Foxtel Play

Foxtel Play

See the Best Online Streaming Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Foxtel? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.1
  • Rates and Fees
Brad H.
Brad H.Sydney, NSW

Absolute rubbish

Slow load times, does not remember watched programs , fast forward max 8x , it’s no good

All other providers interface much better and 1/2 the price .
I’d highly reccomend not using this service

Rates and Fees

Useless

Overpriced rubbish just finish free trial can’t watch properly as keeps on buffering Foxtel completely lost the plot the last 10 years so expensive for absolute rubbish product/service / price avoid at all cost or do a trial and see for youself

Rates and Fees
Humbert H.
Humbert H.

The Buffering Service

I have Netflix, Stan, Amazon and Disney. I thought I'd give Foxtel a shot too, because why not? You would think with so much competition (all of which is cheaper it must be said) Foxtel might at least try to make a competitive product. They didn't get this advice apparently. I spend more time watching the TV buffer and pause than I do actually watching what is on. I wish I were speaking figuratively. 90% of the time Foxtel is utterly unwatchable, at which point I put on any of the other streaming services available with no problem. This is a Foxtel specific problem, and the reason they'll no longer recieve my money. Do yourself a favour and sign up to any other streaming service, which as mentioned, are all cheaper too.

Jono
JonoSouth East Queensland, QLD

No other app buffers like foxtel. .

The only reason I pay ALL THAT MONEY is for live AFL, super annoying. Trying to steam replay and can't even get it to load.. Haven't watched a single show without an issue..

trevor t.
trevor t.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Foxtel inferior commentary

Foxtel sports afl commentators so biased for Victorian teams & underdogs. Only see them for their efforts but not the poor umpire decisions against the other team. They r biased in their views, barracking for the underdog. Foxtel commentators are inferior, one eyed, some of which never played afl.

Lulu
LuluGold Coast

Worst than terrible. Wasted my time setting up.

If it works would be nice. Why bother offering something doesnt work. I should have known being regular Foxtel customer, which was already disappointing service now this one is worst.

COMPLETELY TRASH

Plays up ALL the time, you can't even search TV series, you gotta go online and find the names of individual episodes on TV series to search on Foxtal Play!!

Della
DellaSydney, NSW

Horrible

Crappy service that wont allow you to play directly from your tv anymore. What idiot thought of that? I think they would lose a lot more customers now. Stupid crap that changed it.

1000cuts
1000cutsCygnet

Trash fire. Poxtel is the worst thing about GOT ( including Ed Sheeran) ...Half a star.

Barely functional app. Menus and navigation are ludicrous, nonsensical and don't work with the hardware that they are installed on. Fast forward and rewind don't work properly and forget about scrubbing. Foxtel seem to have no regard for their customers other than being targets for their weird propaganda shows.

Jonathan C.
Jonathan C.Sydney, NSW

Foxtel Play is Crap!

Useless, hard to navigate iPhone app. Why no AppleTV app? Also no app that I can download to my smart tv from the Opera store. I also get constant buffering (even though I'm getting 12Mbps download speeds). Overall, it's useless!

Garbage

Hardest app I've ever used. No option to navigate a season of a TV show, you have to search episode by episode. Doesn't even have a break down by category.

Disappointed
DisappointedSouthwest, VIC

Disappointed with dodgy channel packages

Jas
JasPerth

HBO hurry up and move to Netflix

A relief to see other people saying much the same. No HD, seasons separated for no reason, hard to navigate, crashes. So bad.

Horrible system. Rubbish company

Horrible app that is hard to navigate one episode to another. Instead of a entire box set folder for a show they separate season after season. I ask any person to find Season 1 of Game of Thrones or Girls. And then find the season afterwards.
Horrible app. Terribly expensive. Not worth it

Absolutely garbage

PatD
PatDasked

Has anyone ever had a satisfactory answer from Foxtel when complaining about the constant buffering and dropping out altogether on Foxtel Play? I’ve called, they say it’s my TV or internet speed despite having NO problems with Netflix, Stan, Amazon, ABC iView or SBS OnDemand.

Neens
Neens

Foxtel are well & truly aware of their poor performance and have done NOTHING other than create the puck box at an additional cost of $99. According to a recent article in the news Foxtel lost many subscribers during 2017 and their profit was drastically reduced. The appointment of a new CEO for the combined Sport and Foxtel businesses may change their attitude because if they continue to overcharge for a product that does not deliver, they will eventually go out of business. Netflix has caught Foxtel with their pants around their ankles and is forcing them kicking and screaming to account for their poor past performance. The streaming service Foxtel Play has been rebadged as Foxtel Now (the new app is still not available on most Smart TVs). I cancelled my subscription at the end of Outlander and the Walking Dead S8 part 1. I was blunt in my assessment of their crap service - did I receive a follow up call. NO WAY that might have actually provided a customer with a remote possibility that Foxtel cares less about their customer base.

jkm
jkmasked

I'm interested in using the free Foxtel Play trial for the next two weeks to watch the french open, and then to deactivate my account so I am not charged anymore. I have read lots of reviews saying the quality is bad, but I was wondering how easy it is to deactivate an account. On the website they say it can be done through a simple link, but many people seem to need to call customer service which is never fun.

How have everyone else's experiences cancelling been? Is it easy or does it take a lot of effort? Thanks :)

Brett
Brett

I went a similar route with the free trial. Only through Telstra TV is the quality in HD, but still has buffering issues. All other devices is in SD and the quality is quite poor, especially if you are used to HD quality steaming with Netflix and Stan.

It is a simple process to deactivate the account, you can even do it the next day and you can still access the content for two weeks. Unless something has changed, read the fine print.

PeteBasked

Thought I would try Foxtel Play to access AFL footy. It had been working well enough until the first game last night which was on channel 550 Footy +.
The picture was pixelated and unwatchable. All other channels appeared normal. Anyone else having same problem?

Koala
Koala

Yesterday i found the signal was worse than usual early evening, lots of buffering. It seemed to get better later though. Its very hit and miss, its definately at thier end though cos stan was perfect. May just have to tollerate all the buffering if you want to watch the game?

PeteB

I used to have the Foxtel Platinum package but saved nearly $100 per month switching to Fetch TV and Netflix. Only thing I really miss is AFL & Game of Thrones. AFL Live Pass isn't too bad. Don't have streaming issues with Fetch or Netflix. Quality of Foxtel Play isn't too bad especially Anytime option. Hoping AFL streaming improves. Thanks for your thoughts.

CategoryOnline Streaming Services