1.2

Lulu

LuluGold Coast

Worst than terrible. Wasted my time setting up.

If it works would be nice. Why bother offering something doesnt work. I should have known being regular Foxtel customer, which was already disappointing service now this one is worst.

COMPLETELY TRASH

Plays up ALL the time, you can't even search TV series, you gotta go online and find the names of individual episodes on TV series to search on Foxtal Play!!

Della

DellaSydney, NSW

Horrible

Crappy service that wont allow you to play directly from your tv anymore. What idiot thought of that? I think they would lose a lot more customers now. Stupid crap that changed it.

1000cuts

1000cutsCygnet

Trash fire. Poxtel is the worst thing about GOT ( including Ed Sheeran) ...Half a star.

Barely functional app. Menus and navigation are ludicrous, nonsensical and don't work with the hardware that they are installed on. Fast forward and rewind don't work properly and forget about scrubbing. Foxtel seem to have no regard for their customers other than being targets for their weird propaganda shows.

Jonathan C.

Jonathan C.Sydney, NSW

Foxtel Play is Crap!

Useless, hard to navigate iPhone app. Why no AppleTV app? Also no app that I can download to my smart tv from the Opera store. I also get constant buffering (even though I'm getting 12Mbps download speeds). Overall, it's useless!

Garbage

Hardest app I've ever used. No option to navigate a season of a TV show, you have to search episode by episode. Doesn't even have a break down by category.

Disappointed

Disappointed

Disappointed with dodgy channel packages

Jas

JasPerth

HBO hurry up and move to Netflix

A relief to see other people saying much the same. No HD, seasons separated for no reason, hard to navigate, crashes. So bad.

Horrible system. Rubbish company

Horrible app that is hard to navigate one episode to another. Instead of a entire box set folder for a show they separate season after season. I ask any person to find Season 1 of Game of Thrones or Girls. And then find the season afterwards.
Horrible app. Terribly expensive. Not worth it

Absolutely garbage

Jojo

JojoPerth

Compared to Netflix and Stan, Foxtel play is utter crap! Keeps crashing, can’t fast forward to the part I was actually up to. Erode it crashed cause it keeps on crashing!

Doesn’t allow you to like shows or add them to a favourites list to make it easier to go back to what you were watching....

Need to really improve your service Foxtel! Won’t be signing up that is for sure!

So many things make this horrible

Why no HD

Why can't watch AFL in HD in this day and age should not to put up with this sub standard display.
TELSTRA TV displays in HD so why can't FOX PLAY.

Crashes my Sony Bravia TV

Absolutely rubbish, crashes my Sony Bravia android TV every time I use the app.
Other apps work perfectly.
Good job it’s a free trial, I won’t be signing up.

Rubbish

This app never resumes correctly and most of the time it starts from the beginning when trying to resume. The resolution is crap even though I have a 4K TV with an average of 150mbps when connected to my hotspot. The menus are clunky and slow and for some reason they have video streaming in the background of the menu. I will be canceling my subscription shortly.

Askevold

AskevoldPerth

Absolute crap software platform

D.L.E.H

D.L.E.HIpswich

Horrible. Why can’t we give no stars?

Sandra

SandraPerth

Horrible!

I had the free trial and I cancelled it within few hours. The constant buffering and the quality looks like an old VHS cassette! Utter disaster! Not to mention it’s way to pricey for a bad picture quality...all in all, worthless and a rip off, not worth the money!

Piece of crap

Biggest piece of crap. Slow and designed poorly. Restarts required often. Login required every use. Nothing good about it. Waste of time and money.

NeensSurfers Paradise

Foxtel Play

Foxtel have done nothing to improve the Foxtel Play app you get sucked in subscribe it works ok for a few weeks then the streaming process is total crap. Most TV's do not use chrome as their internet access to the app. So you end up hooking a pc to the TV and then you might actually get to watch the programme before it bombs out, the streaming picture quality is also rubbish. I am junking my subs as soon as the walking dead S8 completes, Not prepared to fork out a further $99 bucks to robber FOXTEL for their Foxtel Now puck box. I love Netflix and they just poop over Foxtel Play/Now as a streaming service. Wonder what CBS via Chanel 10 will play out like.

PatD

PatDasked

Has anyone ever had a satisfactory answer from Foxtel when complaining about the constant buffering and dropping out altogether on Foxtel Play? I’ve called, they say it’s my TV or internet speed despite having NO problems with Netflix, Stan, Amazon, ABC iView or SBS OnDemand.

Neens

Foxtel are well & truly aware of their poor performance and have done NOTHING other than create the puck box at an additional cost of $99. According to a recent article in the news Foxtel lost many subscribers during 2017 and their profit was drastically reduced. The appointment of a new CEO for the combined Sport and Foxtel businesses may change their attitude because if they continue to overcharge for a product that does not deliver, they will eventually go out of business. Netflix has caught Foxtel with their pants around their ankles and is forcing them kicking and screaming to account for their poor past performance. The streaming service Foxtel Play has been rebadged as Foxtel Now (the new app is still not available on most Smart TVs). I cancelled my subscription at the end of Outlander and the Walking Dead S8 part 1. I was blunt in my assessment of their crap service - did I receive a follow up call. NO WAY that might have actually provided a customer with a remote possibility that Foxtel cares less about their customer base.

jkm

jkmasked

I'm interested in using the free Foxtel Play trial for the next two weeks to watch the french open, and then to deactivate my account so I am not charged anymore. I have read lots of reviews saying the quality is bad, but I was wondering how easy it is to deactivate an account. On the website they say it can be done through a simple link, but many people seem to need to call customer service which is never fun.

How have everyone else's experiences cancelling been? Is it easy or does it take a lot of effort? Thanks :)

Brett
Brett

I went a similar route with the free trial. Only through Telstra TV is the quality in HD, but still has buffering issues. All other devices is in SD and the quality is quite poor, especially if you are used to HD quality steaming with Netflix and Stan.

It is a simple process to deactivate the account, you can even do it the next day and you can still access the content for two weeks. Unless something has changed, read the fine print.

PeteBasked

Thought I would try Foxtel Play to access AFL footy. It had been working well enough until the first game last night which was on channel 550 Footy +.
The picture was pixelated and unwatchable. All other channels appeared normal. Anyone else having same problem?

Koala
Koala

Yesterday i found the signal was worse than usual early evening, lots of buffering. It seemed to get better later though. Its very hit and miss, its definately at thier end though cos stan was perfect. May just have to tollerate all the buffering if you want to watch the game?

PeteB

I used to have the Foxtel Platinum package but saved nearly $100 per month switching to Fetch TV and Netflix. Only thing I really miss is AFL & Game of Thrones. AFL Live Pass isn't too bad. Don't have streaming issues with Fetch or Netflix. Quality of Foxtel Play isn't too bad especially Anytime option. Hoping AFL streaming improves. Thanks for your thoughts.

Other Online Streaming Services