it checked over by a friend and he indicated that is was in very good condition. We will be taking it on a interstate road trip next month.

Drive4WD
Badgeunsure of what this is.
Date PurchasedAug 2018

hi new to the ranger family how do i tell if my ranger is px or px.11 or whatever it a ausie damaged nz repaired 2018 w track ps i dont have a manual

I have a 2012 ranger 2.2 and drove to shops and grabbed a coffee,put it in drive to go and nothing,all it did was rev high. Turned car off for few minutes and started it again,put it in drive and we got 50mtrs down the road and it did same thing just rev out. Did that a few times so put it on flatbed and sent it to ford springboard They apparently took the sump of and a quick look determined it needed a new trans at a cost of $7500. I’ve spoken to mechanic friends and they were talking about mechatronic plates gone. I don’t know what to do,I just don’t believe a car that’s done 165000ks with no trailer/caravan or heavy load towing can do a gearbox. Apparently ford had a recall of automatic transmission with vehicles built between Nov 2011 and Nov 2012. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here because I’m just shocked at what’s going on thanks

Have a 2011 PX 3.2lt 6 speed auto with problems in hard thump gear shift from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 2nd ..sometimes hard shifts down when accelerating uphill. Have had the transmission range switch replace but no change and down $650.. Thoughts and best options and approx costs??

Similar listings