Ford Transit

74 questions from our users

Luke L.

Luke L.asked

Transit

My van is suffering from limp mode .. but no one can figure out whats causing it ..
Any one found a fix ?

REGO 2013 FORD TRANSITE

Shell H.

Shell H.asked

Transit

I have a diesel 2000 model transit van when I turn the key it’s like it’s in gear and nothing happens no sound noise no clicking battery it was running fine until two days ago anyone got any ideas of what it could be

Dave P
Dave P

We have a 2006 VM Transit and have had the same problem. $3500 for diagnostic fees plus towing costs and still no result. Ford tells us the problem is connected with the computer units. ???? Good luck to you. From 2 unhappy Grey Nomads.

laurence

laurenceasked

Transit

have 2006 VJ transit tdi with 130000km just had new injector pump fitted then exhaust rocker shaft bolts snapped of one remained partially still in this had to bea manufacturing fault but does the computer need clearing to restart the motor after reinstalling rocker shaft tried cracking injector lines but hasnt been successful

ruby red

ruby redasked

Transit

What year did ford fix the auto gearbox problems in the transit vans

Gerryasked

Transit

Hi has anyone got a good front bumper bar for a fort transit vg 1999 in Sydney area

Yakka

Yakkaasked

Transit

Hello, does anyone out there had a 1996 Ford Transit with a twin overhead cam 4 cylinder motor.Are they reliable, and how expensive for parts. Thanks

Brett

Brettasked

I have a 1997 Transit stuck in limp mode with a list of engine faults any ideas

ray .d

ray .dasked

Transit

am looking at buying 140-t330 man van.is it 2.2 or 2.4l I think it is 2009 model .are they reliable and about how much for to get it serviced.

Trevor humphrys

Are the 1999 and 2001 bell housing for a Ford transit van petrol the same

Geoffrey W.

Geoffrey W.asked

Transit

Are the 12 seat my13 bus’s a good build year?

Denis

Denisasked

Transit

What year and model transit is best for setting up as a free camper for two people?

Ken L.

Ken L.asked

New or Recon motor for 1997 VG Transit Van required plus fiiitting

Pete B

Pete Basked

Transit VM

I have 2007 transit 2.4 TDCI. It has developed a whistle which I’m thinking may be turbo/air intake related. Any clues? Also my clutch goes soft after heavy climbing returns to normal when not under this stress.

Coogie
Coogie

We also have 2007 Transit and has developed whistle. Mechanic tells me that it is leaking turbo gasket - not a problem to leave it for a while. Apparently is costly to replace due to time spent dismantling various components to get to it.

Kat

Katasked

Transit

Does anyone know where I could get electrics for 1999 Ford Transit Manual Van (VG?) fixed or even just parts (speedometer etc gone!)? I'm based in Northern suburbs of Melbourne.

Also, we want to buy another van but the reviews look bad. The transit is good because it fits 2 pallets. Which model/year do you recommend with less problems? Thanks in advance.

Phil D

Phil Dasked

Transit

I have a ford transit van 2.5lt diesel turbo 1998 Camper, went into limp mode,fault was leaking lucas-epic injector pump, finally died...got another from wrecker haven't installed it yet, only worked on Petrol, never done one before, the Ford people wont help...Stuck in Alice Springs (4months) great place though.....3 mechanics tried ripping me off, to do job for $8000,another diag with a OBD11 tool charged $250 instead of a Lucas laser 2000, doing job myself, got a manual another mechanic stole it, need the settings for timing please, can anyone help please it would be much appreciated and any advise ..like should I also replace egr .much appreciated...met some great people here as well...Ps is this a MK3
vin # WF0LXXBDVLWL16885 & ENG # 4EBWL16885

1998 is a mk5

Trav

Travasked

Transit VM

hey mate wondering if you could recommend somewhere to got a 2006 transit engine vm 2.4 litre ?

Rony
Rony

Hi mate , just call me tomorrow.

Alex L
Alex L

0421747553 Alex thanks mate

Jim

Jimasked

Transit

I have a 1997 Ford Transit diesel motorhome that I feel doesn't perform as well a I expect. It has a new injector pump but still seems to be lacking in power from my perspective. I thought that if I had it serviced by a really good mechanic, it might improve performance. Can anyone recommend a mechanic that could look at it in the Newcastle region please?

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives