See the Best Utes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Others are better

4cyl 2.2litre 6speed diesel ford ranger xl 4x2 tipper ute single cab
fuel economy 13.4l/100kms around town.
Towing a small mower/trailer under 1ton. 14.1l/100kms
Ute very uncomfortable to drive,feel like I have a slipt disc in my back. I'm an average 164cm height weight bout 60kgs. So without long legs and struggling with the very compact utility can't adjust the steering wheel enough. If you are very tall good luck! Steering wheel is very harsh on the hands, ute sits very high. Even grabbing the seat belt could be moved further forward.
With the tray being a tipper has a guide track on the inside of the tray so u can't slide things of without them catching. They also have tie down points in them. Not useful to my work practicality and can't remove them as they hold the tray together. Ute tipper remove ur tailgate or it will snap off hitting the tow ball. Few things that could be changed I guess I don't like the drive and not practicle for myself and line of work others may have a different view. Ute hasn't hit 3000km yet.havent had any trouble with the Diesel particulate filter yet (dpf) . Have know with the 4x4 2019 ranger that they chew threw tires.

Purchased in June 2019 for $50,000.00.

Buying 2nd hand 2015 wildtrack

I’m looking at buying a 2015 wildtrack second 100000 on clock its a auto all ways had manuals now any real problems with this l owned a 2014 xlt no real problems besides front cover leaking was a good car until written off any help about wildtrack

Rear Seal

Son one may help got my 2017 Ranger back from a 75000 service would the main rear seal be under warranty as I have a 5yr warranty so one would assume it would be .When picked up the truck no service people there to ask only salespeople was planning to go up to Broome on Monday morning towing a caravan?? Maybe

Purchased in December 2017 at Cardiff Ford for $54,000.00.

Comfort

A must for a tough truck

We have had our mk2 2017 ranger wildtrack now for 6 months and must say for looks grunt leisure and ease of drive I can’t stress enough this is a must! We use it everyday to work an back to kids sports and it never misses a beat. It drives smooth and sweet on the road has all the mod-cons and more to make your daily commute a dream.on weekends we off-road and the fun and excitement it brings is enormous.so if your after a all round versatile stylish truck this ones for you!

Purchased at Ford Dealers.

Great Ute

I have just purchased the Ford Wildtrac after owning Holden utes, and this is a nice Ute to drive on or off road. I have towed a mini excavator to site and it has a lot of grunt. This would match if not exceed my Holdens performance.

Purchased in December 2018 for $65,000.00.

Year2018

The ute of the decade

This is the best ute ever.Very good on the diesel. And how's our 20 foot caravan with no problems at all with 5 of us included.Low maintenance and the reliable.

Purchased in January 2019 at Brighton Ford for $60,000.00.

Comfort

Great value for money Ute.

First of all let me say I’m coming from a 200 Series into a Wildtrak Ranger. Now the Wildtrak is no 200 Series, but it’s still a great car. Normally I would not go for something that is new on the market, it after doing some research I’ve found the 2.0 10 Speed to have the best value for money of all the other utes I looked at. The adaptive cruise and collision avoidance technology is brilliant. The car drives well and is pretty responsive around the city. Country and highway driving is exceptionally good, especially when using the cruise control. I’m yet to take it off road, but I have been in other rangers off road and have found them to be very capable in both standard trim and modified. I’d suggest a front bar for protection if you drive in the country or go 4wding a lot.
Overall I give the Wildtrak a 4.5 out of 5.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chadstone Ford for $58,500.00.

Heap of crap should have kept 2013 BT50

2017 XLT ranger Cold start engine knock from 33000km done 60000km now ford can’t find a problem after several check I have recording of the knock and have been told by ford that it’s overfueling 12-13 km/l and towing a 3t van over 6000km 22.7km/l average

Purchased in July 2017 at Harrigan ford.

Comfort
I picked up the above car from Harrigan’s after being told they diagnosed that there wasn’t a problem with the car and charging me $330 for my trouble as Ford Australia said it wasn’t a warranty issue as I was driving out there drive there was an obvious knock so I recorded it on my phone and went back to the dealer. I texted the noise to the service manager before I was 1/2 away from the dealer I got a message from the service manager asking if they could get the car back again to check a few things Déjà vu back on the 19/8/19 see what happens then

I love this car but.........

I have the new Ford ranger bi-turbo which I am very happy with. Only fault is I've just clocked up my first 1000 kms and the stop-start does not work anymore. Off to Ford I go.

Purchased in June 2019.

Buy Toyota.....

I bought a new Ranger in January 2013 from Ford Kalgoorlie, all went well until its first big trip on Gibb River Road in mid 2014. Wheel nuts sheared off and required replacements, instead of obliging me, Ford in Broome told me I needed a whole new rear axle and wheel assembly for the ball park figure of $5000. A trip to Supercheap auto fixed the issue with a new set of studs and nuts for $40.00 yes, forty dollars.
The next issue was at 40,000km when the gearbox bearings gave up in 2016. The warranty was two months expired however the gearbox isn’t due to be serviced until 200,000km. Ford again refused to do anything and was replaced at a cost of $4,800.00 by a gearbox specialist.
Subsequently, in January 2018, the gear shift assembly broke or wore out at 48000km and despite being a simple part to replace, Ford only sold the genuine part as part of the whole gear shift assembly.
As an aside, the gear assembly came loose last week whilst driving from Perth to Queensland, I managed to limp into Macquarie Toyota in Warren NSW where the service manager, Danny Hunt, helped fix the issue in 10 minutes at no charge. So a simple gesture like this will ensure that I will return to Toyota reliability in the future.

I will never buy another Ford anything as their service is so poor and at every turn have tried to screw every last cent from over inflated estimates to simple solutions.

I have spent 20 odd thousand dollars on 4wd and touring upgrades that will now be spent on Toyota. Not that this one review will matter, but I hope anyone considering a new Ford will look elsewhere.

Purchased in January 2013.

poor reception

ford px xlt ute -
why do ford sell these ford rangers knowing there are problems and when speaking to head service manager and head mechanic , I'm treated like the idiot cause the vehicle they sold us is a lemon and they refuse to change the items everyone has stated and because you not aloud in mechanic work area to see them change a part , they wash it say it is new and send you on way with old part .. maybe fair trading to look into this matter and then something may get done as it is reoccurring far to often and we supposed to be holiday traveling, the matter is in hand with ford head office and ford dealer is not responding to phone calls or fixing problem as the same problem has 23 different fault codes at the moment , so just put 4 new speed sensors and a module in it and we go from there, the same dealer has people in there same problem and everyone sent home worry bout it later .. poor effort ford Australia help your customers or loose your customers - simple

Purchased in February 2019 at singleton for $30,000.00.

2012 2.2L Ford Ranger PX - Transmission problems

Own a 2012 ford ranger PX 2.2L, started having problems with my gear box so booked it into Ford dealership. They said it was a control sensor selector, replaced that at $3200. Only just got our car out last week Friday from a Ford dealership and was told to drive around for a few days to allow for the new gear control selector to start to work and finds its place .....4 days later driving along at 100kms and transmission shifts down to first gear, wheels lock up, cars revs out and engine and traction control lights comes on. Straight back to ford dealership and was quoted for a new re- conditioned transmission at $6000. Not sure what’s happening but Ford need to own up. This is wrong.

Purchased in February 2016.

Gear Shifting

Great Ute and better than expected

Never had a dual cab always had 4x4 wagon , but since driving the Ranger i am converted , goes really well , tows our 2.7 ton van really well and gives great fuel economy

Purchased in June 2018 for $38,996.00.

Year2009
Comfort

FORD PX RANGER R.I.P. @ 74,511klms.

My Ford Capped Price Servicing Ford PX Ranger was bought new, to be my forever luxury vehicle, but, at a 39,600klm under warranty service at a Townsville Ford Dealership, it had issues with the manual clutch, that were ignored. Since early 2018 my Ford PX Ranger and many calls, emails to Ford Australia, has been at a standstill and undrivable at only 74,511klms on the clock. The Owners Manual 228page booklet supplied on purchase of a new Ford, has nothing but print and illustrations of the electronic plastic gadgets in the truck. There is not 'ONE' (1) page illustrating the motor or how to fix it. Not one! There isn't even any mechanical plan to show how to get to the mechanical parts within the motor for repair. Not one page helps the Truck owner to do a home repair to save money. Ford's Logo is "Ford goes further". I think this Ford automobile company needs a 'reality check.'

Purchased in August 2012.

Comfort

It’s not a raptor it’s Trex

Wildtrack with raptor engine and gear box is the way to go
Very comfortable and quiet driving, with great fuel efficiency, very fine finish, clear and nice display, and great safety features, the self park it’s a nice bonus

Purchased in February 2019.

Year2018

Best care ever!!!

Awesome work and towing ute with heaps of space for the family, luggage/tools. Traveled with 5 adults for a 700k round-trip with no complaints.

Recently towed a 2.2 tonne caravan from Canberra to the Gold Coast (return) and average 15l/100k. Typically averages 10l/100k for city and highway driving combined.

Have had no concerns electrically or mechanically. Never misses a beat.

BadgeWildtrak
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

2017 Automatic gearbox problems

2017 XLS auto, 25k. Auto is sloppy... ok n bitumen, but on dirt tends to drop into a lower gear, or the torque converter slips markedly when you hit a bump. Consequently it's constantly changing and revving unnecessarily under light load over bumpy roads. Apparently it's within specs, (Ford allow 1000 rpm as within specs!) but seriously crap design.

BadgeXLS
Date PurchasedSep 2017

Should have bought a Toyota

Same thump from gearbox on takeoff, listen to a usb one time and the next the radio comes on. Seems i have an issue from the steering column. Doesn't load all my phone contacts from an huawei phone. Maybe i need an i phone for this car. Car brakes come on at 150 mts of car turning. Maybe it should drive itself. Hate it. Too much body roll even when loaded. Told it needs Weight. Don't listen to salesmen. Now smart charging is tuned back on when software is updated. Idles terribly and am told to keep bringing the vehicle back. Like i don't need it to work.

BodyCab Chassis
BadgeWildtrak
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Excellent vehicle both as daily driver & tow vehicle.

Our Ranger is primarily a daily driver to and from work. Mine is an XLT High-Country - special one-off...very nice vehicle. I was in the car & transport industry for around 25 years and I've owned 35 vehicles to date. I'm happy to advise the Ranger is by far the best I've owned. We also have a 3 tonne caravan which we've towed as far up as Port Douglas and we average 2 to 3 trips a year. The Ranger has performed beautifully on every trip regardless of the roads or conditions. I highly recommend the PX2 Ranger as a daily driver & tow vehicle.

BadgeXLT
Date PurchasedOct 2016

I wanted a ranger brought it.

I flew to Sydney to look at this car loved the way it looked and drove so I bought it. Drove it back to Melbourne no drama. I did not know it has a cooler on the EGR water flow through the exhaust stopped using it and now it's brilliant. No drama.

BodyCab Chassis