6Ford Transit

Ford Transit Questions & Answers

Keith S.
Keith S. · Transit VO (2014-2024)

2014 Ford transit , VO , 350L. Lwb, high roof. Can I change the dual front passenger seats for a single so I can "walk thru" into the cargo area from the driver's seat.

Shane j.
Shane j. · Transit VO (2014-2024)

Hi I have a Ford Transit late 2019 VO LWB.
Have just had to replace the injectors after just 65000k. My local mechanic performed the job but using his latest and greatest 'Snap On' coding tool can not find Ford Transit to be able to code the new injectors.
He has all the other Fords at his fingertips but no Transit.
My question is..... Do I need to code them in this model ?
I have rang Ford dealerships and they won't disclose any information until i book it in with a ford dealer which is booked out 2 months ahead.
Thanks Johno

Ted V.
Ted V. · Transit VO (2014-2024)

My Ford transit has been sitting at Eln Ford for Twelve months as it blew a second motor at 85,000 km th first one just stopped at 165 ,00 km not to mention my gearbox $7,500 had problems 2 months before that as well as wiper linkages failed and water bottle cracked there is so many things that went wrong with it I’m still paying for it and I haven’t been able to use it’s a 2018 model nothing but trouble so either the mechanics that worked were incompetent all the van was a lemon not happy with the way I’ve been treated

Doug J.
Doug J. · Transit VM (2006-2013)

Hi, my mil light and alternator light stays on and engine runs rough only first start each day. Stop motor and restart and all is ok. any idears?

ANTHONY C.
ANTHONY C. · Transit

Ford transit van 1999 ,power steering, how to top up

Eddie c.
Eddie c. · Transit VM (2006-2013)

Hi just wondering how good are the Ford Transit vm 2.4 turbo 2010

JOSHUA B.

Great vans just be careful with the rust

Eddie c.
Eddie c. · Transit VM (2006-2013)

Hi are the Ford Transit vm van reliable this one I'm looking at is a 2010 2.4 bus. 1110km on it
Thanks Eddie

Mark
Mark

if it manufactured in Germany you will probably be ok i had a 2008 never missed a beat traded it for a new 2017 transit wish i had kept the old one new ones made in Turkey are crap i have had 3x new clutch 1x drive shaft 2x rear leaf springs 2x front struts new gearbox new turbo rear diff not straight now back in for a gear box issue ford say thers is no problem with vehicle.

Julie B.
Julie B. · Transit

Can a 6 speed new motor be put in a 2000 series Diesel ford transet

Michelle J.
Michelle J. · Transit

I have a 2016 custom LWB and have been told that the gearbox goes at around 90000km's. Has anybody had this problem?

mel
mel · Transit

Hi - we have a 2005 Ford Transit Bus with Diesel engine( now a camper) but we have found in the last week that it has lost power in lower gears - very slow to wind up and then goes alright until you hit a hill when it really slows down and struggles till we get to the top.. I am not sure if it is the turbo or flow meter? Any help appreciated as we are far from home and it is tricky. Thanks

JOSHUA B.

It’s the turbo I have one of those vans

Loz
Loz · Transit VM (2006-2013)

My Ford Transit Tray 2008, stalls when I am slowing down and engage the clutch, does anyone know of this problem?

djwaller4 · Transit

Hello. Does anyone know much about the locking system on a 2006 v j transit camper van?

Cally

Nup. But after reading all the endless expensive repair bills on ford transit vans theres no way lm buying one now

djwaller4

Well after sorting out the couple of little problems known with these models. I'm now very happy to report, the ol Transhit is running sweet, and I'm pretty happy at the moment....

TONY E.
TONY E. · Transit VM (2006-2013)

I have installed 2 master clutch units in 6 months, do I have a problem with clutch or master clutch unit which is made of plastic?

Its made of plastic

Master clutch unit

g dogg
g dogg · Transit

What is the difference between a fa and a vm chassis?

kombi53
kombi53

to be honest I do not know ! my experience is with the new Transit custom long wheel base, great looking, goes well, the drivers seat did not suit me to the point with 500kms on the clock I traded it back to Ford, not a cheap experience !!

g dogg
g dogg · Transit

What is the difference between a fa and a vm chassis?

Barry T.
Barry T. · Transit

at idle in neutral the motor will rev from about 800 rpm up to 1500 in stages and then settle back to about 88 could this be egr fuel pump fine no pulling power on slight rises on road

gaz
gaz · Transit VM (2006-2013)

will the inlet manifold vm fit a 2006 vj 2.4lt

Rob
Rob · Transit

I have a 2.4 tdci 07 model what engine oil is best suited

tob12
tob12 · Transit

I have a ford transit 2001 van A code P0149“Fuel Timing Error” would a Faulty glow plug get the “Fuel Timing Error.”

Bill
Bill · Transit

what size battery is required for 2000 2.4 ltr turbo transit

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ford Transit